December 2018 Moms

FTM Check-in -- 8/1

I don't think I've seen one of these since last week...

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Questions, Rants, Raves?

GTKY: What were your favorite things to do as a kid?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FTM Check-in -- 8/1

• How far along are you?
    21 + 5

How are you feeling?
    Eh, ok.  I've been really tired and feeling lazy.  I'm hoping this is a result of the heat and my lack of a formal schedule right now.  I didn't find the motivation to do anything today and am feeling guilty about it.

Questions, Rants, Raves?
    My husband's life insurance quote came back much higher than expected and I'm upset about it.  Ugh.

I loved playing outside, especially climbing trees/making swings and rock hunting.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • hkomhkom member
    edited August 2018

How far along are you? 
    22 weeks! 

How are you feeling?
    I'll spare everyone my sob story.  I am feeling little better today. I've been feeling a lot f of pelvic pressure toward the end of the day / evening and it isn't so bad today, which makes me happy. 

Questions, Rants, Raves? 
    We're having tacos for dinner and I went to the store to get everything.  Didn't buy sour cream because I knew we had a recently opened whole container in the fridge.  Dinner is almost ready and I just popped open the sour cream AND IT'S MOLDY!   H the hero went to the store down the road to buy more   :)  It's such a stupid minor thing but I always feel like such a bum when I do stuff like that.  Especially in this instance because sour cream is an essential part of an H taco. 

Go to the library. Definitely walk around in the woods. If there was a stream or a pond I was in heaven.  Guess who grew up to be a stream and wetland scientist?!  
    ;)  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @hkom I loved streams as a kid too, though I did not grow up to be a stream and wetland scientist.  There was one in my backyard that we were always playing in/near.  Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd life insurance...added to my list. Sorry it was high, though. 

@hkom I alllllways forget sour cream. It's not a must have for me, but it is for h and it always gets overlooked on my list. I do something like that every week, it feels like. 

How far along are you? 
    20+6. I feel like 21 is a good wedo, for some reason haha

How are you feeling?
    Can't complain. As far as pregnancy goes, I think this one is pretty easy so far. Hoping that continues. 

Questions, Rants, Raves? 
    I feel like all I'm talking about is my house buying/selling, but our sellers agreed to everything we asked for after the inspection! Now on the to mortgage portion of our show...

Read, read, read. Also played hide and seek with the kids on my street, there were a ton of us. I wasn't big into the outdoors until high school/college. 
  • @kadeephd I am often unmotivated, I hope it passes for us both.
    @hkom Sorry about the pelvic pressures and bad sour cream! 
    @morgantu 21 will be a great week :wink:

How far along are you? 
    21 weeks today :heart:

How are you feeling?
    Pretty good overall. My OB said that Miralax is fine to take, and said that we can look at medication for the reflux if it gets painful or if I get pukey. I'm excited to receive the wedge pillow I just bought tonight :lol:

Questions, Rants, Raves? 
    Rave! Baby was super active during the anatomy scan. The reassurance that LO is on track and healthy was the best news ever. We confirmed that he's still a boy, and the grandparents were all pleased to see a new photo. I just can't get over how much he was moving and that I couldn't feel it at all. He waved, he showed us that he can open his mouth, and kick kick kick. He might be a tiny song & dance man!

Probably camping! We had an annual camping trip that everybody loved. I loved the week of mind wanderings, gathering flowers, foraging raspberries, and watching bats circle the evening firepit. I was usually the only child on the trip, and I always enjoyed being treated like an adult (although I wasn't allowed beer). Ah, memories.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • hkomhkom member
    @echo-charlietango I can't believe you aren't feeling anything yet!  How frustrating! I hope you do soon! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @echo-charlietango Hooray for a great anatomy scan!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @echo-charlietango yay for good news at your AS.  Sorry you can't feel much yet, but I'm still unsure of what's baby and what's gas if that makes you feel better!

@morgantu I feel like my pregnancy has been pretty easy so far too.  We are blessed!  Glad your sellers agreed to everything with the inspection. Still worried about how ours will go next week!  Good luck getting yours ready for sale.

@kadeephd don't feel guilty about being lazy or tired. Things pregnancy business is a lot of work. Your childhood preferences sound a lot like mine.  Outdoors was the best place to be. 

@hkom I hope your pelvic pain eases. Glad today was a good day.  I hate when food I feel like I just bought gets moldy. Happened to me just yesterday with mozzarella!  And YES to the woods, outdoors, streams, etc. How cool you found your way to becoming a stream and wetland scientist!

How far along are you? 
    19+2.... getting there!

How are you feeling?
    Pretty good. Not too much to complain about  :p Definitely feeling blessed for that. Slightly anxious about my upcoming AS on Monday. 

Questions, Rants, Raves? 
    Went on a date night with SO tonight. It was lovely, but we were at a comedy club and NO ONE came to our table to serve us THE ENTIRE TIME!  Tables all around us were getting food and drinks and we never got asked if we even wanted water.  They completely forgot about us.  I was starving and cranky and hangry!  On the way home we ended up getting McDonalds.

I'm with all you ladies.  So many similar experiences.  Huge family camping trips where we'd rent out 7 sites for a week were definitely a fave.  I loved playing outside exploring the woods, climbing trees, making mudpies, digging my own fish pond, etc. Making fairy and elf houses were one of my most favorite daily activities.  Making believe I was a Native American was another (complete with building a teepee, making my own hand-scraped stick as a spear, and grinding my own acorn flour).  Summers were spent either in the air conditioned library reading or at the community pool. We'd get there at 12 when it opened and stay till closing at 8, usually ordering pizza for dinner. I was a mermaid for 8 hours a day almost every day of summer and I loved it!  
  • @scaredunprepared Ack! That sucks that the comedy club didn’t serve you guys - you couldn’t get anyone’s attention? Have you complained to them via email, Yelp, or Facebook? I’m usually the last person to complain about bad service, but Thirsty Echo is a vocal lady when forgotten :neutral:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • How far along are you?
    22 weeks + 3 days

How are you feeling?
    Pretty good overall. I'd say I've had an easy pregnancy so far. My sacrum really hurt yesterday so I need to do something about that. 

Questions/Rants/Raves/Dear Diary?
    Right now, I'm just wondering if these precious little punches (yup...punches, not kicks) are going to start being painful as he gets stronger. I love them at the moment, but I always see women further along wince in pain. I hope I don't start disliking the movements.

I really enjoyed made up games. With one friend, we always pretended we were trying to prepare for a long, cold winter in her treehouse. We'd collect berries and mud to get us through the winter lol. I liked to play spies with another friend. I loved Barbies too. 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @echo-charlietango there were 7 people at our table and not one of us was able to get anyone's attention :(  I have got complained because I think it was a miscommunication on the part of the waitstaff.  I dunno.  I usually have no problem complaining about things like this, but lately confrontation seems daunting. 

@binxybaby I'm jealous of your punches! I want some definitive baby movement already!  I'm tired of playing the "is it baby or gas?" game. 
  • donnawicksdonnawicks member
    edited August 2018

How far along are you? 
    21 weeks

How are you feeling?
    Not to bad really today was a down day I just did not want to do anything have a full on week next week so hoping it passes

Questions, Rants, Raves? 
    Question anyone else's baby just did not want to move during the AS?? I have to go back next week to try and get some more shots and one of them is the profile my friend went for hers yesterday and was all fine baby was moving heaps all mine did was stretch!! I'm trying not to work myself up over it I over think things alot haha 

Rave hubby has finally clicked into omg my wife is pregnant mode and had just been so lovely and helpful hope this lasts haha

GTKY: What were your favorite things to do as a kid? Playing make believe outside we were fortunate enough to live right  my grandparent farm which had this hill with a big tree that you could climb and see the whole town with and not far from them was a little forest area my brothers and I used to play alot of Lord of the rings out there good times I miss things like that
  • @donnawicks Yeah, I think there are a bunch of us who have to go back for follow ups. My lo wouldn't move either, the sonographer said it happens all the time. 
  • @donnawicks Yeah, I have to go for a follow up - hopefully will get the call today to schedule that. Baby girl was moving a ton, but wouldn't turn to the other side, so we couldn't get a closeup of her heart and her left foot! 

@hkom Sorry about the sour cream. If you were close I would have given you some. I bought some this week, thinking we were out and found an entirely unopened one at home! So now I've got one that expires 8/8 that I'm trying to get through and another unopened one that expires 8/16!

@echo-charlietango Sorry you aren't feeling baby move yet - you will soon! I'm sure it was reassuring to see him moving around at the a/s. 

How far along are you? 
    20 weeks today!

How are you feeling?
    Pretty good. I slept terribly at the beginning of the week (a 4-hour night and a 6-hour night), so after two nights of 8 hours of sleep, I'm feeling more human again. :)

Questions, Rants, Raves? 
    Rave: The day after my a/s I got past the point of "is that baby or is that gas?" And now I've been feeling her all the time! I do second @binxybaby though, wondering how long the fun phase of this will last vs. when/if it'll start hurting... My husband is really anxious that he can't feel it from the outside yet and I keep telling him it'll be another 3-4 weeks at least. :-p

I loved playing outside in the summers. We'd roam the street and alleys for hours playing tag, running on gravel barefoot (lol), climbing trees, and playing cops and robbers. It makes me sad that our kids won't ever get to do that because of the fear around letting your kids run around outside unsupervised these days. I also LOVED to read. We had to institute "talking nights" a couple times a week where books weren't allowed at the dinner table since my sister and I just wanted to read.  :D
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @donnawicks My baby was pretty quiet during the A/S as well. I think it was naptime. I got a couple punches, a lazy wave, and he held his hands in front of his face as if to say "Stahp! I'm sleeping!" They got all the measurements, but I think that was the US tech's skill more than my baby cooperating.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • How far along are you? 
    22+6 today

How are you feeling?
    Tired.. I have been pretty lucky to be able to sleep a full night for most of the pregnancy so far, but the past couple of weeks I have been getting up at least once every night to go to the washroom. So it's finally starting for me.. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have the "but I can hold it" instinct, which just keeps me up for longer (ie if I would just get up right away and go to the washroom, I would probably fall back asleep faster than trying to sleep through it until morning).

Questions, Rants, Raves? 
    I got very mad at my DH yesterday because I kept asking him not to touch something (the sunglass holder in my car is broken, so we were trying to see if it's easy to take out and replace), but as usual he didn't listen and broke it even more! That's typical.. I was so upset, and even more upset that I couldn't express how upset I was.. And this morning I got up and he did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen for me after I went to bed :) That was a very nice surprise, since he did as good of a job as I would have (proof that he can do it right when he wants to!) So it's a rant that turns into a rave then?

Splashing in puddles! Or walking around in bare feet in puddles!

• @echo-charlietango
    We didn't go camping, per say, but sometimes we would go to the forest for the day, have some food by the fire, etc. But picking berries and mushrooms was definitely a highlight! 

• @ab_canada I wish I was getting up once a night to use the bathroom.  :D Pre-pregnancy,I was already getting up 2-3 times a night based on my small bladder and my diagnosed "frequent awakenings." Once I'm awake, I have to empty my bladder or else I just lay there awake... It hasn't gotten worse yet luckily, other than the initial falling asleep period.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @binxybaby @omnommer @morgantu thanks ladies makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one with a stubborn LO haha here's hoping she's active next week might have to go for a run Or something before hand wake her up
  • @donnawicks maybe drink a cold water immediately before the US? 
  • @scaredunprepared yea I'll try that too she seems to move alot if I have anything sweet so I'll pick up a cold sweet drink to have before I go