December 2018 Moms

Due date check in 12/1 and earlier to 12/8 - week of 6.25

Thought I'd start this week's check in.

How far along are you?  How big is baby?

How are you feeling?  

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

What was the best year of your life so far and why?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Due date check in 12/1 and earlier to 12/8 - week of 6.25

• Loading the player...
  • @kadeephd I hope you feel better soon! I go through periods of feeling down, too.

17+5 as tall as a Hershey bar. Yummm

How are you feeling?  
    I feel good for the most part. More energy than the first trimester, but I do run out of it quickly.

I told myself not to buy anything for this LO because we have so much already, but I couldn't resist an adorable blanket & gender neutral personalized onesie from Zulily the other day.. oops.

It's a tie between 25 & 27 ish. In 2014 DH and I got married, went on an awesome honeymoon, I got out of a horrible job & landed my goal job that I wanted while I was in banking. Things were just.. great and focused on me & him.
    2016 -- we finally moved into our newly renovated home back where we grew up, got pregnant and had DS. Pretty hard to beat those life events.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • How far along are you?  How big is baby?
    16w 4d. Baby is an avocado. I'm suspicious about this week size though. 
    How are you feeling?  
    even more exhausted then 1st tri. I've been battling with some serious sciatica flare ups and general all over back pain. And I'm hungry. So so hungry .
    I'm moving in 2 weeks .this is the second time I'll be moving in my 5th month of pregnancy. I swore I'd never make that mistake again yet here I am.
    2017. Years ago our financial situation fell apart and we lost a lot . We lived with my parents for years trying to get it together. I started at my job late 2016 and last year I received 2 promotions and hubby got one as well. We got back on our feet, got an apartment, 2 cars, and could finally afford to live again
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?
    17 weeks, 1 Day. Baby is the size of a pomegranate. 

How are you feeling?
    Week 16 was a hard one for me because I stopped feeling baby and was waking up in the middle of the night with diarrhea and cramping. I was really worried there for 3-4 days. Thankfully, yesterday i had nausea, RLP, and acid reflux. He also kicked me twice. So, apparently baby went on vacation or was just messing with me for a few days. I'm pretty tired this morning and I look like a whale. So, feeling a lot more positive emotionally.

R/R/Q/DD?
    My first wedding anniversary is coming up at the end of July. I told my husband what I wanted to do for it and he didn't like the idea. So, I am letting him th of ideas. I'm worried that he's going to forget to plan things and we'll do something spur of the moment. I don't know if he realizes that this is an important milestone for me, but he damn well should. I mean it's our first wedding anniversary for crying out loud.

What was the best year of your life and why?
    Probably 17, 20, or 29. At 17, I finally got to the tail end of puberty and was feeling pretty and attractive instead of awkward. I was in a bunch of musicals at school and I was thinking about college. I also had a boyfriend and my first kiss. Yup, first kiss at 17 lol. 20 was a great year because I felt in control of what I was doing in college and had great friendships. I am currently 29. I'd say being pregnant (despite the pains and MS) has been amazing. I'm in a good place. I'm married to a great guy, I have a lovely home, I am pregnant, and I have a decent job that helps pay the bills. All in all, I'm a pretty happy camper right now.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
    13w5d - The size of a lemon

How are you feeling?  
    In general, pretty good. Just so so exhausted still all the time.  NT scan going so well but some of my anxiety at bay.

I wish I could sleep well and long.  And the boob pain is sooo painful right now!

24. I was done with grad school and living in an apartment in Brooklyn with my best friend that we could barely afford. We had the best time of our lives.  Our friends were always at our apt. We went to our favorite lounge every weekend. We shared an order of chinese food for dinner more often than not so we could afford the rent and to go out on the weekends.  We both dated a lot and just had all the fun.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • And... i posted in the wrong week. LOL!  HI GUYS! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lexidawg I don't wanna hear how awesome 24 was for you.  :D:D Kidding! You can crash anytime :) 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• MDKC14MDKC14 member
    kadeephd said:
    Thought I'd start this week's check in.

