March 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 7/30

2»

Re: Randoms w/o 7/30

• @ashley14598 i'm with you girl! and by the way - my local target got rid of their maternity section!!! i tried there today and they had nothing at all - it had been replace with more mens clothes!!!! i'm actually having that problem everywhere i go. there are no maternity sections short of macys, and macys had about 4 racks worth of clothes. guess i'll be online shopping quite a bit for the next 7 months... 
  • Loading the player...
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited August 2018
    @JLaVO888 Ditto! I'm up at the crack of dawn and asleep super early now lol

@ashley14598 Me too!! I'm already online browsing maternity clothes, but I feel paranoid buying any yet, since it's just "baby bloat" lol

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @indigoheightsblog oh no!!! They literally had like maybe 2-3 pairs of jeans, some shorts, a couple active wear pieces, and a few tops. You aren’t missing out on too much if it makes you feel better! However I did find some maternity clothes beside the baby sections of target and Kohl’s before so maybe check there as well :) Good Luck! 

@kristimh80 I get the bloat! I don’t remember this last time! I actually feel like my sweatpants are cutting into me in the evenings now! 
  • @navete I hate to be the one to tell you, but all newborns are ugly. It takes them a few months to be cute.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • meggyme said:
    @navete I hate to be the one to tell you, but all newborns are ugly. It takes them a few months to be cute.
    Hahah!! I think every newborn I have seen right in the hospital has looked odd lol I seriously though I was the only person that thought this bc it not something I would ever say out loud.
  • @JLaVO888-I was gbs+ for my first two deliveries, but took probiotics (after my doula recommended them) for my last two pregnancies and I wasn’t gbs+ for those. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @meggyme @bluebelle08 One of my friends actually exclaimed "that's the ugliest baby I've ever seen" when she saw a pic of my newborn nephew. When I politely pointed out I knew the baby, she doubled down on the insults, lol. She was not entirely wrong, but I was still mad as hell  :D. Fortunately, kiddo became adorably cute in a few months.
  • @navete That was a smart move!! Even without being preggo, it would take a lot for me to deal with that lol Enjoy your weekend relaxing and doing whatever you feel like :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited August 2018
    @navete I love that you googled that! Haha you will be so in love with your little alien the moment you lay eyes on it. 

@JLaVO888 You might be able to take natural antibiotics that don’t kill all the good bacteria. Check out grapefruit seed extract, grape seed oil, etc. They definitely work, but I’m not sure of the safety in pregnancy. Good luck, your past itchy experience sounds like torture!
  • @Jlavo888 8-9 months is a long time to be considered positive for an infection. I would hope they would be willing to retest closer to delivery.
  • My team at work is doing a volunteer event at a home for homeless, pregnant women tomorrow. The home is still being demolished/built for the women so we’re being asked to paint, scrap/sand walls, and tear out tile. Um... not sure how I’m playing this off without blowing up my spot. I want to help but I’d rather not go into the house. 
  • @christac1010 Maybe go for the tile or sanding and make sure that you are near a window and wear a dust mask or respirator. Or say you have allergies or something and the dust/fumes make it worse.
  • @christac1010 yikes! I would have to talk to my boss and if they don’t understand I’d be getting a note from the doctor. It’s probably way earlier than you were planning but I’m not sure how else to get around it. Maybe someone can be more creative than I am. 
  • While we (my mom and DS) were in target today we went to the maternity section. I began looking through the clearance and I noticed another lady looking for maternity clearance too. She however was in the “cute pregnant lady” stage and I immediately felt inadequate. Ugh! I can’t wait to get to the point where I can be “normal” aka not so exhausted, not keeping a secret, not nauseous all the time, oh first trimester pregnancy! 
    Totally me when I was pregnant with DD! I had a complete meltdown in Motherhood Maternity because everyone else in there was shopping with their baby bumps. I cried to DH that we needed to leave because I wasn't a cute pregnant woman that needed the clothes I was just fat. Kudos to him for talking me off the ledge that day and "convincing" me that I'd need the clothes.
  • @JLaVO888 I would definitely push to be retested closer to delivering. I was positive when I delivered DS and insisted the iv be unhooked between administrations of the antibiotics (which burned like heck and I may or may not have begged my nurse not to administer the last dose). So even if you’re positive again (fx not!) you should have the option to be unhooked at least part of the time.
  • @LElkCot I went in at 5cm and was progressing quickly so they wouldn’t let me walk at all becuase they wanted to get both rounds in before it was time for baby to come. 
  • How do people feel about starting product spotlight-type threads? Personally, I prefer if they start organically as people want to discuss cloth diapers or car seats or sleeping surfaces. Maybe a running list would be good in board organization, but I'm personally not a fan of scheduled weekly product spotlights because maybe a good sale is coming along or someone wants to get something earlier than it's scheduled to come up. 

Just my two cents. 
  • @JLaVO888 ugh, that’s frustrating. Hopefully this time the probiotics help and you just won’t have to worry about it.
  • Well here we go...seeing my in-laws tonight and DH can't seem to help himself he wants to tell them. I don't know when I want to tell them (we told them almost right after we found out with DD) but I wanted this to be our secret for a little longer than a week of knowing *sigh*

• @lovesclimbing I like the idea of a product(s) board. Being a 1st time mom, I have absolutely nothing, so it would be nice to see what works for others.

@HoneyBear40 Ugh, that's frustrating, but I get it. For our last transfer, we told non of DH's family. He's one of 6 and last time they were all up in our business. Some times a little time to yourself to enjoy it is nice. 9 months is a long time, so plenty of time to tell them in the near future for them to be excited. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @bdesterhouse it's always a worm...
  • @bdesterhouse thank you!!! That was incredible. 

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• Not to one up you... but I saw Bob Sagat last night in a small comedy club and it was incredible. 
    Have you thought about what your baby is living through? It sounds trippy but I keep thinking these existential thoughts about the other person inside of me and everything they will experience before they are even born.

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• @3rdtime_charmed Before I knew DS was in there my mom and I went on a cruise & to WDW. I wore a tank top with Minnie on it and her hands over her mouth right on my belly. I always say now that Minnie knew first and was keeping a secret for me. Silly I know! But I’ll never forget that trip ... got the BFP the day we got back.

@meggyme about the eggs ... that is wild to think about!!!
  • @meggyme that is crazy trippy!!!! when i was at the beyonce concert last week (for the brief amount of time i actually was there due to my cousin falling ill and having to leave) i began having this irrational panic - at concerts all the weed smokers tend to light up all at once.... i was getting big whiffs of it and i thought to myself "there's no way that if i'm not actually smoking and i'm only here for 2 hours anything substantial could happen to my baby. relax." it still freaked me out, though... and now i've been giving serious thought to "concerts while pregnant" - if only for my own sanity. i know it's a silly worry. i saw 3 pregnant people in my general vicinity... but for whatever reason, i was panicking. 
  • I had the craziest vivid dream last night - - my mom decided to get another master's (this would be her 4th) in fine arts + teaching, and I dropped her off with my dad but then decided to join the program cause it looked fun and was only a year (my grad school for Chinese medicine / acupuncture program was 3, but my undergrad was art), only I didn't have any supplies so one of the teachers said I could work on one of her paintings in the mean time. All the ideas I had to make it my own were rejected by the other teacher (my least favorite part of art school - - who are these people to judge my ideas and art!?!) so I decided to work on my own damn painting anyway and just used paper instead of canvas. On that note  I woke up with 2 ideas for paintings - the one that was 'the teachers' and the one that was mine.