Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Fri Yay 6/29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: WTO Fri Yay 6/29

• Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, cm, opk's

R/R: I temped probably 5 times this morning and got roughly the same temp, which is lower than I hoped for. All other signs point to having Oed, so I wonder if my thermo is dying. I ran out of OPK's, but got a less than peak positive yesterday afternoon. Today's would have probably been negative.

CS/Q: 

• Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: pnv, charting, temping, OPK, vit d, magnesium

R/R: it's fri-yay! that's about all I have. DH leaves tomorrow and he'll be gone for a week :( I should be glad I can do girly things and not have to eat unhealthier food b/c DH isn't a fan of fish and veggies, but it stinks he'll be gone. 

CS/Q: nothing to see here. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Loading the player...
  • @meggyme - wow, that is low. :( I wonder if you O'd on CD15 and are having a fallback rise. I agree that you probably O'd, everything else points to it. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be higher. Do you have another therm at home you can check with to see if it's close? Maybe that'll tell you if it's dying or if something else is going on. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • *lurking* @meggyme Throwing out a different perspective. I’m wondering if you may be Oing today. Pos OPK and O pain can both happen before O. Maybe this is your O dip? The other temps before didn’t really get way up there yet. CM would be the only thing that would disprove that but I dk maybe HIO tonight just in case. 
  • @catlady2015 I thought about that, but didn't want to get out of bed. I'll find the other thermo I have and try with that tomorrow.
    @Jlavo888 maybe, I wish I hadn't wasted my last 2 opk's yesterday but the one yesterday afternoon was noticably lighter than the blazer I got yesterday morning although still positive. I was just so confident that I was Oing it's so annoying to not have it being confirmed. And I'm tired of HIO so often.
  • Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: All the things.... however, I'm 95% sure I freaking O'd yesterday on CD9.  I got my blazing positive OPK last night, had O pains as I was going to bed and got my temp spike this morning.  I typically O on CD12, and I've historically had a handful of CD11s, but CD9??  Come on, man.  I know there is still a chance, but the silver lining is that it has given me the confirmation I needed to move forward with my RE's Clomid plan next cycle.

R/R:  Rant is obvious.  Rave is Friday!

CS/Q:  Welp, here she is.  I had to add a fake temp on CD6 so FF will even have enough data to give me CH in a couple of days.  

• @Sparty18 That's crazy! I hope that's the case and you get your confirmation temps because your timing is pretty good.
  • Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 1  :'(

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opk, pnv, vit b complex

R/R: I am so stressed.  Contract negotiations aren’t going well at work and it is straining some very important relationships.  Today I have to get all my graduating residents checked out and this weekend starts all kinds of orientation activities.

CS/Q: nothing to show at the moment.
  • @quidditchcapn1120 I'm sorry you have to deal with CD1 on top of all that.
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3 plus 4 months of not preventing/not tracking ovulation

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT/CM tracking, OPKs, and HIO

R/R: Rave: Headed to the beach for a girls weekend in a few hours, this work day is crawling by. Weather is looking perfect.

CS/Q: Thanks for the FF advice, I set up a free account to track. :)
  • Month/Cycle:  2/2

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU:  Acupuncture, BBT, PCOS Diet, Supplements

R/R:  I think I have decided that I don't want to get the steroid shot today.  Even though my foot is hurting, I just don't want to risk anything messing with my cycle, even if the chance is small.  Last cycle was literally the only cycle I have ever had mid-cycle spotting and I had it several days.  The shot is the only thing different.

CS/Q:  See I shouldn't have bragged on my stable temps yesterday!  I had one this morning I had to discard because it was 97.79 (they have been around 97.3) and I know I didn't ovulate on CD 5!  I was kinda hot when I woke up this morning, so am thinking that's what caused the high temp.  I did drink last night, but I also did the night before that and that didn't affect my temp.
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: CM, CP, OPKs, HIO, vitamins

R/R: Rave - WFH today, but the rant is city construction across from my living room window. So ready for my burbs house... 

CS/Q: Does BD interfere with OPK testing? I know you shouldn't assess CM afterward due to other fluids. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @surrrrahfinn I wouldn't think so, it's not like your urine comes from the same place any residual semen would.
  • @meggyme I was going to suggest that maybe today is O day as well.  I hope you get an answer in the next couple of days with your temps!  

@catlady2015 I hate when DH has to leave.  He has to go for a little over two weeks at the end of the month :frowning:

@Sparty18 Wow that is early!  At least you had good timing!

@quidditchcapn1120 I'm sorry for CD 1 and for things at work not going well.

@jessg2223 Yay for the beach!  We are going on our beach vacation next week and I'm super excited.
  • @meggyme haha true, basic anatomy.. 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Month/Cycle: 7 total, 3 AL

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: Temping, prenatals, HIO

R/R: So grateful for Friday. And I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow morning! I had a big ol temp drop this morning but I really don't think today is O day. The earliest I've ever recorded O is CD12. At least we HIO yesterday, and maybe we can again tonight just in case.

CS/Q: No questions but you can check it out if you like! If I can get it to work...

• @meggyme FX your temp tomorrow clears some things up. All your other signs seem to line up well.

@catlady2015 Sorry about DH leaving! I always enjoy the first day or two of being on my own, but after that I want him to come back.

@Sparty18 Super early O, but your timing was great and all signs line up nicely! FX for you.

@quidditchcapn1120 Ugh, stressful stuff on top of CD1. Be kind to yourself today.

@jessg2223 Enjoy the beach!

@sparklingdiamond I haven't been temping that long, but I've noticed sometimes drinking affects my temp and sometimes not at all. Weird!

@surrrrahfinn GL working from home with all the construction chaos.
  • Month/Cycle: 7/5

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, Clue App

R/R: I felt really down yesterday. I’m not sure why, but I spent most of the day laying around. I was annoyed when my husband was home and sad when he left. It was just an odd day. I’m hoping today is better! 

CS/Q: None. Thanks to those that gave me feedback about my PNV ? yesterday! 
  • Fri-yay! 

@meggyme I suspected my thermo was dying too so I bought a new one. The new one is backlit  B) lol. I'm just as puzzled about your temps, but sending you some good O mojo. 
    @catlady2015 if we lived closer I'd come commiserate with you. I don't know when I got so needy but I don't handle days apart from MH very well these days at all. I'll be bouncing back and forth between his parents (where he is temporarily) and my dad's place the next 2 weeks and I'm stressing about it already.
    @Sparty18 on the bright side, your timing is still good and if you HIO again tonight you're in decent shape. 
    @quidditchcapn1120 I hope you can find a few moments to yourself between the orientation craziness this weekend for a little de-stresser. AF is a bitch to show up on top of all that. *hugs* 
    @jessg2223 the beach sounds amazing right about now. Enjoy! I so don't want to be seen in a bathing suit these days but I'd still love a beach day. 
    @sparklingdiamond I'm still fairly new to temping but is there a rule of thumb to follow when it comes to discarding temps? FF made it seem like we shouldn't do it but I have so many outliers that make my chart super jagged. I did discard a few because of irregular wake times and when I was on meds but the others that really don't coincide with my RHR still seem way off. 
    @surrrrahfinn boo construction noise. How are the renos going/when do you move? 
    @diaphena I love haircuts. Was just thinking I should do something with my hair for the summer. Are you doing anything fun/drastic or just a trim?
    @purpleteacher82 sorry you had an off day yesterday. We all get those every once in a while. Mine seem to be more often than not these days. I'd like to think it's hormones and stress but my poor H is walking on eggshells around me. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 we have a wall down, paneling is being ripped off and replaced with drywall, carpets are being ripped up to restore the 100+ yr old hardwood, and AC is officially in place! 

overall, expensive, but great! lots of dust (probably lead-based). 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @surrrrahfinn exciting! It's kind of insane how expensive some of that stuff is but so worth it in the end. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 Nothing too drastic. Currently I have a very grown out short bob, so I'm going to keep the length but get it styled a little nicer. I had to just accept that I am too lazy to keep up with the frequent appointments needed for short hair!

@purpleteacher82 Hope you're having a better day today!

• @catlady2015 I've been away for a month and so sorry to see you back here.  :/  I hate when MH goes away too. Hope the week goes by quickly for you so that he can be home again. 

@Sparty18 Wow cycle day 9 is early but it definitely looks that way from your chart. Timing looks good though so fx. 

@jessg2223 ooh have fun at the beach! I don't think I'll be making it this year but I'm dying to go. 

@sparklingdiamond I'm glad you decided not to get the shot, if nothing else it'll bring a little peace of mind when it comes to the stress of charting and your cycle.. Sorry that your foot is still hurting though, I hope it gets better soon. 

@purpleteacher82 We all have days like that. Hope today is a much better day for you! <3

Month/Cycle: 4/6 

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbet, opk, evening primrose oil, preseed, etc

R/R: 

Rave: My check came in the mail today from one of my clients. Yay for getting paid!...however late it may be. 

Rant: Woke up this morning at 5am to what felt like knives going to town on my uterus. Endometriosis sucks. I'm meeting with my OBGYN for my annual next week and I'm gonna ask her for some kind of plan to handle monthly periods. I can't take the normal meds they use since I'm trying for a baby cuz they basically bring on an early or temporary menopause....but I need something for the times I'm unsuccessful and af comes. Gonna ask her for some meds that might be safe for anxiety too since I had to stop my xanex. 

CS/Q: Will share later in the cycle (if I ever remember to temp)
  • @kiki047 I only discard in rare circumstances like if I didn't sleep at all or if it is just way inconsistent with the rest of my temps.  I am not sure if there is a specific rule on when to discard or not.

@littleredm I am so sorry.  I hope the pain stops soon!
  • @sparklingdiamond thank you! I think I'll leave them for now to try to establish a pattern but that's good to know going forward. I hope your foot feels better soon. 

@littleredm That sounds awful, I'm so sorry. FX your doc is able to help with a treatment plan that is safe while you're TTC.

TTC History:

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: pnv and supplements, bbt, opk, cm, cp, and yoga/meditation to keep the stress down

R/R: Brand new here, hi! We've only just started TTC last month, but I'm 38 so I'm ridiculously nervous that we'll have problems, even though I have no other indication that I will. That, and I'm really bad at patience as a general rule, haha. Should be 5-6 days till we can try again and we're just praying that FI is up to the task, poor guy had a long-delayed hernia surgery 3 days ago, so all forms of *ahem* exercise are pretty tricky at the moment...

And I wish it was my Friday, I volunteer at a yoga studio Saturday mornings (get free classes in exchange) so 5:30am wake-up tomorrow, yuck. But yay yoga tomorrow, missed a lot this week with FI's surgery.

CS/Q: 
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited June 2018
    @tinybluesprite Hi welcome :) What is FI?

Month/Cycle: It can screw itself

CD: I'm not even gonna acknowledge her

WAYDTGKU: Nothing right now, but last night was fun.

R/R: Why on earth do they have to make everything difficult and inconvenient for fertility patients? The facility had one date and appointment time available for an hsg for me. 7/6 at 8am. The best part is all of the radiologists are men. Are you freaking kidding me???.. 

CS/Q: Nothing happening
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @tinybluesprite Welcome! I'm horribly impatient too so fertility planning is extra difficult cuz of all the waiting! 

@suzycupcake :/ for being in WTO. Ugh 8am is so early! You'd think they'd try to be a little easier to work with. Come to think of it, I've almost never seen a lady radiologist. Idk why but it should change! 
  • @littleredm Thanks. Our old clinic did it right in house and it was always women. Idk why this most recent clinic (not the one we are leaving to when we start treatment again) doesn't do theirs, at all. They outsource through a local hospital. It doesn't make any sense to put women through this. Omg I need to relax. lol

I fantasize about a clinic on the beach with the best personalized care. Afternoon appointments, daily monitoring, a massage whenever I want one, IUI in the evenings with wine and chocolate. A girl can dream, right?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• edited June 2018
    Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD: 7 edit: 8 on Saturday 

WAYDTGKU: bding, temping, OPKs 

R/R: just started temping a few days ago and I already have temping anxiety. The first time I did it I woke up at 530ish and everyday after that Ive been worrying about sleeping way past that. I've been waking up at random times throughout the night looking at the time. 

CS/Q: none
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm that gets better as you get used to it.
  • @suzycupcake *hugs* sorry to see you back here. Agreed about clinics on the beach... they say stress is a contributing factor when it comes to health issues in general, so why must they stress out the patients so much? 

@tinybluesprite welcome! Yoga sounds amazing. We’ve been talking about getting back into it once we move into the new house. Former owner is a fitness/Pilates instructor so they have a studio in the basement. They’re taking the equipment but leaving the custom rubber floor mats and wall of mirrors. I joked to MH that we could use it for something kinky but a little yoga studio is clearly the safer option

TTC History: