Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 7/17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: WTO Tuesday 7/17

• Loading the player...
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 they say sleep is the most important thing you can do for your health right? 
  • @TJtheGoat Holy crow girl! You are pulling some serious hours over there. I really hope that the overtime is huge as you clearly deserve it!

@nmbrcrnchr1 I am jealous of your sleeping in this morning. 

Month/Cycle: 14/16 (4 benched)

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: sono today, opk, hio, ubiquinol, pnv, supplements

R/R: My niece came to the gym with me this morning which was a nice treat. Also scheduled for a haircut tonight. Only rant is mentally preparing myself for the sono. 

CS/Q: 
  • Month/Cycle: 10

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: All the things. Used preseed for the first time last night. Hopefully it helps.. that stuff is pricey!

R/R: Rant: Just sleepy! I haven't slept well these past couple nights. Rave: Going to visit friends this weekend out of town.. so that should be fun! 

CS/Q: Will you offer me opinion on when you would HIO? I took clomid this cycle and you're instructed to HIO EOD CD10-21. We HIO last night, but I think I'll get my first OPK today, and I should O on CD17. Would you all skip today and HIO CD16, CD17, and CD18. Or do you think we should HIO again tonight since I'll get a positive OPK? Chart in spoiler! This is really just a gamble anyway as we all know..

• @TJtheGoat YAY for overtime pay! 
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Some days it's just entirely too difficult to get out of bed any earlier than you have to. Hopefully tomorrow you'll be more rested :)
    @Sparty18 I've never heard of a float spa! What is that?
    @nitnat007 I hope you get some good answers at your sono! What other testing have you had done? Testing is a pain but it is nice to put some pieces in the puzzle!
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited July 2018
    @TJtheGoat Overtime money is always nice! Working through the night is not...
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Some days you just need rest more than a workout.
    @nitnat007 FX the sono goes well.
    @crookshanks10 I'd keep HIO EOD until you get a positive OPK, then maybe switch to ED if you can handle it.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, BBT, CM

R/R: Amazon Prime Day had an amazing deal I wanted to get but by the time DH and I talked about it and decided on the purchase, it was gone  :'(

CS/Q: Edited to add.

• @TJthegoat Yay for overtime money! There’s no overtime at my work but MH has a ton. I love it when he can make triple time on certain holidays too. So nice! Hopefully you can get some sleep today.

@nmbrcrnchr1 Yay for being off the bench. I forgot about N&C lol!

@sparty18 What is a float spa??! Sounds interesting.

@nitnat007 Good luck today with the sono. I’m not too familiar with the test but will you find out results right away or will you have to wait?

@crookshanks10 Girl I am right there with you on the lack of sleep the last few nights. Ugh today is going to drag! YH’s SA came back fine right? If so then I don’t see how HIO every day would hurt. Unless, (see my question below) then I would just do EOD. Tonight would be -2 right? Supposed to be the best day for it, so maybe go for it!

@marebear15 I’m sorry you missed out on a good deal yesterday.

@prpl11butterfly I’m sorry you’re so busy at work this week. Hopefully it’s at least a good distraction.

Month/Cycle: 16/15

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 
    sexing and other stuff

R/R: 
    Yesterday was O day but I’ll stick around here for another day (I’m not temping so there’s no CH to wait for but I still feel weird jumping over to the TWW so early). I think we’ll trying to get one more BD in tonight. I talked to MH yesterday about how I was feeling. I feel so much better. I knew there was a reason I love this man!

CS/Q: 
    Does anyone else notice a decrease in YH’s semen volume if you HIO ED? If we BD 3 days in a row on the 3rd day it’s pretty much nothing, the volume is so low. He has a healthy looking SA so I’m not overly concerned. He had about 112 million/ml but that was after abstaining for 5 days. Anyone else notice this or have any insight??

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• MRDCleMRDCle member
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 10 

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPKs, checking CM, might start checking CP? Undecided though.  HIO. 

R/R: I just realized I have a meeting scheduled from 4-5 today and I usually leave sometime between 4:00 and 4:30, depending on when I get in and I'm oh so annoyed. 

CS/Q: I have a question re: OPKs.  I read somewhere that the best time to do them is in the afternoon - there's really no way I can do them in the afternoon at work, and I don't usually get home till 5:30/6:00.  Is that too late? I also do them in the AM when I wake up. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    @tjthegoat $$$$!
    @sparty18 I haven't been but it sounds cool! Can't wait to hear how you like it.
    @crookshanks10 enjoy your weekend out of town!
    @prpl11butterfly my skin is freaking out today too - hope that means you O soon!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @marebear15 I saw where Amazon's website was down for a bit of time yesterday! I know people weren't happy about that
    @prpl11butterfly I love a good thunderstorm too! :)
    @LJMoon6 Hopefully we can get a good night's rest soon, lol! I think the reduction in the amount of semen your DH experiences is normal. That's why I have a hard time determining if it's best to do EOD or ED closer to O! 
    @MRDCle I do OPKs at 11AM and then once I get closer to my O date, I do them twice a day 11AM and 7PM. I've never had any issues! I think you'd be fine to do it when you get home!
  • Month/Cycle: 13/14

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: BBT, Ava (RHR), OPK, Pre-seed, CM, Myo-Inositol

R/R: Scheduled my HSG for Wednesday next week. Completely forgot about my fasted labs this morning and DH made me breakfast (guess he forgot too), so I had to reschedule for Monday next week. Oh well.

CS/Q: none

@nitnat007 fx your sono goes well and you get nothing but good answers!

@crookshanks10 I agree with @marebear15 keep trying every other day until you get that positive OPK. FX!

@marebear15 that is too bad! We just got a new crockpot that the lid seals down so you can take it in the car easier. He was sending me amazon links all day yesterday. I'd keep an eye on it though. Deals are supposed to go through today so it may come back up from another seller or because someone's card got declined.

@LJMoon6 I'm glad you feel better after talking to YH. Sometimes MY is kinda low on day 2 if we do ED. Sometimes it just takes longer, but the amount isn't too low. It can vary. If you are that worried I would try to separate your ED days into morning the first day and evening the next day. Still within 48 hours, but a little far apart to give his body longer to recover his swimmers.
  • Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: HIO, temping, OPKs 

R/R: just feeling crappy this morning. This puts O day at the end of the month and we will be on vacation with dh's parents. 

CS/Q none
  • @prpl11butterfly Where do you live? Your weather sounds a lot like ours?

@LJMoon6 MH's volume is about the same whether it's EOD or ED, but I have read that's why most people HIO EOD during the FW. I'd say it just depends on the person.

@MRDCle I do my OPKs when I get home after work. Some people have a short peak period and test also in the morning.

@thrgirlwhowaited Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep watching Amazon to see if it goes back up!

• Month/Cycle: 17/15

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Not much right now. Eat healthier, less caffeine.

R/R: **TW kids mentioned**

My older brother and his family are staying with us. His fiance has two munchkins from a previous relationship. They are really sweet kids. The eldest is a reader and has been perusing my collection of Harry Potters, even though she has read the series through several times. The other is fascinated with MH's collection of swords. It is really nice having them in the house. They are excited about everything, but still really calm. This might sound bizarre, but a part of me wonders if I will be a good parent. Will I have the energy to chase them around or plan activities for them so they aren't just in front of the TV? Having these two here makes me feel good about the kind of parent I will be. I know it is different with your own, but I've really enjoyed having them around. **End TW**

CS/Q: Last month's AF was shorter than normal and this one is shaping up to be the same. Has anyone else had a change in the duration? I haven't changed anything other than trying to eat better (not so successfully).
  • @nitnat007 goof luck with the sono today!

here's to hoping all of us struggling with sleep get a good night's rest soon (myself included, i think i woke up about 8 times last nite). 

Month/Cycle: 2/7

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: HIO in different positions (mostly doggy, TMI sorry), preseed, temping, charting

R/R: rave: thanks for everyone's FX yesterday.  towards the middle of the afternoon, i got EWMC which was a relief.  i went home and took a OPK and the was positive.  was still positive this morning.  Probably won't get a BD in again, but we did sunday and yesterday.  rant: never wake up to an alarm, but today was just one of those mornings.  5am came wayyyy to quickly, and the exercise class i went to wasn't really that great. ugh.  

CS/Q:  not sure of an update but in spoilers. 

• @nitnat007 Hope the sono goes well!

@crookshanks10 Always so tough to plan the timing, I hate it!  Maybe you could switch it up and skip tonight but do AM tomorrow, then PM on 17 and 18?

@prpl11butterfly I loooove storms too.  We were supposed to have some really good ones last night and they went just north and just south of us.  I swear that happens all the time, it's like they know.  grrr.

@crookshanks10 and @LJMoon6 A float spa is a like a spaceship looking thing you go into with about 10 inches of water and 1,000 lbs of epsom salts so you just float on top of the water.  You can control if you want the thing open or closed, lights on/off and music, etc...  They have also been referred to as sensory deprivation tanks.  Here is a pic to give a better idea:

@MRDCle I typically do my OPKs in the evening and it hasn't been a problem for me.  I'll be sure to report back on the float spa!

@asupernovablizzardstorm Hugs, sorry for CD1 and the unfortunate upcoming timing.  
  • catlover0202catlover0202 member
    edited July 2018
    Month/Cycle: 2/2
    CD: 8
    WAYDTGKU: lots of BD, BBT, OPKs, Flo app, FF charting, checking CM 
    R/R: raves: had a great wedding day on June 16 and a super fun honeymoon in Belize June 18-25th. Started TTC on the honeymoon (stopped BCPs after 10 years on them). Didn’t happen the first cycle. Rants: my body isn’t back to normal after stopping BCPs yet. I had a super light 2 day only AF this last one, which is not my norm off BCPs. I may be out this cycle. 
    CS/Q: so I started taking BBT 4 days ago with a BBT I bought off Amazon that had good reviews. I have been temping between 6:30 and 7 AM each day and my temp has been jumping up and down a full degree. For example first day was 97.5 aprox. Then day two was 96.4, then day 3 was 96.4 and now today was 97.5. This is not normal, correct? 
  • @thrgirlwhowaited I hope your HSG goes well and that everything looks perfect :) It's a very quick procedure and it's so nice to hear the results right then and there.
    asupernovablizzardstorm I hope you and your DH will be able to sneak away to get some HIO time in! Are ya'll sharing a room? 
    @meri-mac The less caffeine is killing me right now :( 
    @yooosara I'm glad you got your positive OPK! 
    @Sparty18 I was thinking of that schedule too. I developed major pain on CD16 the last 2 cycles, (cyst or clomid, not sure?) so HIO that day was a no go even though we tried so I think AM tomorrow for sure and then 17 and 18! Thank you for your input! Timing is so hard! We don't want to do it too little or too much.. UGH
    @catlover0202 Congratulations! Hopefully you won't be around here too long :) In regards to your BBT, are you getting 3-4 hours of full sleep before temping and not moving much right before you temp?
  • @crookshanks10 Thanks, I think so. I get up a couple times a night to go to the bathroom, always been that way, but typically fall right back asleep and think I was sleeping at least 3 full hours straight before temping each time, idk.
  • @catlover0202 Your body may still be adjusting to you coming off BCP. I would continue temping :) Hopefully it won't take your body long to get back to normal. It's a major change since you haven't ovulated in 10 years! 
  • @meri-mac *TW kids* I'm glad that you've gotten a chance to be around kids and "parent" them. It is a lot different having one, but liking them to begin with helps  :D The deal I lost on Amazon was a 3-in-1 car seat  :s    As for AF length, mine got slowly shorter from my teens until I had my DD, now it's a lot longer. *end TW*

@catlover0202 It can take up to a year after getting of BCPs to get normal cycles again. Hopefully it happens sooner than that for you! The normal range of temps in the follicular phase is about .7, so 1.1 isn't too bad. All you really need to be able to see is a nice rise after O with temps mostly above your base.
  • @TJtheGoat  boo for overnight, late hours
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Pillow won the fight here this morning too.
    @Sparty18 we had gift certificates to a float spa but they canceled the day of our reservation and it’s about a 2 hour drive so we haven’t made it back. I was hesitant to begin with because I’m claustrophobic.
    @nitnat007  T&P with you today 
    @crookshanks10  agree to EOD until positive 
    @prpl11butterfly gotta love those fun bodily changes, I sprout chin hairs
    @LJMoon6 yes even with healthy sperm producers you produce less with consecutive sessions, that’s why I’m a big advocate for EOD. More sperm and more mature sperm. But that’s just what I’ve gathered from my research and my watching the great sperm race

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: Supplements, EOD HIO, CM/BBT tracking 

R/R: Not much today. Was going to paint my bathroom, but something has come up and that’s not going to happen. Guess I work on cleaning out the other bedroom instead. 

CS/Q:  

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @nitnat007 we have about half a gallon of leftover paint from when we did living room/hall/entry and since paint is pricey and our bathroom is small we’re using that. For DS room I’m going to do a color upper half and another lower half so I’m trying to pinch pennies where I can.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @nitnat007 i'm happy you got some seemingly good news!! 

it was a hot barre class.  
  • catlover0202catlover0202 member
    edited July 2018
    @marebear15 and @crookshanks10 Thank you, I suspected things would take a while to normalize after stopping BCPs but hubby keeps asking me if I’m pregnant. Chill out hubs, it’s CD 8 and cycle 2 lol
    @nitnat007 sounds like good news from your appt, so happy for you! That’s awesome that you lived in Belize. I wanted to stay there forever! We were mainly in San Pedro at Ramon’s Village Resort. I did my first scuba dive at Long Caye and it was amazing. I also snorkeled The Blue Hole. We drove through Belize City one day and went to Altun Ha and cave tubed and ziplined.

i has to edit this post because the first time I tried to type an emoji and apparently those don’t work so it cut my post short, lol 
  • Thanks everyone for the replies! I figured it was normal but it's nice to get the reassurance. 
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @marebear15 I'm in MA. 

@LJMoon6 I have noticed there seems to be a "shortage" on the subsequent days of HIO. Always figured it was normal.

@MRDCle early evening is fine. If I cant eo one on lunch, I do it after work (530ish) and it always works out fine.

@nitnat007 glad everything went well! What girl wouldn't want to hear shes got a "healthy cavity" lmao.

And looks like my O will be early this month for sure! +OPK over lunch break. Also, this storm was insane. I was home for the biggest part of it and my house was shaking at every rumble. It was AH-MAZING!
  • @TjtheGoat – Get that money girl! I’m also in the middle of a work frenzy and when I want to scream out loud I just think about the advancement and money…#girlboss

@nmbrcrnchr1 – Sometimes the pillow wins for sure!

@Sparty18 – I’m glad you have a plan going forward that you feel comfortable with! I’ve been wanting to try a float spa – if you go, let me know what you think!

@nitnat007 – I hope the sono goes (or has gone, depending on when it was) smoothly!

@crookshank – If you HIO yesterday, I’d skip today and continue to HIO EOD until you get a peak OPK and then BD every day (if you can) until O is confirmed. But then again, I think if the Dr. said e/o day, that’s a safe bet, too. GL!

@prp11butterfly – We are having some GNARLY thunderstorms in Boston right now and I looooove it! My hair does NOT love it, but oh well.

@LJMoon6 - I have definitely noticed lower “volume” when we’ve been HIO on consecutive nights. That’s why we usually stick to EOD until the +OPK

@MRDCle – I hate when that happens at work. I look forward to leaving time every day and get super annoyed when the timing doesn’t work.

@thrgirlwhowaited – I’m glad your HSG is scheduled! It always feels good to have something on the calendar.

@asupernovablizzardstorm – I’m sorry you’re feeling crappy today. I say just HIO anyway, who cares about the in-laws!

@meri-mac – My periods have definitely fluctuated occasionally in terms of intensity/length, but not by an excessive difference. Sometimes my period will be 3 or 5 days instead of the standard 4 or I’ll have slightly worse cramping.

@yooosara – That sounds like good timing even if you don’t get in another one. :)

@catlover0202 – Hopefully your body regulates itself again soon!

@nitnat007 – I’m glad to hear you have a beautiful “cavity” lol

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: EVERYTHING.

R/R: I think I started the BD marathon a bit too soon. I usually O CD18-19 but I thought it was going to be a little earlier this cycle so I've been a slave to HIO but I still haven't gotten a +OPK and I'm just now starting the EWCM so I'm thinking O day will be right on my regular schedule. I guess we'll take a night off tonight and start again tomorrow.

CS/Q: - 
  • @nitnat007 I'm glad everything went well! Is there any plan in the mean time or just waiting for the HSG and RE appointment in September?
  • @thrgirlwhowaited DH has to go for a more in depth SA. But otherwise we will just continue on our own until then. 
  • @crookshanks10 *TW kids mentioned * it's a timeshare they have and only 2 bedrooms. Our dd will be sleeping with us. 
  • harrierwifeharrierwife member
    edited July 2018
    @catlover0202
    I feel you about coming off birth control. SO HARD being patient. 

Month/Cycle:  3/3

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: Lots of HIO, charting BBT, CM and CP. Flo app. About to start FF and OPKs. 

R/R: Its obvious now that I probably didn't O this month. Based off past months, I'll get AF on day 24/25 and then add in the OPKs. 

Had a great pep talk with my OB/GYN NP mother last night. She really put my mind at ease regarding my possible anovulatory cycles - she told me to stop stressing about the CP and CM and to focus on the BBT. Said OPKs were a waste of money, but I don't know if I agree with that. She said that she learned that she was a chronic late-ovulator and that it took almost a year trying with me before she realized it. 

CS/Q: None at this time.