Weekend Randoms • 7.28 & 7.29

NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Weekend Randoms • 7.28 & 7.29

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh. Didn't know where to put this, but I guess its random so this works. 

Decided to go outside this morning with DS to let him play. (Its been 106 here in North Texas lately and it was only about 90 this morning). 

I sat in our chair hammock that hangs from the ceiling on our porch. Well...it gave away and I fell HARD on my butt on the concrete. The pole hit my head. And good grief my butt and spine hurts from the impact. 

I haven't been able to stop crying because I am so worried about the baby. I'm 16w5d. I know baby should be protected well from the amniatic fluid. But I'm worried about the placenta and all. Geez that scared the crap out of me.  Can't decide if I should call the emergency line since it's the weekend or just wait and see if I start bleeding. I have a feeling that's what they would tell me to look for. (Based on google.) Great freaking start to my weekend.
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• @clbness I totally got DS bubbles and sidewalk chalk for our morning outside too! Haha. 

• hkomhkom member
    @Whitmore1027 Falling is scary no matter how far along you are! If it makes you feel any better, my cousin fell really hard on her butt, from standing so like a 3-4 ft drop, on some ice last year when she was almost full term.  Baby was totally fine! I think they told her that it you haven't hurt yourself significantly, then very likely the baby and everything around it is just fine!  I wouldnt feel bad about calling if it makes you feel better, though! Hopefully you're just a little sore! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @hkom Yeah, I am trying not to worry too much since I am doing okay. Just a little bruised. The fall was a good 3 feet since it's a bit high up. That's awesome that your cousin was okay! It's especially scary being full term. I have read some things that say if you are in your 2nd trimester and beyond that it's best to call, but I am barely into the 2nd so that's why I was worried. But I am going to go ahead and call the on-call physician just for better peace of mind. It's been about an hour, and no bleeding or cramping, so I am sure I am fine. I feel stupid for even risking sitting in the chair but it's so comfy and relaxing. haha

• hkomhkom member
    @Whitmore1027 Don't feel stupid!  Pretty much everything is at least a little risky when you're pregnant!  Hopefully the doctor can ease your worry! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @Whitmore1027 Bubbles and chalk for the win! It is so much cooler here this morning too...it’s a nice change. I’m so sorry about the fall and the worry it causes (I totally get it...PGAL brain), but so glad you’re not hurting. I’m glad you’re calling, it doesn’t hurt. I hope it can ease your mind! 

@hkom Thanks, I think she’s pretty damn cute! Ooh, the local farm sounds fun, we might have to find one nearby too.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @Whitmore1027 I’m glad you got some reassurance from the nurse. It’s so hard not to worry when you cannot see what’s going on.

AFM I’m “helping” my sister move out of her college apartment and into her first big girl apartment. By helping, I mean chasing DS around. I’m so tired...
  • @Whitmore1027 so glad you're feeling a little better about it. I'm sure it was scary! I lifted a box of books this morning (like an idiot) and momentarily freaked as well. Every little thing that we'd normally not think twice about are on the list of things we need to be careful about! 
    @katy0990 lol same with the projects here. I did the easy stuff I had planned on, now I'm at a loss for what giant thing to start and I'm already wiped! 
  • @morgantu So true! We don't think about some things. I have ran my belly into door knobs, car doors and counters so much as it's gotten bigger because I am not used to it poking out so much. It's kind of funny. haha!

• @PensiveCrayon lmao at the chin up one! I think it's time for me to make the switch to maternity undies soon, too 
  • @gorgeousariel Good luck with the bed transition tonight! We’re hoping to make the switch very soon too.

@Whitmore1027 I’m glad you got some reassurance! I tend to freak out every time DD throws an elbow or knee into my belly. I’ll be ready when I can feel this one move more regularly...built in reassurance.  :p 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @Whitmore1027 I understand the scare of a fall. I fell hard when I was 3rd tri with ds2. I didn’t hit my belly. The sidewalk was uneven and I tripped and caught myself, but it hurt and scared me. Luckily our bodies do a good job of protecting baby inside. Hopefully you feel better soon.
    @PensiveCrayon what kind of underwear? Link? I have old maternity underwear (from ds1) and wear them sometimes, but my complaint is they don’t stay up well if exercising (even though they are soft). 
  • @Activebaby Intimate Portal brand :flushed: Ridiculous name but so good! You can find them on Amazon. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @gorgeousariel good luck tonight!
    @PensiveCrayon I like the chin up one too  :D
    i don’t get the point of Maternity underwear. 

