December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Checkin 7/30 for dates 12/1-12/8

Jens_HoesJens_Hoes member
edited July 2018 in December 2018 Moms
How far along are you? How are you feeling?

Any appointment updates?  

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? 

GTKY: 
If you could make a 20 second phone call to yourself at any point in your life past, present or future, when would you call and what would you say?

Re: Weekly Checkin 7/30 for dates 12/1-12/8

• Options
    kristah2kristah2 member
    edited July 2018
    22+1. Feeling pretty good. Moody and a lot of RLP lately. Also starving 24/7
    Any appointment updates?  
    Nothing until next Thursday. It'll be my last one with my GP before heading to my OB in Sept!
    Not much happening around here. We have set a timeline of 3 weeks to get DS's big boy room done and get him moved over then get the nursery done. I think it's ambitious so we will see!
    GTKY: 
    If you could make a 20 second phone call to yourself at any point in your life present or future, when would you call and what would you say?
    Past not an option? I'd call future me then and remind myself at how wonderful this time in my life is and that humble beginnings is what got me there. 
    ETA: Since past was added I would definitely call my past self to tell me that it gets better. That life is good and things will fall in place - just keep pushing through! 
  • Options
    @kristah2 I added the past to the GTKY.  I didn't even read it to realize it excluded that
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    21 weeks 6 days - feeling okay!

Any appointment updates?  
    Nothing until week 24.

Busy busy at work, so trying to get in a check in and a couple minutes of bump time before the day is lost to craziness!

GTKY: 
    If you could make a 20 second phone call to yourself at any point in your life past, present or future, when would you call and what would you say?
    This feels like cheating, but I would call future me how everything turned out and if she had any advice for me to make things even better. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? How are you feeling? 22 + 1. Large and uncomfortable.  Sleeping is getting harder.

Any appointment updates?  Nothing again until next Thursday for a regular fifteen minute appointment. I think they'll talk to me about the GD screening  :s

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? This is going to sound weird but, I can sort of see how people only have one child.  We are in such a good groove with naps, and independent play, and thinking about getting back into the chaos of newborn fog and craziness is not appealing.  But on the other hand, I see pictures of my DD when she was a few months old and she's just so snuggly. I almost wish I could have two babies as a result of one pregnancy but not twins lol I want both another girl and a boy, but I don't ever want to be pregnant again. 

GTKY: 
    If you could make a 20 second phone call to yourself at any point in your life past, present or future, when would you call and what would you say? My initial thought was to tell myself not to get back together with my college boyfriend and waste years of my life.  

@hkom how are you feeling about all the cervical complications? 
    @ab_canada what will you find out from the genetics appt? And such a good idea about the lottery! I'd def do that too  :p
  • Options
    @kristah2 +1 for being hungry ALL. THE. TIME!!! And GL with your son's room and his transition into it. Hoping things go smoothly for you!

@maureenmce I'm so glad to see that you're feeling okay this week - what a relief it must be for you!!

@ab_canada Wow - what a productive weekend! That's impressive!

@hkom Glad your appointment went well! Here's hoping things stay good through your 26-week appt and they don't have to make any changes.

22 weeks and 2 days! Feeling good, just wish I could sleep better!

Any appointment updates?  
    Next appointment is this Friday. Just a quick check-up, but it's the 1st time I'm meeting with an OB instead of a NP, so that should be exciting! I'm already coming up with a list of questions for her.

Rant: I'm very sad (and maybe, irrationally, upset) that TB app is no longer giving me daily updates about baby bean's size. How big is his palm/foot/head/etc. today???? I need to know! Lol! It was one of those things I looked forward to checking every morning, even if the progression didn't always make sense.

GTKY: 
    I would call me from about 2 years ago and tell me to stay hopeful about getting pregnant. After our first failed IVF (which was already after 2+ years of failed fertility treatments leading up that), I was in a very dark place and I was not emotionally or psychologically healthy. It was probably the worst period of my life. (Sorry for the depressing post. I would probably also like to have some winning lottery numbers, @ab_canada!!)
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I have a question for everyone due in this early Dec time period (and yes, this is me thinking WAY too far in advance, but I can't stop thinking about it) - if you celebrate Christmas, are you planning on getting a Christmas tree before delivery or after? I feel like I want to get it done and up for DD beforehand, but then I'm afraid of it dying by actual Christmas. (We had this happen one year! And we didn't even have a newborn or a toddler at the time, we just are kind of forgetful about watering, whoops.) I also wonder if decorating the tree with the bayb "helping" might be a nice bonding moment with DD and the baby, so...I'm completely torn. Thoughts? 

And yes, I realize it's not even August, lol.
  • Options
    @maureenmce I'm probably going to end up with a repeat section. If not I plan to be ready about a week before my due date. I want the tree up and decorated, house decorated, Christmas shipping done and gifts wrapped. You couldn't pay me to have to think about those things in the first 2-4 weeks of babies life.
    Fake tree FTW. 

