January 2019 Moms

Weekly Ticker Change: EDD January 1 - 7 (W/O 7/23)

2»

Re: Weekly Ticker Change: EDD January 1 - 7 (W/O 7/23)

• @lacroixliz my mom and SIL decided on a shower date for me and have already told me so I'm glad it's one thing I don't have to worry about, good luck!
  • When is everyone thinking of having their showers? I'm leaning towards the weekend before thanksgiving, because then my MIL could come (the in laws are visiting us for thanksgiving this year).  I'm a little concerned about having it so close to the holiday, but most of our guest list will be local, so I think it would work. 

• Loading the player...
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    @AshVA Since this is our second, I really didn't want a shower but a few friends really want to do something so I think we settled on having a party/celebration at the house with good food and no mention of gifts at all. But we will probably look at early December simply because November is packed for us (my mom's wedding on Nov. 3, Veteran's Day Parade I volunteer at on Nov. 10, friend's wedding on November 17, then Thanksgiving).

I always recommend to friends to do showers at least 2 months before the baby is born. It gives you plenty of time afterwards to get the items you would still need but didn't receive at the shower. Especially with these babies coming in January, if people want to get you something at Christmas, you may have an item you can tell them about.l
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @AshVA
    My SILs are planning my shower for the end of October. I'm due Jan 2nd, so I think it's good timing. Far enough from the major holidays, early enough before crazy Canadian winter, and enough time to spare for me to get anything I don't receive as a gift.
  • I’m trying to have my family shower and my work shower towards the end of October too. I’ll be entering the third trimester towards the beginning of October so having showers that month seems to make sense. I don’t want to be huge and uncomfortable while trying to celebrate with people and I don’t want to have to scramble to get anything we didn’t receive as a gift during Christmas shopping insanity. I haven’t been shopping between thanksgiving and Christmas in years and I don’t intend to break that streak while I’m hugely pregnant. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thanks for tagging me, I suck at remembering to post in this thread!

EDD? Jan 7, 2019

Symptoms?
    Still nausea in the AMs, triggered by teeth brushing; Heartburn like a wildfire in my chest; Indigestion; Skin breakouts; Emotional/Short-fused; Getting rounder but no weight gain; My appetite slowly returning

Upcoming appointments? 
    I had one this past Tues (7/24) for non-sonogram checkup...heard the heartbeat and did a bit more bloodwork for the Spina Bifida screening.  Next appt is 20 week scan at the end of Aug! :D 

R/R/Q: 
    Rave: Even through my chubby belly I can feel where my uterus is and where its getting harder/larger. So exciting! I can't wait to start to feel kiddo moving, but am trying not to look for it...feels like how it was in the TWW when I was symptom spotting!

GTKY (borrowed from some of the other weeks’ check-ins last week!): 
    What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it?  Hmm I love the name Jordan for a boy or a girl...but my wife's friend's name is Jordan (no....NOT my friend  >:) ) so it's really that neither of us want to use it.  We are going with the initials MJ and probably Max Joshua.  It's more the fact that we know and/or dislike so many people whose names contain those initials that we don't want to use them.  She vetoed a few of mine but I vetoed a few of hers too.  Like her choice M name of Massimo....what is this, the Godfather?!? :P

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @AshVA we're having ours Oct 13th. I'm hoping it will be early enough in the month that we'll still have nine weather and also lots of time to buy what we need - hopefully during black Friday!
  • @AshVA Our shower is Nov 3.  We have a few other pregnant friends and we needed to coordinate showers through Oct/Nov. So many baby playdates!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• oh boy you guys are really on top of your showers! My mom is the type of person to plan it like two weeks in advance but I'm trying not to let it stress me out..
  • edited July 2018
    @AshVA my sister is flying in and throwing me a shower on Nov 3rd. Looking forward to having it before the crazy scheduling of the holidays. Didn’t want to do it the last weekend of October because of Halloween parties. 

edit add:

speaking of showers... Question for the group. My closest friends all live in other states. Do I have my sister send them an invite to the shower? I don’t want it to seem like I’m being greedy and asking for gifts. How big of a circle do you invite? I have very few friends locally and no family. 
  • @alexandraseattle I would say send them an invite anyway. They may not be able to be there in person, but they could always FaceTime or Skype for part of it. I don’t think an invitation comes across as greedy at all unless you specifically ask for things on the invite itself (bring a book, bring diapers, etc). Showers are supposed to be for celebrating your baby and that is something your close friends definitely want to be included in!
    married 7.11.09
  • That's a great idea,  @DLpanda08.  I've been wondering about that for some remote friends/ family that I know won't be able to make it in person. If their invite mentions a Skype option, it'll show a more sincere interest in them still participating somehow. Thanks!

• @AshVA my shower is 10/14. My son wasn't due until Feb 17 last time and because of the holidays my family threw my shower Mid-Nov but my in-laws planned one for Jan, 1 month before my due date.  Needless to say, I only had 2 weeks to get stuff done after my Nov shower before I was admitted to the hospital and my son attended the second shower so I think everyone is too worried to plan them too late now!
  • I don't have a specific date for a shower yet but mine and DH's families have to coordinate because most likely they will each throw one. Our families are concentrated in separate cities that are 2-3 hours drive from each other (and 4 and 2 hours from where we live), so it's just easier for guests to have two. But they are looking at sometime in November for dates. I also want to get them done before the holidays but one might end up being Thanksgiving weekend since we'll already be traveling to visit.

I know it's early to think about this, but is anyone else having to rethink their Christmas travel plans? We usually spend most of the week between Christmas and New Year visiting family, but DH is concerned that I'll go into labor while we're there. It was something that hadn't even crossed my mind until he brought it up.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    @Ghostie625 oh yes, Christmas plans are a hot topic around here. I have traveled out to California (I'm in Texas) to spend Christmas with my family every year my whole life. Obviously we can't do that this year. My parents and siblings offered to come to me but I also don't think I will be up for hosting a boat load of family that close to my due date. We discussed going to California for Thanksgiving instead and just laying low for Christmas this year but haven't made a decision yet. 
  • @Ghostie625 Not Christmas, but we definitely adjusted our Thanksgiving plans. We always spend Thanksgiving with my in laws, then Christmas locally with my family. I'm not flying this Thanksgiving though, so we're spending that with my family as well.  I'm pretty excited about it- our holiday split makes sense for us, but I'm  really looking forward to my first Thanksgiving with my side of the family in ~7-8 years. 

• @Ghostie625 being due around Christmas is actually making my life easier since nobody can guilt me about traveling. DH’s family is 4.5 hours away (without traffic) and their house is an hour away from the nearest hospital (which is crappy), so we will likely spend thanksgiving and Christmas here with my family instead of doing one with my family and one with DH’s family like usual. If MIL wants to come up here she is welcome, but I doubt she will since she’s saving her time off for when the baby gets here and for the baptism a few weeks later.
    married 7.11.09
  • tosh24tosh24 member
    We spend Christmas with my family locally every year so that won't change. If it's at my grandmother's house, it's only 15 min from me and if at my mom's house it's 45 min, but both are only 15-30 min from a hospital so no real worries. DH's family lives 8 hours away so we usually visit for a few days between Christmas and New Year's. We won't be going this year, obviously. Both my kids came spontaneously on their own at 38 weeks so I'm guessing I'm "at risk" of labour from Christmas Eve onward. I'm looking forward to a low key holiday this year.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• I can't believe so many of you have shower plans already! That's great... I haven't even decided if I'm going to have a shower yet (a couple people have offered to throw us a shower, but we live in a city we moved to 8 years ago with no family here and only a handful of really close friends), let alone done a registry, etc. But, I'm starting to feel like I'm behind in a lot of ways. Finally putting some pregnancy/baby books on my library list, and trying to decide in August how we'll do the kid's room.
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Ah I hope we do a shower thread when the time comes! I’m excited to see everyone’s! STM means no shower here (and I really don’t need one even if I did want one - we were really fortunate the first time around and have so much stuff).

@Kabazaba I didn’t really start thinking about my shower until after much anatomy scan with DD! You have plenty of time if you decide to have one! I think a registry is a good idea either way because there will be people who want to get you things even if you don’t have a shower and will ask for a registry!
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• We usually fly to California over one of the holidays to spend with DH’s family. Once we found out we were pregnant we decided to go in September instead. DH’s family might come to us, but otherwise we will spend holidays with my parents who are an hour away. Not sure what we will do for Christmas because it’s in the plausible time LO could come. We will probably have family come to us. 
  • We also won’t be traveling for the holidays this year. My parents are a 3 hour plane ride away and my in laws are a 6 hour plane ride. We will be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas at home with friends. It will be the first time I’ve not traveled for either holiday in almost 15 years! 
  • I’m thankful that my family is all in NJ with me. But we typically go to 3-4 different places on holidays, and being that I’ll hopefully be 38 weeks pregnant and days away from a c section, I’m pretty sure we’re going to have to taper that down. I’m thinking whoever wants to come see DD open her presents can come here in the morning, and then we’ll maybe go one place for dinner. 
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• @BitterBetty12 yes to having so many places to go! We have 4 plus our own so it's crazy. Eveyone lives within a half hour of us. Sometimes I feel like it's harder to say no because we aren't far apart at all. I really am grateful to have so much family around (moatly DHs family) bit holidays make it to hard. This year LO could come around 12/21 or after so there's a good possibility I'll be in the hospital for Christmas. 
  • Our ILs are 4 hours away and we normally spend Thanksgiving there and xmas with my family.   I said I'm not traveling period after our trip to Yellowstone.  I did tell my H and my MIL that my ILs are welcome to come down here anytime they want though. So we'll see how the holidays shake out. 
  • @gorgeousariel same to not being able to say no. We’ve even cut down on the number of places we go since we got married (we used to do my moms, my dads, DHs parents, my aunts, my grandmothers, and one person on DHs side. Plus Christmas Eve with DHs dads family). Now we just do the 3 bigger dinners typically. I have always been a stickler for tradition so it’s hard for me to let go.
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• My husband and I are still shaking out who goes where for the holidays. Last year was the first year we even spent Christmas together. We went to my parents' house (45 minutes away) on the 23rd and slept over, then went to his parents' on Christmas Eve and slept over (also 45 minutes away but in the opposite direction), and then drove down to my uncle's house for Christmas Day (2 hours away). 

I definitely plan on cutting out the trip to my uncle's house. It will be sad to not spend it with my family but I have a feeling I'm not gonna wanna make that drive. We'll still see both our families at some point. But I'll probably push to cut out the overnight at his parents' house because we have to sleep on a super uncomfortable pull out couch in their attic which is not my fave.
  • The only reason I've been so on top of choosing shower dates is because DH and I sat down to pick a Saturday for childbirth class and there was only ONE that worked for both of us. We have a super busy fall (DH is running in a local political race) so between that and holidays, our weekends are pretty full. My traditional female only shower will be 11/10 and then we're doing a couples shower / party on 11/17. I'm not thrilled to have them two weekends in a row (I don't like being the center of attention) but it really was the only two weekends that worked.

No holiday plans have been made. Most all of our family is out of town and seeing them at the showers may just qualify for holiday time as well. I'm doing my best to not over schedule / over commit myself.
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker