January 2019 Moms

Weekly Ticker Change: EDD 1/15-1/21, w/o 7/24

Sorry I didn’t get this up yesterday, I was on a trip up to Chicago to see Hamilton! (So good!)

EDD?

Symptoms?

Upcoming appointments?

R/R/Q:

GTKY: What is one of your favorite quotes? (Inspirational or funny, whatever comes to mind!)

Re: Weekly Ticker Change: EDD 1/15-1/21, w/o 7/24

• EDD?
    Jan 21 - currently 14 + 2

Symptoms?
    Finally able to stay up past 8pm, but I am feeling all sorts of stretching feelings in my lower abdomen! Making room for baby!

Upcoming appointments?
    I joined the centering pregnancy group at my OB's office. First appointment is this Monday July 30. I am hoping that I will be able to meet at least a couple of ladies that I can see socially after baby is born.

R/R/Q:
    My OB doesn't do genetic testing for the gender unless your are high risk. So jealous of all of you who were able to find out early! I get to wait until my next ultrasound around 18-22 weeks. 

GTKY: What is one of your favorite quotes? (Inspirational or funny, whatever comes to mind!)
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • EDD? January 21

Symptoms? Cramping in my lower abdomen once in a blue. Sometimes I get congestion/runny nose, nosebleeds (ewww), and/or headaches on a bad day. But I got my energy back after my first trimester!

Upcoming appointments? I have one in three weeks, saw my little one bouncing around last week!

R/R/Q: Rave: I've been working on my gift registry for my little girl! (I took the blood test to find out early) So many cute outfits! Rant: As someone who loves summer, the heat isn't agreeing with my pregnancy and I feel sick! People are telling me I'm lucky I'm not in my third trimester during the summer, but late first and second is still annoying!

GTKY: What is one of your favorite quotes? (Inspirational or funny, whatever comes to mind!) Patience is a virtue lol
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD?
    1/21, 14+3

Symptoms?

still some lingering nausea and exhaustion 

Upcoming appointments?
    I have to reschedule, so I’m not sure. 

R/R/Q:
    Sorry for the triple post...we had our gender reveal last night and it’s another girl. That makes 3 girls! MH is worried about how we will pay for all of their weddings. 

I can’t really think of one right now. 
  • EDD?
    1/13/2019, 15+4

Symptoms?

overall still just feel like crap but only for half of the day as opposed to all day like in the 1st Tri....constipation and indigestion...my nausea has simmered down but it's still there.

Upcoming appointments?
    7/31 - 16 week early anatomy and quad screen done by my OB AND a 3 hour Glucose test (OB is skipping the 1 hour since I had gestational diabetes with my DD 3 yrs ago...and my sister also had GD with her pregnancy (he tested her early since i had it LOL)...guess high blood sugar runs in my family. 

R/R/Q:
    Did Materniti21 at 11 weeks due to my age (i'm 36, going to be 37) - it's a BOY!!!...what else does R/R/Q mean?

I didn't think my boobs can ever get this big and heavy - JeeGooDowster
  • greenhillgirlgreenhillgirl member
    edited July 2018
    EDD? 1/17 14+6

Symptoms?
    Rough week- was worried I have gestational diabetes actually. JeeGooDowster can you talk a little bit about your experience? But at this point I think I'm just having a rough few weeks and wasn't eating enough or enough protein. Eating a big protein breakfast and some more throughout the day is helping some, but still struggling. Never in my life have I struggled to eat before and now that I have an excuse I don't want much.

Upcoming appointments?
    8/6 anatomy scan on my birthday yay!

R/R/Q:
    Another manager in my dept just gave notice and my staff person is extra sucking right now and might get fired. Wish I had good work support. Making me extra tired.

Loretta Lynn
    “You've got to continue to grow, or you're just like last night's corn bread-stale and dry.”
  • EDD? 1/17 14+6

Symptoms?
    Rough week- was worried I have gestational diabetes actually. JeeGooDowster can you talk a little bit about your experience? But at this point I think I'm just having a rough few weeks and wasn't eating enough or enough protein. Eating a big protein breakfast and some more throughout the day is helping some, but still struggling. Never in my life have I struggled to eat before and now that I have an excuse I don't want much.

Upcoming appointments?
    8/6 anatomy scan on my birthday yay!

R/R/Q:
    Another manager in my dept just gave notice and my staff person is extra sucking right now and might get fired. Wish I had good work support. Making me extra tired.

Loretta Lynn
    “You've got to continue to grow, or you're just like last night's corn bread-stale and dry.”

@greenhillgirl

Do you have GD (Gestational Diabetes)?  Or still awaiting results?  

I had it with my first pregnancy - I kept failing the 1-hour and passing the 3-hour until 37 weeks when my blood sugars were higher than normal (it was in my urine and failed the 3-hour miserably).  They didn't have me do anything except watch my carbs and check my blood sugar in the morning and  2 hours after every meal.  I had a little needle kit and everything.  My DD was 6 lbs/10 oz.

My sister's was found at 20 weeks (the normal time when people find out) and she also didn't do anything except watch her carbs and had her check her blood in the morning and 2 hours after every meal...she barely looked pregnant until she delivered since she had to watch what she ate halfway through the pregnancy.  Her baby boy came out regular weight (almost 7 lbs).

I'm scared about this time around because i haven't been able to exercise as much because i'm lazy and feel like shit haha.  I hate to say this but i kinda sorta blame it on age!!  Also maybe the fact that i have to worry about a toddler running around and talking back and arguing about what she wants to wear today LOL....In my first pregnancy I was jogging until 4 months and after that worked out (light maternity workouts Suzanne Bowen is the best) at least 180 min/week...i only stopped around 37 weeks (it's definitely not a coincidence) and the exercise really controlled my blood sugar (if i didn't exercise, i probably would have had an earlier diagnoses of GD).

Anyways, sorry for the rambling...i hope I was able to help and give you some insight!! Let me know if you have any other questions!!
  • Thanks for the thoughts! Did you have symptoms before you were tested? I haven't been screened I guess cause my only risks would be age and weight. JeeGooDowster I've been really focusing on trying to eat higher protein and more frequently including a big breakfast and felt better the last few days. The reason I wondered to begin with was because last weekend I ate a cinnamon roll and got super shaky and felt very strange. Later I ate a bagel and had the same reaction. I've never had issues with blood sugar before so it was foreign to me. The fatigue, shakiness, diziness, some funny vision as I withdrew from caffeine, etc. made me nervous. I took Wednesday as a sick day and was giving myself til mid-day yesterday to call the doctor but I'm feeling better. I think I'm also just waiting to have a good 2nd trimester and haven't yet. 
  • @greenhillgirl

With my DD, I did not have any symptoms that i noticed and was actually surprised i had the GD diagnoses so late.

But i know what you mean about the shakiness and the dizziness.  I have that now on occasion (like once every 2 weeks or so)....I don't (at least i hope) think it has something to do with blood sugar and may have more to do with hormones??  Maybe it was a caffeine withdrawal? I also removed caffeine out of my diet this time around and i'm def alot more groggy and have funny vision etc. And like you said, i'm still waiting for the better 2nd trimester...NOPE still not here!! :neutral:   I haven't had the diagnoses yet but I'll keep you posted once i get my results.

Wish you all the best and hopefully the 2nd trimester gets better for your soon!!!!
  • EDD? January 19

Symptoms? 
    still very nauseous, tired easily but a littler better

Upcoming appointments? 
    sometime in August, don't remember at the moment. 

R/R/Q:
    my OB gave me some samples of diclegis, they worked for me and when I called to get a prescription it was an issue and ended up not being covered by my insurance...why in the heck would you have me try a med I will have to pay 400$ for?

so clique but "dream like you'll live forever, live like you'll die tomorrow"...I have a career, family, etc and I'm constantly dreaming!