Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 8/23

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: WTO Thursday 8/23

• marebear15marebear15 member
    edited August 2018
    @lulu1180 - How exciting! Is the building you're moving to nicer? Are you anticipating your own office?

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, BBT, CM, OPKs, N&C

R/R: It was 72 this morning with a breeze and I could just feel the beginnings of fall! High of 90, so I'm sure it's going to feel like summer on my lunch break. Also I kept thinking yesterday was Thursday which makes today Friday, right? Ugh.

CS/Q: FF is predicting O on CD19, so hopefully I'll get a + soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: CM/CP/BBT/OPKs/Supplements, N&C

R/R: Rant: It's too bloody hot, I have 1,000,000 things to do, and MH is still away.
    Rave: He got me a piece of jewelry, though, and comes home tonight! 

CS/Q: My trial VIP membership of FF just expired - is it worth paying for VIP? I think I'm decent enough (?) at reading charts at this point, but its so nice to see all the extra stats and such. 

@marebear15 - Yes, it is Friday Eve, girl. Get some!
    @lulu1180 - how long have your LPs normally been?
  • @harrierwife I paid for two months then just let it expire. I didn't find any of the insights that helpful now that I've been charting several months. Yay for hubby home tonight! 

@lulu1180 Yay for a new building! I totally get the excitement. New space = new, fresh perspective & ideas, right? haha

@marebear15 Fingers crossed! Are you testing 2x a day or just once? 

Month/Cycle: 8/12

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Benched for now

R/R: Does anyone else have these REALLY AWFUL videos playing in their TB feed of SUPER pregnant women showing off their bellies and doing exercises in their spandex leggings and sport bras? Like, WTF TheBump?

On another note, I have a second interview today for a position that I'm really excited to learn more about. It's for a large non-profit and the cause means more to me personally that what I'm currently doing. A job change would be a BIG step for me right now, but it could be exactly what I needed. 

CS/Q: Nah
  • @lulu1180 Boo. AF. And what a long LP at 16 days.
    Do you get a new office/desk during the move at work? I’d be excited to move if that were the case. Like getting to set everything up all neat a nice.

@marebear15 FC for O soon! 
    I had the exact same feeling this morning. I opened our screen door and let the morning breeze in at 6am while I made breakfast. It was so nice to hear the birds chirp. Although our high here is only supposed to be 78. Thank goodness. Pretty soon I will be complaining about how cold winter is lol. 

@harrierwife oooooh jewelry! What a keeper! You should show it off here when he gets home.

@nomangos23
    Yes! I see the same things! The one with the mom holding the ultrasound in front of her belly makes me so annoyed. Seeing an ultrasound of a healthy baby that isn’t mine is the last thing I want to see. Come on TB, get it together. Also, good luck with the interview!

Month/Cycle: 10 (6 benched)

CD: 8

WAYDTKU: PNV, CoQ10, DHA, drinking more water, PS, BBT, OPKs

R/R: I am still spotting a little. AF really doesn’t want to let go this cycle. 

CS/Q: nada. My chart is pretty boring right now 

• @nomangos23 good luck with the interview! 

@lulu1180 nothing wrong with being excited about a change of scenery at work!  

@harrierwife glad your H will be home tonight and yay for jewelry. :)

@marebear15 I am almost always a day or two ahead in my brain.  I just keep saying Thursday is the new Friday! 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: Prenatal vitamins, red raspberry leaf tea, HIO, Fertility Friend, OPKs, trying to eat cleaner and cut back on alcohol

R/R: My dog is holding a grudge because we gave her a bath yesterday.  She can be such a moody brat sometimes!  At least she's clean and smells good now.  

CS/Q: Nope. 
  • @thegirlwhowaited_ sounds like you got good news today.  FX for you for next week!

@meatballs37 same thing happened to me with AF last week.  Definitely overstayed its welcome.  
  • @harrierwife - I never renewed my VIP membership because the Pregnancy Monitor score made me crazy during TWW.

@nomangos23 - I'm testing once a day, but have always been able to turn a test. Last cycle I got two positives, so I think my LH surge is long enough for me to catch it. But of course you're consistent until you're not. 
    Ugh yes, to the bump videos! Like why???

@thegirlwhowaited_ - FX for a good trigger shot.
  • @marebear15 I wish!!  I’m still a peon at my company so no office for probably a very long time.  I hope the cooler weather continues for you!  I know it’s been nice not sweating profusely on my morning break the last couple days here!

@harrierwife In the past they’ve varied between 14-16 days but they’ve been pretty consistently 15 days for about a year or more.  That extra day is just a huge PITA!  If you’re comfortable with it, would you mind sharing a picture of the new sparkly piece?  As for the FF VIP, the pregnancy monitor definitely feeds my BSC and because of that I didn’t renew it when it expired at the beginning of this year.

@nomangos23 Oh, the new building is awesome!  Every cubicle has a standing desk, whiteboard, and tiny locker for coats/personal belongings.  I’ve been excited to move but unfortunately they started at the top floor and were working their way down…my department is going on the ground floor so I thought we were going to be last.  But it looks like our accounting department has to delay until after month-end so our move date got pushed up!  Also, yes to those damn videos!  I want to punch my computer screen every time I scroll past one!  WTF BGs!  Can’t it be changed or removed on this board!  Andplusalso good luck on the interview!!!

@thegirlwhowaited_ Ha!  I wish that was a thought in my head, I’m not enough of a SS for something like that lol.  I’m so happy to hear that your u/s went well and you had a nice little breakfast stop with YH!

@meatballs37 Oh, everything is new!  New chair, new desk, new drawers, a tiny little locker for personal belongings!  And it’s much more open and also has a lot of windows which means a lot of natural light!  I’m so super excited, I can’t stand it lol.  I hope AF gets TF out soon!

@emeraldduchess I love the smell of clean dog! (is that weird…?)

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • @lulu1180 ohhhhhhh! New stuff to organize! I’d much rather clean and organize a new space than an old space! 
  • @lulu1180 that sounds lovely! Let us know how you like a standing desk! I've been pondering it for a while now but not sure I'll actually ever use it.

@emeraldduchess lol there's nothing better than a pouting pooch. If my lab even heard me say the word bath she would run and hide. 

@meatballs37 Ugh AF is can be such a B. When I have wonky things going on I try to remember my body is just doing what it needs to take care of herself. 

@thegirlwhowaited_ YES! You will need LOTS of pantyliners. For sure stock up. For me there weren't any side effects other than it being a little messy. Good luck!! Fingers crossed for you!
  • SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited August 2018
    @lulu1180 how exciting! The new space sounds great. I may love whote boards a little too much, haha. Time for new/more office supplies? I looooove office supplies!

@marebear15 FX for positive soon. And we’re having a gorgeous day here today too- I can’t wait for boots and sweaters!

@harrierwife glad YH gets home tonight! Very thoughtful of him to
    get you a sparkly gift:)

@nomangos23 good luck with the interview!! And yes, I’ve been getting those type of ads for a while now....hrmph.

@thegirlwhowaited_ yay!!! Keep us posted! And bagels are one of my top three favorite foods I think. We have a great local place nearby that we go to almost every Sunday morning.

@emeraldduchess we bathed our guy on Sunday after a muddy hike. He’s a good boy but just stands there looking like a dang SPCA commercial!  :D

Month/cycle: 4/3
    CD: 30
    WAYDTGKU: PNVs, sex, started OPKs this cycle, loosely monitoring CM and CP
    R/R: managed to HIO last night, whew! Rant is that I work a double shift today and have nothing for dinner at home....

CS/Q: so fun thing: I looked at a saliva sample under our microscope at work today and definitely noticed “Ferning” (which is supposed to mean ovulation within 24-72hrs and is supposed to be negative after ovulation.) Does anyone have any familiarity with this? I just checked for fun since we’ve got a scope at work but now it’s making me think I haven’t actually ovulated yet. (OPK was strong positive yesterday AM again then negative last night.) I just don’t know that we’ll be able to HIO tonight and tomorrow night- we’ve done every day except Monday starting last Friday. Edit to add: i found a textbook blurb that suggests that Ferning isn’t really well studied or considered overly reliable. So the BSC may be starting early...

Thoughts appreciated :)
  • hahaha @klmcguire I feel like that's me every time I go into Target!

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • lurking***
    @Swiftlet I would send a message to @BusinessWife she is well versed in this topic. also if you do a search she gave a very detailed description on ferning and CM probably 18 months ago in one of the TTGP threads... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @Swiftlet Sorry I missed responding to your post!  Unfortunately, I don't think new office supplies will be part of the deal :(.  For the record pizza and chinese are never a bad idea for dinner in my house lol 

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • lulu1180 said:
    hahaha @klmcguire I feel like that's me every time I go into Target!
    I was planning on going to Target while on that side of town and decided it might be a good idea to go on home. 
  • @lulu1180 sorry for the long LP!

@marebear15 FX for O soon and then a good length LP for you!

@thegirlwhowaited_ hope everything goes according to plan with trigger scheduling

@harrierwife yay for YH coming home today!

@nomangos23 YES! I get the same videos, too.

@meatballs37 sorry about the spotting, still! My period off the pill is 6-8 days. I used to take comfort that they were every 33 days so one less cycle a year than if 28 days at least (long LP ) but while TTC it's no consolation at all.

@emeraldduchess how do you drink your RRL tea? I don't like it without honey and lemon juice (ginger if I'm feeling ambitious or when I was actually sick the past two weeks).

@Swiftlet if you can consistently check, that'd be really interesting. As a one-off, I'm not sure but couldn't hurt to BD tonight.

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD: 35

WAYDTGKU: BBT, PNVs, CoQ10, CM, getting used to CP

R/R: I leave super early Saturday AM for a work trip and am just hoping that O doesn't come right at the end. I'm thinking I'll still temp while there but will be getting up about 45-60mins earlier than usual, drinking and staying up late for work dinners, plus the hotel room temp and blankets will be different *sigh* BUT I'm super excited for the good food and wine plus seeing my mostly remote team all in one place. One of my friends challenged me to say "yes" when I want to say "no" 3 times while I'm there (of my choosing). That's probably a good attitude so that I'm not a fuddy duddy even though I'm in my late 20s and most of the rest of the team is late 30s-mid-50s.

CS/Q: Super random temp drop, today. Chart if you're interested: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/684beb
    *TW* child mentioned

First cycle postpartum and still BFing 2-3x a day so expecting a 60-70 day cycle, with or without ovulation

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• *lurking*
    @lulu1180 Boo to the spotting, but YAY your dept is finally moving! Feels like you've been talking about that forever. At least there's that to look forward to. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @wabash15 thanks so much! I will search around:)
  • Month/Cycle:  4/3

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, BBT, Supplements

R/R:  I am sad I can't get on here during the day!  I feel like it's harder to keep track of everyone since I can't read the thread until later at night!  So super frustrated.  I finally started getting fertile CM yesterday and today so pretty sure I actually am about to ovulate now.  When DH isn't home.  But I talked him into doing the treatment cycle now since I know he doesn't have big travel planned in Sept.  So I started my provera today and then hopefully my period should start/be in process when he gets back next week and I will start my meds then.  Doing Femara plus Follistim and trigger shot.

CS/Q:  I haven't been good about temps lately because I'm mad lol.
  • @lulu1180 Sorry about CD 1 :frowning:

@marebear15 I am so ready for fall!  I'm over these 100 degree days.

@nomangos23 I hope your interview went well!

@thegirlwhowaited_ I would definitely get some panty liners.  That stuff can be kinda messy.  Yay that everything is looking good with the u/s!

• Sorry for the "post and run" this morning.  H and I went to go visit his parents for the day. :)

@lulu1180 it's totally not weird to love the "clean dog" smell!  I love it too, I kept sniffing my mutt's head last night.  

@nomangos23 good to know my lab mix isn't the only lab that hates bath time. Is it just baths or does she hate water in general?  Mine is petrified of water, she won't even walk on the grass after it rains, and she will walk around a puddle rather than walk through it.  

@Swiftlet that is exactly what my dog does, too!  We might as well play Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" while we bathe her.  The whole time she cries and makes the sad puppy eyes.
    I've read about ferning but never had an opportunity to check it out myself.  That's cool that you were able to observe it, though!

@kvh22 I put a little bit of honey in my RRL tea.  I like my tea a little sweet, but trying to cut back on that.   

@klmcguire that sounds like me at the craft store.  I don't NEED more yarn, but I'll buy it to put away just in case I want to make something with it some day. *facepalm*