January 2019 Moms

Weekly Check-In, EDD 1/15-1/21: w/o 8/6

EDD?

Symptoms?

Upcoming appointments?

R/R/Q:

GTKY: 
 Describe the one day you would want to re-live (without changing anything!) from the past year. (Again grateful to other weeks’ check-ins for coming up with a GTKY we can borrow!)

Re: Weekly Check-In, EDD 1/15-1/21: w/o 8/6

• EDD? 1/15, I can’t believe I’m 17 weeks tomorrow!

Symptoms? 
    Constipation and fluctuating appetite. Still feeling pretty good overall, though!

Upcoming appointments?
    Routine one next week, anatomy scan on 8/28

R/R/Q: 
    Just spent the weekend at a cabin near a lake in Wisconsin with my in-laws. It was nice to relax for a bit even if my mother-in-law got a few digs in! Now that we’re back I’m hoping to turn my attention to clearing out our spare bedroom so it can be the nursery.

GTKY: 
     Describe the one day you would want to re-live (without changing anything!) from the past year. Probably Christmas because we spent the day with my parents and had a really nice relaxing day where we made some great memories. My dad got sick really suddenly in the spring and passed away in April, so I definitely would want to choose a day where I got to see him again. 
  • EDD? 1/17 16+4 but she is measuring 17 weeks

Symptoms? 
    Constipation and a bit of swelling, very hot

Upcoming appointments?
     OBGYN on 8/17, 2nd anatomy scan in 5 weeks

R/R/Q:
    DH planned an amazing birthday weekend for me, including a very fancy steak dinner. He said it might be our last chance to splurge like that so we should enjoy it. I had such bad constipation and stomach pain I could only eat half of my $50 filet. I felt so guilty and disappointed!

GTKY: 
     Describe the one day you would want to re-live (without changing anything!) from the past year. Probably just one of our weekend days we've had together. After 3 years of TTC and finding out we couldn't on our own, I've started to feel such relief from that emotional turmoil. Just walking around the neighborhood and having people notice I'm pregnant, holding hands, grocery shopping, errands, etc. Since he works nights and we only see each other on the weekend I really appreciate our weekends together.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD? 1/19 Symptoms? Hot all the time, nauseous, and dizzy spells Upcoming appointments? I had 2 this week for early glucose testing. I had GD with my son and it appears I have it again. The only positive is it does provide more ultrasounds because it makes me high risk. I literally saw my son every 2 weeks pretty much while he was cooking. Slightly nervous because they want to do an echocardiogram on this sweet boy's heart in September. We didn't do that with my other son (it wasn't recommended), so I'm slightly nervous. They referred me to a different place for my anatomy scan because they can do a more in-depth job. It's just kind of overwhelming. I was high risk last time, but this time they were so reassuring it wasn't an issue and now boom. Let's do all the appointments all at once. R/R/Q: Anyone else had to have an echo? was it scary or was it routine for you? GTKY: Describe the one day you would want to re-live (without changing anything!) from the past year. (Again grateful to other weeks’ check-ins for coming up with a GTKY we can borrow!) Uhhhh the last year? When my husband got his first high school head coaching football job. He was so excited and I was so proud!
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • Sorry I have no idea why my formatting goes stupid. I still can't love anything or reply to anyone without having to type out their name.

BabyGaga
  • pttomatopttomato member
    edited August 2018
    @oaklandava I’m sorry you have GD again this time. :( Even though my blood sugar is harder to control this time I’m finding it less stressful because I know what to do and I know DD turned out ok.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @pttomato Awh, I'm sorry you have it too :( It's so long to go trying to eat right. Last time I could eat something one day and it be perfect with sugars and then the next day, the exact same meal would be off the charts. Was yours like that?

BabyGaga
  • pttomatopttomato member
    edited August 2018
    @pttomato Awh, I'm sorry you have it too :( It's so long to go trying to eat right. Last time I could eat something one day and it be perfect with sugars and then the next day, the exact same meal would be off the charts. Was yours like that?
    Yep. It’s really frustrating, especially since I’m on insulin and I can have the same meal and be high one time and low the next.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @greenhillgirl, aww, sorry you couldn’t fully enjoy your birthday steak dinner! I’ve had some meals like that too, where I’m really excited in theory but then when I start eating I can only do a few bites before I feel way too full.

@oaklandava, sorry to hear about the GD and them wanting to do the echocardiogram, that does sound like a lot to hit you with at once! Hopefully the extra ultrasounds will at least give you a little extra reassurance while you wait.
  • @pttomato that's exactly how I was last time. I would try so hard, eat the EXACT same thing and have two entirely different drastic results. It's so frustrating :( I hope that it levels out for you girl.

BabyGaga
  • @augusta108 thanks girl :) The extra pictures are definitely a positive so I am trying to stay hopeful and calm!

BabyGaga