March 2019 Moms

GTKY - Careers

1. What is your career/job?
  2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing?
  3. What is your favorite thing about your career?
  4. What is your biggest complaint about your job?
TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: GTKY - Careers

• Loading the player...
    I’m an analyst for a local bank. I review appraisals that we order to ensure quality of reports, regulations are followed, and properties aren’t being over valued.
    1. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing?
    I never imagined this would be my career. I wanted to be a mom growing up. I was always a worker from 14 on, but what career I wanted never stuck out to me. I put off college for about two/three years because I had no clue what I wanted to do. I went the safe route and got my bachelors in management.
    1. What is your favorite thing about your career?
    My coworkers are pretty amazing. The work we do can be tedious and so having fun coworkers to make the day go by quicker is nice. 
    1. What is your biggest complaint about your job?
    The job can be tedious, ha. Appraisers who don’t properly detail or explain their work get frustrating as a reviewer. It’s kind of like going back to math class and being the teacher saying make sure you show your work. That’s how I feel at times. There are times I want to send reports back that are the style of a mean teacher who just says try again. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • bluebell08bluebell08 member
    edited August 2018
    1. What is your career/job? Operation Assistant for an oil and gas company. 
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? Not at all. I have a degree in psychology and planned on getting masters in counseling. 
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? Honestly the people and the leniency. I deal with a ton of different vendors/sales and my boss could could literally not care less how much time I spend sitting at my desk. As long I'm at work 40 hours a week and have everything taken care of he doesnt care what time I get there or when I leave. I try to keep it consistent for everyone else though and work m-t 9 hours and f 4 hours. 
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? That it's male dominant. Seriously I'm the only woman not in the main office. I'm in a back office with 8 other men. A total of 7 women work out of this whole complex compared to probably 80ish men. Often men here tend to under think things and not take into account other factors (shipping, trucking, logistics type of stuff). We are in remote south Texas some days I might not have internet or cell service and no I can't get you 20 ft pipe over nighted from Denver to be on location 2 hours south of the office at 6am (eye roll). 
  • @bluebell08 I work with mostly men and some of the things they think/don't think about is astonishing. I was the only woman in my department until our female intern started.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
    1. What is your career/job? - life & style blogger 
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? - I studied theatre and performed professionally for years after college. While this isn’t exactly the same, being in the public eye and using my creativity it’s the closest I think I’d get outside of TV/Film!
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? - I’m my own boss! I am my own brand. Pitching myself and my creativity to companies for partnerships is empowering, and everything I Blog about is created solely by me - From the photography, to the editing, to the copywriting... I’m a one woman operation and that’s the way i like it! Also I get to attend some really cool events!
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? - it can be very “numbers” oriented with certain brands. The quality of your content can far exceed a competitor but if they have more followers, they’ll get the job over you. In reality, follower count isn’t as important as engagement rate and quality - but unfortunately some brands can’t see past the numbers... so in addition to all the work I already have to do, I’m constantly pushing to have a slow and steady follower increase too. 
  • SparkyloveSparkylove member
    edited August 2018

1. What is your career/job? X-ray/CT tech 
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? I wanted to do marine biology but wasn’t a fan of college so that was too much lol. 
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? Love the small hospital I work at and the people I work with! 
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? Some exams can be overwhelming! 
    1. What is your career/job? Assistant for Real Estate Developer
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? No, before moving to Texas, I did hair for 15 years and loved it. But I knew we wanted to start a family, so had no desire to start my clientele completely over. Or being pregnant standing on my feet all day. 
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? I love the people I work with! My office at my location is small and everyone is like family. I feel I lucked out, plus it's easy to get time off if needed without issues. 
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? Paperwork can be tedious and boring at times.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

1. What is your career/job? I am a medical writer/medical publications manager.
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? Up until 5 months ago I was a committed bench scientist doing research. I always thought I would be a scientist and never imagined leaving the bench to write. But it really wasn’t conducive to family life, and it turned out I care more about being a mom than I did about research, which was pretty telling in itself. It really is a calling that you have to give 100% to, and that didn’t leave anything left for my family. 
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? Working from home is amazing. I am 100% remote for a firm based in Europe and I love it.
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? It’s a steep learning curve right now. I am doing my best but sometimes I feel like all I do is make mistakes. And my coworkers are Dutch and very direct so they tell you right to your face when you’ve stepped in it haha. 
  • canadamommycanadamommy member
    edited August 2018
    1. What is your career/job? SAHM mainly, with a side crafting business and way too many volunteer gigs

1. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? When I was younger I wanted to be a vet but as I got older I wanted to be a SAHM. I need to decide soon what I actually want to be when I grow up ;) 
    1. What is your favorite thing about your career? Being there for my kids, not paying daycare costs, doing what I want/freedom. My husband calls me his biggest luxury he can’t afford. He works away, so if I was working my job would suffer due to kids sick days and appointments etc etc
    4. What is your biggest complain about your job? The loneliness. I struggle leaving the house when we have nothing planned. And right now i’m overwhelmed with all my sidegigs. I don’t know what to drop or step back from but something has to give a bit
  • 1. What is your career/job?

I'm a SAHM/WAHM. I used to work in news media doing a lot of different things, and I quit when I had my daughter. Currently, I do part time writing/editing work outside the news industry for a small company. I also do some of the paperwork and whatever my H needs for the small business he/we operate in the summer. 

2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up?

Yes and no. I never knew what I wanted to be growing up. I did know that I wanted to stay home with my children once I had them. Beyond that, I changed a lot. I wanted to be a scientist for awhile, I wanted to be a novelist, I wanted to be an archaeologist, etc. I did write a tiny family newspaper as a kid, so maybe I knew where I'd end up. I've also always said I'm not cut out to be an accountant and run my H's business and I would not do that. Which I'm not doing, exactly, but I do help with taxes and I am kind of, and I'm coming around to it. 

3. Favorite thing?

Currently, I do like being able to be home with my children, and it's so nice to only juggle one work schedule when planning vacations and things we want to do. I also love that I can do some work from home, and I don't have to put my children in daycare. The work for our business, I can do whenever, and the nature of the work for the outside company is such I can do it whenever and however as long as it gets done within 24-48 hours of getting the work. Pick it up while my daughter's happy and playing independently, pause to play with her, pick it up during naps, or just wait and do it all at 8:30 pm after she's in bed.

My prior career in news, I LOVED talking to people and not being at a desk all day. I loved hearing people's stories. 

4. Complaint?

Currently, I don't get enough work from the company I work for. I can go months with nothing. I do wish they had more hours for me, but oh well. Also, of course, with me not working full time, we have less money, but if our child/children were in daycare, we'd have a lot less than pre-kids anyway. And also, I do get stressed and annoyed with my daughter and wish I had help during the day. 

Previously, it was SO STRESSFUL! It was so high-stress and I was looking (unsuccessfully) after one year for another job. I was so burned out. I was so happy to quit. Coworkers were good and I liked it fine, but it was just too stressful and too much work. I'm not cut out for the constant daily deadlines we had. People have encouraged me to do freelance reporter work, but that prior experience was so crazy, that I've more or less decided I am never doing anything like that again! 
    +1 for the Navy (civilian). I’m in financial management and have had a couple fun “gigs” - the first was rolling out a new accounting system (SAP based), then a rotation in the comptroller office, and now I’m working on the Columbia program (new submarine)

2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? 

100% no! When I was younger I wanted to be a vet or a teacher. When I got older I was adamant I wouldn’t work for the government because “bumps on a log” and all that. I got a minor in Industrial/Organizational psychology and started pursuing a masters degree with the intent of becoming a consultant or possibly personnel lawyer, in the mean time I got a government gig and was really enjoying that quasi consultant work. Re-evaluated my strengths and knew anything that would require a lot of public speaking or selling myself wasn’t right for me. Here I am 8 years later

I have learned a lot about government finance and contracting which potentially could make me a bunch of money as a contractor if I pursued it. The group I work with now is very family oriented and flexible with me. Pay is very competitive. I like being among the best at what I do. 