16w5d
    My office doesn't measure anything so I'm going to say baby is as big as an avocado.

How are you feeling?  
    Feeling better than I have but I think that's in large part to sleeping on the couch instead of our old mattress (which we'll be replacing within the next month). I'm dealing with some heart stuff right now and that is causing most of my symptoms (shortness of breath, increased heart rate, nausea, etc.)

With this being my third I kind of assumed I would feel baby by now; I definitely had with my previous two anyways. Nothing yet and I that isn't helping me connect the way I want to. This baby wasn't planned like my others (I went in for BC and within two of the appt was pregnant) so I was struggling to get on board emotionally. I just feel like finally feeling the movements and knowing where baby is will help with that.
    Tough one. Even though the past year has been one of my toughest I feel like it's also been one of the most rewarding for me as a wife and mother.

Married: 08/04/13
    DS: 11/25/14
    DD: 06/25/16
    EDD: 12/05/18

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    17 weeks today!! Wow I really cannot believe I'm almost halfway through this pregnancy. Babies are the size of pomegranates! 

How are you feeling?  
    I'm feeling good, just really pregnant. I swear I wake up visibly larger every. day. 

Sleep is just not going well lol. I can sleep with the snoogle or without, I still wake up sore and tired. I guess maybe this is just preparing me for when babies arrive! 

Besides the recent (and very sudden) passing of my mother in law, I would say this year is probably the best. I got married, bought a house, got a new job that I LOVE, and now we're expecting twins. A lot of life has happened (both good and bad) and I feel so lucky every day to have the life I do. 
  • How far along are you?  How big is baby? 17 + 2, pomegranate

How are you feeling?   Exhausted still, back hurts every other day, I feel like my allergies are really bothering me and my allergy pill is not cutting it.

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Like some of you I haven't really felt the baby move.  I really expected to feel something by now, especially since I felt stuff at 19 weeks last time.  It is making me feel anxious about this pregnancy in general, and of course I don't have another appointment for two more weeks. I also feel like my belly hasn't grown in the past two weeks, and although I haven't had a loss I'm super worried about one right now.

Oh goodness so hard because every good thing has come with stress! We got married in 2015 which was amazing, and we had our daughter in 2017, although that was riddled with stress and anxiety and PPA. Maybe this year because I'm finally at a job I enjoy, I'm pregnant with #2 and it finally feels better to relax and enjoy life with my daughter.

@whitneyb89 I'd definitely talk to your doctor about that.
    @goyabean913 how far of a move are you making? are you driving??
    @texas_t I feel you on the anxiety, when is your next appt?
    @binxybaby my husband doesn't remember those things, so I'd definitely have to remind him it was an important day.  he royally sucked at mother's day and it became a fight- so maybe remind him how important it is so that you can avoid a big blow out?
  • @kristah2 We've been having trouble scheduling a trip too.  Hope you find a time that works.

@GoyaBean913 Good luck with the move!  I don't envy you, but hopefully your new place will be worth it.

@lexidawg Your 24 does sound awesome!  You are welcome to visit our due date check in anytime :smile:

@texas_t I'm trying to take it easy with the exercising, just yoga a few times a week and walking.  I don't want to overdo it!  I can be pretty intense about exercise.  Yoga does seem to help me relax though.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @whitneyb89 Sorry you're having eye trouble! I would def mention it at your next appointment, unless it happens again/worse before then. Then you may wanna call. Hopefully they won't happen again!

@kristah2 Sounds like an amazing 2016!

@GoyaBean913 Good luck with the move! I'm hoping you'll have loads of help. Take it easy on yourself!

17 weeks 3 days! Baby bean is the size of a pomegranate!

