November 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in w/o 7/25

This is a check in for those of us who are experiencing pregnancy after a loss (miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, stillbirth, child loss, to name a few). Hopefully we can all lend support to each other through the hormone-filled craziness that is pregnancy! Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 

4. Any appointment updates?

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 

GTKY: What books are you looking forward to sharing with your LO?

Re: PGAL Check-in w/o 7/25

• Options
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 
    24+5/ past all my milestones

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? 
    Contractions, headaches, so tired, already hard to get out of chairs

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 
    I'm ok, then I'm not. This pregnancy is so crazy already so freaking stressful. I'm so ready for baby to be here so I can (maybe) relax.

4. Any appointment updates?
    Went Tuesday and all was good. Got a surprise U/s which was nice. Baby boy is burrowing toward my back and it's killing me. He's still curled up tight and hasn't really stretched out at all. 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): Just waiting to hear if H got this job or not. Another higher up in the company is pushing for him to go to a different location, so I dunno if he will get this particular one or wait until the other opens. It's a little crazy right now. 

GTKY: What books are you looking forward to sharing with your LO? 
    I love the Giving Tree. D's lives books, but like to read them himself, maybe this baby will like to be read to. 
  • Options
    25+4

Right hip sciatica is awful. Irritable, hot.

All over. I was walking the dog, and pushing toddler in the stroller and the dog yanked me going after a bunny. I felt my back pull and immediately started freaking out about the baby. I’ve been anxious all day now, sitting here with the Doppler, listening and counting kicks. She seems to be ok for now but I told MH either he walks the dog everyday or hire a dog walker. He’s too strong and energetic for me right now. 

Before DD was born I started writing her letters/notes in a journal that I’ll one day give to her. A letter about how I felt when she was born, milestones, holiday memories, little things she does and says. Maybe I’ll give it to her when she turns 18, or gets married, or has a baby of her own. But I just started writing in one for this baby and im an emotional mess thinking about how much I already love her and how I’ll become a mom to 2 girls and do my best to raise them to be strong, capable, hopefully kind and smart women. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 23 weeks!

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Lower back pain and left side ache from sleeping on my left side.... I usually roll all night, so sticking on my left side has been a surprisingly difficult challenge!

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? I was good for the past month, but just weighted myself and noticed I lost 1 pound in 5 days...  Has anyone else lost weight? 

4. Any appointment updates? Had an excitingly positive anatomy scan! The tech was so amazing with us, went really slow and even told us "normal" after each of his scans (which i've heard is not the case in the States).  Could have backfired if something wasn't normal... but thankfully he is growing just as he should! We saw him yawn which, for some reason, made this pregnancy feel real!

My doctors however are not really saying much.  i'll go in once a month for a check up, they ask why I'm there, and then since i'm not having any issues and the ultrasounds are normal, they are like ok you are good.  I'm not looking for something to be wrong, but I guess I assumed there would be more questions or tests or at least an exam.   

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): The more I'm researching into a medivac option for getting me off my remote island into the capital city, the more I'm finding out its going to be super hard.  I've been told by my agency i'd have the service, but now I'm learning it takes about 8-10 hours to arrange for the flight. I'm just worried about going into preterm labor and being stuck on my island that has very low medical services. I'm flying back to the states at 31 weeks.... going to be a bit of  stress ball until then. 

GTKY: What books are you looking forward to sharing with your LO? Good night stories for rebel girls (even though we are having a boy)