April 2019 Moms
Options

Constant cramping

So found out im pregnant about a week ago. I have been having a cramping feeling in my stomach it isnt really bad unless on feet long periods of time or doing something. I got told its normal but does anyone else get cramping in early pregnancy and how long did it last you? Its been over a week for me with the pain.

Re: Constant cramping

• Options
    You should check out our weekly symptoms thread!

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    Try drinking more water. Cramping is almost always worse if you are under hydrated. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was cramping consistently until about 5 1/2 weeks
  • Options
    jennb85jennb85 member
    edited September 2018
    The way I discovered I was pregnant was because I had strong cramping.  That was my first sign.  It started right around the time my period would have started, except there was no bleeding.  After a couple days, I suspected I might actually be pregnant instead (had the same experience with my first pregnancy back in May, although that one ended in a miscarriage at 6 weeks).  Sure enough, I was pregnant!  The cramping has continued since then, although not as strongly.  With my first pregnancy, I went in to get an ultrasound to make sure nothing serious was going on.  The cramping ended after about 1.5 weeks, but then so did my other pregnancy symptoms.  I didn't realize at the time that it was because I was about to have a miscarriage, but looking back it makes sense.  This time around, I have cramping 2-3 times a day again, usually at the same times every day (middle of the night, mid-morning, and evening).  It started out pretty strong - like the kind where I lie in pain and can't get off the couch or out of bed for 5 minutes while I wait for the worst of the wave to pass by.  But usually they are more mild and feel like twinges.  My other pregnancy symptoms this time around have been really strong, unlike last time.  I've got sore boobs and nausea going on too, so even though it's all uncomfortable, at least I know that things are still progressing along this time.  I was told that it's normal, and that I shouldn't be concerned unless the pain is focused on one side (ectopic pregnancy), and that it may go on for the 1st semester or longer.  Currently I'm 6 weeks 4 days along, and I've been cramping for about 3 weeks and counting.  So that's my not-so-happy experience with cramping!  I didn't even know before getting pregnant that this was a thing.  Of course you should always call your doctor though if you're concerned or want to get checked out.
  • Options
    I had major cramping during my first pregnancy. I was *sure* I was about to have a miscarriage. I had cramping almost constantly throughout the entire first trimester and then reduced cramping until about 16 weeks. My OB had me on magnesium. It was totally nerve wracking but everything was just fine :)
    This pregnancy started out the same way, but I'm now almost 7 weeks and it's already greatly reduced. FX it goes away soon for you!
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019