And honestly, 2016 was DS's first Christmas and he was 2 months old and while I have a photo of him "putting an ornament on" it wasn't anything more special then last year. Every year when we decorate the tree he gets his own new special ornament to put on. I don't think I'll miss the magic of this baby helping and I'll still get a photo of her with her ornament. 
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    edited July 2018
    @Jens_Hoes I'm doing OK with it I guess.  I'm not, like, panicking or anything, but I'm still very scared.  It's never not on my mind.  It's just so frustrating because I don't have any risk factors for it, so we have no idea why it's happening.   Statistically speaking, it's probably going to be fine.  Baby will probably be early, I'm expecting it at this point, and that's OK.  I just hope everything holds out until at least 30 weeks.  He's measuring a little big, which is somewhat reassuring I guess.  And since we know what's going on, if I do start premature labor, we can rush to the hospital and they will know exactly what to do and hopefully they can stop it.  I'm just going to be holding my breath basically and hoping that nothing happens.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @maureenmce I've actually thought about this. So I'm due 12/2, and we (my mother, both SIL + family, MIL, and some of my one SIL's in laws) have a tradition of the Saturday after Thanksgiving going to a local tree farm and cutting down our Christmas tree.  So that would be 11/24 that I'd be doing that.  I went 10 days late and had to be induced last time around, so I think I'm going to just play it by ear.  If I feel good, I'll go and cut down a tree, probably a smaller one than usual. Although now that I think about it, I can't imagine I'll be watering the tree at 40 weeks pregnant/immediately postpartum, so it will probably die anyways lol
    So long story short, I plan on getting it before, decorating it that day, and being done
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @maureenmce  I've thought about this already too!  We usually don't decorate until at least the first Sunday of Advent, which is Dec 2 this year.  We always get a real, but cut tree from our big supermarket.  If I make it until that weekend, we will probably just wait to get the tree until after the baby is born.  The supermarket is close to the house, and one of my parents can help H go get it and bring it back.  The other decorations we'll just play by ear.  Lights may go up a little early since they are a hassle, everything else will probably just be piecemeal.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for the tree feedback, guys! I like the day after Thanksgiving idea. I am leaning toward get it done beforehand, assuming I still feel up to it, and if it dies, it dies, lol. 

@hkom I am so sorry you're having to deal with this cervix complication. I'm sure it's super scary and stressful. Sending you hugs. How often are they checking you?
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    Thanks @maureenmce !  I get checked weekly until 26 weeks.  After that I'm not sure.  I know my general appointments increase in frequency around then anyway.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @hkom Oh good, I'm glad they're keeping a super close eye on you. Hopefully that allows you to relax a little in between appointments. 
  • Options
    Hi Everyone!
    How far along? 21 + 4
    How are you feeling? Tired, but I stayed up late reading a book. Pregnancy wise I feel really good. I’m planning on running today, so tomorrow I’d tell you how sore I am.
    Appts/updates? No more appts until glucose test. I’ve already complained about how much I hate that. 
    Rant/Raves: I finally got hungry...but I’m really hungry all the time. I want a coconut ice cream. 
    20 second phone call? I’d probably give myself any kind of self confidence booster I could and show myself a snapshot of what my life looks like now. I worked really hard, made good and bad decisions, but doubted myself more than I should...if that makes sense. (Not smart enough, not cool enough, not as financially well off as others, etc.)
  • Options
    @maureenmce I love Christmas! No real tree though - two fakes ones, that makes up for it right?? We usually go with the weekend following Thanksgiving, but DD's birthday is on Black Friday this year. I'm aiming for the weekend before Turkey Day. 
  • Options
    21+2; Feeling ok for the most part. Sleeping at night is still a little rough when my hips hurt from sleeping on my sides. Also, I'm not too crazy about the vision changes I've been having for the past week or two. It's kind of hard to describe, but it feels like it temporarily distorts my vision. I have a couple eye floaters that I've had off and on before pregnancy,  but now it seems like they are there just about every day. I have called the nurses line vision issues a few weeks ago, but they didn't seem concerned since I wasn't at 28 weeks yet.

Any appointment updates?  
    Next appointment is on the 8th. Anxious to hear what my doctor thinks of the vision changes.

I guess you could say it's kind of a rant. I hate that we still don't have a house yet. We have liked in this two bedroom apartment for the past 7 years and have been wanting to move for awhile. After finding out I was pregnant put more pressure on that. Sure, we could just rearrange apartment and take everyone's out of the second bedroom (which is currently where we have our living room, which I know might sound kind of weird), but my husband doesn't want to move anything. So, it kind of bums me out alittle not being able to get a nursery ready. And who knows if we will manage to get a house before the baby arrives, so she will probably just be sleeping in a bassinet for her first month or two, which I guess is not really the end of the world.

GTKY: 
    Hmm, kind of a tough one. I would probably call my past self and tell myself to not get discouraged so easily, especially when it came to getting my degree. I would have gotten my degree so much sooner. 
  • Options
    @hkom I'm sorry you have to deal with the added stress of this cervix issue.  We are pretty close to the viability tipping point already (more than 90% of babies born after 26 weeks survive) so even if you deliver earlier than expected hopefully everything will be just fine.

@maureenmce We will skip a tree this year.  We always go away for Christmas anyway, so I'll just snag some baby Christmas tree photos elsewhere ;).

@ab_canada It seems like surgery for cleft lips/palates are so well done nowadays that you can't even tell afterwards.  It's still stressful to be going through all these genetic tests and to know your baby will have surgery early on though, so I'm sorry you are going through it.

20 + 4, feeling pretty good

Any appointment updates?  
    Next appointment is August 21.  That feels like forever, but pretty soon I'll be in there every 2 weeks.

Summer is going too fast.  I only have 3.5 weeks before classes start again.  I haven't gotten enough done and am not on track to do so.

GTKY: If you could make a 20 second phone call to yourself at any point in your life past, present or future, when would you call and what would you say?
    I'm not sure I would want to make a call to the past or future.  I'd be worried about affecting my life trajectory if I called the past and I don't think I want to know how things go in the future, just in case it's not well.  Although I do like @ab_canada lottery idea!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? How are you feeling? 22 weeks 3 days - 5 months!!! Feeling pretty good - sometimes super uncomfortable from her moving around or just my belly growing.

Any appointment updates?  Have an appt Thursday - think they’re checking heartbeat and some blood tests/diabetes test probably.

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Busy week! Also on Thursday I’m going to the football HOF game through my work. Always wanted to go so I am looking forward to that. Also my stepson goes back to his Mom’s (they live several states away) Saturday. We won’t see him again until Dec. 26 and his new sister will only be a few weeks old!

GTKY: 
    If you could make a 20 second phone call to yourself at any point in your life past, present or future, when would you call and what would you say? I would call myself at 21 and say - keep your head high girl. Your struggles will be well worth it and make you better and stronger because of it!
  • Options
    22+5, I feel good! Starting to really grow more.

Any appointment updates?  
    Nope, not right now. I didn't have an appointment other than A/S from 16-26 weeks because my nurse is an airhead sometimes & forgot to schedule one so I just didn't say anything. One less appointment, yay :D

Yessss @mag1cbeli3ver I really miss the daily facts! :(

GTKY: 
    I would probably call my future self and pass along some encouragement, love & reminders to focus on what's really important, not the little shit. Oh, and definitely give those lottery numbers!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @hkom I am exactly the same with my past. I would want to go back to tell myself that guy was no good, but would it alter things to the point where I wouldn't meet and marry DH? I still think it might have worked out though.

@ab_canada Yes. Lottery numbers. Great idea.

Tree discussion: DH has decided to create a new tradition (as of 2017) in which we put a fake tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving. Then, on Christmas Eve, we get a free tree from Kroger and haul that home and decorate it. Might be fun this year because we can take a very pregnant tree decoration and a newborn tree decoration photo.

How far along are you? How are you feeling?
    22+1 today. Baby is getting to be the size of some large and kind of terrifying foods. Also, a guinea pig hehe. I'm feeling pretty dandy overall. Acid reflux is a bish. I get some back and sacral pain, especially when I get up after having been seated for awhile. My bump feels like it's growing in waves. It expanded and now I'm getting used to the bigger size. I'm sure it'll have another growth spurt here in the next few weeks.

Any appointment updates?
    Yes! Finally! I had my anatomy scan yesterday and it went well! I actually found the ultrasound to be kind of boring compared to my first one at 9 weeks. You could see his whole body and him moving around a lot better when he was a tiny thing. Now, you're more focused on sections of him. He is healthy and 100% a boy lol. They did a partial 3D scan and I was a little disappointed that he doesn't really look like either of us yet. He has a very interesting nose. 

I met my new OB too! She seems nice and knowledgeable. I think I'll like her.

Although it's still a month away, I'm getting really excited to visit my family in Vegas. I know it'll be hotter than the surface of the sun, but I can't wait for my family to see my bump and gamble a little. Oooh...and hang out in my dad's pool. It's going to be so fun!

I did not realize the Bump stopped giving me facts. I knew something was different among my 4 apps, but I hadn't pinpointed what it was. Does anyone know why they did this?

GTKY: If you could make a 20 second phone call to yourself at any point in your life past, present or future, when would you call and what would you say?
    So many good answers already! I think, despite the potential risks, I would go back to college me and tell her a couple things: (1) stop dating that awful guy and enjoy yourself more! Date more and spend more time with friends! Also, take evolutionary psych because it seems really interesting! (2) major in speech pathology. It's going to be a much better fit for you long-term than psychology. 

I probably wouldn't marry DH and I wouldn't be pregnant with LO right now, which are both awful to think about, but I do think I'd be a stronger, happier person. In the end, though, everything worked out just fine and I'm happy.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave