December 2018 Moms

Husband super squeamish, i'm worried about birth plan

Hey all,
I'm 20 weeks pregnant with my first baby- she is due December 29th! My husband is super squeamish and I've been very worried about how things were going to go in the delivery room. So far, he has to wait outside while I get my blood drawn, he almost passed out during the dating ultrasound and earlier today he passed out COLD during our anatomy scan. I'm struggling because he is very adamant about continuing to come to appointments and to be there for the delivery, but I frankly don't think he can handle it. And it is causing me a lot of stress because he is just not being realistic about how to plan for this moving forward.  I don't want to plan on him being there to support me during labor, and then end up being on my own because he ends up not being able to be there. I've talked about hiring a doula to take on that role so he is off the hook, but he takes this very personally.  

Any advice?

Re: Husband super squeamish, i'm worried about birth plan

• I will add that you can ask this or any questions you have in our weekly questions thread.  Welcome, congrats, and good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was actually worried about that with my DH with our first. He passed out TWICE at our RE when the RE was just talking to us about HOW pregnancy happens and all that has to happen. Two separate times he passed out. I was like are you kidding me right now? He did not pass out while I was in labor (like I was afraid of lol) and was fully supportive the entire time.

Also, what others have said. Congrats to you. If you stick around please change your name, read the read first thread, and introduce yourself.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018