December 2018 Moms
Options

Bitchfest 7/9

It's been slow here lately, so let's bitch all week.

Re: Bitchfest 7/9

• Options
    I need a haircut sooo bad, but my hairdresser is located almost an hour away. I don't want to drive that far, unless I'm getting colored, too. So I guess I'll keep my split ends and keep throwing up the messy bun :|
  • Options
    I just puked my brains out in the work bathroom. I haven't puked since 9 weeks. WTF?! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lexidawg Ugh, I'm sorry. Did you by chance take a prenatal on an empty stomach? 99% of the time if I have any nausea at this point, that's why. But I still forget and do it :s Hope you feel better, either way.
  • Options
    @Hollyyyyy Nope.  I take my prenatal before bed for this reason. I was just drinking water! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lexidawg Ugh sorry!  Hope it was just a one time thing.

@Hollyyyyy I've had "get a haircut" on my list of things to do for weeks.  I got one in March though... so that is actually not too bad for me.  I'm a 1-2 per year haircut kind of person.  Messy buns for the win!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd Ah I have been terrible about getting my hair cut. I used to get balayage touch ups every 6-8 weeks, and would get it trimmed then, but I haven't gotten it done since last November, and now my hair feels so damaged. Thankfully my job for the most part doesn't require my hair to look super neat :lol:
  • Options
    @lexidawg random vomits have happened for me 3 times. No real rhyme or reason.  Thankfully they are infrequent. Hoping yours is also random and you feel better!
  • Options
    My neighbors keep letting their dogs out at 5am or earlier and the dogs wake everyone up from barking. My other neighbor actually went over there and yelled at them this morning so I’m hoping tomorrow I might get more than 5 hours of sleep  :s
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    DH complained of how "I'm NEVER in the mood" which is his excuse to why he texts me to see if I want to have sex rather than um... try. It made me equal parts feel bad/guilty & also just angry. 
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited July 2018
    My mom, who has barely spoken to me in 6 months and told me that we can only have a superficial relationship because I invited my dad to DS’s birthday party, is all offended that I don’t know if I want to go on vacation with her. We went together in 2016 and took a later flight to get flight vouchers and we used some of the voucher money to go again last year, so in her mind it is a tradition now. DH and I were all excited to take DS to Texas to see my brother (who my mom also won’t talk to), but now she is acting like we owe her since she paid for the air b & b last time. Part of me is like screw it, it’s a free vacation, let’s go, but idk what kind of mood she will be in and now that I’m staying home and we are living off 1 income, idk if I can justify going in 2 trips.
  • Options
    @katy0990 I'm sorry for the mom stress. That sucks. I say skip the vacation with your mom. It's not worth it the added stress- just do an immediate family trip to Texas!
  • Options
    @temmetime My DH did this with our first somewhat often. I figured with this one he’d sort of expect the low sex drive, but he still whines every now and then instead of trying actual romance or helping around the house to lessen my crankiness. He acts like he knows with another there will be more chores, etc. but he doesn’t actually seem to try that much harder right now to help with chores unless it’s something simple. Blah. 
    The worst thing is usually the dishes/DD sippy cups... and with the impending onslaught of bottles I am getting scared for the future. 
  • Options
    ebk20ebk20 member
    Totally agree with the low sex drive. My DH thinks that groping me when I'm washing the dishes or making 13 year old boy perverted comments is going to work. I'm like, how old are we? Why don't you try some romance, get a babysitter, take me on a date or just helping out more around the house. Pregnancy plus running around after a 2 year old does not leave me with a lot of extra energy.
  • Options
    @LostinUtopia Amen to all of that. I would also hope my DH would expect the drive as it's how it was last go around. le sigh
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ab_canada Um. WTF. I'm just gonna go ahead and use this gif twice in the same thread...

• Options
    @ab_canada I have no words
  • Options
    @ab_canada iiickkkkk. I got 1 belly pat over the 4th, but it was from my favorite aunt, so I let it slide. I am seeing my in laws this weekend and my mil told me she could "see the baby" at 11 weeks (no woman, I'm just chubby), so I am not really thrilled to see what she'll do now that she actually can see the baby. Solidarity, sister. 
  • Options
    mch195mch195 member
    I recently had my first belly pat also. I was not ok with it! I had a pregnant co-worker tell me she knows I’m having a girl because I’m only gaining weight in my thighs. Who says that?!! I blew up at my boss for her lack of empathy which led to a lengthy apology. I’m so annoyed with people asking how I’m feeling and then proceeding to tell me it only gets worse, followed by horror stories. These were all from last week but I’m still stewing. 
  • Options
    @mch195 well if that’s true, I should have all girls.
  • Options
    @rosebud332 ugh, I would have been anxious too! Glad it's nbd, though :) 
  • Options
    That may be one of the only positives to carrying around a few extra pounds. No one can be quite sure I'm pregnant so strangers generally don't treat my stomach like a magic 8 ball. 
  • Options
    @rosebud332 I’m sorry for your anxiety. I would have been worried too.
  • Options
    @Katzalia Yes! I forgot to add that to my post, but I definitely would love a place to bitch all week, haha.
  • Options
    Also wtf? The rest of my post got eaten by the app. Debating if I’m too lazy to type it out again, but here goes. 

bf1 - A coworker went on vacation without telling anyone onsite until 2 hrs before leaving, and her “coverage” is offsite, so that means I’m doing most of the covering. 

bf2 - My child refuses to ask a teacher for help wiping after BMs, resulting in way too many pairs of underwear thrown out (or scrubbed, depending on severity). Kid, at 4 years old, you can do so many things and do them well. But wiping your ass isn’t one of them. 

• Options
    @Katzalia NOOO!! I was hoping DS would be wiping himself soon. Darn.
  • Options
    KatzaliaKatzalia member
    edited July 2018
    @katy0990 well, my daughter gets an A for effort and tries to do it all by herself.... 

I think it was in the Oh Crap pottytraining book she says something about with her 6 year old, wiping is a 2-step process: first he does, then she wipes again to make sure he’s clean. I’d be totally cool with this status at school. We do that at home mosty, and it works well. 
  • Options
    @rosebud332 A similar thing happened to me after the AFP blood test.  The dr said she'd call in a day or two, then didn't.  I assumed all was fine.  I got a call from the office about a week later without a message.  I called back to try to find out what they were calling about and they said they'd look into it and return my call.  They didn't return the call.  I called back again the next day to be told on the phone that AFP was negative.  Wtf people, why didn't you just leave a message to that effect, or at least tell me that the first time I called?  I stayed remarkably calm because I now expect this sort of thing from basically everyone.  Most people are incompetent, disorganized, and/or lazy.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd I should have expected it too to be honest. They’ve pulled crap like that before. My husband was pissed and wanted to call them back but I said it’s not worth it . Haha
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    My BF is that this stupid app hates me and doesn't work right. Grrrrrrr.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @maureenmce, I have the same issue.  My go to is low-fat string cheese (regular won't work!), but even that has been failing me!
    DD Born July 2011
    TTC#2 for 4 years: multiple rounds of IVF, M/Cs, lots of tears.  Cautiously optimistic about #2 EDD 12/29/18
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 Wow! That’s crazy that she would think that’s okay to suggest.