Afm just a regular weekend. I did a ton of cleaning today and I’m paying for it with back pain. I will probably take it easy tomorrow during DD naps. 
  • @gorgeousariel Good luck tonight!

Re: Belly bumps With DS, I was frantically cleaning prior to my induction (Rookie mistake. I should have said eff it and relaxed) and I ran into a cabinet handle. I had a huge scratch down the middle of my 40+ week pregnant belly. I felt so dumb since about 585 people commented about it at the hospital. 
  • @Whitmore1027 Oh wow, sorry you had such a scary fall! Glad the on call dr reassured you!!

AFM, just trying to finish a script for a short film I'm considering trying to direct before this LO is born. But that all depends on when I can finish the script/how good I think it is, so I'm mostly going to be devoting all free time to that until it's done! Also, working through some potty training setbacks with DD, so hopefully devoting some extra attention to that this weekend can get us back on the right track!
  • @gorgeousariel I’m glad she did well in her big bed! I hope your FIL is okay!
  • @gorgeousariel Ack! I hope he’s okay too!

Anniversary
  • @PensiveCrayon I actually never knew there was maternity underwear. That's so cool! I will have to look into that. I just wore my regular ones during my first pregnancy. Haha
    @gorgeousariel So glad your LO did well in the toddler bed! I am soo dreading that next stage. I am hoping to keep DS in a crib for at least another 6 months to 1 year! (He turns 2 next month).

• @Jens_Hoes (and @Whitmore1027) for me they’re a necessity. I tend to gain lot of weight while pregnant and the waistband of my regular underwear folds down...super annoying. I also like these because they have a wide gusset, which somehow makes them even more comfortable. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • futuremrshpfuturemrshp member
    edited July 2018
    What a weekend.  Hubby and I spent the weekend to see his mom, brother, SIL and niece.  There's always drama.  My MIL totally told his brother that we're having a girl (after I told my hubby not say anything for a while...they are extremey opinionated and pushy and I don't need all of that).  Then of course the next question was "What's her name going to be?"  I stepped in and said we hadn't even thought about it.  We all knew it was a lie (lies!  All lies!) but that's the one thing that's between me, DH and baby until she arrives.  Of course, MIL launches into this thing about how she and part of her culture should be honored (she's Korean, DH is half Korean, half white).  I just politely nodded and moved on.  This is all a continuation from our wedding where she felt she should have been honored more.  I tell you, there's always something.  
    DH admitted that he should have kept his powder dry with all of this news.  It's our first baby so we're both understandably excited but still.  Both of our families are easily excitable and need some drama to thrive on.  You can't give them good intel like this.  It'll never end!  LOLOLOL
    Me: 37  |  DH: 43
    Together since: 2009
    Married:  May 2015
    TTC Since:  Jan 2016

• @Katzalia So productive! Go you!

@CecilB93 Sorry you’re feeling guilty at all, but I’m sure YS is enjoying the targeted one-on-one time :heart:

Anniversary
  • @LLynde5 Good luck! It sounds like either way your family could be happy in the house!

@PensiveCrayon I love my maternity underwear! It’s so nice not trying to pull my regular panties up constantly and to avoid the panty line.
  • Thanks everyone! FIL felt fine most of the day but it started to come back at night so he went to the clinic. Everything was good and they are running some blood work. He slept on our couch again last night. This sounds like the classic anxiety attack and my DH went through this a couple years ago. He was put on beta blockers which helped but he eventually changed positions at work and that cut out the stress almost 100%. As for FIL, my MIL has been gone almost 3 weeks and on Sunday she told us her final plans for her trip and she will be back Tuesday. I think knowing she will be back soon and he hasn't  finished his "hunny do list" aka tile the back porch is stressing him out. MIL can be hard to be around sometimes. DH walked on eggshells growing up because he never knew what mood she was going to be in. 
  • @LLynde5 when will you find out about perfect house? So exciting/ stressful! But at least you know you have another great option. Good luck!  
  • We only gave them 24 hours.  I am not 100% sure if he sent it last night at 9:30 or was sending it first thing this morning.  I thought It was too late to send it last night but the realtor didn’t.  LOL

• @gorgeousariel I’m glad he seems to be okay, but I’m sorry he is under that much stress. She sounds like my mom. Dealing with someone like that takes a lot out of you.