GTKY Friday 7/27 — The Bump
Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY Friday 7/27

If you could live in any sitcom/tv show, which one would it be?

DS: 05.2017

#2 EDD: 09.2019

Re: GTKY Friday 7/27

• Friends or Gilmore Girls

DH (28) + Me (26) - May '15

TTC #1: Mar '16 | BFP: Jan '17 | DD: Sept '17 (41w)

TTC #2: May '18 | BFP: Jan '19 | CP: Jan '19 (4w+6d)

| BFP: May '19 | EDD: Jan '20

lillywonderlandkiki047
  • I agree, I think Friends.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

lillywonderlandmarebear15kiki047
  • Parks and Rec or Brooklyn Nine Nine or The Office.  Handsome, funny men seems to be my only requirement.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    lillywonderlandTJtheGoat
  • @mermaidca When @marebear15 said Gilmore Girls, I was going to say Parks & Rec :D

I will say Glow!
    August Siggy Challenge in spoiler

mermaidcalillywonderlandmarebear15
  • @meri-mac ;Never heard of Glow!, but I'll put it on the list after I finish Parks & Rec and New Girl!

I second @marebear15 for Friends/Gilmore Girls, but I'll also add in a How I Met Your Mother.

meri-macmarebear15kiki047
  • MRDCleMRDCle
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Friday Night Lights
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    lillywonderland
  • I'm thinking Modern Family. 

Me 30 DH 31
    MC 1/4/18 @ 21 weeks 
    CP 5/6/18 @ 5.5 weeks
    MC 6/22/18 @ 6.5 weeks

alexand-3kiki047lillywonderland
  • Call the Midwife because I wish I had been good enough at science to go to nursing school and become a nurse, plus I find nuns interesting. :)
    me: 35 / so: 40 *** ttc #1 7/2018
    meri-macmermaidcalillywonderland
  • @lilly91613 Yes! How I met Your Mother is good too.
    I also love The Office, but I would not want to be in it. Too much drama at work and I could not stand that boss.

DH (28) + Me (26) - May '15

TTC #1: Mar '16 | BFP: Jan '17 | DD: Sept '17 (41w)

TTC #2: May '18 | BFP: Jan '19 | CP: Jan '19 (4w+6d)

| BFP: May '19 | EDD: Jan '20

lillywonderland
  • Love Gilmore Girls, although a fantasy like Game of Thrones would be so epic just because of the magic and all.  I agree with @eleven_ though that it definitely wouldn't be a very peaceful place to live!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    lillywonderlandeleven_
  • @nomangos23 Yes! That would be fun! I'm voting Modern Family as well. 

@marebear15 ; Gilmour Girls is a great show and I always envied the mother/daughter bond they had, but I think all the chatter would drive me nuts! Friend is definitely my second choice :smile:

@whitealbum29 I am obsessed with that show right now...so, so good. And makes me so grateful for modern medicine! 
    lillywonderland
  • I would totally live in Gilmore Girls. That picturesque small town that’s always decorated for every season and everything always smells like a Yankee Candle. Every moment of my life would be highlighted by the chorus of “la la la laaaa la” that was always used in the show.
    TTC #1 V. 2.0 since April 2018
    Me: 35; PCOS w/regular cycles since losing 100+ lbs
    BFP - 10/25/18 - EDD 7/8/19

kiki047lillywonderlandmarebear15meri-mac
  • Whoa. I was just suuuuper passionate about that. Lol 

meri-mac
  • I would totally live in Gilmore Girls. That picturesque small town that’s always decorated for every season and everything always smells like a Yankee Candle. Every moment of my life would be highlighted by the chorus of “la la la laaaa la” that was always used in the show.
    Well, this is all very true. You've made a good argument. I'll move Gilmore Girls to my top 3.  :)
    lillywonderlandmeri-macliteratureandink
  • @ska8471 Yes, it's so fascinating! And scary to watch sometimes!

@literatureandink agree with @ska8471, you do make a strong case for Gilmore Girls. Anyone who doesn't swoon a little for that adorable town with the gazebo is probably not to be trusted. :D    I was never a big watcher when it was on but I kind of want to go back and watch the whole thing!
    me: 35 / so: 40 *** ttc #1 7/2018
    lillywonderlandmarebear15literatureandink
  • Another vote for Friends here. Second choice might be Full(er) House right now. Some days I feel like that's my life, just a revolving door of friends and family. Minus all the kids. 
    I grew up wanting to be a Halliwell sister from Charmed. When my bunny had babies I named them Prue, Piper, Paige and Phoebe. 

@marebear15 @meri-mac @lilly91613 @literatureandink @whitealbum29 I was always so envious of the mother/daughter relationship they had. My relationship with my mom was contentious for most of my life. We clashed on just about everything except our taste in TV shows, ha! 

Me: 32  MF: 36

TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS

Nov '18: Cycle monitoring, testing w/RE. SA - 19mil

Dec '18: Letrozole + TI - BFN

Jan '19: 30lb total weight loss since Aug '18. Natural monitored cycle + TI - BFN

Feb '19: Letrozole + TI, BFN

Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

May '19: Natural cycle. MF clocks in at 50lb weight loss since Jan '19.

lillywonderlandmarebear15meri-mac
  • @literatureandink I worked for a smaller Mom&Pop candle store/factory during HS and I can wholeheartedly assure you that it is the most awesome job ever.  I used to smell like candles when my Mom picked me up and she would always comment on how awesome I smelled. We also used to get free "second" candles - all the candles that had defects were free game to us and that could be from wrong color, incorrect wick placement, bad labeling, etc.  Plus, the owners were the sweetest couple ever. That was the best!

literatureandink
  • Either Arrow or Doctor Who
    meri-macmarebear15
  • @drewsdarlin, I totally forgot about Doctor Who!  I may have to change my vote.  But only if it's a season with David Tenent. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    meri-macdrewsdarlin
  • @lilly91613 Well that sounds like pure Heaven!

• Part of me wants to say Greys anatomy because I wish I took school more seriously and became a surgeon haha. but I think theirs too much horrible stuff always happening haha. 
    I'm gonna jump on the Girlmore Girls train haha. or pretty little liars, probably because I'm rewatching it yet again 
    kiki047marebear15
  • kels0091 said:
    Part of me wants to say Greys anatomy because I wish I took school more seriously and became a surgeon haha. but I think theirs too much horrible stuff always happening haha. 
    I'm gonna jump on the Girlmore Girls train haha. or pretty little liars, probably because I'm rewatching it yet again 
    I forgot about pretty little liars. 
    kels0091
  • @drewsdarlin I was thinking Dr. Who as well. 

• @drewsdarlin
    Right? I don't think I would want to have another crazy stalker like that haha but I love the town and how close the friends are.