December 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in w/o 8/8

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How old is/are your other LOs?

Nails and fails from this week:

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:

GTKY: What do you hope goes differently this time compared to your previous pregnancy/children? (Either before, during, or after birth)

DS1 born 2/28/16
DS2 due 12/12/18

Re: STM+ Check-in w/o 8/8

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@CecilB93 I've done something like that to DS before too and I felt terrible. :( I hate when stuff like that happens.

@mcgeeva That's kinda crappy of your parents. I feel like they could have waited a little bit before leaving.

@PensiveCrayon Oh no! But good thinking on your feet. I wouldn't have known what to do in that situation.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @Jens_hoes she took two slices of bread. On one, she put PB. On the other, J. Then she folded them both in half instead of sticking them together :D
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    And I suppose to be fair, the PB only one wasn't bad. The jelly only one was awful. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options

@runrinserepeat I use to clench my teeth when I was sad or stressed in my sleep. I'd wake up and my mouth would be SO SORE! Thankfully that hasn't happened in a while. That PB&J thing is funny and adorable!

• Options
    Thanks for laughing with me, guys! It's definitely one of those situations where I was able to laugh about it as soon as I'd gotten him back to the car and in a clean diaper. Just so bad that it's hilarious. And now I know I'll never forget to check my diaper stash again! :joy: 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @mcgeeva Solidarity for the ILs stuff. They do help us once a week (two right now) with DD, but they helped so much more when SIL's kids were younger, and still do a lot for them (they gave the family their couple-years-old van last year :|). Granted, those two are 13 and 15 now, so ILs were much younger when they were born. 
    They also go to FL after Christmas, so they were only here with DD for a month after she was born. It'll be the same this time around. Solidarity! 

@PensiveCrayon Good vibes for your AS! :smiley:

@temmetime  EEK! Countertops are scary! You reminded me that as of... Monday? DD can now reach, grip and turn doorknobs. :tired_face:

• Options
    @hoosiermama-2 yay on getting 16 weeks of paid leave! Hopefully they don't last minute expect more than you've already said you'll do.
    Overthinker over here too! I'm trying to ignore my brain about how hard life will be with a newborn and a toddler. Like, shhhhh it'll be blissful and pinterest worthy.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @CecilB93 ugh...I hate when I do things like that! I think the worst the morning of DS1’s 3rd birthday party. I was trying to stop the dog from getting out the front door and accidentally tripped him....one trip to urgent care with glue on his lip later we were ready for his party. 

@PensiveCrayon what a fail, and probably funny to look back on now! Not completely similar, but we were in line to get on a Disney bus back to the resort when both of my 1 year olds pooped. We had JUST changed them and I had to use my nieces pull up for that change because apparently we were going through the diapers quickly that day.  So, I decided the bus was there, we were just getting on and changing when we got back.  It smelled horrible and DS1 (who was 4 at the time) would not let it go. He was flipping out because of the smell. Meanwhile we had a couple with "Just Married" buttons standing in front of us. I could not stop laughing at DS1 and thought these poor newly weds are never having babies after this!

How far along are you? How big is baby? 21 weeks - baby is the size of a large fry. 

How old is/are your other LOs? All boys - 9, 6, 6

Nails and fails from this week: Nails - I was able to clean the kids toy room up, which was the first step in turning it into baby's room.  We took probably 6 bags of stuff out of there to donate, now it's just a matter of figuring out where the stuff we decided to keep is going. Fails: It is SO hard to sit on the floor and clean a toy room with my belly in the way.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: Last Friday I went shopping for maternity clothes and got quite a bit (rave!). Rant: I was at Target and saw a Lillebaby complete on clearance for $72 - I was so excited to get such a great deal. I get home, get it out of the box just to check it out - wrapped in the Lillebaby plastic wrap was an infantino carrier!  Luckily Target returned it, I was scared they were going to think I put the wrong carrier in there, but I was so sad my great deal was actually someone who had scammed Target. 

GTKY: What do you hope goes differently this time compared to your previous pregnancy/children? (Either before, during, or after birth) I hope breastfeeding in the first couple of weeks is not as hard as it was before. Both times my milk didn't come in until about day 5 and it was so stressful. With DS1 I was a new mom, so it was super stressful, then I had twins, so that did not make feeding easier. I'd love to not supplement in the first few days out of fear of baby not eating enough. 

• Options

@hoosiermama-2 That is great news about the 16 weeks of leave!!

@snugglyducking25 That is terrible!! I am so sorry you didn't get your lillebaby for $72. Also, what a shame Target got ripped off like that. People willing to do stuff like that shouldn't even be raising kids, they're what's wrong with this world!

• Options
    @clbness Wow, a big weekend coming up! Hope you have a smooth flight and that DD nails the flower girl role. :blush:
  • Options
    @clbness milton's stapler LMAO
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    PensiveCrayon  that sounds like a nightmare!

@snugglyduckling25 I must ask...being a boy mom myself. Is this a 4th boy or still a surprise? 

hoosiermama-2 it's so hard not to compare. My brother had their 3rd this year and my brother is about to have surgery and they help them weekly. I had inlaws that moved here last year bc they needed to be near my husband their only child to help the. They are physically in bad shape bc of how they live their lives so babies are something they can not do at all. Never changed a diaper etc. So we are truly on our own. I'm freaking out now bc my middle of the night babysitter who lives across the street from me is moving :( No clue what the heck I will do if this baby comes early. And kudos to your company for giving 16 weeks that's amazing!

temmetime just wait soon he will be on top of the fridge! Mine somehow figured out how to climb everything so hiding snacks goes over the washer now :)

AdorkablePixie yeah my parents pretty much suck. 

runrinserepeat yes big plus on the swimming. Free entertainment and no longer have to worry or get in myself. Your daughter sounds super sweet! Love how carrying the older ones can be, melts your heart. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    @clbness of course it's a Royals game!! My sorority sister is a Cardinals fan though, so one of us will leave upset, lol. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 I figured, but then I second guessed myself and thought it could be the T-Bones!  Ahh, the ol I-70 Showdown!  Have fun.  :)
    @runrinserepeat :D  :D I mean, technically it said a red Swingline, but c'mon, we all know it's Milton's. 
    @hoosiermama-2 Thank you!  It'll be fun...and interesting.  ;)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @maureenmce don't feel too guilty! You're a good person for caring about it and you could've been MUCH bitchier.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @mcgeeva yes - this is boy #4 for us! I really did not care either way, I’m so used to being a boy mom and was completely done having kids until last fall when I decided I needed another one. I’m kind of odd in that I wanted a boy for my first and when I found out the twins were identical I wanted boys.  The only thing that makes me sad is when I pass the girl clothes, bows, etc. I’ll still never get to buy that stuff! 
  • Options
    @snugglyduckling25 I get it! But I wouldn’t change it either it’s definitely a diff pace of life. Mom of girls look at me like my house is crAzy but you spend your days outside wearing people out :) I have a neighbor who had her 4th boy this year and def felt depressed thinking this time was it. But they alway day if you have two of the one sex most likely going to have another. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    @katy0990 Your entire story makes me cringe. Glad you survived it all! My son is also a bad on-the-go napper (minus car seat naps, which he'll readily take, but only for a half hour unless he's REALLY tired). He'll nap in his big stroller, but not the umbrella stroller. Yesterday's anatomy scan was smack-dab in the middle of nap time, so I knew it would be bad, but that didn't make it any easier. He fell asleep as soon as we got on the road and then, doofus that I am, I thought he would maybe possibly be tired enough to transfer, but no. So he got an entire ten minutes of nap yesterday. We're still paying for it today, apparently.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon it’s nice to know others have the same issues/adventures! Good luck with the nap today.
  • Options
    @katy0990 I definitely laughed at him running butt nekkid through the airport
  • Options

@clbess I hope your weekend goes well!! I hope I get to see some pictures of B as a flower girl!

@maureenmce You may have been a little rude but I don't think bitchy. And honestly, I am sure anyone else would have freaked out over it.

@katy0990 Oh my goodness. Naked toddler in the airport. lol I feel like that's something that would happen with my DS.

• Options
    @katy0990 That’s quite the visual!  :D
    @AdorkablePixie Thank you! I’m sure I’ll be posting some pics...ahem, hopefully!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @katy0990 OMG that sounds like a nightmare, I'm sorry that happened! DS doesn't nap well on the go either. He's ok in a car seat, but absolutely won't nap on anyone and hasn't since he was very tiny. He doesn't mind where he is as long as it's a bed. Great job to your DS for trying to stick to not going in his pull ups!
    BabyFetus Ticker