Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Weekend 8/25-8/26

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Weekend 8/25-8/26

• Options
    @thegirlwhowaited_ so happy that you got good news!  Good luck Tuesday!!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: Fertility Friend, red raspberry leaf tea, prenatal vitamins, HIO, cutting back on alcohol and eating cleaner, OPKs

R/R: Not much.  My dog has an ear infection so we'll be spending time (and probably a good amount of money) at the vet later this afternoon.  I think we caught it early, though, since she doesn't seem to be in pain and isn't shaking her head a lot or scratching it.  Poor baby, she is definitely getting extra snuggles and carrots tonight.

CS/Q: OPK was positive both yesterday and today, so yay!  FF wasn't predicting O until next week, so I am caught a little off guard, but that's totally ok!  The bad news is that DH is not feeling well at all, so HIO seems unlikely.  :/  It is what it is, I guess.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @thegirlwhowaited_ good luck!!!

@emeraldduchess I'm sorry DH isn't feeling well. We went through that last cycle, it's very disappointing. I hope your dog feels better too!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: temping, HIO

R/R: Nothing much... starting 10k training tomorrow which should be a welcome distraction from TTC!

CS/Q: Should I be concerned about spotting before my period? My LP is 12 days which seems fine, but two of those days have some brown spotting and I keep reading all these horror stories about how bad that is concerning fertility. Is it really an issue?
  • Options
    @riff323 I spot for a few days before my period really starts, too.  I haven't read any horror stories about it being a bad thing for your fertility, but I'm not a doctor.  From what I have read, it's usually harmless and super-light, slow flow.  But, if you're worried it doesn't hurt to ask your doctor.  I get how frustrating it can be.  Last cycle it seemed to go on way longer (make up your mind, uterus!) and I was so annoyed.   
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD:  8

WAYDTGKU: CM/CP/BBT/OPKs, N&C, supplements, etc. 

R/R: Hubs left again for work yesterday after getting in at midnight the day before. He probably won't be back until late into my next FW which is disappointing. I miss him already. I'm trying to take advantage of having a vacant uterus right now - had a 2nd cup of coffee this AM, a glass of wine last night with some oysters, etc. 

CS/Q: Nah. 
  • Options
    @thegirlwhowaited_ all the things crossed for you!
    @emeraldduchess sorry about your dog :disappointed: H needs to suck it up and take one for the team! :smile:
    @riff323 sorry for CD1
    @harrierwife I hate when my H travels! It's okay for one night but then I'm pretty over it. I hope the time flies for you.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: PNV, tracking on FF, WFAF

R/R: My cat is soooo snuggly this morning, it's the best. And, it's beautiful out today. Hoping to get out and do something.

CS/Q: 
  • Options
    @harrierwife hopefully you still get a chance this month! Take advantage of all the coffee and booze in the meantime!

@whiteswanblackswan I hope you get to do something fun today!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: HIO, temping, OPKs, fertility tea 

R/R: I think I finally O'd or going to today. Finally O pain and a positive hopefully tomorrow will tell. 

CS/Q :

No temp shift this AM. I'm really hoping this is it. Discarded temp yesterday due everyone waking me up and me being angry for being woken up. 

• Options
    @thegirlwhowaited_ fingers crossed!!! 

@emeraldduchess sorry about your pup. My oldest pup gets an ear infection about every 2 years. They usually just prescribe ear meds.

@riff323 I have heard anything bad but I usually spot a couple of days before as well.

@harrierwife sorry about your dh being gone during fw. Hopefully he makes it back in time.

@whiteswanblackswan my cat is only snuggly during the TWW when I'm warm.
  • Options
    meatballs37meatballs37 member
    edited August 2018
    @thegirlwhowaited_ yay for the great follicle! I hope the IUI is successful on Tuesday! 
    @emeraldduchess I hope your pup and DH both feel better.
    @riff323 I usually spot before AF fully arrives as well. Although I’m not sure how many days my LP is these days. Good luck with the 10k! I don’t even think I could run down the block these days. Lol. 
    @harrierwife I did the same last night. Drank wine and wallowed a bit in my empty uterus. 
    @asupernovablizzardstorm FC for O!

Cycle/Month: 10 (6 benched)

CD:11 

WAYDTGKU: PNV, bbt, CoQ10, OPK, DHA, PS, 

R/R: DH and I haven’t even HIO this cycle. Mostly because AF was like 8 days long. But also because I just don’t feel like it and he was gone for a wedding this weekend. Kindara is predicting my fertile window to be now. And I still haven’t had a positive OPK. In fact they are getting lighter. What the heck? (I have been using them this entire cycle out of curiosity). I think this cycle is going to be an A-O one. I just have that feeling. Whomp whomp. 

CS/Q: 

• Options
    @meatballs37 I hear you on not even feeling like HIO... nothing kills the romance like TTC, in my opinion (and an 8-day AF doesn't help either, ugh).

I think I was a little concerned about spotting because I keep seeing articles online that say, "Oh, you spot before your period? That's SO WEIRD. You probably have endometriosis or a thyroid problem." Obviously not written that way, but that's how my hypochondriac brain reads it. I know my thyroid is functioning properly because it was tested recently; and there's no way in hell I have endo because I'm pretty sure I would know it! I'm just overly paranoid. Glad to hear other people spot too!
  • Options
    Thanks for the well wishes, ladies.  DH and dog are both on the mend.  Stomach bugs combined with asthma and allergies suck so much. :( On to the TWW, I guess, since the OPK was negative today.

@riff323 it seems like the internet always leads us to the worst-case scenarios, doesn't it?  Whenever I google symptoms of anything, I almost always get "possible bubonic plague".  Uh...no.  Pretty sure that's not it. :D 

@meatballs37 I'm sorry things don't seem to be working out this cycle. Do something nice for yourself.  I always go for chocolate and wine. Or ice cream. <3 

@harrierwife I like how you think.  I'll be indulging in some Octoberfest beer this evening. Maybe some feta cheese, too.  Too bad I don't like sushi!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:  cycle 1

CD:  day 360 of no bleeding

WAYDTGKU:  PNV, sex, temping

R/R:  This weekend has been so much cooler than the past couple weeks... it's amazing!  I am so excited for fall that when it cooled down, we went and bought some stouts and porters to drink while sitting on the porch to enjoy the cooler weather :)

CS/Q:  on Kindara, do you have to put in your own O date or does it automatically add it once you have 3 higher temps like FF does?

@thegirlwhowaited_  good luck with the trigger tonight!  are you doing it IM or subcutaneous?
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess hahaha at bubonic plague! Yes, the interwebz is a terrible place to look up symptoms. Maybe one of these days I'll learn!

@mokay19 hooray for cool weather!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @mokay19 It’s subcutaneous.   It’s a prefiled syrunge of Ovidrel. 

*edited because spelling
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:  4/4

CD:  2

WAYDTGKU:  PNV, sex, opk’s

R/R:  AF came a whole week early - on CD23. How the f*ck does that happen?? I have had consistent 31 day cycles for like 4 months before this and now apparently my body decides to just stop being a machine. On the positive side, my TWW was only a week so...yay for a quicker turn around? Idk, trying to spin it positively. 

CS/Q:  I’m doing opks this cycle (should have them in a day - yay Amazon prime!). When do you start doing them? I read somewhere that you should do 1x day (morning or night?) starting at CD 7 and then bump it up to 2x at CD 10? Sound right? The second line is supposed to be as dark as the control line for a positive opk, right? I’m going to be using the Wondfos.
  • Options
    *lurking from TWW*
    @lillywonderland re: OPKs - I have long and irregular cycles. I didn't want to miss it, so I started on CD12, didn't have a positive until CD 28. I started twice per day on CD19. Your plan sounds fine for a shorter cycle.