How are you feeling?  
    Ok. I'm still having bad leg cramps at night, which makes sleeping rough. And I've been experiencing more dizziness and headaches than I ever have before. Makes working on the computer really hard! And like @Jens_Hoes, my allergies have been outrageous! I hope we both get some relief soon!

Can't think of anything at the moment...

For me, it would have to be 24. I moved out of my parents house into our first apartment with DH, adopted our puppy Reese, graduated with my Master's, oh, and had the best day ever when I married DH! Although, 33 is shaping up to be a pretty great year b/c of baby bean! ;)
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @clawbaby1202 it's like that isn't it? Yesterday I woke up for work and immediately was like " yup...im bigger today..". I felt like I gained 10lbs all in my uterus overnight.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Jens_Hoes My next appointment is my AS on July 10th.It feels so far awayyyy.
    @kadeephd We walk and hike. I try to keep it lower intensity for a longer period of time.  I overdid it last week and was exhausted.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t Mine isn't until the 12th, I feel you
  • hkomhkom member
    17 weeks today!  A pomegranate.

How are you feeling?  
    Pretty good.  My cold is gone so I can finally breathe and me head doesn't feel like it weighs 100 lbs.  RLPs are bad this week though.  Still waiting to look more pregnant and less fat.

I spent the greater part of the last 3 days bent at the waist (garden work all day Sunday and field work for my job yesterday and today) and it's just so uncomfortable :(  I think it's making my RLPs worse as well.

Also, sorry I'm bad at TB this week, in terms of contributing and replying.  I don't hate you guys, I promise.  Work is insane and by the time I get home and settled I can't seem to catch myself up on these threads enough to feel like I can add anything meaningful.

I would say 2017.  Started the year off with an awesome vacation in the Florida Keys, one of my favorite places ever.  We finally felt settled in the house we bought in 2016 and redid the kitchen which was TERRIBLE when we moved in.  Got married in October.  Went to Australia in November, which has been very high on my bucket list ever since my step-sister moved there with here mom like 20 years ago.  I had some BS going on with my brother for the past 2.5 years, but the other good stuff in 2017 was able to overshadow it pretty successfully.

The years H and I were first dating were amazing as well.  The relationship was new and exciting, I had less work and family stress, and we had more free time so we could be more spontaneous.  I was also in super amazing shape haha.  But I also wasn't financially stable (grad school pay is... not good) and once I was done with grad school (about 9 months after we started dating) I moved back to Cincinnati while H stayed in Lexington until we bought the house.  So we were "long distance" for about 3 years, which I didn't realize sucked so badly until we finally moved in together.  I wouldn't trade the comfort and stability we have with each other now for all of the new relationship sparkles and spontaneity in the world.

BabyFruit Ticker

17 weeks 3 days - pomegranate 

How are you feeling?  
    Still pretty good! Though when baby is moving it is such a surrral feeling that sometimes I don’t like it - I’m weird I know.

My husband informed me this past weekend I’m in an awkward stage of pregnancy because it’s hard to tell if I’m fat or pregnant when I wear semi-loose t-shirts. I told him I’ve been looking that way for awhile and he’s just now noticing! Hahahaha! 

2016- my husband and I got engaged and married, I became a step-Mom to an amazing little boy I love so much, we sold our old house and bought six acres to build our new house. Also my husband started his first season of working for himself in his landscaping business which I help do a lot of the administrative tasks for. But 2018 will probably beat it, I got an awesome promotion in January. Even though I miscarried in January we were blessed to quickly have our rainbow baby and can’t wait to meet them! Also DH business this year is really growing and doing well, so proud of him! 
    17+3; baby weighs as much as a hockey puck (Canadian here - any hockey references get noticed, lol)

How are you feeling?  
    Great! This week the back pain is gone. I think due to some of the stretches I learned in yoga. 

Heard the baby's heart beat today! 140 BPM. So far it's been 169 (us), 169 (us), 142 (doppler), and 140 (Doppler). I'm reminding myself because I meant to write this down in my little journal..
    It was also my first appointment at the maternity clinic and I am quite happy. Even though there is no guarantee which doctor will deliver (I thought maybe they would be in call or something), they seem really good. They take a serious approach to mental health during pregnancy and ask you to take a short survey at each appointment. I thought that was pretty neat.

these questions are hard! I have no idea.. I guess I try not to categorize years and just enjoy. I did have a really "cool" year where I got to travel all over the world (ish) as an international representative for my youth group, but I feel guilty calling it the best year because it took me away from my boyfriend (now husband) with whom I was already in a long distance relationship for about a year. So it was a tough year in some ways, but in other ways an unforgettable experience.

• How far along are you? How big is baby?
    17+1 - whaaaaaaaat??????? Allegedly the size of a pomegranate. 

How are you feeling?  
    Big? I don't think I looked this pregnant til 6-7 months with DD. Also, I'm terribly forgetful. Like, bad and it sucks. Aaand I feel like I pee roughly every 60-90 minutes. I had a long, morning meeting today and I think I peed four times before lunch. 

I need to start planning for maternity leave... and prepping for my ask. We don't have a maternity policy, so I need to prepare and ask for what I want. Not looking forward to it. 

This is too hard! I'll say 2016 because that's when DD was born. A close second would be 2014 because DH and I took some big trips. 
  • @hoosiermama-2 Our company didn't have a maternity policy because I was the first woman to get pregnant here! With my first we talked about it and I asked for 10 weeks off and HR helped me arrange my withholdings for me to prepay in the months leading up to delivery DS1.  We are mirroring the same plan this go around.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• How far along are you?  How big is baby? 17 weeks today. Baby is roughly 5 inches long, crown to rump. 

How are you feeling?  Like I don't have a great handle on my feelings. about 50% of the time I feel not great but at least steady; the other 50% of the time, I'm concerned about how miserable I am. Seems to be worse in the evenings. On the plus side, physically I'm pretty okay, so there's that. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Husband has been spending a lot of late nights out lately (work, hockey, socialization), which is not helping. I don't mind that he's got other obligations, but especially since our time together often focuses on our daughter, I really miss having the chance to connect with him one-on-one (which is also a function of us not really making the effort to make our limited time after she goes to bed quality time... both the time available to connect and the ways in which we do it need an upgrade).  Had a conversation with him night before last, but I don't think it really clicked. We'll see. 

Either 2013 or 2015. In 2013, I'd just started dating my husband, went on an epic Europe trip with a good friend, read a shitton of good books, and didn't hate my job as much as I do now. 2015, I got engaged, got married, had an epic European honeymoon, got pregnant, read good books, and just generally enjoyed life.
  • @ab_canada I'm so glad you liked the maternity clinic. It's awesome that put such a strong focus on mental health - I wish more practices were like that. I don't think anyone at my OB office has asked anything about mental health issues in any of my 3 appointments with them so far. 

@hoosiermama-2 Yeah, what is with the uptick in peeing? I thought that was mainly a 1st and 3rd tri thing. But I feel like I've been going more this past week than I ever did in the 1st trimester! Good luck talking with work about your maternity leave!

@AGK2015 I'm sorry you've been feeling down. Hopefully the talk you had with H will sink in and he'll spend more time at home so you two can just be together. I feel your pain when DH is out - it just feels so isolating. FX things get better for you!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @AGK2015 I sympathize with you -- I am definitely feeling the ups and downs too.  I hope your husband is understanding and steps things up a bit.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @texas_t I was at a different company when I had DD in 2016, and same situation! I asked for 16 weeks and got it, paid. Then they implemented an official policy, which ended up being 12 weeks full + an optional week paid or half-pay, I don't remember. 

Thanks, @mag1cbeli3ver! I'm going to ask for 16, but I have a feeling we'll compromise at 12. I won't be thrilled about it but thankful because most have it worse.