Baby Names

Henry and other cute boy names

What middle names do you like for Henry? 

Also, do you think Hank is an automatic nickname for Henry? I like the name but DH doesn’t like possible nn of Hank. 

Thanks!

Re: Henry and other cute boy names

• mb0112mb0112 member
    I never associate Hank with Henry.  I love the name Henry.

Henry Thomas
    Henry James
    Henry Edward
    Henry Christopher
    Henry Paul
    Henry Samuel
    Henry William
    Henry Oliver 
  • Of all the Henry’s I know only one goes by Hank. Henry isn’t a name that most try to nickname

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks! I just love the name Henry. I knew a little boy name Henry (I was a teacher) and I just thought it was so adorable and I loved saying it!
  • Henry Julian
    Henry Arnold
    Henry Lawrence
    Henry Silas
    Henry Gabriel
    Henry Marshall
  • @starandrainbow, there’s always Hal as a nickname for Henry.  But it certainly isn’t a name that demands a nickname.

Henry’s on my list of boy names, as is Theodore “Teddy” or “Ted”, Calvin “Cal”, and possibly Andrew.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Henry Douglas
    Henry Blaine
    Henry Steven
    Henry Marcus
  • I have a Henry Joseph. I love it. I’m not a fan of Hank as a nickname but it doesn’t seem automatic. A few people have mentioned it, but I’ve said I’m not a fan, please don’t call him that and they’ve respected that. 
  • Thanks everyone! I’m not necessarily looking for a nickname. My DD is Stella and unless I call her lovey names at home she sticks to Stella. Just didn’t really want a Hank by accident lol
  • I think all you need to do is ask people to not call him Hank. There's a guy a work and they don't let anyone call their son Zach (he's a Zachary). I don't think most people would jump to Hank, but it's easy enough to correct them if they do.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • I have a nephew who was going to be named Henry Joseph, or Henry Michael. My SIL and brother decided on Michael Henry instead. 
  • Henry is on our list, and DH does want to occasionally use Hank as a nickname. I don’t love it, I much prefer Henry as a stand alone. I feel like I will make it that no one else calls him anything, but Henry, and if DH wants to call him Hank privately I’ll learn to accept it. 

Henry Samuel
    Henry Nolan
    Henry Keith

are our possibilities 
  • thetacobellethetacobelle member
    edited July 2018
    Thanks everyone! I’m not necessarily looking for a nickname. My DD is Stella and unless I call her lovey names at home she sticks to Stella. Just didn’t really want a Hank by accident lol
    No way! We have a Henry and Stella! We went with Henry William, but considered Henry Miles and Henry Oliver. We jokingly called him Hank the Tank when he was a chubby baby, but it's not a nickname anyone has ever tried to call him. Hes 4.5 now and has always just been Henry. 

(Except for the little boy on our street who can't say it and calls him Hangry. It's not an untrue nickname LOL)
  • Also, our last name is Thomas, and I think it sounds good with Henry. So thats another middle name vote for me. 
  • Hank should not be a problem.  I've taught 2 Henrys in recent years, and no one ever called them Hank.  Not even close.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I really like Henry Miles! 
    Henry John 
    Henry Michael 
    Henry Thomas 
    Henry James 

I'm so bad at coming up with suggestions...
  • Henry Allen

• Love Henry !!!  It also on my list but for some reason I always think of it as a MN ...  I love all these suggestions !!!!   
               5 years IF & 2 losses

~~ DS Born 2/28/2013 ~~
                8lb 13 oz 22 inches 
    Happily expecting another miracle !
     EDD 11/20