February 2019 Moms

UO Thursday 8/9

Too lazy to find a good gif today!

Re: UO Thursday 8/9

• My UO of the day is that fried chicken is gross.

i hate it every time my DH asks to go to kfc or somewhere of the sort I die a little inside lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @lifeofboggs - I made DH stop at KFC last night because I could not stop thinking about their mashed potatoes. 

@bww_0331 - I feel like people either love it or hate it. I fall more towards love but am picky with my flavors. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I’ve never had halo top ice cream. But I love fried chicken. Not from KFC though. My husband loves it but I think it’s Kentucky Fried Crap (no offense to Kentucky) 

I hate the movie Talledega Nights. I do not get why people think it’s so funny. It was just dumb. I wish I never saw it. And I actually like Will Ferrell. 
  • @lifeofboggs I love fried chicken, but it has to be good and not too fatty. KFC is so gross, greasy chunks of fat all over the place. I can totally see how it’s off-putting.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • My UO of the day is that fried chicken is gross.

i hate it every time my DH asks to go to kfc or somewhere of the sort I die a little inside lol
    I’m with you. Chicken on the bone grossed me out in general.
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• Chicken on the bone is the worst. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Boneless chicken wings are CHICKEN NUGGETS! Real chicken wings, FTW!
  • Chicken nuggets are the fucking best 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Yessss for chicken nuggets and boneless wings! 

I dont like halo halo top either. It’s kind of a grainy texture. 
  • Sorry in advance for this scandalous UO...

Guacamole is gross. 

Don’t kick me out of the group please.
  • @katamca I don’t like it either
  • katamcakatamca member
    edited August 2018
    @cali1710 usually when I tell people that everyone looks at me horrified like it’s the best thing ever lol. It just tastes so bland to me, and I’ve tried it several times.
  • ageaagea member
    Sorry,but guac is pretty worth its hype. But I know it sucks to not be on the party train with everyone else. 

Everyone loves when someone brings in a box of glazed donuts to work and I’m like meh, gross. That is something that I just can’t get excited about. 

Now if they brought in KFC mashed potatoes I would be stoked.
  • I’ll eat all of your guacamole. Never fear. 

I think attachment parenting is crazy. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Had to look up attachment parenting. So basically it's this one man telling women how to do something they've done very well on their own for thousands of years? How about no thanks to this hippie bullshit. When this kid is born, I'll listen to my instincts, medical providers, mom, friends and family members who have raised kids for advice.  

DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • edited August 2018
    katamca said: kiki
    Sorry in advance for this scandalous UO...

Guacamole is gross. 

Don’t kick me out of the group please.

Stuck in the box

My kids will eat all of the guacamole on your behalf. It's their #1 snack ofchoice always.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • I don't like: Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, or anything else in that vein. I just don't get the hype.
  • I am completely apathetic to Marvel anything, outside of the Deadpool movies (because Ryan Reynolds).  
  • Also not a fan of guac here but I will take ALL the office donuts. 

FFTC: Last pregnancy I made DH bring me six dozen donut holes from my favorite bakery during a work trip so I could freeze them and eat them periodically when craving them. I cried when I opened the box and saw those glorious dried carb bombs. Yummm
  • Deadpool May be the only superhero worth my time. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @bleucheeznwine I agree. I don’t get why everyone is so obsessed with those. They’re boring and just don’t make sense to me
  • i recently watched all marvel movies and before watching I would have said the same. But now I’m obsessed. Deadpool is amazing. Also.. because Ryan Reynolds. 
  • I don't like: Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, or anything else in that vein. I just don't get the hype.
    I didn’t even know how Harry Potter ended until like 2 years ago. Lord of the Rings doesn’t blow my skirt up either. Im not opposed to Star Wars on in the background while I’m cleaning or something, but that’s about it
    I loved Lord of the Rings when it came out, but it’s mostly because of Orlando Bloom. Who knew long blond hair and elf ears could be so attractive.
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• Gonna admit, massive Harry Potter goober, but its what my step-son and I bonded over when we first met, so its special.

