Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched/TTA w/o 7/16

This thread is for those who have started TTC but are now TTA or Benched. (There is also a TTCAL "sister" thread.)

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.*** This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________
 Are you benched or TTA?
What brings you here?
How long do you think you'll be here?
How have things been going?
Any R/R/CS/Q?
GTKY: What skill would you like to master?

Re: Benched/TTA w/o 7/16

• Are you benched or TTA?  Benched
    What brings you here?  A lot of things, some of which are resolved.  Essentially, I am now waiting to see what is going on with my back.  I have surgery in September, but I have decided to go ahead and start trying before them (if back allows)

How long do you think you'll be here?  Hopefully, just this cycle.  I am pretty confident I am about to O, so if my results are ok, I will get my iud removed in a few weeks.
    How have things been going? 
    The last week has been incredibly stressful, but I feel like I am managing it well.  But Thursday night, I had a massive breakdown and I felt so overwhelmed and upset about not being able to try, which led to a lot of conversations between DH and I, so as for now, I feel pretty good!

Any R/R/CS/Q? 
    None
    GTKY: What skill would you like to master?
    Knitting, simply because I failed so miserably at it.
  • edited July 2018
    Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Back problems and possible breast biopsy 

How long do you think you'll be here? Unknown. 

How have things been going? Okay. Back went out this weekend. I may have pushed it just a little too much with everything. My provider is back today but she's been swamped and hasn't had a chance to read the radiology report and talk to me. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? I was a little disappointed that my back went out. I really felt like I was doing better. 

GTKY: What skill would you like to master? Sewing. I'd love to be able to make my own stuff.

@holly321- I'm glad somethings are getting resolved and you and your husband were able to talk some stuff over.
  • Loading the player...
  • @holly321
    knittinghelp.com - that's how I learned!!