Trying to Get Pregnant

TTC After Miscarriage using Letrazole

Hi all, this is my first post so here goes!

Backstory: 
1) 1st Baby - Got pregnant after 1 month of using Letrozole and had a healthy pregnancy.
2) 2nd Baby - Got pregnant after 4 months of using Letrozole AND the HCG Trigger shot.  Miscarried at 11 weeks and after testing, found out that the baby had Down Syndrome which is likely why I miscarried 
3) TTC Again - Has anyone had any success after a miscarriage using Letrozole?  Mostly just looking for support.  It was devastating miscarrying and now the anxiety while TTC again is through the roof.  Any positive outcomes?  How long did it take?

So much love to all the Mommas TTC.  XX

Re: TTC After Miscarriage using Letrazole

• Sorry for your loss. The TTCAL would be a good thread to check out after you intro on the newbie thread. You should also check out IF thread for med assisted questions 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• kstahel1 Please check out the TTCAL thread here: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12732988/ttcal-w-o-8-13#latest
    Also, there is whole TTCAL board also: https://forums.thebump.com/categories/ttc-after-a-loss
    These would be more helpful than the general threads here.
    Please make sure you TW before you mention any live children as it can be triggering, especially on the loss boards.

As for me, I have had 4 MC and no live births. I've never used letrazole so I've no information on that. It doesn't sound like letrazole was the problem though, so if you need to continue to take it (a convo for you and your OB/RE) then you need to take it. Down Syndrome is usually the result of a chromosomal issue.

As for how long it can take you to get PG, if you aren't PG within 12 months of TTC this time, then you need to talk to an RE. That's just how it is. Seems you were able to get PG pretty easily in the past, so that's at least good for you. Try not to stress out too much.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Loading the player...
  • *TW babies mentioned*

All my successful pregnancies resulted from letrozole and ovidrel, all happening after spontaneous miscarriages and one ectopic resulting in tube removal. Currently 4 days out from being induced with fraternal twins from that regimen (last pregnancy was a d&c). This to say that my med regimen (plus midcycle ultrasounds and thyroid meds, and an HSG after ectopic) helped me get 2 good follicles that both happened to implant, even with only one fallopian tube. 

Just curious how you ended up on these meds in the first place, did an OB or an RE prescribe them? What's your monitoring and dosage like? 

Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18