Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 07/26

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 07/26

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: everything. Still taking vitex & b6. O no where to be found... but HIO!

R/R: just two days til vacation... I CAN DO IT!

CS/Q: 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Loading the player...
  • @meri-mac I do. I get little bits of nausea around O and then before AF
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @general_organa *from yesterday* If it were me, I would have taken a one day break and BD today especially with your impressive streak. Your timing may not be ideal if you have yet to O, but one day won't kill your chances. You both need time to recover :)

@chichiphin Woot! Vacay! Are you going anywhere or are you just going to relax at home?
  • @meri-mac Disney World :) adults only though. I'm super excited because we are doing the Safari Trek that is on foot/close up. DH is very excited. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• marebear15marebear15 member
    edited July 2018
    @chichiphin Vacation is so close! Hope you can concentrate until the weekend.

@meri-mac We have terrible humidity here and had to get a dehumidifier for our house. I dump out about a gallon and a half of water every other day. Mold still grows in the bathroom, but I haven't seen it anywhere else. And yes, I get nauseated every once in awhile when I ovulate. It's the weirdest feeling but not nearly as bad as it could be, lol.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, BBT, OPKs, CM, N&C

R/R:
    Rant: My sister is driving me crazy with this wedding that's being thrown together in 3 months. She doesn't have a car so me and my older sister have to drive her everywhere. Most of the necessary stuff has finally been completed except for finding a photographer. The wedding is 3 weeks out...talk about stress. Also, she's getting kicked out of the female college dorm and has no apartment  :| 
    Rave: I think I finally ovulated and it's earlier than last month, so FX for a longer LP!

CS/Q: 

• @marebear15 fx for that earlier O and longer LP! Also, your rant is giving me second-hand stress
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin That sounds like an awesome vacation! Enjoy!

@meri-mac I'm glad you guys are HIO in the heat. I don't know what I would do without refrigerated A/C! Our highs lately have been anywhere from 99F/37C to 106F/41C. Our saving grace is that we aren't in south Texas so not a much humidity as if we were closer to the gulf.

@marebear15 FX for a longer LP!

Month/Cycle: 13/14

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: BBT, Ava, OPK, Pre-seed, CM, Myo-Inositol

R/R: Most our family is very supportive about us moving to IUI next cycle and one feels like if all the tests came back normal then why intervene. It's so hard to explain to people who haven't been there before. My aunt thinks I just need to lose weight and keep waiting for it to happen naturally. But I don't want to wait, god forbid, another year or more just to get pregnant. I told her MH and I were going to talk about it and we'll make whatever decision we think is best for us. I was kind of stunned at her response. She's been one of the people I've confided in through this process because we haven't told the entire family we were trying. I really expected her to be supportive. It really made me question if we are "normal" according to the tests then am I being selfish? Or she even questioned that if it's not necessary according to tests then is the RE just trying to make money? I was baffled to even let that question cross my mind as to if a doctor would do something purely for money and not what is best for the patient. My mom, my step-mom, and DH parents were just like awesome, do IUI. Their position is hopefully it works and we won't have to go as far as IVF. I told DH last night that I may start telling people that I'm not asking for their opinion, we're just letting them know where we are in our journey.
    Sorry for the long rant.

CS/Q: no.
  • @chichiphin that sounds amazing! Have fun! 

@meri-mac what are you thinking about getting him? 

@thrgirlwhowaited sorry about your aunt. 

Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: HIO, temping, OPKs 

R/R: vacation is fun. Spending most of the time in the pool and going to a cave today. rave we are able to hio during this window. Rant, I forgot to pack our vitamins. 

CS /Q :

• @asupernovablizzardstorm I'm so glad you are enjoying your vacation! He likes having people over for board games so I might do a little digging to see if he has one in mind. He is also a regular gamer so there is always that option. I am mulling it over :)

@thrgirlwhowaited No need to apologize. That is what the rant section is for. It sucks that your aunt wasn't supportive. Maybe she will realize how out of line she was. I definitely agree about not asking for anyone's opinion. Hope your day is awesome to make up for crappy family <3
  • @thrgirlwhowaited I'm sorry for your aunts response but I'm glad everyone else is supportive. You're brave for letting people in on your journey like that though. I'm so afraid of criticism that only my DH, SIL and my doc know that we are trying. I have a mother who says I don't need children and should only have small dogs so no way in hell she's knowing until (hopefully) there is a preg announcement :|  
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @thrgirlwhowaited It's funny how one person's comments can throw you for a loop and affect you more than you'd think. The truth is, no one feels what you're going through other than you. Not even DH, but he feels it more than anyone else. The way I deal with unsettling comments is to acknowledge them, possibly thank them for their input, and dismiss. If YOU and dh feel good about IUI, then go for it. Because you've got everything that matters right there :smile:

Month/Cycle: 11/6

CD: 5 (benched)

WAYDTGKU: Things

R/R: I know I'm benched for a few months until doc can run one last test but am debating if I should still chart or not? It's a lot of work, as many of you ladies know, but it would probably be helpful to keep my eye on O day until we're ready to try again. 

