November 2018 Moms
Options

Thursday and Friday Ticker Change (8/2-8/3)

This is for those of us with a Thursday due date of: 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/22, & 11/29
OR
a Friday due date of: 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/23, & 11/30

PSA: Changing up the prompt!

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. What are you planning to do this weekend to prepare for baby’s arrival?

6. GTKY: 
What could you give a 30-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation (except to gather prop materials)?

Re: Thursday and Friday Ticker Change (8/2-8/3)

• Options
    24 weeks (woot woot!), cantaloupes. the ultrasound tech on tuesday estimated that my babies are about 1lb5oz and 1lb4oz right now.
    2. How are you feeling?
    enormous. already feeling the same level of aches and limitations that i started feeling only towards the end of my last pregnancy. a little dejected that my belly is going to somehow get 5x bigger. also, legit burning heartburn this week.
    i had a great monitoring appointment at mfm on tuesday. 
    my parents moved clear across the country only 4 years ago to get ready to retire. they bought a small very low maintenance house in a nice suburban area for retirees. now that my dad is actually retiring in a few weeks, he wants to move back to the east coast to be closer to his grandkids. he’s looking at bigger houses with tons of land (upkeep). he and my mom are still planning on spending 1/2 the year abroad in my mom’s home country too (guess who he assumes will take care of the next house while they’re away). his capriciousness is driving my mom and me bonkers.
    pack a emergency suitcase for the hospital, hang curtains in the nursery, switch out the ceiling fan, order some wall decor (after i look at the curtains to make sure stuff works), and order monogramed newborn hats (part practicality and part celebratory for 24w).
    6. GTKY: 
    What could you give a 30-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation (except to gather prop materials)?
    how to play and bet in blackjack.
  • Options

25 weeks tomorrow!  Cauliflower!

2. How are you feeling?

Good, other than back/shoulder spasms.  I got them with my last pregnancy, too.

Nope.

I'm so sick and tired of my doctors causing me added stress over every little thing.  I just want to enjoy this pregnancy, not be on edge all the time!

Nothing.  I feel bad about having nothing done and no plans to start just yet, but there's not much to really do.  We need to put together the new crib and move stuff around to make room for it, wash all of our newborn and 0-3 months clothes and pack a hospital bag at some point, but none of that seems like it needs done right now.

6. GTKY: 

Umm...I don't know?  I've got a lot of skills and subjects I'm knowledgeable on, but I'm not sure how well I could present them since so many of them are things I know how to do but can't really explain well because of the way my brain works (I just "do things" and they make sense to me).

Terrible answer, I know. :blush:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    24w Babies are the size of cantaloupe (and I am now realizing I've never actually known how to spell cantaloupe...who knew there was a U in it?)
    2. How are you feeling?
    Really good, actually! Hip pain when I sleep, but nothing intolerable. In fact I've gotten in 4 really great workouts this week and am geared up for another one after work today :smile:
    This is my week off of appointments. Next week I have Ped Cardiology (for fetal echos to check on Baby A's Pulmonary Stenosis and verify that Baby B is all good) and MFM, both on Monday morning. 

We had dinner with some of my extended family on Wednesday and the questions one of my cousins asked made me so mad. Let's start by prefacing this with the fact that my husband and I went to dinner straight from the gym - which my dad pointed out as soon as we sat down. First, my cousin (who is 56) gave me crap for registering at places where you have to order online because she "doesn't know how to use amazon." Well, I'm sorry that Babies R Us closed and that Target's in-store selection here sucks...I'm sorry for the inconvenience it's causing YOU. Then she asked if I was still working. Umm...I'm still going to the gym, still going out to dinner, and babies' arrival is still 3 months out...yes, I'm still working. Then she asked about when I was going on bed rest. I had to explain that unless something goes wrong, I will be working/NOT on bed rest until the babies are born. I'm pregnant with twins, not disabled. Mind you, this is also the cousin that LOVES to give me unsolicited advice... 

The new rocker/recliner for the nursery is being delivered on Saturday!! I can't wait to get it in the room and finish planning out the rest of the decor. And, it's not so much for babies' arrival, but this weekend we are tearing out our deck in preparation for the landscapers to come put in a new paver patio next week. When I say "we" I really mean my dad and my husband since they won't let me help. 

6. GTKY: 
    What could you give a 30-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation (except to gather prop materials)? Rules of the road including, but not limited to, proper use of the left lane, turn signals, and how to use a round about. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    27 weeks! Baby is the size of cauliflower.

2. How are you feeling?
    Pretty good! Was really sore yesterday but feeling better today.

I had a regular check up Monday and all went well. Tuesday was my glucose test and I passed! Next appt is my first biweekly PT appt next Tuesday. I told my OB that I haven't been doing the stretches PT gave me since I slipped in the shower and he told me to make sure I tell PT and have them re-evaluate me because that slip could have compounded the issue. 

I am going to see Aladdin on Broadway tomorrow and I am SO EXCITED! I've been talking about it for over a year since I heard it was coming to Boston, and I got tickets for Christmas so it's been a while coming and I couldn't be more thrilled!! 

I am hoping that Dh finishes painting the nursery. I can't roll paint, I don't know why, I just really suck at it, so he has to. I did all the cut ins, so I helped but I am really hoping he finishes it. 

6. GTKY: 
    Planning a Disney World vacation. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    23 weeks, grapefruit

2. How are you feeling?
    Still sleeping on an incline to deal with this reflux and taking diclectin in the morning, otherwise not too bad.  I want my energy back though 

Just had my regular prenatal today 

I know second tri is supposed to be the best, but I don’t like it.  I find it drags on forever.  Maybe if I liked being pregnant it would be different lol.  

We’re in the process of renovating our basement so we can have our bedroom down there so working on that.  I refuse to move down there until the bathroom is finished.  The new baby will be going in our old room so obviously haven’t even started on that.  Not that she will be using it for the first little while anyways.  

6. GTKY: 

+1 for rules of the road.  Also car seat safety.  I’m not very good at presenting though.   Another one that knows stuff but can’t verbalize it well.  Lol 

• Options
    27 weeks - bunch or bananas
    2. How are you feeling?
    Exhausted and sore. Cramps with too much activity, ugh.
    Yes, Thursday. Going to ask about the cramps, and hopefully show her my blood sugar log and not have to keep tracking because I don’t have GD, just don’t do well with the glucose test. 

Not sure if I have anything specific planned...oh! Get down the infant seat from the shelf it’s on in the basement and order a new harness because the one in it is kind of gross, and those aren’t washable. Other than that, I’ve just been cleaning stuff out every weekend.
    6. GTKY: 
    Another one for car seat safety! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker