Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Wednesday 08/08

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 08/08

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: PNV, VitD, BBT/CM tracking, starting OPKs Friday or Saturday, HIO EOD

R/R: Sore from Orange Theory yesterday, but I loved the interval aspect and mix of cardio/weights!

CS/Q: Nothing yet, 2nd day of temping. 
  • Options
    @jessg2223 - Glad you enjoyed your workout! It sounds like a lot of fun.

Month/Cycle
    : 4/4

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Nothing right now, need to refill my prenatals

R/R: So so tired this morning! It's been 2 weeks since I've gotten a solid night's sleep. Last night was an hour nap, 4 hour nap, 1 hour nap. And of course work is busy, and I need all the focus and concentration I can muster.

CS/Q: Not temping during AF.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marebear15 Sorry for CD1.  :(

Month/Cycle: 9/11

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: All the things. RE tomorrow for US and blood work.

R/R: Feeling all the feels about the appt tomorrow.  I'm way more mentally ready than before to start but still just hate that we're at this point.  I truly do think I ovulate too early so I really hope Clomid will help delay it and give us a better shot.

CS/Q: Still on my AF temp break.  One question for anyone who may have an answer - we are likely also going with IUI this cycle as well but our RE does two days in a row of IUIs per cycle.  Is this common?  I'm going to be asking more questions to our RE but just curious if others have input. 
  • Options
    @jessg2223 how do you like Orange Theory. I have an apt gym but need some extra motivation. 
    @marebear15 i hope you're able to get back to a good sleep schedule

@Sparty18 fx your appt goes well and you're able to get some reassurance. 

Month/Cycle: 3/3 1 benched

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: BD, PNV, calendar estimation

R/R: debating back and forth if i should look for another, less stressful job. Worried about losing maternity leave and if I should bench for a bit so I can hit 12 months elsewhere

CS/Q: not today. 
  • Options
    @vl_16 I really liked it, just wish it was cheaper and more convenient. I'm debating buying a 10 class pack to mix it up. I quit the regular gym last year and joined a Barre studio which I really like and its close to my house. However, I miss having cardio workouts and I haven't been consistent with just running on my own.
  • Options
    @jessg2223 thanks for your feedback about OT! Maybe I'll see if they have a trial.  And I feel you about convenience and location. I tried barre when we lived on the west coast. But the young college girls were doing laps while I was struggling and bright red. Would love to try other studios, though. 
  • Options
    @Sparty18 good luck with your appt!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: Supplements, prenatals, acupuncture, herbs, CM, Kindara

R/R: I had a checkup with my naturopath yesterday and she said I look a lot healthier and is switching up my prenatals for something more potent, farewell tasty gummies! If this cycle is a bust, going to start on reproductive UNDAs and oil cycling with EPO and Flax Oil. 

CS/Q: nope
  • Options
    @Sparty18 My clinic does not do back to back IUIs but it is not that uncommon; I've seen quite a few people whose clinics do it that way.  As for the early ovulation, I usually O around CD10 and the clomid pushed my O back to CD15.  However, it obviously affects different people in different ways.  Good luck!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @marebear15 I hope you get some decent sleep soon! Sorry for CD1.

@Sparty18 good luck tomorrow! Allow yourself to feel all the feels.

@vl_16 ugh it's so stressful what we go through as women in the workforce. Men don't have to think about stuff like that.
  • Options
    @Sparty18 my RE doesn't do back to back IUIs,  but did the first IUI about 24 hrs after the trigger shot and recommended BD the next day. I also had an IUI 12hrs after trigger with the same recommendation. But, I've heard of others doing back to back. And for another perspective Clomid actually moved my O date up. But as @lulu1180 said everyone will have slightly different reactions.  

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    I've been a bit MIA lately, sorry. Works been super busy, with my coworker out I'm wearing lots of hats. And this is my first lunch at home this week. So much running.

Month/Cycle: 
    13/10

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: Got a call from our condo management company Monday that they had a potential tenant and wanted to show the unit. I okayed it and stressed all the work we need to do in there still and to please let them know. They loved it and put a deposit down despite all that needs to be done. Now my contractor has to haul a$$ to get it done! For my rant... My OB appt yesterday when pretty much how I expected. Everything seems to be in order and since my cycles haven't changed dramatically he thinks it's just normal changes after. Said if pain gets worse or we near the 1yr mark to give him a call. Said sounds like we are doing everything we can and keep trying. 

CS/Q: My temps have been odd lately but whatever. Nothing exciting. 
  • Options
    @Sparty18 , I've heard of many people having back to back IUIs. One of the REs I saw had this method, though we didn't pursue IUIs. Other people might have better insight, though most (if not all) are on the IF thread... you can ask over there, if you would like. 
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    @jessg2223 glad your workout went well!
    @marebear15 sorry about CD1. hope you get some rest soon!
    @Sparty18 good luck with your appointment!
    @vl_16 that's a tough spot to be in. maternity leave is so important but so is not being stressed out all of the time
    @prpl11butterfly that's great news about your condo! I'm sorry you didn't get much clarity out of your OB appt, but I'm glad to hear that nothing is wrong and you can keep trying

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: PNV, SMEP, temping

R/R: I'm ready for this darn heat to break already. I'm tired of getting so sweaty just walking to the mailbox.

CS/Q: My temps have stayed high during AF. Not quite as high as my post-O temps last cycle, but pretty close. I know a lot of you ladies don't temp during AF - is that because they can be weird like this? It's only my second month temping, and I did switch the time I'm taking my temp to be later, so maybe that explains it?
  • Options
    @allegram16 How much later is your temping time than the previous time?

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options
    @lulu1180 about 2 hours. last month I wasn't being very diligent about taking it at the same time every day - I would just take it as soon as I woke up in the 3:30-5am range since I'm such a restless sleeper. I figured I'd try to go off of the "take it after 4 hours of sleep" idea than the "same time every day" idea. that seemed to work pretty well, but I thought this month I'd be more diligent about taking it at the same time, so it's been at 6am every day
  • Options
    @allegram16 Then yes, the higher temps would be attributed to the fact that you are taking your temp later in morning; you will likely notice that your temp will be higher throughout the cycle

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options

I haven’t been posting regularly…summer is so busy!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD:  3 sigh

WAYDTGKU: temping & NTNP, prenatals

R/R: Rant - My husband has been working late all week and catching up at work after vacation and I’m exhausted! Rave – I just got my reinsurance course books for my next designation test and the dork in me is so excited! I’m just in a mood today where all the possibilities of my life are so exciting. (which is ironic considering CD3)

CS/Q: I am thinking about using OPKs this month and got a bunch in the mail from Amazon today. Do people generally start them around CD7? I supposedly didn’t O the last two cycles until CD20.

@jessg2223 cool! I need to find a new workout to get into. I pay for the Y membership but only really go running 1-2x/week.

@marebear15 Sorry about CD1. I feel you on the lack of sleep thing, I don’t sleep well when DH is not home and I’ve been suffering from mosquito bites!! Hopefully tonight we get some sleep.

@Sparty18 good luck at the RE apt tomorrow!

@vl_16 There is no harm in looking! you could find a job that doesn’t have a 12 month delay before maternity leave! My company offers it at day 1…and it’s 4 months, one of the reasons I joined J

@mamanbebe I LOVE gummy vitamins! I just switched back to the pills and it is so hard for me to remember to take them but I always remember to eat the gummies. I know they are not as absorbable or whatever but better than nothing?

Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    @leksiL Same! I was taking the SmartyPants gummies and it's a nice treat to have 6 gummies every day that taste really good while helping your body. These new ones have iron though, so that's one less thing to take I suppose :) 
  • Options
    vl_16 said:

R/R: debating back and forth if i should look for another, less stressful job. Worried about losing maternity leave and if I should bench for a bit so I can hit 12 months elsewhere
    This breaks my heart. I'm very sorry that this is an issue for you. 

Mind me asking what state you're in?
  • Options

@jessg2223 Are you planning on going back to OT? I heard it was pretty cool but “cliquey” in that weird workout way, and also super pricey, but I have a couple of friends who have been converted and love it!

@marebear15 I’m sorry about CD1. :(  I don’t temp during AF either. Eff that beeotch.

@Sparty18 I’ll be keeping FX for a good appointment for you!

@mamanbebe Hooray for being healthier! Way to go!

@prpl11butterfly I’m sorry you didn’t get better answers at your appt. Did you feel that your OB was thorough or just rushing you out the door?

@allegram16 I don’t temp during AF because I’m pissy about AF. Lol

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture/Charting/Checking CM/PNV/Vitamin B/Gross herbs/OPKs

R/R: I got to have a little reprieve at work for a book club meeting that was pretty rad. The book club took over one of the conference rooms and we had a pot luck and discussed the book ("The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks") which is actually relevant because we work in BioMedical research. The food was yummy and being away from my desk for a bit was nice.

• Options
    @literatureandink I am going to take a second class at a discounted rate before I decide. I may buy a class pack and see how it goes. They offer the 1st class free then you can do a 2nd class for cheap to see if you like it/try other instructors. It didn't seem to cliquey to me, but I also did it with a friend and was too busy sweating my butt off to really observe anyone else.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, charting BBT/CM, HIO

R/R: Rave - Had another productive day and did a good amount of writing! I'm hoping to have a solid first draft for this research project by the end of next week, and today helped me get on track. Rant - SIL and her SO are visiting this weekend. It'll be fun, but I'm nervous about getting thrown out of our routines again. Also, my SIL does not always get my sense of humor and I sometimes offend her totally by accident. I'm hoping I can avoid putting my foot in my mouth this weekend. But also... lighten up SIL! 

CS/Q: I removed the early high temp from a couple days ago (I had a really restless sleep the night before), so now my temps make more sense. Now waiting for temp rise and hopefully CHs. 
  • Options
    @Sparty18 Hope your appt goes well and Clomid does exactly what you need it to do! 

@vl_16 Ugh sorry you have to deal with a decision like that. It's bulls*** that it's so hard to access paid parental leave. 

@mamanbebe What are reproductive UNDAs? And oil cycling? I love learning about these alternative/holistic practices (though I'm also a firm believer in Western medicine, yay science!).

@prpl11butterfly Congrats on finding tenants for your condo! And sorry to hear that you didn't get any more clarity from your Dr. I hope the pain goes away soon.

@literatureandink Such a good book! I had to read it for a public health course in college. Must have been super interesting to discuss in a biomedical research company. Did it bring up interesting ethical questions about the work your company does?

• Options
    @thismustbethemom UNDAs are natural liquid compounds used to reset your system. I was previously taking a combination of them to help with my digestive system, reducing inflammation so that I had a better chance of processing food and supplements while probiotics kicked in. The new ones are aimed toward regulating your cycle. I'm very new to these but the digestive ones have been helpful to a certain extent. The oil cycling is where from CD1-O you take Flaxseed Oil daily and from O-AF you take Evening Primrose Oil. It is also aimed at regulating your cycle with proper fatty acids, etc. Seed Cycling is another version of that with crushed flax/pumpkin seeds and sesame/sunflower seeds. 

I'm not anti-western medicine at all but I've just started aligning more with natural healthcare for restorative and preventative health while I do not yet need more invasive measures. 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe Thanks for filling me in. I've never seen a naturopath, so it's interesting to hear about some of their practices. Also, I didn't mean to imply that you are anti-western medicine at all. Apologies if it came across that way!! I also see non-western medicine as filling a more preventative and general wellness role in my life. I hope the UNDAs and oil cycling help with your cycle! 
  • Options
    @thismustbethemom oh no I didn’t read it as that at all, I just did not want to come off like I disagree with western, it’s mostly just a desire to find something that works for me with where I am at in my life right now :) I love the witchery after all! Haha 
  • Options
    @leksiL that's incredible. I'll keep passively looking but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. 

@harrierwife I'm in GA, a state not necessarily known for its employee protections. 

@thismustbethemom isn't it! My husband doesn't have to worry about this. He can change whenever for the most part. 

@allegram16 so true. Where do you draw the line when stress is affecting the TTC or what will 4 months mat leave mean if you are constantly fried?  

Thank you all for the kind words. Glad to know I'm not the only one who constantly considers this and the misogyny