And can we talk about being benched for a minute? WHY does this hurt to bad to take a break? I am not happy.

CS/Q: 
  • @thrgirlwhowaited - Your aunt needs to mind her own business! Don't let her opinion make you question your decision. You've thought through everything and you and YH are on the same page, so what does it matter what she thinks. Glad you have other supportive people you can surround yourself by.

@chichiphin - Seriously side-eyeing your mother right now. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't let her know either.

@nomangos23 - I don't know how hard it is to be benched because of your situation, but I can empathize with having to wait. I'd chart if you can handle it emotionally, because when you do start TTC again, you'd probably really love having that data at your fingertips.

• Thank you ladies.
    @chichiphin We didn't start telling anyone until we got to about 11 months of trying. I'm sorry you mom says things like that. There's too many people in the world who say hurtful things without realizing. 

@nomangos23 I'm happy that the conversation took place over text so I didn't have to worry about my facial expressions or vocal inflections. I just stopped responding after I said that DH and I would talk about it and do what we think is right for us.
  • @nomangos23 I'm sorry for the things you're going through right now and being benched.

@thrgirlwhowaited @marebear15 sometimes I feel like I brought this on myself, because I was staunchly no-child (and vocal about it) until last year. Long story short, a family tragedy happened and I really reassessed life and what I want and here I am. DH is SO excited though about my change of heart so his excitement helps buffer my mom's insensitivity.

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @asupernovablizzardstorm Yay for pool days. I haven't been in quite some time. Maybe I'll make DH go with me this weekend. 

@nomangos23 I'm sorry, I don't know why you are benched, but I think doing some temping to track O would still be good and it would make me feel productive at least. I know it's a lot of work. I would probably just do it until O is confirmed and then enjoy not temping for 2 weeks. What test are you waiting on?
  • @chichiphin two more days! So close!
    @meri-mac ughh the humidity. Thank heavens for AC or we'd be sleeping in the shower with the cold water running, lol. Big props to YH for HIO anyway! 
    @marebear15 I knew your sister's wedding was coming up quick but didn't know it was being planned on such a short timeline. No wonder you're stressed! Like chichiphin, it's also giving me sympathy-anxiety. Why such a rush if she's still in college and soon to be homeless? FX for your O date though! 
    @thrgirlwhowaited I'm so sorry for your Aunt's comments. You need to do what's best for you and YH, that's not for anyone else to decide for you. REs are there for a specific purpose - if you want to them for help TTC, they're going to do/suggest whatever they feel is necessary to help you get there. That's not necessarily a money-grab. 
    @asupernovablizzardstorm vacation sex is the best. Pool sounds lovely, but I think after that whole Thailand boys-stuck-in-cave ordeal, I'm gonna stay away from caves for a while. Even the big, cavernous, dry kinds. lol. 

Month/Cycle: 7/6

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT, CM, Vit C & D, Omega 3s, CoQ10, Ovasitol, HIO

R/R: Rant: I'm still on the grumpy train about HIO this week. SO finally admitted this morning that his back was sore, after snubbing me last night too. He knows I was pissed because as I was trying to get him going this morning he asked me to go let the dog out to poop. He's been trying to suck up to me ever since. 
    Rave: the people we bought the house from are just the nicest ever. They dropped by today with some stuff they found when they were unpacking that they thought might be useful to us. Who does that?! 

CS/Q: I woke up cold today. Nothing else to see. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 - My sister just graduated, but they are letting her stay in the dorms temporarily. They decided to get married because they realized he would be able to keep his scholarship and it would be cheaper to live together than to pay two separate rents. As soon as they got that info, they decided to get married before the school year started.
  • @meri-mac I actually noticed I got a little nauseous this last month. It did correlate around ovulation but I didn’t really make that connection until now. I need to get better about logging into my app so I can track that stuff too.  

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: PNV, nothing else this month since we’re benched 

R/R: I got back from the beach yesterday. I was trying to limit my phone time so I’m happy to be back! I went and helped my friend with her classroom today. It motivated me to start getting stuff ready for my own and try to be a little more creative with my decor this year. 

CS/Q: none 
  • @nomangos23 when I don't know what to say I offer hugs. Can I send you a hug today? I'm sorry hun. You're right, it does suck. Big time. When it comes to charting, I echo what the other ladies have said. It might be a lot of work right now but maybe you'll want that info in a few months when you're off the bench. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @chichiphin ooh lucky duck. Have so much fun!

@meri-mac I would be worthless. I get cranky when I’m hot and that doesn’t lend itself to friskiness  :D

@thrgirlwhowaited why anyone thinks their unsolicited opinion should be shared on any sensitive topic is beyond me. I’m glad you have the support of other people :)

@nomangos23 I dunno. I like the idea of more info and feeling like I’m doing something to help or even just pass the time but i can also see taking a brief mental break from it too. Do what feels right.

@nanner26 welcome back! What color did you choose for your pedicure?!

month/cycle: 3/3
    CD: 2
    WAYDTGKU: pnv, hio, starting opks this cycle
    R/R: third 11hr day in a row today. But tomorrow off! (Then working and on call Saturday, hubs leaving for 10 days Sunday... :( )
    CS/Q: what CD to start opks? I know they typically say CD10 but my cycles are VERY irregular and that seems far too early...thoughts welcome :)
  • @swiftlet I was half-asleep so maybe that helped :D He woke me up around midnight when it was cooler. Still insanely humid though. Yay for being off tomorrow! I am wishing I could take tomorrow off just to lay in the ocean. 
  • **lurking from TWW**

@nomangos23 I totally understand your feelings towards being benched. We have been benched on several cycles now, due to MH's job and him being shipped out last minute (navy). It is really tough on the heart when all you want to do is try and know that the time is just passing by. We may end up being benched again in September, yet to be determined by his job. It is totally out of my hands, so I get it. If you feel that continuing to chart and temp during this time would be beneficial to you, and wouldn't be hard on you emotionally, then do it. Otherwise take the break, mentally and physically. Just a PM away if you need to reach out. *hugs*
  • @Swiftlet Maybe find the earliest your O day has ever been and start testing 5 days earlier than that?
  • @chichiphin You’re so close!!!!  Enjoy Disney World!  How long are you going to be there?

@meri-mac Yay for HIO in crappy weather!  I hope he appreciates the gift you get him!  I have gotten a little bit nauseous around O before and I know there was a long ago grad that used to get it consistently.  Also, I’m not sure if you’ve mentioned this before, but I noticed you’ve been trying for well over the year mark now; do you have plans to go see an RE for testing or have you done any yet?

@marebear15 OMG, that’s insane!  I hope she’s able to find a photographer this close!  Also, just an FYI, if you O earlier, it does not mean that your LP will automatically be longer; your LP should stay about the same length so if you O early, your cycle would just be shorter.

@thrgirlwhowaited I’m so sorry you got that kind of response from your aunt.  Opening up to people has generally felt really good to me, but unfortunately it also allows people to be unintentionally insensitive.  I hope she can come to understand your position. 

@asupernovablizzardstorm Floating in a pool for most of the day sounds like absolute heaven!  Enjoy the day!

@nomangos23 I’m so sorry you have to be benched.  While I’ve never had to be benched for a medical reason, I can understand how frustrating it could be when all you want to do is try to fill the hole that’s in your heart and the doctors keep telling you to wait.  As for charting, if you are pretty certain that your cycles are back to normal then I would consider keeping track because it would be nice to have that data.

@kiki047 Sorry your SO is being kind of a butthead, I hope he finds a good way to make it up to you!  Also, you apparently not only bought your house with the most awesome realtor, but also from the coolest people ever! 

@nanner26 Good luck getting things together for your classroom!  When do you start back?

@Swiftlet The best day to start OPKs will vary based on your cycle.  Take the shortest cycle you’ve had, subtract 16 (the longest that an LP could possibly be) and start about 3-5 days before that.  Using your last cycle as an example, I would start around CD23 (44-16=28; 28-5=23). 

Month/Cycle: 26 months

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: clomid+IUI, PNV, BBT, CM, Mg, Vit D

R/R: Today is my Friday and I have a 4 day weekend to look forward to!!  DH and I are going to his parents for a slightly extended stay.  We’ll leave early-ish tomorrow and then come home on Monday so we’ll end up getting nearly an entire extra day out there.  I love my ILs and it’s always so peaceful out at their house…one of the advantages to living in the country :)

CS/Q: nope

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @Swiftlet I start OPK testing at CD 8 or 9, but I usually ovulate on CD 12 or 13, so that may not be helpful for your situation.

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: All the things...

R/R: Half asleep today, got up at the crack of dawn to go to the fertility clinic for testing before work. And now I'm falling asleep at my desk... But they got my results back in 3 hours! Now just waiting on the FI's tests. 

CS/Q: Does anyone know whether there could be another problematic cause of high AFC other than PCOS? I don't have that thankfully, but my AFC came back as 26, which they labelled as slightly high. My FSH and estradiol tests were both in the normal range and really good for 38. 
  • @lulu1180 yay for a 4 day weekend - I'm in Disney for 4.5 days but with a 4 day park hopper. 
    @Swiftlet almost to the day off! you got this. 
    @kiki047 thats sweet of the old homeowners :) 
    @nanner26 sounds so nice to disconnect for a while
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @lulu1180 *TW: nursing*
    My LP is shorter right now because I'm nursing my 10 month old. We've cut back on two nursing sessions, so I'm hoping that my LP will be longer than 9 days like it was last cycle. Gotta get above that 10 day mark!
  • @marebear15 Got it!  I just wanted to make sure that wasn't what you meant; I've seen people in the past make that assumption :).  I hope that change helps lengthen your LP!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • meri-macmeri-mac member
    edited July 2018
    @lulu1180 I am booked in for an initial assessment on August 1st. I am hoping our aggressive HIO plan will yield better results since I don't actually know when I O. In previous months, we would just use my app's FW as a guide, but obviously it hasn't worked. Edit to add: MH also had a SA done, but he hasn't had his appointment to discuss it with our doc yet.
  • nanner26nanner26 member
    edited July 2018
    @Swiftlet A really pretty shade of pink. I was super happy with it! Yay for a day off! Three 11 hour days sound intense. 

@lulu1180 The kids don’t start back till Sept. 1. So, I still have awhile to go thankfully. Sounds like a nice mini-vacay! Have fun!
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: CM/CP/BBT/FF/N&C/OPKs this cycle

R/R: AF is almost gone and I'm excited to start the OPKs because I have no idea what my body is doing and if I'm even Oing or not. 

I thought coming off bc was going to be hell, but I feel great. I have more energy, no PMS other than cravings and slight irritability. Also, no brain fog. I don't know if I'll ever go back on them - I just feel too good. 

CS/Q: nah.
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 18 according to Glow app

WAYDTGKU: Well just got my IUD (skyla) out Monday so that was an important first step :) . I'm using the Glow app but I assume it could take a couple months for my cycles to really be normal, to be able to tell about ovulation and for the app's predictions to really be useful. Have also been taking prenatals for two months and just got a BBT to help get a sense of things...

R/R: kind of fun that SO seems as excited as he does about starting to TTC. My dating life before I met him a few yrs ago was, ummm, a LOT of trial and error and it made it hard to imagine I would ever meet a guy who would actually get excited about having a baby! So feeling grateful for him as we get started. :) 

CS/Q: 

@meri-mac @marebear15 OMG the humidity is nuts here too this week! We live in a basement unit so it's nice and cool in the summer but also just....wet. I'm shocked we don't have mold, so far all of my clothes and basically everything else we own just feel damp. I'm obsessed with our dehumidifier!! I kind of have a sick fascination with watching it show the % humidity going down and with how much moisture it pulls out of the air, pretty sure we pour out a gallon of water every couple of days too.

@kiki047 That is really sweet about your house's old owners!

• @harrierwife the more I learn about BC the less I trust it. Especially if we want more than one kid (which we do). That’s great that you’re feeling good coming off BC. I’m pretty disappointed in myself that I didn’t do it sooner. 

TTC History:

• @harrierwife OMG coming off bc was great. *Tmi* I had no sex drive on bc for 5 years. I have no idea how dh got thru it. But coming off of it I actually enjoy hio with dh. 
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 we're in the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. 
  • @kiki047 - I'm there with you. I think its great for helping women with specific complaints or conditions, but I'm starting to question the widespread, thoughtless use of it. I considered myself to be pretty educated about female reproduction, but since coming off BC and learning about what's actually going on in my body, I realized that I know nothing. I personally blame BC - I was on total autopilot. I wish I had known all this stuff earlier. 

@asupernovablizzardstorm - RIGHT? 

@nmbrcrnchr1 -  I agree. I went on it at 18 when I got my first boyfriend, so it wasn't to help with my cycles or PMS. In fact, when I went off BC back in April after 14 years (!!) of being on it, I was nervous because I didn't remember what my cycles were like. In fact, I asked my GYN to go back in my file to see if I ever complained about PMS/irregularities. I just had no idea how blah I felt on it!

•  @kiki047 @harrierwife -- also agree about how BC is treated so casually...I wasn't on it for too long all in all, probably about 3 years cumulatively, and it was always to prevent pregnancy when I was in a serious relationship. But I know people who went on at 15 to "regulate" and they have no clue how their body actually runs! I knew a guy in college whose sister had gone on the pill as a teenager and he just assumed all women did the same, like it was a necessary thing to keep your periods under control. I've known so many women who did the same. Of course it's a great option if you need it for a specific condition, but it definitely feels like it's pushed on really young women.
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 I have nothing close to a ballpark for "when I've typically O'd" :D Hence the OPKs. But yes, I did get the cheapies so I'm planning to start them on CD12 and just expect to use like all 50 of them in once cycle, haha!