Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Friyayayayyyy 8/24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**  

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing:

R/R: 

CS/Q:
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: TWW Friyayayayyyy 8/24

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jhems776 I love wedding dancing! I haven't been to a wedding in a little over 4 yrs (my own lmao) and really wish someone would just do it so I can party!  
  • Options
    @jhems776 hopefully AF stays at bay, plus 8 dpo is pretty early, even for a FRER. 
    @prpl11butterfly I'm liking the FF cleanse idea. I'm already in SS overload on 5dpo (literally impossible lol) 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 17/5

Timing: -6,-4,-2,0

Typical LP length: 9

Testing: welp. still peeing on OPKs just in case and still neg... 

R/R: FRIDAY! Also I have a new fridge coming tomorrow... trying to understand the logistics of keeping my current food okay to eat. Going to pull out all the coolers....

CS/Q: nah
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @chichiphin I admit to SS early on too but I can talk myself down easily. Once 7 hits that's really tough. As for your fridge, is there another place in your house you can move it to temporarily and plug it in? Or are they taking it out when they bring the new?
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly they're taking away the old one. We timed it right for meat, etc. But we have a few things to keep cold. I think my coolers are my only option
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @chichiphin *most* things should be good for 4hrs in a cooler (DH is food safety certified so I know too much about this). I cant imagine it will take the new one that long to reach temp. Maybe set it colder the  you generally would to start. And if it has a "power cool" mode, use it to speed up the process.
  • Options
    @jhems776 - I love wedding dancing, too!  I used to love club dancing, but now that I'm in my upper 30's I feel WAY too old at any dance club!  (also, I can't stay up that late!)

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 30/10

Timing: meh

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: THIS TIME I MEAN IT.  Waiting until no AF (Tuesday).  I found a hidden cheapie last night and used it.  ***hangs head in shame***  (I don't even know why I decided to do it?!?!  I'm feeling pretty low confidence with this cycle anyway!)

R/R: Our church consignment sale runs for the rest of the weekend and I'll be there most of the time.  This is actually a rave - several of my friends are working, it's fun to play with the toys and look through the clothes, and I like helping people find cute stuff they may be searching out. 

CS/Q: none.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @lcking82 You can do it! I almost broke down and did the same thing last night, but turns out I'm out of stock and the drug store by my house was already closed. 

@jhems776 Have a blast, and allll the drinks. Weddings are a great reason to let off steam and have fun with your SO.

@prpl11butterfly Good luck with all the cleaning, and enjoy celebrating the return!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 24/9

Timing: -5, -3, O, +1

Typical LP: 14-15

Testing: holding on to WFAF by my fingernails, but headed to the middle of nowhere for the weekend, which should get me through the next 3 days...but sadly won't stop me from SS, which I've been doing way more (and way too soon) this cycle, which is why I'm not lurking anymore. 

R/R: Rave! Excited to be going to MH's family lake house for the weekend. No internet, so I'll miss hearing from you all, but also no ability to get emails from the office :) 

Edited because I forgot to add:
    CS/Q: only been tracking CM for 3 months, but...new CM experience for me today--white chunky stuff? Not an infection, best I can tell (no other symptoms). Anyone know how I should classify it?
  • Options
    @jhems776 our bodies are so confusing, aren't they? Hope you have a blast dancing it up and taking advantage of the open bar tonight. MH wouldn't be caught dead dancing sober but get some vodka in him and I've been able to drag him out to the dance floor at every wedding we've been to this year. I'm doing a little chair dance just thinking about it. Hope you have the best time! 
    @prpl11butterfly welcome home to YH! GL with all the house/condo stuff. Seems neverending, but it'll be so worth it in the end!
    @chichiphin I'm such a nerd but I love new appliances. Especially fridges, lol. Your perishable stuff should be just fine in the coolers. Trick is to pack it tight (put as much as possible in there) and don't open them at all. 
    @lcking82 the consignment sale sounds so cool! I wish there was something around here where we could do that. What a great idea. Hope it goes well!

Month/Cycle: 8/6

CD/DPO:  43/5

Timing: -2, O

Typical LP length: no clue (PCOS irregular an-o cycles to date)

Testing: WFAF (I'd want to test tomorrow since we're going to a fundraising gala but at only 6dpo I'll just go with it. I'm pro 'drink til its pink' anyway, and I'd be having at most maybe 2 glasses of wine). 

R/R: I feel old today. My headache is still lingering. My hip is tight and SO sore, I can barely walk when I first get up from my desk chair. The dog practically pushed me out of bed last night so I was sleeping on the edge and I'm paying for it this morning. 
    Rave: Happy FRIYAY y'all! 

CS/Q: My heart drops with each temp drop. I've been doing chart comparisons and it's feeding the bsc. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 23/7 

Timing: okay

Typical LP length: 17

Testing: If AF is late

R/R: I haven’t been posting much since I started my new job (with a super crappy commute). I hate mobile bumping. It is the worst. Hopefully I’ll start taking the train next week so I’ll have more “free” time to post.

@jhems776 Have so much fun at the wedding!!
    @prpl11butterfly Enjoy the reunion with YH. It is fun to have the house alone for a few days, but even better when they come home!!
    @chichiphin New fridge! How exciting! Is it one of those fancy ones that have the camera on the inside? I tried to convince my MIL to get that one when she was looking at ones last year. I failed, lol. 
    @lcking82 Keep your chin up, we all do those things! ;) Enjoy all the shopping at the consignment sale!
    @spacepiraterunner Have a great Internet-free weekend! Those are fun to take once in a while!
    @kiki047 I feel your pain. Getting old ain’t no joke. Take it easy today and relax! It’s pretty much the weekend!!

*edit because words

• Options
    @jhems776 Ugh sorry you are spotting. I hope you have fun at the wedding!!
    @prpl11butterfly I’m really tempted to stop temping now too, but I don’t even know if I’ve actually O’d and would hate to miss FW just because I thought it already happened. I hope deleting FF helps you relax a little!
    @chichiphin Yay for new appliances!!
    @lcking82 Sending you strong WFAF vibes!
    @spacepiraterunner Have fun at the lake and I hope it helps you relax from SS!
    @kiki047 Have fun at the gala!

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 21/4

Timing: -5,-3,-2,-1,O

Typical LP length: 11-12 days

Testing: Trying to WFAF, so next Friday/Saturday

R/R: FRIDAY! I really need this weekend to finish getting ready for school next week. 

CS/Q: Huge temp drop below cover today... on 4DPO. So no idea if that means I never actually ovulated, or if there’s an issue getting consistent temps from Ava or what. I’m really kicking myself for not doing a regular BBT this month on top of Ava, but now it seems too late to start.
  • Options
    @jhems776 Ooh I also love weddings and fun wedding dancing! Have so much fun :) For what it's worth, I think 8dpo is a bit early to test regardless, but I know a lot of people go with "drink til it's pink" so do your thing and have a great time!

@prpl11butterfly Sheesh, you are SO busy, no wonder you couldn't keep up with housework stuff. Yay for YH coming home!

@chichiphin I reeeeally want a new fridge. I don't -need- one, but I -want- one. It seems too small even for just me and hubs. Good luck with the awkward transition phase.

@lcking82 That sounds like a good time :) Hope you'll have good weather for it?

@spacepiraterunner Your vacation sounds divine, even if no internet. Hope all the fun stuff keeps your mind off SS but I know how hard it is to avoid! As for the CM...*probably TMI* mine can sometimes get very tiny "chunks" in it, too. I tend to label it as "sticky" and not "creamy", personally.

@kiki047 Sorry you feel sore and old :( I love my electric heating pad (not to be confused with my giant electric blanket, of course) for those sorts of things.

@lillywonderland Ugh, sorry for the crappy commute. I work out of two different offices and one is MUCH closer with a TON less traffic and it's soo nice when I commute to that one versus the other, haha. And I agree, I hate use TB on my phone.

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 31/2? (Based off first +OPK, my apps put O day as Wednesday. However, I don't temp and don't know for sure but I'm going with it as at least pretty close.)

Timing: -5, -4, -3, -1, O (Had been hoping to get one last HIO in last night but it just wasn't happening. Oh well.)

Typical LP length: not certain, assuming 14d.

Testing: I can admit that I won't be able to just WFAF. We have our staycation starting the first week of September so if I can hold off until Labor Day (12dpo), I'd be very proud of myself.

R/R: I'm so glad I started OPKs this cycle. I feel like it's given me some modicum of insight into my long and irregular cycles.

Rant is that it was a loooong short day at work. Sigh.

CS/Q: When do you personally notice your CM changing "back" after ovulation has occurred?
  • Options
    @Swiftlet generally mine gets watery the day after O and around 2dpo goes lotion-y
  • Options
    @Swiftlet oh man, my electric heating pad is my saviour. And Voltaren or Biofreeze. It’s been getting cooler here at night so I bumped the thermostat up a few degrees to conserve energy but last night and today were warm and it’s an oven upstairs, so that backfired. lol. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @kiki047 Haha, oops! We're lucky - we live in the woods and the trees give us a lot of shade and the AC doesn't have to run all the time to keep the house cooler. The house has a lot of windows though and it gets cold in the winter...hubs keeps it so freaking cold and it drives me nuts! I basically live under my electric blanket during the coldest months.
  • Options
    @dogmomma271 is this your first cycle using Ava? I’m so intrigued about them because 1) I love data and 2) I like the idea of not waking up and temping
    How do you like it?
  • Options
    @mokay19 I have mixed feelings at the moment - I had temps below cover on 4 and 5 dpo, so not sure if it can be trusted or if I just didn’t ovulate yet. It’s cool to see other factors too, like my breathing rate has been elevated the last 5 days which is also supposed to happen during LP. Plus it is really nice that it doesn’t matter when you go to bed or wake up as long as you get at least 4 hours of sleep! If you do end up buying it, I would recommend not making the same mistake I did and continue using a bbt during the first cycle just to keep tabs on things.