Pressure to breastfeed — The Bump
Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Pressure to breastfeed

I was optimistic about breast feeding again. 1st Time didn’t go as plan as my baby became colic with my breast milk. Coming home to a 2 year old this time had its own challenges. 
With my already flat nipples and a toddler finding time to pump was nowhere to be found. My baby was also jaundice so I had no choice but to feed him formula for the 1st week doctors orders.
The pressure to breastfeed/pump was on, and I could no longer see the possibility of maintaining both. 
Anyone have this problem?

Re: Pressure to breastfeed

• Ruth620 said:
    I was optimistic about breast feeding again. 1st Time didn’t go as plan as my baby became colic with my breast milk. Coming home to a 2 year old this time had its own challenges. 
    With my already flat nipples and a toddler finding time to pump was nowhere to be found. My baby was also jaundice so I had no choice but to feed him formula for the 1st week doctors orders.
    The pressure to breastfeed/pump was on, and I could no longer see the possibility of maintaining both. 
    Anyone have this problem?
    Fed is best.
    My milk never came in. Despite the correct number of "wet" and "dirty" diapers, my LO lost nearly a pound her 1st week of life. I BF from day one, but by day 4 I knew something was very wrong, baby was chomping at my nipple, I was bleeding and my nipples were raw meat, and she was screaming nonstop.  I gave her formula and she ate like a champ.
    Come to find out, my milk never came in - I was unknowing starving my kiddo, despite trying to feed every possible moment.  
    She is now a very healthy kiddo, and despite what people say fed is best. You do what you feel is best for you and your situation. 
    Dumbgurl04