March 2019 Moms

Moving with newborn

Anyone from Canada? My partner and I will be moving to Canada shortly after our baby is born. I'm just after some advice on what Canada is like, stuff like childcare, areas that are good or bad to live in, healthcare system and education system.. and anything else that you think would be good to mention. I'm just really nervous about the change haha 

Re: Moving with newborn

• Anyone from Canada? My partner and I will be moving to Canada shortly after our baby is born. I'm just after some advice on what Canada is like, stuff like childcare, areas that are good or bad to live in, healthcare system and education system.. and anything else that you think would be good to mention. I'm just really nervous about the change haha 

Hey there. Just a few things. You might want to change your user name to something a little more recognizable so we can get to know you better. Also, we try to avoid one off threads like this because they clog our board this could have gone in our questions or randoms thread.

As for your question, you might want to narrow down your question by throwing out a city or province you’re considering because Canada is a pretty large country and answers will probably depend on that.

I’m not Canadian, but I have moved cross country (US) with a 2 month old. It can be challenging but it’s a lot easier than when they’re more mobile.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I'm from Canada! But I agree with @meggyme, Canada is a big country and the answers to your questions depend on what city and province you are moving to! Let us know a bit more and maybe we can help you out :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • Also from Canada. Where are you looking at moving? We’re a friendly bunch but it’s a BIG country and so many awesome places to be!