Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Miscarried

This would have been my second child. My second pregnancy. We thought we were a lot farther along than we were. We thought we were at least 12 wks and our OB appt was for this week. So we told everyone. We were so excited. Then I had light bleeding that was brown on Friday and went into the ER. They did a pelvic exam, blood test, and ultrasound. Everything looked good, I saw the heart beat. Turns out we were just shy of 7 wks. They couldn't find anything wrong. So i got the ok to go home. I went back Saturday night with heavier bleeding. Both times I just knew in my heart of hearts this wasn't going to end well but everyone kept telling me to have more faith. They confirmed a miscarriage on late into Sunday morning. I'm human, and my spirit is crushed right now. My care team was amazing in the ER and so full of compassion. They said we could try again when I am healed and everything is back to normal but I am terrified of getting our hearts broken again. My husband is amazing and I know he isn't going anywhere. I've had amazing support and I have been reminding myself it's okay to be heartbroken and disappointed. I guess what I am looking her is normalcy. This is a topic that isn't really discussed in everyday life and it's a little lonely right now.

Re: Miscarried

• So sorry for your loss.  MC is a lonely place.  Take time to heal.   For me, with my first loss it took weeks for me to feel “normal” again.  I cried every day for weeks but then I started noticing that I could get through the day without crying.  I still have days that are bad but I am able to have my bad day and move forward the next.  Upcoming milestones are hard but they get easier.     The ladies on here are amazing.  Hopefully you find some needed support here.  When and if you are ready to try, the ladies on TTCAL board are also great and full of knowledge.  I wish you a speedy recovery 
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I loss mine at 6.5 weeks. I felt just like you are feeling now. You have an amazing supportive husband but inside you feel empty and alone. It takes time but it does get better.  I think it was about 2-3 weeks before I felt "normal". And there are some things that will make me still tear up. Its normal to go through all the emotions to. I remember one day I just felt so mad at the world. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. This may seem silly, but one thing that helped me with my first loss was buying a Christmas ornament for that baby. It feels special every year when I put it up, like I'm including that baby in our celebration. I will do it again for my most recent loss.