December 2018 Moms

Week of 7.16 Check In (EDD 12.24-12.31+)

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What are your go to lunch ideas? 

Re: Week of 7.16 Check In (EDD 12.24-12.31+)

• How far along are you? How big is baby?

16 weeks, 1 day, so the size of an avocado 

I am feeling pretty good. I’m still having some back pain, but the headaches seem to be getting much better!

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Now that we moved DS into his big boy room and the nursery is empty, it’s really hitting me that we will have 2 kiddos soon!

I am really struggling with the no lunch meat thing. I have been leaning on unhealthy options like macaroni and cheese and chicken patties. 

• Loading the player...
  • @mcgeeva I am glad I am not the only one struggling with lunches! I’m sorry that you are still feeling sick. I hope it passes soon! He turned 2 in March. He just seems so big now. It’s bittersweet.
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 15w1d, size of a canary!

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Not horrible, some nausea still, stemmed by gagging at things. Headaches are the worst right now. RLP as always. Heartburn. Stuffy nose in the mornings.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Raves: The double stroller I wanted on which was on my registry list was available for Amazon Prime Days and my grandmother offered to buy it for us! So sweet! It's normally $220, but it was on sale for $95! I also bought the Hap Time backpack diaper bag on sale too! It was normally $46 but I got it for $27! So glad I was able to benefit some from the sale. I had really wanted to get the baby monitor during the sale, but all of them were claimed before DH and I decided to go for it. We are thinking of waiting until Cyber Monday to see if we can catch a good deal on them. 

GTKY: What are your go to lunch ideas? Lunch is hard for me. I can never think of anything creative. It usually involves frozen meals (Marie Calanders are my FAV). Totinos pizzas...mac and cheese...I miss turkey sandwiches SO MUCH. I am wondering if making paninis warms up the meat enough. I just prefer cold lunch meat. I usually try to have left overs from the night before, if I happen to make enough.

Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• @Whitmore1027 Congratulations on your prime day scores! Also, it looks like I am 1 week ahead of you and my headaches have improved immensely the past few days, so I hope you have the same luck!
  • @katy0990 That gives me hope! Nothing I do can get rid of these headaches. Water, Caffeine, Naps, Tylenol...it sucks!! FX they get better! Yay for starting to get a nursery ready! I want SO BAD to start getting a nursery together. Well, we are technically making a part of our bedroom the nursery. We have a 3 bedroom house, but one room is DS's play room, and the other is just his bedroom. (I didn't want all his toys in his bedroom). And I want to keep it like that as long as possible, so we will be making our bedroom part nursery, and I want to get a crib and all the clothes ready so bad! It's SO SOON though. lol. But it's crazy to think we will be a family of four! We ordered a pizza last night, and we can get away with just 1 large pizza, and DH was like, "you know, soon, we won't be able to only eat off of one pizza. We will have to buy 2". And that hit me like, "WOAH". That's so weird! Also, that's great your DS is going to big boy bed! I still have DS in a crib (he is 2 next month), and I plan on keeping him in there AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. He is short, so that helps the fact that he hasn't started trying to climb out. But the thought of getting him into the toddler bed scares the crap out of me!

@mcgeeva I totally feel you on weird things making you sick. I used to have such a strong stomach, nothing messes with me. But now I gag at so much! I have had to force pills down my dogs throat recently, and after I pulled my hand out and saw all the drool I started gagging SO bad, and yelled at my husband to open the baby gate quick because I had to run to the sink to throw up. It's so annoying!!
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• Whitmore1027 lol would do the same :)

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

16w5d- The size of an avocado.

Meh. I still feel crappy. Not nauseous but SO SO tired.  Out of breathe, feet and back already hurt. I wonder what happened to the second trimester magic??

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I go for an early anatomy scan tomorrow morning and counting the minutes.  She has one done between 16 and 17 weeks and then the propert AS done at 20-21 weeks.  She says that if there are any issues, she wants to know right away because some of them can be corrected while pregnant. Hopefully all is well. I am also nervous since we haven't seen him or heard him since 13 weeks and I haven't started feeling movement yet.

Team bad lunch choices. Pizza, soup and avocado toast are on rotation. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You are all making me feel so much better about my high calorie lunches!

@lexidawg Good luck tomorrow!

@Whitmore1027 My son climbed out of his crib once and hit his head pretty hard, so he never did it again. But, he was getting a little bit too tall for it and would wake up with his leg stuck between the bars.
    I hope your headaches are gone soon. I woke up the other day and kept thinking I felt weird and it took me a few minutes to realize that the reason I felt weird was because my head is not pounding.
  • @lexidawg good luck! That is nerve wracking. Was there a reason they want to do it early because of something they noticed early on?

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @mcgeeva No, thankfully! It's just her standard practice.  Everything looked great at my NT scan!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lexidawg that's great. Who doesn't want extra scans :)

• katy0990 said:

How far along are you? How big is baby? 17w1d, baby is a pomegranate this week 

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Still sick as a dog and now lots of gross new symptoms in the nether regions that I’ll spare you.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Why does this summer have to be record breaking heat?! 

GTKY: What are your go to lunch ideas? Ummmm picking at snack foods, not eating at all or forcing myself to choke something down.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Is this the thread we are using? Did we pick one? 

17 weeks, in think that means 5in now. Where? Lol. I mean, I suppose it’s curled up in there. 

I’ve had a headache all day. I think that’s mostly heat related. And I’ve been tired for days. I think I’ll just be tired for the next three years. I’ll get used to it now. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I’m excited for my new work tomorrow. It will make me more tired, but it will be fun. I’ve also disclosed my pregnancy, so I don’t have to worry about that secret. I might ask them more about staff discounts & if I could work in the infant room still if my infant attends the school. I don’t see why not, but there are little details, like will I have to pump milk and put it in a bottle? Can I nurse my own baby when I’m on the clock? 

Eh, I’m not great about lunches. I have to get better about it. Usually lunch is leftovers, or a sandwich? If we even eat lunch. Tomorrow I’ll find out what kind of fridge space I have access to, and if staff are allowed to bring foods with nuts. That will help me narrow down food options. 

GTKY q from other thread:

We’ll find out boy/girl next month. We’ll probably just tell family as we see them. No confetti or fun. The grandmas (my mom, my step mom, and MIL) usually get a text after my appointment with the update. If I don’t reach out to them they bother me! 

• @tumbleweed-1 Good luck tomorrow!

16w3d, baby is the size of an avocado! Mmmm avocado. I could go for some guacamole.

I feel pretty good. Just tired still, and my neck is bothering me but that's not a pregnancy symptom.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Rants: I have to be out in the hot humid weather today and I am not looking forward to it. My MIL is taking the grandkids and invited me to go along since DS is going too. It will be nice to see how he is on rides and stuff though. And also... dippin' dots!

Go to lunch ideas: When I go to the office I almost always have peanut butter and banana sandwich and carrots, celery, and cucumber with fat free ranch. If I'm home I love having honey bunches of oats with banana. Sometimes I switch it up and make avocado egg salad or avocado chicken salad. I'm a creature of habit and tend to always do the same things for breakfast and lunch. Always switch up dinner though! :)

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @katy0990 I was so sad when we switched DS to his toddler bed. He was climbing out of his crib before he was even two. I was so not ready.

@Whitmore1027 Yay for the stroller and diaper bag buys!! I found someone selling a BRAND NEW IN BOX Baby Trend stroller on the local yardsale site the other day for $75! It's a double stroller and the infant carseat can go in it. I am so excited I got it for so cheap and the carseat we already have fits in it. I'm with you on the headaches.

@lexidawg Yay for the AS. Mine is 15 days away and I am counting down! I love seeing my little nugget. Avocado is not bad for you at all!! It is so full of healthy fats. Maybe the toast isn't so good but ehh. What can you do?

@tumbleweed-1 Good luck tomorrow!!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • tumbleweed-1 hope you had a great first day!

16+6 avocado, almost a pomegranate

I don’t know? Tired. Pulled some kind of muscle or ligament in my belly yesterday which I was griping about on the symptom thread.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I’m loving feeling the little fish flip flops in my belly. 

Jus thinking about this makes me hungry. These are literally the only lunches I’ve had in the past 2 months:

Spinach, strawberry, & goat cheese salad with balsamic dressing  

Turkey & cheese on ciabatta roll

Coleslaw with roast chicken

Berries, yogurt, & granola 

• @katzailiaSpinach, strawberry, & goat cheese salad with balsamic dressing  my favorite salad ever! I haven't had though since sickness kicked in at 8 weeks 

• @Katzalia I admire you for eating healthy lunches. Although, I’m proud of myself for making a smoothie today.
  • @katy0990 did I mention the ice cream? I am totally digging the Dove mini ice cream bites. I might have a box stashed in the freezer at work. 
  • @katzalia Ice cream is necessary. These babies need calcium!

16+6, baby is the size of an avocado. According to this app today baby is specially the size of a taco - and now I want tacos!

Main thing is discomfort in my lower abdomen with occasional RLP

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Anyone have any books/resources/podcasts for natural births? I was super impatient with DD and did an elective induction at 39+6. I would love to try and labor mainly at home and am looking for resources. 

Tuna Salad, pizza (my favorite), salads, whatever my toddler doesn't eat!

@AdorkablePixie I might have to try an avocado chicken salad 

@lexidawg I hope everything went well today at your appointment

• @mcgeeva spinach and strawberries have been staples for me. Spinach (raw, steamed, or sautéed) has been one of the few veggies I can tolerate. 
  • @gingersnap-mama Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth was really good. I highly recommend it!
  • @mcgeeva thank you! I did have a nice day. My tailbone/right hip are a bit sore now though. I’m going to have to be much more careful about how when I’m sitting on the floor and how I stand back up. Other than that, it was great! 
  • @tumbleweed-1 I’m glad it went well!
  • mkeys89mkeys89 member
    edited July 2018
    I hope everyone with headaches gets some relief soon! I feel like mine have finally eased up and when I feel one coming on a cool wash cloth on the back of my neck seems to actually provide some relief!! 

17 weeks 2 days... my other app says baby is as big as a video game controller

Feeling more energy so that’s good, but still having terribly achy joints. My ankles and shins are especially bothering me at before bed. I want to scream/cry not because of pain but because of the annoyance of the ache!! Is this restless leg syndrome?!?! Ahhhh!

I told my doctor about the achy joints yesterday and he just shrugged it off as common...

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I have my AS next week!! It’ll be the first time seeing the baby, so I’m anxious to finally see and learn about it’s health. 

Lee are finding out the gender, but my husband and I disagree about the process. He wants a surprise reveal in front of friends and family and I just want to find out in the room. I’m not good at showing excitement externally and don’t want to have to fake it haha! I will be happy no matter what though! I thought we could compromise and just he could be surprised with family, but he said no we have to do the same thing.... We will probably just end up surprising family. 

I eat terribly at lunch! Usually easy mac!! 

• tunneltunnel member
    Just here to confess that I eat lunch meat (as long as it's fresh/I see them slice it) but don't eat tuna because of mercury concerns.
    BabyFruit Ticker