There are a LOT of those bumps on a log I was worried about and they are making me jaded and hate my job. Since the pay is so competitive I feel trapped. I’m about to get a promotion where I have to supervise some low caliber folks and I have many mixed feeling about that. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
    I’m an online English teacher to kids in china. I do this very part time so I can stay home with my son. 
    1. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing?
    I always wanted to be a teacher. I was a first grade teacher before staying home. 
    I like making connections with people across the world. I love to see how Chinese kids are basically the same as American kids. They all have the same wants and needs. They’re also extremely motivated learners and very respectful to teachers, so they’re a breeze to teach. 
    Waking up at 5 am everyday.
    I am an acupuncturist /Chinese medicine provider!

No, I wanted to run a doggie day care until I realized that means glorified pooper scooper. Then I wanted to be an artist, but didn't want to get trapped in a certain style because of what would sell vs wouldn't sell.

I get to help people feel better and can usually see results in the first visit! And I get to provide self care tools for use at home  It is basically facilitating adult nap time! Sometimes there are kids too, but less often.

Toss up between billing medical insurance, which can be a pain in the butt, and the fact that it can be very isolating. I work for myself so even though I see people, it is very much listening to a lot of complaints, some of which I can help but some of which are just venting. It can also be frustrating when people don't follow self care directions and then keep complaining/don't make better when really they could make some changes and choose not to! 
  • @abbykwail - you will appreciate this! DH and I had been TTC for 7 months (which is standard for a lot of people) but as an experiment I did acupuncture focused on fertility once a week for the 6 weeks before I found out I was pregnant. On my last session out of 6 I got to tell my acupuncturist about my BFP, which I found out about the day before. Amazing!!! Still on the fence as to whether or not it was all a huge coincidence, but I keep telling myself it was the acu that really pushed this pregnancy through  :)
  • @abbykwail Cool job! I still believe my first pregnancy wouldn’t have happened without acupuncture treatments, and my acupuncturist knew I was pregnant before I did! 
  • @abbykwail @maggiemadeit Curious. How does the acupuncturist know about the pregnancy before you? What clues them in?
    I am a product manager. 
    Certainly not. While I love my job, I wanted to be a vet growing up. Turns out that's not so easy when you are terrible at all things science-related. :neutral:
    I love product development. It's fascinating and very fulfilling to identify problems people have with products, create solutions and see them come to life!  
    My company is huuuuge. It's like turning a barge trying to get things accomplished because it's so matrixed and I am always reliant on others to complete tasks. 
  • @kimbaby2due I am jealous of your job!  An added bonus that your baby will grow up bilingual from being raised in China - I always wanted that for my girls. We do such a crappy job of teaching foreign language in the US, it's sad. 

@bluebell08 my last company I was a PM for industrial and mechanical power tools and was also like 1 of 2 females and I was amazed at the stuff that those guys said. 

To all the SAHM, I salute you!  That is seriously the hardest job IMHO. 
  • @indigoheightsblog @maggiemadeit @mayoduck

Yaaaayyy!!! I love it when people have tried it / had good experiences / are curious about it!!! 

There is a specific feeling in the pulse that can signify pregnancy - but it can also be a sign of a couple other things so I tend to not try to predict it for patients. We feel pulses because they actually check into different organ systems  rather than just for the rate. A pregnancy pulse is called slippery, when typically a pms pulse is more wiry. But it is hard to describe, it took me like a year to learn to feel the differences (there are actually 27 pulse types). Some practitioners say that you can predict gender based on which side is stronger, but again, that can mean other things too and I have seen it be inaccurate. Also, I never remember which is which!

I get acupuncture 2x/month myself just for wellness and it is soooo wonderful and relaxing. I don't know how people live without it regularly!

I know it is early but I make a postpartum care box with tons of Chinese medicine tools to nourish/heal new moms (who often get lost in all the resources for babies!!) in case anyone is interested :) 
  • @abbykwail Wow! TIL. Thanks for the info!
    Medicaid Quality Analyst. I do mostly performance measurement, project management, procurement and contract management.
    Crazy thing is that I got started in health care as a pharmacy tech because I speak Spanish and it seemed to pay well and now I never speak Spanish. Go figure!
    My boss is phenomenal. I have a lot of autonomy. 
    I get thrown into a lot of random meetings and projects that don't really seem aligned with my role. Preaching to the choir from what others have said. 
    1. What is your career/job? Accountant
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? When I was 8 or 9, I wanted to be a vet. By age 12, I disliked biology. In high school the ACT results placed me in business/accounting, so I tried it in college and it stuck. My parents are both CPAs, so can't say I'm surprised.
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? I like the puzzle aspect of things. Something is off, but why? and what? My role has somewhat shifted more into management, which is its own set of struggles as most accountants struggle with people IQ. Conflict makes me want to crawl under my desk and disappear.
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? Lack of activity. I feel chained to my desk. My desk does convert into a standing desk so that is great, but I feel like a lazy blob most of the time.
    1. What is your career/job? nurse practitioner
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? I wanted to be a vet so somewhat related.
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? I really enjoy health education and diagnosing and treating effectively can be very rewarding.  Because of my specialty I do not work in the summer.
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job?  It isn't super flexible.  There is never an opportunity to work from home and if one of my kids is sick it can be tough to leave if I have patients scheduled.
    1. What is your career/job? I'm a life insurance underwriter. I review people's health histories, medical records, driving records, etc to determine how likely they are to die  :p
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? I double majored in English and International Relations. I love foreign policy and economics, but there aren't a lot of those kind of jobs in Minnesota. I can't imagine moving away from my family!
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? I get to ask people all the questions you're not allowed to ask: how much do you weigh, how much money do you make, what meds are you on....
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? Getting pushback. I'm always having my decisions second-guessed and having to defend them. It's a male dominated field, like some people noted above for their jobs. Plus, I sound like I'm twelve on the phone, which doesn't help lol
  • Crazy how many people want to be vets as kids! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
    1. What is your career/job? User Experience designer for software and mobile applications.
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? Nope. I wanted to be a vet, a writer, a marine biologist, a 3d animator, I had no idea what I wanted to do.
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? My coworkers for sure.
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? The company is a huge institution and company politics are awful.
    1. What is your career/job?  I'm currently a SAHM, but was previously on Office Admin.  I have a Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology/Archeology & Medieval History and a Master's Degree in Medieval History.
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing?  I never imagined I would be a SAHM, but I do enjoy it.  I previously worked in an office with engineers all day and I love my guys.  We still visit often.  I plan to continue writing historical fiction one day as well.  I really miss research and writing.  
    4. I'm not the most patient person and I enjoy time to my self so I really appreciate nap time.  I do love being there for every little thing as my DD (3) grows up.  I love all the snuggles and seeing how quickly she learns as we do daily lessons.
    5. What is your biggest complaint about your job?  I need to be more patient with my DD.  She is such a good kid, but I am big introvert and really enjoy my me time as well.  I wish I could get more motivated sometimes to do more for her.  I've gotten much better at this in the last year, but I still feel like I could do more.
    1. What is your career/job? I am a GI physician assistant.
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? I know I wanted to be a PA in high school, but when I was growing up I had always wanted to own a restaurant.
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? I love helping people, and I do enjoy talking to people (even if I am very introverted!). It's very satisfying to diagnose someone correctly and help them feel better.
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? It can easily get overwhelming if it's a busy day in the hospital or office. Seems like tasks and paperwork are never complete!
    1. What is your career/job? I’m an English Learner Teacher for elementary students.
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? I never had a solid career plan growing up, but I was definitely interested in being a teacher when I was younger. I actually went to law school for a year after college but decided it wasn’t for me.
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? It’s just amazing to see how much children learn in such a short amount of time. 
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? Budgeting I guess. I hate that money is taken away in areas that severely need it. I also hate that teachers are basically guilt tripped when the contract is renegotiated. For example, a few years ago, we agreed to a 7% raise over 5 years and as soon as it was supposed to happen, positions were being cut left and right because the town “couldn’t afford to give everyone raises”.
    I have been in banking in some form or fashion for the last 17 years. First at the federal reserve and then retail banking. 
    Absolutely not!! I, like a lot of us apparently, I wanted to be a vet. But then I figured out that I can't handle the sight of blood or seeing an innocent animal in pain. I just kind of stumbled in to banking. 
    Being able to help people get a handle on their finances. 
    Those people that complain all the time but won't do what needs to be done to fix their issues. For example, someone complains that they always get overdraft fees.... I explain to them why it keeps happening and how to avoid it, and the next month they come in with the exact same freaking complaint! 
    1. What is your career/job? Physical Therapist
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? Always new I wanted to be in the medical field, just had to figure out what area. Unless you’re counting me as a kid-I wanted to be a school bus driver then! 
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? Helping people get back to what they love! 
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? Ummm-insurance or its lack of coverage. I can’t count how many times people get upset because of a co-pay/co-insurance. 
    1. What is your career/job? Lab manager for a ruminant (cow) nutrition lab
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? Nope, like many others I thought I wanted to be a vet, but fell in love with animal nutrition research instead 
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? I have the best coworkers, get to see cows a couple times a month, get to do research with microbes (I could look at them under a microscope all day, and I get to do meaningful research that benefits farmers, cows and the environment
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? Long hours (especially during experiments) and not the best pay for having a masters degree.  Probably going to have to quit after this baby is born or I’ll be paying to go to work.
  • @stmgsam3 sounds like a great reason to ask for a raise!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
    1. What is your career/job? I’m a therapist in private practice. I have my license in social work. 
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? Nope. I wanted to be a veterinarian. I actually changed my major quite a few times in college before landing in psychology and then social work as a masters.
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? Now that I work for myself after 7 years of agency work, I love that I don’t have to work 40 hours a week anymore. I love that I make my own schedule and get to specialize in areas that I really want to focus on. 
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? I was underpaid and under appreciated for years and almost quit all together. That has been my main complaint. Currently my complaint is just dealing with insurances. Such a pain! 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • @BuckeyeNut05 I don’t live in China! That’d be so cool though. I just teach kids that live in China while I live in America. We have a video conferencing platform with PPTs to teach from. 
    1. What is your career/job? I'm a health sciences librarian, unfortunately currently looking for a new position. Jobs are quite specialized and harder to come by, especially where I live. DH and I are reviewing finances to see if I can stay home with the baby coming. 
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? When I was growing up, I wanted to be a doctor first but with all the blood, trauma, etc. I changed my mind fairly fast. Then I wanted to be a professional musician (flute), but learned very quickly in senior year of high school I didn't have the chops for it. Now I just play for fun (and really kind of suck, I need to practice again). 
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? Honestly, helping providers find the necessary information to inform a treatment plan, and potentially help save a life or make someone better has been by far the most awesome part of my job. I also loved getting to work with health consumers who wanted to get reliable health information to really learn about their/a loved one's disease or treatment plan. 
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? I guess that it's getting harder to find jobs in my field. Another unfortunate byproduct of the internet, you can always find information on there, true, but who's to say you pulled the right thing? A librarian knows. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
    1. What is your career/job? I've been in construction since 03'. Currently designing, scoping, and estimating home remodeling. 
    2. Is this what you wanted to do growing up or a complete change from what you thought you would be doing? There wasn't this one thing that I wanted to be when I was younger.  I did always gravitate towards my artistic side so when I went to college I pursued Graphic / Studio Arts. My degree is in Graphic Design. 
    3. What is your favorite thing about your career? The variety. Mix of office and in the field. Meeting new people (the good ones LOL). Designing, being creative. Realizing a vision. 
    4. What is your biggest complaint about your job? WORKING. LOL. It's tough working with a little, even though I love my job. It gets tough sometimes to strike the balance between work and home life. I'm sure that's a common notion amongst the group!