Seafood of any kind all smells like rotting salt corpses to me. Just walking into a seafood restaurant makes me gag.

• @hollyvenelle thats really sweet! I cant say Ive actually watched any HP movies before. And i agree with seafood. So gross. 
  • Oh man I love HP, LOTR (Legolas mmmm) and pretty much anything Marvel. 

Also now I want some donut holes! 
  • I love HP - it was a huge part of my childhood. I can do without LOTR or SW though. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @kayjay44 One lady that I know is a big "attachment parenting" fan, and posts to Fb and IG almost daily with her tips and thoughts (which receive eye rolls aplenty from me). Her 4 yo sleeps in bed with her and her husband, and breastfeeds on demand (even is allowed to wake her up in the middle of the night to breastfeed). That sounds like hell to me, and would be a quick way to UN-attach me from any grown child that regularly wakes me up at 3 AM on a work night just for kicks and grins.
  • I don't like beer.... Cider, fine. Cocktails, slushy fruit drinks, white wine, all good. But I have yet to have a beer I like, and DH is a beer guy, so I've tried a lot. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @hannahbananas11 - a girl in my first BMB follows a lot of the principles and then doesn’t understand why her kids won’t wean or sleep through the night. Gee I wonder why?

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @smallbutmighty77 I’m not a beer fan either. Luckily DH isn’t either so we share cider 

definitely a Harry Potter fan over here but not into LOTR, Star Wars, etc
  • edited August 2018
    Re: attachment parenting...there are a few things that I do that many would think fall in line with it, but I absolutely don’t attachment parent. I pull a lot of my parenting style from several parenting philosophies. I’ve always just adapted to each kid’s needs. Cosleeping for example. DD needed to be in her own bed and swaddled tight to sleep well from the very beginning. DS hated the swaddle and needed to be right next to me at all times for the first 14 weeks of his life. Babywearing was a godsend for my DD. DS tolerates it for short bursts of time. He’d rather just be in the stroller. I hate any “philosoophy” with parenting, to be honest. 

ETA: I have a friend who’s an “attachment parent” that posted a photo of their new “family bed” and I still can’t stop rolling my eyes about that one and it’s been over a year. Lol That’s the one thing I just can’t even fathom. 
  • Here's my question re: attachment parenting (or more specifically, long term co-sleeping): when do you have sex? Like we had a few weeks where co-sleeping happened with DS. I hated it because then DH and I didn't sleep well at all, but DS needed the sleep to be able to get back in good sleep habits, so we suffered through. But we sure as shit weren't getting it on with our kid in our bed. Do people do it during naptime in a different room? Do they sneak off into the shower? How can you have more than one child if you're an attachment parent?! THESE QUESTIONS NEED ANSWERS.
  • My 3.5 year old sleeps with us most nights out of sheer need for sleep. Not to have her attached. Started like 6 months ago. Even like that she wakes up at least 2 times a night, but I don’t have to get out of bed. We managed to still knock me up again. Two words. Living. Room. Lol. I’m really hoping at the very latest a screaming baby in the room will annoy her back into her own room. 
  • @BourbonBiscuits we cosleep with our almost 3yo (its time for her to goooo) but don’t consider ourselves “attachment” parents, more like lazy parents.
    Getting it on is an issue, but usually she falls asleep after a long car ride, we put her on the couch and sneak off. Sometimes we put a movie on, once in a blue moon she’ll sleep in her room and we celebrated with some grown up time.
    Honestly, I never have energy for sex at night anyway, so we will probably follow the same MO once we get her to sleep in her own room.
  • @madreofdragons @conchispita ahh I see. I guess I was only coming from it from the perspective of cosleeping with a tiny one who'd roll/fall out of bed lol. We did cosleep for survival for a few weeks, so I definitely understand that!
  • And as a newborn she was totally in the bed. She was one that was on the boob round the clock. I’m the lightest sleeper on the planet so it worked out.