Any appointments?

Questions? 

How are you feeling?

What's your favorite junk food?

Re: Week 3 Check-In 8/20/18

• Options
    Thanks for starting this @mrstmoose

Due date:
     TBD - Somewhere between 4/16 and 4/21 I think.

Any appointments?  Not for another 2 weeks.

Questions?  None today! 

How are you feeling?  Generally not great.  Super tired and weak with intermittent nausea.

What's your favorite junk food?  I tend to reach for grease first when I'm looking for junk - mozzarella sticks are probably my favorite.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Due date: 4/20/18 - most likely I will be having a RCS so I assume it'll be earlier in the week. But, that's a ways away.

Any appointments? 8/30/18

Questions? Nope

How are you feeling? Like crap. I'm nauseous but I need to eat. Subs are the only thing that sound remotely good at lunch. My asthma is acting up and DD potentially has HFM. This week already blows.

What's your favorite junk food? I'm not a huge junk food eater but I do love eating a bowl of cereal almost every night. So, there's some empty calories there!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: 4/19

Any appointments? Not until September 

Questions? Not yet.

How are you feeling? Tired and nauseous

What's your favorite junk food? Ranch Doritos, fried pickles, and crab rangoons.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options
    Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? 9/4 

Questions? None at the moment

How are you feeling? Awful, the exhaustion has seemed to taper off but now I'm nauseous 24/7 #miserable.

What's your favorite junk food? Can't pick one because I 'm a junk food junkie! lol. If I had to pick a few I'd say cake, nachos, pizza. 
  • Options

Any appointments? 9/10. Holy cow it seems forever away.

Questions? Is it too early for my joints to feel all loose? Whenever I've taken a walk the past few days my hips feel all loose and I feel like I look absurd while walking.

How are you feeling? Exhausted.  Stayed up till 3am for my cousins wedding on Saturday and I've been wrecked ever since.  Thankfully the ginger drops I ordered off Amazon are amazing for my slight nausea so far. 

What's your favorite junk food? This is really hard. Unnn...probably chips and queso or chips and French onion dip. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @MRDCle I wouldn't be surprised! esp if you've got other kiddos... one of my 1st symptoms for this pregnancy was round ligament pain. I'm only 10 months PP from last pregnancy right now so it could be that but I also think being pregnant for the 7th time -hopefully bringing home baby #4--and being older might also be a factor. but the point I'm trying to make is our bodies are smart and also really loose lol  ;)

due date: 4/15
    appts: still not yet. holding off on contacting my midwife for another week or so.
    questions: nope
    how I'm feeling: physically I feel like my symptoms have decreased which is always a bad sign for me. emotionally it's been rough. I'm 6 weeks today and all of my previous losses happened around this week so I'm just not in the best place to be honest.
    fave junk food: @leenicole121144 seriously how do we pick one? lol! I'm gonna say chips & salsa bc that is what I want to eat right now  :#
  • Options
    @mrstmoose sorry to hear about your daughter!! hopefully that is NOT the case  <3
  • Options
    Due date: Around 4/20

Any appointments? First u/s on Friday

Questions? 

How are you feeling? Not terrible, yet pretty awful at times. I am exhausted from not sleeping well. Yet, I’m not overly nauseated or anything. 

What's your favorite junk food? All I can think about the last few weeks is fresh fruits & vegetables- I have been ALL about the salads lately!  Non-pregnant, Heath bars, long&flat Laffy Taffy bars, Trader Joe’s dark chocolate PB cups, cake with buttercream frosting, pizza with butter garlic sauce. Oh- I had THE BEST fried cheese curds at the state fair this weekend. I’m still dreaming of them. 
  • Options
    Due date: 
    April 19th

Any appointments?
    Not until September 3rd

Questions? 
    No at the moment. 

How are you feeling?
    Some heartburn and nausea at night and my boobs feel like they're made out of led. 
    I've started worrying about whether I'm still feeling as strong symptoms and did another pregnancy test today just to reassure myself I'm still pregnant. Trying to think happy thoughts and hope that the baby is still growing strong but probably won't feel sure until I've done the first ultrasound.

I just had some amazing pizza for dinner and am a sucker for sour candy and cinnamon buns. 
  • Options
    @mrdcle Oh, good call on the French onion dip!  Hopefully you catch up on your sleep!

@leenicole121144 Fellow junk food junkie!  

