January 2019 Moms

PGAL check in 7/25

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?

5. GTKY: Do you re-read books?
TW

M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: PGAL check in 7/25

• dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited July 2018
    1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 16+1

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Still physically sick and tired. Mentally, ok today... will probably be nervous on Friday for my docs appt.

I have my 16 week this Friday and will have my 18 weeks anatomy scan in two weeks...EEEK!

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? No rants or raves... but just a mention... my already naturally huge boobs are hug-er and ITCHY!!! I guess from fast growth. Slathered down with shea butter today and its helped a lot... if you have itcy boobs, i can recommend shea butter!

HECK YEAH!! Old books are old friends. For me, when i sit down to re read its like having a great catch up with a buddy i haven't seen in a while :)
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 17+4, baby is the size of a pomegranate 

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? I’m doing okay physically. I’ve been cramping a bit but my midwife checked me out and said some people just get cramping so I shouldn’t worry since everything else looks fine. Mentally I’m anxious to feel some movement!

Nothing until our anatomy scan on 8/10

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? I have been sleeping like crap lately and I’m not sure if it’s back to school anxiety or general discomfort. Either way, I’m not a fan. 

Sometimes, if I really enjoyed the story or if i start to miss the characters. I think I’ve read the Harry Potter series 5 times because I miss them after a little while. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • DLpanda08  I think i re-read the HP series at LEAST once a year! :)
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?
    13w, arc reactor or lemon 

Physically mostly ok. I don't think this damn indigestion is going anywhere. Mentally better and like this is real. 

Nope. Next appt is Aug 6

What do y'all use for face wash? This stupid hormonal acne is driving me bonkers. 

Not unless I have a specific reason to do so. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @ladystout08 I don't have acne, but i LOVE all of the Tata Harper cleansers... I use regenerating and refreshing, but they have a clarifying and a purifying which might be good for that:
    https://www.tataharperskincare.com/shop-all/collections/facial-cleansers
  • I feel like my bump looks nothing like everyone else's.  I'm really trying to remind myself everyone is different and stm+  mom's pop earlier,  but even if the other FTMs have bumps.  I just look like I've gained a beer belly.  It's really making me freak out and wonder if he stopped growing.  My next appointment is next week and i'm really trying to remain calm but the HDBD thread is really making me spiral this morning
  • @dragonette505 ah two weeks until anatomy scan! How crazy. 

@DLpanda08 yikes back to school. I don’t even want to think those words. I still have 5ish weeks left I think. But I need to get a move on my planning. 

@galactickates I didn’t have a bump really at all at 16 weeks with DD. Like. Not even people who knew me would really notice that I looked different. I think the majority of us posting in HDBD are STM+ and that seems to make a huge difference. Hang in there. PGAL is really hard. 

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 16+3

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Physically I’m finallllly starting to feel human. I can eat normal food again like vegetables and fruit! And being able to eat normal food has helped the bloat. I have the normal second tri stuff now like awful headaches and RLP and unfortunately my carpal tunnel is almost bad enough to need braces again. Mentally I’m ok. It’s been 3 weeks since my last appointment when I heard the HB. Since I’m not really feeling movement yet I definitely get in my head. I had two really bad loss dreams last week. And to top it off I recently heard of a few people with 17w losses so I’m terrified there won’t be a heartbeat at my appointment next week. Despite all of that I’m doing pretty good at not driving myself crazy thinking about it all.

3. Any appointment updates? Nope! Checkup next week and anatomy scan 3 weeks after that. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? None

Almost never. With a couple of
    exceptions for absolute favorites like Harry Potter, but even that was only after like 15+ years since I initially started reading them.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• I feel like my bump looks nothing like everyone else's.  I'm really trying to remind myself everyone is different and stm+  mom's pop earlier,  but even if the other FTMs have bumps.  I just look like I've gained a beer belly.  It's really making me freak out and wonder if he stopped growing.  My next appointment is next week and i'm really trying to remain calm but the HDBD thread is really making me spiral this morning

Well you saw my reaction! I posted mine then went back to look at the pics... if I had not just used the Doppler last night (my dog was acting different so i thought maybe the baby was gone) i would for sure have been more concerned than even i was! 
    Do you have a Doppler? It can really help in these moments (at least it has helped me!)
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited July 2018
    @dragonette505 no I don't have one. I wasn't going to but maybe I should.  I just want to know he is ok
    Which doppler do you have?
  • @dragonette505 no I don't have one. I wasn't going to but maybe I should.  I just want to know he is ok
    Which doppler do you have?
    I know it makes some people more anxious, but it has helped me
    Baby Sound Amplifier with LCD for Home Use FDA Approved Heartbeat Sound Listening Tool
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D4HTWCC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • BitterBetty12  yeah.... the anatomy scan makes me nervous! I'm so jealous you can eat veggies!!! 
  • Hi Ladies, I've been MIA for a while and have been wanting to jump back in, so decided now was as good a time as any!

@dragonette505 I'm right with on the huge and itchy boobs.  I was also really busty to begin with and now it's just ridiculous.  I'm going to have to try the shae butter.  DH catches me randomly rubbing my palm over them to ease the itch and has been giving me funny looks!

@DLpanda08 That sucks about the cramping. I had it really bad for a good week and a half and my OB told me the same thing, some women just cramp.  She suggested getting a belly band, so I picked one up and it seems to be helping a little bit. 

@ladystout08 Before I was pregnant I had the worst acne, it's still there now, but actually much better.  I use an all-natural Canadian brand called Tiber River (at least I think it's Canadian).

@galactickates Sorry about the bump anxiety.  As if there wasn't already enough stuff to be worried about!

@BitterBetty12 Loss dreams suck! Sorry you had to go through that.  I've also heard of a 2nd tri losses lately and it freaks me out.  Hopefully we'll be feeling movement soon!

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?
    16+4. Avocado/can of soda.

Mentally, it really depends on the day.  We're still not telling anyone other than our immediate families just because we half expect something will go wrong.  I'm thinking once I can consistently feel baby move, maybe I'll be able to calm down a bit.  (That's what I thought after my nuchal scan, though, so we'll see.)
    Physically, I've been feeling better. Part of the reason I was MIA, is I just felt like absolute crap.  Nauseous all the time, throwing up every couple hours, and dealing with a never ending cold my DH gave me.  Now I'm only nauseous 40% of the time and throwing up every few days!

I had an OB appointment last week where we got to hear the heartbeat on the fetal doppler!  My next appointment won't be until the anatomy scan at the end of August.

DH's grandma is not doing well, she's been battling cancer for a while now and it sounds like she doesn't have much time left, like a few months at best.  My MIL wants us to tell her about the pregnancy, which I'm perfectly fine with me, but DH doesn't want to yet because then his grandma will tell every one else about it and he's worse off than me for anxiety.  On a happy note, I'm pretty positive I felt baby kick on Sunday, it was like three distinct taps, but there's been nothing since then, not even butterfly or fluttering like some others have said, so I'm trying to remain calm.

All the time!  I will only re-read series, though.  Stand alone books just never really leave me wanting to read them again.

• @ladystout I used pre-pregnancy cetaphil facewash and still use that some; and also use a face wipe (when I don’t feel like a full wash) that I got in a Bumpbox (shout out mom). 

@galactickates I think most of the people with bumps are STM+ I posted there but honestly with my body shape I’m not sure this isn’t just a slightly more exaggerated tummy than I usually have (like bloat) or an actual bump. As you said, everyone’s body is different. I know some people who didn’t show the entire pregnancy, and some who showed before their 1sttri was done and they felt forced into telling people they were pregnant pretty early. It’s hard, but try not to worry about it.

@bitterbetty12 So sorry you’re having those loss dreams and hearing about late losses LI’m sure the appointment next week will go well and will be thinking about you.

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?16 + 3, her palm is the size of an iPhone home button.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Have been feeling OK (other than insomnia) for a while, but then started getting really bad cramping last night that lasted into this morning, and now PGAL brain has me freaking out. Literally was at the doctors on Monday and considered calling today to see about getting in again this week to check. But, I have kept myself from doing that. Not sure what they can do anyway unless I get more symptoms. Cramping has stopped for now so trying not to worry about it.

A/S scheduled for 8/13 while my mom is visiting, which I’m pretty excited about 
    JNothing besides that.

Today is DH’s birthday. We’ve been together 15 years and I just can’t get over how awesome he is. We’re doing a paella making class together at a local Tapas place this weekend, and all he wanted to do tonight was get Chinese and watch Netflix with me (or maybe a little #netflixandchill too I hope) and I’m so happy about all of that.

Sometimes. I’m married to a librarian and we’re both avid book readers, so I usually feel like I have too many on my to-read list to spend time re-reading old books. But, I’d say I read 1-2 books a year I’ve read before and loved (Neverwhere or most other Neil Gaiman books, Wrinkle in Time representing the books I love but haven’t read in years just before a movie version comes out, Harry Potter because Harry Potter – I may have suggested to DH we name the kid Luna, followed by Tonks, last night).

Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @baileym9126 I’m sorry to hear about your grandmother. Losing a loved one is always hard, but especially so when you have to make decisions about when to tell people news like this. 

@galactickates try not to stress and compare bumps too much. I know it’s easier said than done, especially with PGAL brain, but every woman really is different. I’m pretty sure my bump is a combination of being fluffy prior to getting pregnant and being short. At 5’2 this kid has nowhere to go but out. 

@Kabazaba aww! Happy Birthday to your H! Your date night plans sound awesome!
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
  • baileym9126  I am normally a 32 FF so i had huge boobs to begin with too! The shea really helped today i only had one itchy moment so far. I cant image what they will look like full of milk! I hope y'all decide to tell his g-mom about the baby... i TOTALLY understand the anxiety (i still haven't told anyone who didn't know from the beginning) but i can just imagine how happy it would make her.
    ps... I'm a FTM but i ***THINK*** I felt baby flutters the other night (I'm still withholding judgement on it tho!) :)
    Kabazaba       omg with insomnia! I'm just sort of getting used to seeing some part of each hour of the night! But it kinda sux! OOO, my AS is just a few days before you!!! 
    14 size of a house mouse/lemon 

I have still been super anxious and I hate it!! 

I had my check up today only did Doppler so nothing too exciting.  Have my gender ultrasound on Saturday! So anxious for that. 

My doctor gave me paperwork for blood work for the beginnnkng of August.  I didn’t think anything of it and stuck it in the diaper bag.  When I got home I read over it and it said that it was an AFP screen for neural tube defects.  I figured it was routine until I flipped it over and on the back the box was checked for suspected CNS fetal abnormality.  I immediately called my DH and he offered to call and ask the doctors office about it.  The nurse he spoke to assured him it was routine and that I wasn’t at any elevated suspected risk.  Then why was that checked on the back!?!? I’m trying not to stress or think too much of it but it’s hard.  I haven’t had an ultrasound since eight weeks so I feel like that would even be too early to have seen anything possibly wrong!! I kind of wish I hadn’t even looked at the paperwork and just set it aside for later.. ugh! 
    I do re read some books but I have to have REALLY liked them to read them over!
    13+2
    Physically, much better this past week except for the headaches. Fatigue and nausea seem to be letting up. FINALLY
    Had my NT scan today. NT measurements look good and it looks like baby is a BOY!! DD is getting her wish for a little brother, lol. They also mentioned my bicornate uterus (again) and that I have a small SCH, which would explain the bleed I had at 10 weeks and the spotting I've been having for the past week. I have a regular OB appt on Friday. 
    none
    Yes. My weakness is Harry Potter (at least 10-12 times- basically every summer until I had DD) and the Hunger Games
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 14 weeks

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Still nauseous and very annoyed that it hasn't gone away yet. I'm also showing so much and none of my clothes fit. I need to get my maternity clothes out of the attic. Mentally, I feel ok most of the time. I'm tempted to listen to the heartbeat, but I don't want to freak myself out. 

August 7th with the MFM

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone worried about their older kid climbing on their stomach? I wonder how hard something has to be to hurt the baby. I haven't had any incidents yet, but I easily could. 

Only a few, but there are SO many books in the world to read! I go through about 3 new ones a month. I just finished Ken Follet's The Pillars of The Earth and then World Without End. Looong but so good. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @kns1988 my DS is constantly crawling all over me and I worry about it all the time!
  • @LCRbelle That bloodwork is 100% routine and always done at 16 weeks! What they checked off may have to do with a diagnosis code for insurance reasons. 

@kns1988 I finally got my DH to find my maternity clothes in the garage today after I tried to do it myself yesterday and lifted way too many heavy boxes. I have go wash them but I put some on today and felt instantly better. Maternriyclothes are so helpful in this period where your bump isn’t huge yet. They make me look pregnant instead of just extra chubby. 

Also sorry to everyone dealing with tough PGAL feelings this week. I think this is a really common time for it to be tough because we’re not consistently feeling baby yet and we haven’t had the anatomy scan. I did rest a bit easier after my a/s with DD when I knew she was most likely healthy and I was feeling her everyday. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• I'm super crampy right now and it's freaking me out. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @ladystout08 I swear our bodies talk to each other. I woke up with a low left side cramp and it has just continued all morning :( Trying to mentally chalk it up to my back/hip still hurting? 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• LCRbelle  I think those screenings ARE totally normal! I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure I'm getting checked for every darn thing possible.
    Mandamay1414  SCH can be so stressful... do they think it is shrinking? Congrats on a boy!! I feel like the majority of gals here are having boys :smile: 
    kns1988  I'm 16+2 and still nauseous, so unfortunately, it can linger :(:(
    BitterBetty12       I really do hope the AS gives us ALL some peace/reassurance.... we could definitely use it!!
    ladystout08       are these different than normal? I seem to get cramps due to too fully stomach or need to poo, but with my constipation its pretty frequent. When is your next check up?
  • wkuandrea said:
    @ladystout08 I swear our bodies talk to each other. I woke up with a low left side cramp and it has just continued all morning :( Trying to mentally chalk it up to my back/hip still hurting? 
    I also have to pee but I'm waiting until I leave for lunch so I can just go on my way out. Hoping it's that.
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @dragonette505 I did try out some shae butter later in the day, and it did seem to help!  I hope we decide to tell DH's grandma, too.  I know that he would feel terrible if something were to happen before we felt comfortable enough (our AS isn't until August 24th).  It's just too bad that as soon as we tell her, the whole extended family will know, too (she's not known for keeping things to herself, even when asked), but I guess our families have to find out at some point.  And as for the movement, I'm a FTM, too, so wasn't expecting to feel distinct taps so early.  Yay for the flutters, though! 

@LCRbelle I'm sorry about the paperwork giving you grief.  I'm sure it is just routine, like the nurse said. 

• ladystout08       i def get some sharp pains from having to pee! Ive been forcing myself to just go and not hold it because it does make me worry in the moment
    wkuandrea That sounds like round ligament pain to me... i def get those getting out of bed (and just a minute ago getting out of my office chair!)
  • baileym9126 I may start buttering before bed too, because around 4 this morning i got itchy again! lol and its harder to keep from scratching when youre half asleep!
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 17 weeks and a few days— pommegranite 

good on both fronts- still have to eat very regularly which I actually hate doing but otherwise the pukiness  and exhaustion are gone. Also I am constantly *in the mood* which is weird but I get no complaints lol 

anatomy scan 8/8! (But I already know it’s a boy... thanks DNA!)
    4. Rants/Raves/Questions? round ligament pain holy hell. If I try to turn over in bed or get up and twist it’s killer pain

generally no
  • @dragonette505 Not sure if it's shrinking.. this is the first scan they've mentioned it, so there is nothing to compare it to. I'll ask my OB about it tomorrow at my appt, but the tech didn't seem too worried about it 
  • Thanks ladies for helping me feel better! Stupid brain wouldn’t shut off but I’m feeling better now.  
    @ladystout08
    Ive has cramping off and on this whole pregnancy! It always makes me freak out..