November 2018 Moms

GTKY: Nicknames

Haven't seen a GTKY in a bit so let's discuss nicknames!  What funny names do you & your significant other have for one another?  Do you have any for LO yet - what are they & why? Any outside babies/furbaby with nicknames?

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
--------------------------------
LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
Me: 33 | DH: 41
Married: March 2016
TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
PCOS dx January 2018
Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
BFP 3/10/2018! 
-------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

Re: GTKY: Nicknames

• This is a fun one! Growing up I had a few nicknames from various family members, including Cinderella, Small Fry, and Casidia (pronounced quesadilla). I call DH Babe and sometimes a shortened version of his name and he calls me the same. Tessie has a few nicknames, including Baby Girl and Nugget. This baby is nicknamed Baby K because our last name starts with a K and we are team green so it seemed appropriate! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • I had a lot of nicknames growing up. My mom called me Merriweather. In high school they called me Short Sh*t. My brother and sister call me Mae, which is a shortened version of my first name. We call ds Munchy or Bug (short for bugaboo). This babe doesn't have a nickname or a name. #momfail lol. 
  • @tessiesmom26 we call our baby Baby K for those exact reasons :smile:
  • @firsttimespartanmom That's awesome! Nickname twins!

@lurvleybunchococonuts That's an awesome nickname! We've been watching Infinity War all weekend so it's perfect! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 OMG... we FINALLY watched Infinity War yesterday... I love/hated it!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• I often call DH by his (our) last name. His first name is Chris and we have about 5 friends also named Chris, so it's just easier to call them all by their last names, sometimes it sticks even when it's just the 2 of us.

We have a million nicknames for our furbabies. Piper is: Pipe, Pretty girl, Peanut, Peanut Butter Jelly time, Peanut Head Face Butt, and creepy (she likes to sit on the stairs and look at us through through the uprights of the bannister...it's kinda creepy). Joker is: Joker Man, Handsome face, Big Baby, Special Boy, and Tubbers. 

We don't really have nicknames for the twins other than Baby A and Baby B and "the twins." We're team green, and everyone seems to think we're actually finding out and not telling them. So, we just stick with the basics so that we don't fuel the "they're not telling us!" fire that burns within our parents. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tessiesmom26 @firsttimespartanmom When I was pregnant with DD, we called her baby G because our last name is with a G. We don't really have a nn for this baby - poor kid!

DH and I usually call each other "love" like "hey love can you bring me a water" Sometimes he calls me a shortened version of my first name.

I call DD every cutsie term of endearment in the book. I will probably do this until she tells me I'm embarrassing her - honey, squish, sugar, ditty, one that rhymes with her name, silly goose/goosey, littleness/littlest. Just doing my part to uphold stereotypes of southern mamas I guess...

• For DD1 we call her Mae (her initials spell it out) or Maeby (short for Mae-baby). We also called her Chicken Nugget in the bump, and DD2 was called Tater Tot. This one seems to be called Frosty more often, which doesn't fit into the theme all that well since you can't get tater tots from Wendy's, but I digress.

Growing up I was called Holly Berry, Holly Hobby, and one friend used to call me Hobbity-bobbity-bee-bah. Some of the kids on my bus in 7th grade weren't used to my name, so they called me Hollis, which is a cultural thing. My husband is known by friends and family as his shortened name, but sometimes I call him by his full name, especially around coworkers.
  • DH calls me Louie because my middle name is Louise, I fon't really have one for him because I have never really liked any I came up with but I have called him Thor because he is Norwegian and Blondie because sometimes he is so blonde lol. 

My daughter is Gracie now and when she was younger we called her Savana-urous Rex. And my sisters call her Fidget or Fidg. 

Baby boy was tater tot for awhile but we haven't used that for awhile. My DH said he is going to call him Mad Max, but I don't like that!
  • I call DD Cici, Sugar, Sweetheart, chicken little. DS is chicken strip, his name followed by poodle, and also sugar/sweetheart, etc. He was Buster when I was pregnant with him. People actually believed we were going to name him that. This poor sweet baby has no nicknames. It's hard being team green! 

I call DH pretty much every southern form of adoration nickname that exists. I'm sure it is nauseating. Ha! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Fun! My aunts call me bootsie or elibadus (how I said my name when I was a baby!). DH calls me Dear, and I usually call him Babe. No nicknames for the baby yet-- I was calling him Roo Bear in my head at first but that didn't really stick! 
  • MH and my family call me Lo or Lolo, a shortened version of my first name (Lauren). MH is practically not allowed to call me Lauren anymore because it makes me feel like I got in trouble.  :D 
    I call MH "bear." I don't really have any other nicknames for him. I call DD anything under the sun--cutie-patootie, little miss, doodlebug, doodlebear...lol.
    We don't have a name yet for this baby, but H calls her all sorts of random girl names just for fun. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • cmathes14cmathes14 member
    edited August 2018
    MH and I just call each other babe- nothing exciting, DD is a Stella so we like to call her Stellie Belly, or baby Stell. DD has named this baby Doodoo. I'm afraid it may stick after he's born.... HAHA! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH and I call each other "B", really shortened form of baby. DS is pickle pants... I honestly don't remember how that one came about. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • My DH calls me, "Nen." I just call him babe...We call DD1 "Tootsie." We call DD2 various forms of her name like,  "Jojo" or "Jogi." This baby doesn't have a nickname just yet... it usually takes us a couple of years to get a kiddo a proper NN.
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• mamachameleonmamachameleon member
    edited August 2018
    @ashkee05 kinda stoked to see another Ashley/iegh/ie/ee spelled with 2 e's! Im Ashlee as well! 

OH calls me babe or Ash. I hate pet names. Lol most i call him is babe. His nieces and nephews call him uncle pooper lol and his friends call him groves/grovesy or mugsy. My mom called me squirt or skeeziks. Grandma called me pinky. 
    My pets are often not so nice names lol but the horse is Fancy girl, or grumpy. The miniature horse is lil boy or baby moose. The cat I mostly call kitten lol even though her name is Zahra is shes definitely not a kitten anymore! Baby boy does not really have any nicknames yet! Im sure once hes born and leaving hismark on the world he will earn some pretty quick!