lulu1180lulu1180 member
edited August 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Share a dating horror story (or two).

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: GTKY Thursday 8/23

• Options
    In high school, I went on a date with an extremely nice guy who was the world's WORST driver. 

1.  He drove 10-15 mph under the 55mph speed limit on a main 2-lane highway, and would freak out when anyone would try to pass
    2.  He stopped at the end of the onramp to merge on the interstate and almost got rear-ended
    3.  He wouldn't turn left at a green light unless there was an arrow, even with clear traffic (so many angry car horns!!). 

By the time we made it to the place we were going, I was so stressed and over it, that it wouldn't have mattered what happened, there would be no second date.  What's even funnier to me is that NOW he's a COP!!!  I can only hope his driving has improved!!
  • Options
    @lcking82 aww, I feel for him... Yes, driving under the speed limit is probably not wise on a highway. But I've had to stop to merge before because I don't want to just barrel into people; conversely, I've been traveling 65-70mph on the highway and had to slam my brakes on because someone merging refused to yield. And yes, I'm sure he could have made a left hand turn but if he didn't feel comfortable doing so, I think that's okay! Usually you hear about teen drivers being maniacs or going too fast or being reckless. This may be more of an UO, but I think he was being a good driver and not a bad one!

Then again, I too drive like a grandma, so... there you go!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @riff323 :  I also tend to drive at or under the speed limit, but these things were DANGEROUS!  He stopped on purpose at the end of the on-ramp, like there was a stop sign!  Didn't even attempt to merge.  Poor dude.  It was a lesson in how being overcautious is just as dangerous and being too aggressive!  Maybe I'm being too hard on him!  :):)

• Options
    @lcking82 I bet he liked you so much and considered you precious cargo and was trying to protect you! You are right though: a dead stop for no reason is a liiiiiiiittle over-cautious.
  • Options
    I grew up in a really small town... my first boyfriend tried to take my cousin and I both to prom. Yea that didnt work. 
  • Options
    This is amazing! 

Ok so this man was so nice but I just wasn’t ready. We went on a date and he offered me his arm. I said no because I wasn’t comfortable enough yet. He kept pressuring me and commenting about how I should so I gave in and barely touched his arm and was very uncomfortable the whole time. 

I also had one guy text me before our date and ask what I was wearing because he wanted to be sure I wasn’t too dressed up. 

I thought I had more horror stories and worse horror stories but I guess I’ve been pretty lucky! 
  • Options
    I went on a tinder date where he suggested coming to his house for a movie. I dropped a pin on gps to my location and sent it to my best friend and set up for her to call me in an hour to ensure I was alive haha. 
    So I knock on the door and he opens it and he is 100% different then he looked in his profile picture. 
    I'm not SUPER shallow so I thought oh well let's just see how this goes. 
    we go into the living room where he sits me down on a filthy couch, like chip crumbs and something sticky was on it. 
    We start the movie, 15 mins thru he pauses it and asks it I wanted to 'go upstairs to get more comfortable'  
    I decline the offer and text my friend 'SOS' she calls me screaming and crying her guts out, I put her on speaker phone and he believed me and I left. But not before tripping over a 
    ***TW - BREAST PUMP! When I got up, he apologized and explained it was his wife's and good that I was leaving when I was because his wife should be back soon with his twin 3 month old kids END TW*** (i cant use a spoiler on mobile) 
    It was HORRIFIC
  • Options
    OMG @kels0091, I think that wins worst date ever!  
    I think my worst dating horror story was a guy I had met online who seemed pretty nice and when we met in person, it was at a mall to just walk around and chat.  At one point, we sat on a bench and he kept scooting closer to me and trying to invade my personal space.  So I invite him to my house for dinner a few days later and in between the two, there were just red flags he threw up left and right so we ate dinner nearly in silence on the tray tables in my living room and shortly after, he left and I told him that it wasn't going to work out and I was still hung up on someone else.  He proceeded to ask me if we could still have sex (I would have been his second) and I told him he couldn't handle me; to which he responded "I think that's why I want to."  Ugh, he continued to text me all that night about how I made a mistake and how he would've loved me better than I've ever been loved, etc.  So glad I dodged that bullet!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @lulu1180 wtf?! That guy sounds super creepy. This is why I gave up on online dating as well. Some of the messages you get alone are so weird! 

One of my online dates seemed like a nice enough guy. When I met him at dinner for the first time, he was late. Like an hour late while I sat at the bar. When he arrived he was kind of disheveled. I could have gotten over those two things, but I soon realized his mannerisms and voice annoyed the crap out of me. He talked a lot with his hands and his laugh was obnoxious. I told him I was tired after dinner and just wanted to go home. I gave him a side hug when we got to me car. He then spun and dipped me to kiss me! He put his tongue right in my mouth. I was mortified. He did not get second date and I told him the exact same thing as you did, it’s not going to work out. I liked someone else. His response was less than gracious and I had to block his number. 
  • Options

@kels0091 ^^ me at your story.
  • Options
    @kels0091 I have no words...that's a whole new level of creep right there.  

@lulu1180 and @meatballs37 my skin is crawling over those invasions of personal space you ladies experienced.  The dip and kiss???  WTH made him think that was appropriate?!

I don't have any horror stories of my own, but a friend of mine likes to send screenshots of some of the messages she receives from guys on online dating sites.  Some of them are vomit-inducing.  
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess I believe it! Some of the messages I got while online dating were as simple as “Hi, I’d do ya.” Um, hard pass. Pun intended! 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess @marebear15 @lulu1180
    Yea he was such a tool and to top it off I saw him at walmart like a month later with his family and he had the audacity to wave at me!!!