Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY 6/28/18

The World Cup is currently taking place in Russia. So for today's GTKY: 
How many of the World Cup countries have you visited? if any, which one(s)?  What did you like best?
Which ones would you like to visit? Why?
Image result for world cup 2018 countries graphic

TTC#1 10/2016
TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

Re: GTKY 6/28/18

• I have been to 6 of them - Mexico, Germany, England, Switzerland, Sweden and Australia.  I spent the most time in Australia, I lived there for 3.5 months for a work rotation so it holds a special place in my heart.  Love their culture and I created so many memories traveling all over there.

Of the remaining countries, I'd love to visit France to drink wine, shop and see all the sights.
  • I have been to five of them - Mexico, Costa Rica, Spain, England and France. It is a tough call but likely Costa Rica since I was there for a few years and my parents are still there now. Plusalso beach, sunshine and surfing!
    But Spain is likely a close second, we had a really good time in Barcelona. 
  • Loading the player...
  • MH and I went to Costa Rica for our honeymoon last summer. We went snorkeling, hiked through cloud forests and volcanoes, and rode ATVs. The country is beautiful and the people are so friendly! 

I would love to visit Spain, England, France, Australia...pretty much all of the countries listed. I love to travel! 
  • I have only been to 2- England and France.  I love England!  France was nice too, but I liked England better.

I would love to visit Australia, Germany, Belgium, Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland....ok a lot of them!
  • I’ve only been to Mexico, but traveling to England and France in a few weeks with H!!
  • Just 2 – Germany and Mexico. Saw a lot more of Germany than Mexico, pretty much just enjoyed the beaches there – but they were beautiful! All of the history and food in Germany were amazing, I still remember the bakeries there and the trip was almost 20 years ago. Would love to visit many of these, but specifically France and Japan for the food and history, Costa Rica for the natural beauty, and Egypt (if it were safe) for the history.

• I've only been to Mexico!  
    I'd like to add Morocco, Argentina, Spain, Portugal - the food alone would be worth it!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • edited June 2018
    4 - Japan, England, Belgium and France. I would go back to all of them in a heart beat if we had the time and money! 

Edit: missed Belgium! 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• I'm so lame. I've never been out of the country not even for our honeymoon. I'm hoping to one day to go Italy. That has been my dream vacation since forever. 
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm I did my student teaching in Italy, so I lived in Rome for about 3 months. It is amazing and beautiful. I would go back a heartbeat! 
  • I've been to England and Mexico. I liked them both for different reasons but I loved England. I would love to go France (for the history), Iceland (for the scenery), and Scandinavian countries (because that is where some of my ancestors are from). 
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    6- Belgium, France, England, Spain, Germany, & Mexico. Of those, Belgium was my favorite. I have spent extensive time there (live-in au pair) and have been there dozens of times. Delicious street waffles, Nutella, chocolate, and lots of culture & Christmas markets. I loved exploring all the historical places. 

@Avrilmai Great GTKY- thanks!!
  • Never left the US.
  • I went to Mexico on a cruise once, but that is it.

I would love to visit Germany and Switzerland the most, but really I would go to them all if I could!

• @Avrilmai love this GTKY!

I've been to 5 - Japan, Mexico, England, France, Italy. Love all of them, would go back there in a heartbeat. We are hoping to do Japan for our honeymoon as I've been about 5 times but my honey has never been. We're both Japanese, but 4th generation Canadian. 

I would be happy adding any of those countries to my list but must-sees include Croatia, Brazil, Australia, Peru, Spain, South Korea, Belgium, Morocco, Egypt... we love to cook/eat so anywhere with good food is high on our list of places to visit.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• I've been to 4- England, France, Mexico and Australia- like many people I've only been to the coastal cities in Mexico, but they were beautiful beaches. England was a wonderful experience so much history and theater! Australia was wonderful as well, such a varied experience from city to city.  

Germany has been at the top of my list for years. I've never been to any South American Countries and many intrigue me, I'd like to go to Argentina for sure. My DH has been to Switzerland and I want to get there soon. Belgium, Iceland, Egypt, Morocco and Croatia are also on my list.

@jrm_14 I have a friend that was a live-in au pair in Belgium about 15 years ago. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• I've been to 9 - Mexico, Germany, England, Spain, Iceland, France, Switzerland, Croatia, Australia.

I studied in England (London) for a year, so it's got a special place in my heart.  Switzerland is great (but expensive). I also HIGHLY recommend Croatia also because 1) The national parks (Krka and Plitvice) are incredibly beautiful and are beyond anything I've ever experienced. 2) The food is literally the best food I have ever eaten. Everything is pretty much organic and so fresh! The prosciutto is 100x better than anything you can get here and in Italy. It's that amazing. And lastly, 3) Everything is so cheap there! The USD to HRK conversion definitely works in our favor. I kid you not - one night we spent less than $10 USD on a gigantic platter of antipasto, a huge pizza and beer. 

H and I love to travel, so we try to plan one big trip a year.  Neither of us have been to Asia, so Japan is prolly #1 on my list. Also Peru because I really want to backpack Machu Picchu!
  • I've only been to Mexico. I would love to get to Sweden, since my family (many generations ago) emigrated from there!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • 7- Mexico, Peru, Costa Rica, Spain, France, Italy and Panama. I'd love to go to Egypt or Morocco.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • 7–Japan, Mexico, Germany, England, Spain, France, and Switzerland.  I love to travel!  If I had to pick, I think my favorite would be Japan. I would love to go to all the new places on the list but my top pick would be Australia (I would love to hold a koala!)
  • None of them  :'(
  • amc772amc772 member
    Australia is the only one I have been to and I highly recommend!
  • I've been to 5. France and Switzerland were my favorites. I would love to go to Australia some time!
  • I’ve been to Mexico and France. Would love to go to Sweden, Germany, and Australia 
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited June 2018
    I’ve been to two. Mexico and England. My favorite of the two would be Mexico. The culture is amazing. The vibrant colors, the music, dancing, community, affection, and food. 

I would want to visit all of the rest because I love to travel and experience new people, food, cultures and experiences. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN