Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 7/18

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: TWW Wednesday 7/18

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 24/6

Timing: -5 -3 -2 -1

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: I misspoke yesterday, I want to test on 10DPO which will be on Sunday. I counted my days wrong yesterday and said I would test on Saturday.

R/R: I rearranged furniture yesterday and it felt good! My new furniture will be here next week and I can't wait. The living room will feel much more open.

CS/Q: I woke up an hour and a half before my temping alarm so idk how accurate my temp is this morning. My temps are still pretty low, lower than in previous TWW. Again, not feeling too hopeful. I need to have a talk with DH tonight to let him know things aren't looking good for this cycle. I don't want to do it though because I know he'll feel bad and probably blame himself. Or should I wait a few more days? I for sure want to tell him before I test on Sunday.
  • @luckywife10 I'm sorry you're feeling out already this cycle.  I always just told DH the day I got my period because no matter how much you just don't feel it, I've seen plenty of people on here surprised before.  

Month/Cycle: 26 months

CD/DPO: 20/10

Timing: -5, -4, -2, O

Typical LP length: 15 days

Testing: nope

R/R: I realized this morning that my period is due in less than a week and that we'll be starting an IUI cycle.  Not gonna lie, I'm kind of freaking out about that.  And trying to figure out exactly how we got to this point.
    Rave: It's only going to be mid-70s here today!  I'm so happy about that and am planning on attempting to go for a run this evening to take advantage of it!

CS/Q: no

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 23/10

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 13/14 days

Testing: I caved and tested today, BFN. 

R/R: I knew I shouldn’t have tested this morning and it has just put me in a mood. I had a good time with my mom and sister last night getting our pedicure. We went to dinner and a movie as well. Oceans 8 is pretty good if you’re looking for a girls night out. 

CS/Q: None
  • jessg2223jessg2223 member
    edited July 2018
    @luckywife10 Sorry your feeling out this cycle, its still early though so maybe try and distract yourself for a few days then discuss?
    @lulu1180 Have fun with the run, I'm going to try for one later too!
    @nanner26 Glad you had a good night out with your mom and sister, fx that it's just too early.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 25/9 

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 14ish

Testing: Waiting until the weekend

R/R: Weather was amazing this morning, temperature dropped to the high 70s without humidity! Should of gone for a run, but hopefully it won't be too hot in the evening and I'll do it then. I listened to a podcast on the TWW last week and it focused on viewing the TTW as the potential last chance to do things you wouldn't/might not feel up to doing when pregnant. It helped me change my perspective this cycle and has made the wait more enjoyable. 

CS/Q: Finally got crosshairs on FF, first month temping...so there's that. Chart in spoiler, I adjusted my DPO to reflect FF.

• @jessg2223 your spoiler isn't working!! 
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 24/10

Timing: well-timed

Typical LP length: 7/9 days

Testing: WFAF or DPO 14, whichever comes first

R/R: Rave: I went to a "Bad Art Night" event at my local library with a friend last night. It was a lot of fun digging into craft supplies and trying to create the worst piece of art possible. Adults only, so it was super chill. My friend came in second place! Her piece was titled "CAT". The best part was leaving behind the massive pile of disorganized, messy craft supplies and going home to my clean house. Definitely helped me get out of my funk yesterday. I'm feeling grateful my LP seems to be on the longer side this cycle, even if AF ultimately makes an appearance. I hope that means my LPs are starting to lengthen and normalize.

CS/Q: I don't use FF, so this weekend I'm going to figure out how to post my Flo app charts. Temp slightly rebounded upward again this morning.
  • @yooosara Hmm, it works for me, first time using the spoiler feature, I selected it under the format tab then copied my chart. Did I miss something?
  • @jessg2223 What I think @yooosara meant was that your link/screenshot of your chart in the spoiler isn't showing up.  It looks like this on our side

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • @luckywife10 I dunno re: telling YH. Sure, I get the head's up, but like @lulu1180 said, people can definitely be surprised in a good way too :)

@lulu1180 I can only imagine how overwhelming that must feel. I hope that everything goes smoothly for you - or maybe that you won't even need the IUI with your awesome timing? Wouldn't that be great :smile: 

@nanner26 Ugh, sorry for the BFN :(

@jessg2223 What a great new perpsective! Thanks for sharing :)

@loveanddatadriven Bad art night sounds AMAZING - I googled for the same in my area and nothing came up, darn! Keeping my fx tight for you!

Month/Cycle: 3/2
    CD/DPO: 38/?
    Timing: who the heck knows anymore!
    Typical LP length: ?
    Testing: Tested again this AM - BFN. I think I'm just punishing myself at this point.
    R/R: I dunno. If I ovulated when Clue thinks I did, I should be 11dpo today and according to the Countdown to Pregnancy DPO test percentage chart thing, 80% of people should have a positive at this point. I think I'll give it til Sunday for real this time and then just WFAF. My earlier optimism is definitely dwindling. I think I'll need to buy some OPKs for next cycle since they're apparently going to continue to be all over the place/unpredictable. The rave is that it's actually pretty nice out this afternoon and I'm going hiking damnit! ;)

• @loveanddatadriven I officially need to host a bad art night. that sounds like a great time.

Month/Cycle: 1/1
    CD/DPO: 24/7
    Timing: -5, -3, 0
    Typical LP length: no idea
    Testing: I am thinking about testing on Monday. 
    R/R: Not a lot of optimism this cycle. My temp has been higher than normal but no idea if that is good or bad. 
    Rave--DH planned an awesome day kayaking and exploring in a little town north of us. 
  • @luckywife10 I'm sorry you're feeling out this cycle :( as far as telling DH before AF, I give my DH a running commentary of how I think things are going daily for the whole TWW. Then he gets his opportunity to see that I'm just swinging around on a pendulum and he can also chime in on what he thinks. Usually he adds comic relief with flattering SSing ("your boobs look bigger...") So I think there are lots of ways to do it.

@lulu1180 FX for you this cycle! If you end up doing IUI, hopefully it will feel like a relief to try something new.

@nanner26 sorry about your BFN. Hopefully it was just too early to tell.

@jessg2223 Yes! I love the idea of savoring your last nonpregnant days.

@mrs-howard hosting your own bad art night sounds like a great idea! It sounds like a good way to consume art supplies that you wish would disappear from your home.

Also, higher temp is a good sign unless you have a fever :) don't count yourself out.

@Swiftlet when/if you're ready for OPKs, I've had great success with the internet cheapies: Easy@Home. 
  • @loveanddatadriven Thanks for the recommendation :) I'm a little nervous with that style versus the fancier +/- or smiley face ones but I guess you kind of get a feel for reading them after a couple? The idea is that your sample line should be as dark or darker than the control line, right?
  • @Swiftlet Yes, that's right. They don't work great for everyone. I don't sweat whether it's as dark or darker or not... Too much TTC psychology to complicate the decision. If the test line looks dark, I count it. You can always take a picture with your phone and play with the brightness settings to see which line disappears first.
  • @lulu1180 @jessg2223 @loveanddatadriven @Swiftlet thanks for the advice/thoughts. I think I'll wait until 10DPO when I test to let H know what's up.

@nanner26 sorry about the BFN. I've been meaning to see Ocean's 8, glad to hear it's worth seeing!