@mrstmoose Oh no- is your DD in daycare/school?  HFM is no fun. I remember having it as a child. 
  • Options
    @MRDCle my first appointment is 9/10 also. It really feels like a year away  :s
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    It's a girl!
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    It's a girl!
  • Options
    @2babes3angels I feel with you, my previous loss happened around this time too, and we didn't discover it until weeks later, so overanalyzing all the symptoms and would rather feel sick all day than feel like they are disappearing. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? I am supposed to have a new patient appointment this Friday, and the pregnancy confirmation on 9/7. I emailed my doctor asking if I could just do both the new patient and confirmation in one visit either this Friday or on 9/7 because I'm not about to pay for two visits. I feel like that's unnecessary. So I may be calling around for a different OB if I don't hear back soon.

Questions? How are some of you getting your ultrasounds so early? Everywhere I've called won't do one until 8 weeks.

How are you feeling? Like a perpetually exhausted, angry, salad craving demon that can't focus.

What's your favorite junk food? It's a tie between Ben & Jerry's and chocolate covered almonds.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    Due date: 4/20

Any appointments? Yes - ultrasound next wednesday 8/29. why does that seem so far away?

Questions? I mean, 4 million, but nothing jumping out at me!

How are you feeling? Nausea is real the past two days. Saltines are the only thing that seems to help. I'll have to check out the ginger pops from amazon!

What's your favorite junk food? Depends on the day; I could go for rolos or potato chips and top the tater, it all just depends!

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Options
    @madasm0530 these are the ones I got.. I had tried the preggie pops drops but they're giant and I felt like they were slicing the roof of my mouth open. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @jrm_14 - yep, she goes to daycare. DH stayed home with her today and I guess she just woke up from a nap and he said he thinks her throat hurts. 
  • Options
    @MRDCle yes!! I have felt the same way the last few days I went out to run, my hips feel tight and achy and honestly it made exercise very difficult. Interesting to hear I’m not the only one! And umm now I need some French onion dip!

Due date:
    4/21

Any appointments? Not until 9/5

Questions? Hmm, none at the moment

How are you feeling? Not bad but not good either. Nausea is coming in waves and still mild, but verrry tired and dreaming of jumping into my bed as soon as I get home from work! Also, my lower back and tailbone is killing me though I’m not sure if this is pregnancy related?

What's your favorite junk food? my fav evening snack is a spoonful...okay 10...of peanut butter with a couple of chocolate chips sprinkled on top. I seriously NEED to cut this out but it’s just so delicious!
  • Options
    jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited August 2018
    @sheknows6 Most the early u/s are due to infertility treatments or previous losses. IF treatment has a higher risk of ectopic. P.s. I’m right there with you I’m craving salads!
  • Options
    fuzzywombatfuzzywombat member
    edited August 2018
    @lulu8714 I love a peanut butter spoon.

Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? Not until 8/30

Questions? 

How are you feeling? Tired, grumpy, hungry. Lack of nausea continues to make me nervous

What's your favorite junk food? Ice cream 
    Going on a chocolate factory tour and to a baseball game today, so lots of healthy eating happening here today
  • Options
    Due date: 04/18

Any appointments? Still just 09/19 for our first ultrasound and prenatal appointment with my old practice.  I've now scheduled tours of the two local hospitals I'm considering for this and next Wednesday.  I feel very silly to tour hospitals so early on, but the doctor I choose will be based on the hospital I want to deliver in, so...

Questions? Is anyone else having this much trouble locking down a hospital/doctor?  I'm driving myself insane.

How are you feeling?  Mostly good.  I've had more cramping than I did with my daughter - she's only 6 months old, so I imagine the cramping is my uterus being like "Really?  AGAIN?!"  Some nothing-to-complain-about pockets of nausea, crazy dreams, sweatiness, moodiness, trouble sleeping.  My sciatica also might be starting up already!  I had it pretty bad from about 6-12 weeks during my last pregnancy (apparently that timing is fairly normal when you have a retroverted uterus, which I do).  I'm feeling it already on my left side, which makes sense because I recently had surgery on my left knee.  So that's fun.

What's your favorite junk food? I love all junk food!  The number one thing I could eat and never stop - those chocolate oranges they sell around Christmas.  So. damn. good.
  • Options
    Due date: 4/18

Any appointments?
    sept 7 - thank you to the ladies last week who confirmed I should bring my husband to the first appointment. I called the office and confirmed that I’ll have an ultrasound and the receptionist emphatically replied “yes!” When I asked if husbands come to the first one

Questions? Not right now? 

How are you feeling? I am feeling ok which is making me a little nervous.

is cheese a junk food? I love appetizers 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? Ultrasound this Friday 8/24

Questions? Nah

How are you feeling? Always tired, hungry and RLP

What's your favorite junk food? Jalapeño Cheetos or salt and vinegar chips
  • Options
    kaleesi93kaleesi93 member
    edited August 2018
    @ashtuesday me too having trouble choosing a provider :/ not fun, its difficult because we're moving but we aren't sure when and I am quite literally trying to find midwives in two opposite areas of the state depending on where we buy a house. I just want to be efficient but it's really stressing me out not knowing who the heck I should hire.

Due date: April 15th

Any appointments? ^lol 

Questions? The big one is probably just is it such a big deal to add two weeks to the pregnancy when I already know when I ovulated. I feel it's pointless but people get so panicky about it for some reason. 

How are you feeling? Tired and little lightheaded sometimes. A little more emotional about things but life is upside down atm so it's normal. Nausea. But super excited because I made the 6 week mark and it's a milestone.. so surreal I actually get to experience things still. 

When I'm not pregnant or trying to be healthy.. doughnuts.. bakery, homemade, grocery store, doesn't matter  :p
    Also smoothies are a lot of sugar.. but they're my life soo. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/18/19

Any appointments? Found out at annual pap (8/13) and ultra sound not until 9/13. Going nuts with the wait. 

Questions? A lot but most related to trying to deal with my anxiety about mc, which I have probably already googled too much. 

How are you feeling? I feel tired, infrequent headaches, some mild queasiness (but no morning sickness) and light cramping. Oh and bloating. omg the bloating! 

What's your favorite junk food? I am vegan but I have a savory/salty tooth- pickles (saw someone mention fried pickles above- yes!!!), olives, etc but nothing new for pregnancy. 
  • Options
    This is for those due between 4/15-4/21

Any appointments? This Thursday 8/23 is our meet and greet with the home birth midwife I think we're going to go with. I have a lot of anxiety around medical things and providers, fingers crossed it goes well and I can trust her and don't have a panic attack :-/

Questions? What natural things have worked the best for you guys for nausea with past pregnancies?

How are you feeling? Pretty bad today :-( The reduced pregnancy immunity lead to lymphadenopathy beneath my jaw that started hurting so bad in the night it woke me up, and then I couldn't eat breakfast. I had to go to urgent care this morning, and of course that's when I got seriously nauseous from morning sickness and publicly hurled (I did have the for thought to ask for an emesis bag! Why was there not a bathroom I could use?!). Other than that typical fatigue (going to bed by 9 at the latest, sometimes 7:30!), Boob tenderness is starting it's just been my nips before, and some cramping when I get tired/stressed.

What's your favorite junk food? Hmmm, I like so many! My pregnancy junk food has been Reese's ice cream and spicy garlic pickles (not together ;-) )
  • Options
    kaleesi93 said:

Questions? The big one is probably just is it such a big deal to add two weeks to the pregnancy when I already know when I ovulated. I feel it's pointless but people get so panicky about it for some reason. 

Counting from last period can be a bit confusing. With your period, your body is gearing up for ovulation & pregnancy- thus the pregnancy starts at LMP rather than ovulation. 2 weeks can make a difference. For example, 36 weeks is preterm, but 38 is considered full term delivery. They’ll likely adjust your EDD anyways, as implantation can happen up to 9ish days post-o, so that throws a bit of a loop, too. So many things to remember during pregnancy :)
  • Options
    stbmo2vstbmo2v member
    edited August 2018
    A little late to the party

Due date: 4/17

Any appointments? 9/5

Questions? Not at the moment

How are you feeling? Pretty tired and slight cramping 

What's your favorite junk food? I’m slightly obsessed with french fries 
  • Options
    @molecularmolly when I was pregnant with DD, the only thing that really helped my nausea was drinking ginger ale and eating ginger snaps because ginger helps alleviate it. Maybe look for something you can eat/drink with ginger in it.

There are also bracelets that help with nausea. I heard great things about them so I tried one with DD but unfortunately it didnt help. Its worth a shot though. 
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    It's a girl!
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    It's a girl!
  • Options
    csealyncsealyn member
    edited August 2018
    Due date- 
    4-1-19

Any appointment?
    My next one is set for 
    9-4-18

Any questions? If any of you are csection mamas was you allowed to go to your due date? 

How are you feeling? Very nauseous all the time. 

Favorite junk food? Only thing that doesn’t make me sick is lucky charms! 

Edit: Sorry ladies I didn’t see this was for ones due around April 15th I just figured it was a April board. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/19

Any appointments? Not until aug 31

Questions? Can’t think of any. 

How are you feeling? Insanely grumpy. I have zero patience. And my stomach is very cranky and gassy. 

What's your favorite junk food? Chex mix -homemade, extra spicy. 

@ashtuesday my main thing is that I won’t ever go to a catholic hospital again. During my last pregnancy, my OB wasn’t even around and whoever was on duty at 3am delivered my baby. This time I want to make sure the hospital is, again, not catholic, and is actually in good condition. Last hospital also didn’t have hot water in my room - for real. 

@kmbaby2019 I’m sorry you’re having so much anxiety, it’s the worst. 
  • Options
    @jrm_14
    I tested positive with red dye test at 10dpo so I probably didn't implant at 9 days. 
    After your period you're in your follecular phase till O then Luteal phase, the progesterone spike and subsequent higher levels get the endometrium growing, but in my mind that's not pregnancy, but whatever, lol. Baby will come out when he/she wants to regardess of how many weeks it was since my period. Especially since I ovulate later than two weeks after my period. 

@molecularmolly I feel you on any kind of medical situation causing anxiety... 
    My boyfriend is like a saint always reassuring me that because 2 or 3 doctors f-ed up doesn't mean they're all bad but if it wasn't bad enough before I was preggo it sure is worse now with all these mama bear "nobody is going to hurt my baby" feelings... ehhh
  • Options
    chrissdeechrissdee member
    edited August 2018
    Due date: April 18

Any appointments? Not until September 26. It feels like forever away. 

Questions? No

How are you feeling? Super tired. Wish I didn't have trouble going back to sleep after these MOTN bathroom trips. Increasingly irritable, which I'm trying to keep in check (especially with my 3yo). I've been getting morning sickness this time around (I pretty much skipped that part last time) so that's fun. But overall just happy and thankful to be here. It's all worth it. 

What's your favorite junk food? French fries. 

Edited because I put DH's birthday instead of my due date (they're a day apart).
  • Options
    @professormama genuine question because I have no hospital experience, but was your experience specific to being a catholic hospital? No hot water in the room sounds awful!
  • Options
    @Tulips1233 no, sorry that was unclear. The hospital room didn’t have hot water because it was old and going through renovations. I won’t go to a catholic hospital because of their policies related to mother and infant mortality. I recommend researching those policies if you’re considering a catholic hospital - they might be something you agree with, but they might not. 

Heres a basic explanation: https://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/labor-delivery/ask-labor-nurse/giving-birth-catholic-hospital

youd need to look in to the specific policies at your potential hospital. 
  • Options
    @professormama ok thanks - makes more sense! I definitely don’t plan on using a Catholic hospital but happy to understand their stance 
  • Options
    Joining the weekly posts for the first time :) 

Due date: I'm due with my second baby 4/18 (My first was born 4/14/17)

Any appointments? No appts yet, my first appt is scheduled for 9/5 at 8 weeks

Questions? No Questions, just looking forward to getting started with the group and making connections!

How are you feeling? I feel totally normal... we just have a lot going on right now, so I haven't had much time to think about my pregnancy. We are in the middle of an international move and chasing an active toddler around a currently empty house haha. I'm tired!

What's your favorite junk food? ooh, I love it all. Pizza and Ice Cream are near the top!
  • Options
    Due date: 4/16/18

Any appointments? None yet. Looking forward to my first one 9/18

Questions? How do people treat their nausea? I had gingerale the other day, but I don't want to drink so much sugar. How do people motivate themselves to stay active?

How are you feeling? Nauseous around meal times, tired, chubby... 

What's your favorite junk food? Probably tortilla chips, salsa, and tacos
  • Options
    kaleesi93kaleesi93 member
    edited August 2018
    @kayceebaby1 there should be a whole thread dedicated to nausea remedies!
    I'm doing a good probiotic/digestive tea/chloriphyll with mint in water particularly for after meals nausea, there are peppermint pearls that ladies swear by, preggie pops and ginger drops from amazon, and papaya enzyme chewables are an absolute lifesaver pregnant or not. Also if you like ginger, try crystalized ginger, most grocery stores have it Hth! 
  • Options

I finally got my confirmation appointment, labs, and first ultrasound moved into one appointment on 9/7; I really hope this OB is good and I like him, because his receptionist is a pill.

His PA emailed me back saying it was ok to combine everything, and when I called to confirm, the receptionist got a nasty attitude with me and said she couldn't do it. Then the PA called me not five minutes later and scheduled everything for me at another location for that day.

What a ride. All's well that ends well I guess.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    @sheknows6 that's insane. Someone give that receptionist a memo that if she can't speak nicely she should maybe rethink her career choice.