The second line should be as dark or darker than the control. It will be obvious (but you WILL squint and stare and wait trying to convince yourself it might be positive before you see a real positive, haha.) I'd recommend late morning to early afternoon for the once a days - 11pm-2pm ish. Basically you don't want first morning urine and you want it to be at least decently concentrated. 
  • Options
    @girlwhowaited_ Good luck!! I’ll be thinking of you this week for sure!
    @emeraldduchess Sorry YH isn’t feeling great. Life is so unfair sometimes. 
    @harrierwife DH just left for a trip today, so I feel you on missing them (although I’m currently enjoying a cup of tea with HGTV, so that’s awesome!) I hope you guys can still HIO during your FW!

• Options
    @swiftlet Thank you!! I guess I’ll do the opk right before I leave for work (I can’t see myself doing it at work). So weird that FMU is not recommended.

• Options
    harrierwifeharrierwife member
    edited August 2018
    @lillywonderland - My last cycle was my first O-cycle since coming off BC and I started the OPKs on day 7. That was because I hadn't O'd in 14 years and I was super eager on the idea - ha! I was testing once per day first thing in the AM and on CD15 got the positive. I then tested in the PM and it was negative. I think I had just caught the tail-end of the LH that morning..... definite lesson learned. I'm going to start the 2-a-days at CD 13 or 14 this cycle. YMMV of course, but that's my insight. 
  • Options
    mamanbebemamanbebe member
    edited August 2018
    **lurking**

@mokay19 On Kindara it is an estimate based on the data you input. It is calculated based on historic menstruation and (I think) temps. If you are tracking cervical fluid, the last day of fertile fluid (egg white or watery) can be marked as "peak day" after the fact. I am not sure cervical fluid works in the equation but I find it helpful to be able to look back at. The fertile weak that it calculates will give you a stretch of 5 days where the app thinks you may ovulate. I find that it is off, but I do not track temps. My ovulation this month was on CD13 and they put me closer to CD16. Once you have a period again, you may choose to disregard the block of time where you were not menstruating, so that it doesn't throw off your calculations. That can be done under More >> Cycles >> Choose Cycle >> (takes you to your chart for that cycle) Click 'Exclude Cycle' at the top of the screen. 
  • Options
    @mokay19 @mamanbebe I find kindara is off as well. I just went through and excluded a bunch of wonky charts of mine and it didn’t really change my FW. I normally go back and pick the day of my temp shift after I have had 3-4 high temps during a cycle. So maybe I am off by doing that. 

I tried FF a few times and I found it to not be as user friendly entering data for me personally. But I think most prefer it for more accurate historical data prediction for future cycles. 

I am also attemping CM this cycle too for the first time. I will be curious to see if that affects my next cycles FW window of 5 days. 
  • Options
    SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited August 2018
    @lillywonderland I bit the bullet and did them at work. If I hadn't, I would have had to use FMU. (The idea behind NOT using FMU is that LH doesn't actually build up enough in the system until late morning/early afternoon, so you might miss a positive. Or so I've read, anyway.) I brought the wrapper of the OPK and the actual strip home every day in a ziplock baggie - we only have two bathrooms at work, both single occupancy, and I didn't want to risk anyone somehow seeing it in the trash. I also kept my strips and taped them to a log, but that's not really necessary. I was maybe a liiiittle bit obsessed with all of the pretty charts I saw under the reviews :D
  • Options
    @thegirlwhowaited_ that’s nice that it’s a pre-filled and pre-mixed syringe!

@mamanbebe @meatballs37 thank you for the Kindara info! I’ve only used FF so I’m used to that but someone IRL had mentioned liking Kindara more so I figured I’d try it.... now I feel like I should have just stuck with what I know haha
  • Options
    @mokay19 I like the ease of using Kindara and the charts are simple to navigate but I imagine all fertile week info is an algorithm that has a margin of error regardless of the app. I do think if you temp a few months and monitor CM you will pretty accurately narrow down your fertility window. Kindara did not have that feature until recently but I still successfully used the app to chart last time I was ttc. Good luck! 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @swiftlet You made me literally laugh out loud. I’m just imagining you being all stealthy in your work bathroom peeing on sticks and hiding the evidence.

@harrierwife Thank you for letting me know what you do! I feel like such a noob with the opks. I resisted for so long because I’m cheap. I’d rather spend $10 on a yard of fabric, lol!

*edit because bump mobile sucks