Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 6/25

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What BSC superstitions do you have from having gotten pregnant the before?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: TFAS w/o 6/25

• Options

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? DD turns 2 this week

Any thoughts about this cycle? Think I’ll O this week.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD’s bday is this week and we’re going camping this weekend through 4th of July.

GTKY: What BSC superstitions do you have from having gotten pregnant the before?

Last time, I went camping the weekend during my tww and then found out about DD. We’re going camping this weekend and the timing would be the same and I’m hoping the relaxation and fresh air has the same effect.
  • Options

What number are you trying for? 2 (3 counting Neice)

Cycle/Month? 11/8

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? Ds almost 3, niece 9.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I started this cycle feeling really good about it but the last few days have me feeling really down and like it's just never going to happen.

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Neice was a chore this weekend. I love her but my God can she be....b^$*%. It was maybe exasperated my my mood. Brag- DSs daycare was doing a sticker chart to earn a trip to the farm. I have no clue what the final outcome was, but DS was ththe only 1 to fill his chart. He has his moments too but he's such a great kid overall.

GTKY: What BSC superstitions do you have from having gotten pregnant the before? My BFP for DS was on Thanksgiving night  (I was just about a week late). O for loss was on Christmas day. So now looking at this cycle, I could be a few days late for the 4th. See my theme.....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@meggyme a restful tww while camping seems totally conducive to getting ku! Hope you have a great trip!

@prpl11butterfly May the holidays be ever in your favor!

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 6/6

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? We had ok timing, but just feeling like it’s not going to happen. 

Any questions? I’m currently drinking a smoothie made with pineapple core... please tell me I not the only one who gets sucked into some of the less scientific things?

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS has suddenly started asking if he can “get a baby” and it’s super sweet and also completely breaking my heart. I want so badly to give him a sibling.

GTKY: What BSC superstitions do you have from having gotten pregnant the before? We got pregnant with DS at the beach, and I was definitely convinced that our beach trip back in May was going to be the magic ingredient for a successful pregnancy...

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly I'm sure that makes TTC around any holidays that much more trying.

@LelkCot I drank green tea for like 8 days straight this cycle before realizing I couldn't find any of the "research" that convinced me to do it in the first place. And I see DD with other babies and it makes my heart hurt wanting to give her a sibling. It would be so much harder if she started to ask for one.
  • Options
    @LElkCot DS has been all about babies too. He has a few of nieces dolls she's given him and will walk around saying "it's okay baby, don't cry" and snuggling them. It's too much sometimes. I eat a ton of pineapple just because (not so much the core) and was hoping it would help. But it hasn't and I'm tired of cutting them.

@meggyme it certainly adds to my stress. FX that your camping trip is all it takes to make it happen for you!
  • Options

Cycle/Month? 7/6

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? Dd is 5 almost 6

Any thoughts about this cycle? Definitely hio eod, 

Any questions? None

Rant/Rave/Brag: Dd is like an endless pit. She's hungry like every 30 minutes. I have no idea where she puts it all bc she still can fit into 3t clothes.

GTKY: What BSC superstitions do you have from having gotten pregnant the before? None
  • Options

@meggyme Happy Birthday to your daughter! Enjoy camping. It’s my favorite. FX it’s your good luck charm.

@prpl11butterfly Sorry your niece has been testing you. I’m also feeling the same about this cycle. Went in really optimistic and now feeling crappy about it.

Cycle/Month? 6/6

WTO/TWW? Think I Oed yesterday so TWW

Ages of other child? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? It’s so nice knowing for sure when I ovulated. O pain opks and EWM all aligned just waiting for temps but DD has been waking up at odd hours so they are pretty messed up.

Any questions? Does anyone else get really painful O? I could hardly sit down yesterday because mine was so bad. I ended up needed Motrin. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: performance anxiety and toddler sabotaged my good timing so I’m not optimistic anymore. 

GTKY: What BSC superstitions do you have from having gotten pregnant the before? Well this month would give me a due date two days after DDs bday. As a teacher March is the dream month to get pregnant. I got my BFP with her on July 12 and started having my first symptoms around the 4th of July and even though I don’t love the idea of them sharing a bday month I feel like that’s the exact reason I will be having a dejavu pregnancy. 
  • Options

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO CD1

Ages of other child(ren)? 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm coming into his cycle with a new plan (SMEP) and positive thoughts. I already calculated my EDD if this cycle is successful and it's April 1, no joke! Haha.

Any questions? This is kind of a confession and question together. I have this horrible habbit when I go shopping for clothes for DS that I also end up buying clothes for future babies. I find adorable baby clothes and I  can't resist buying them! I definitely don't need more boy clothes because we had plenty of clothes for DS that he's already grown out of. We were team green for DS so I had a good amount of gender neutral and boy and girl clothes ready to go. I really would like a daughter at some point, so I keep buying girl clothes. So now I have way too many baby clothes laying around and I need to find a good way to store all of them. We're short of storage space at the moment so all the clothes that DS has outgrown are in diaper boxes under his crib and in his closet. I literally don't have any more room for the next set of clothes he grows out of. Any storage advice or ways to stop me from buying baby clothes I don't need? :)

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS has been sleeping through the night 5-7 nights a week for the past month and it is AWESOME! 

GTKY: What BSC superstitions do you have from having gotten pregnant the before
    Not really. We BD on -2 and 0 the cycle that I got KU so I told DH that we should BD on those days this cycle. Also, I always keep my pelvis and legs elevated for at least 10 minutes after we BD.
  • Options
    DH just cancelled my camping trip because he can't take the time away from work. :cry: So much for that superstition...
  • Options

@meggyme I'm sorry about the camping. Maybe you can make s'mores and eat them in your backyard? Backyard camping? 

@prpl11butterfly I hope this is your holiday!

@LElkCot Pineapple smoothie sounds delicious! 

@asupernovablizzardstorm lol @ the endless pit!

@JLaVO888 I've had painful O before, but I never took anything. Have you tried icyhot/biofreeze/bengay? I used to use it for period cramping when I was in HS a long time ago. Not sure if it'll work. 

@luckywife10 +1 on the keeping pelvis elevated. I feel like an idiot just laying there, but maybe it works?

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WF AF 

Ages of other child(ren)? 13 months (but I feel a little silly saying his age in months still) 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Timing was terrible (work trip), waiting for AF. FX for next month!

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: We had to say goodbye to our truck this weekend. It had a potentially expensive engine problem (they would have to rip it apart to find out what was wrong with it), so we just cut our losses and got a check. The timing was terrible since we literally bought a new sedan last week to replace my little car.  So now  we are keeping my little car until we can save some more money for a down payment on an SUV. I'm not gonna lie, I cried when I say goodbye to it. :'(

GTKY: What BSC superstitions do you have from having gotten pregnant the before? We were in NZ during the TWW before my BFP and I bought a postcard of a picture of a Tiki symbol that is supposed to help with fertility.  Apparently you're supposed to put it under your pillow or mattress while you BD.  I didn't end up putting it under my pillow because I got the BFP before the next cycle.  I am pretty sure it was not the postcard but the awesome trip to NZ that kept my mind occupied during the TWW so I was stress-free, but it can't hurt to try this time around, right?? 
  • Options
    Ughhh sorry Meggyme!! 
  • Options

@meggyme Ooo no, sorry for the trip getting canceled. Figuring out time off is always tough.  

@prpl11butterfly I kind of figure, I do smoothies for breakfast anyways… and pineapple certainly can’t hurt. But ya, cutting them up is annoying, as is finding Tupperware to hold it!

@JLaVO888 Yep, my O pains have been on the rise in recent months. Friday it was getting very close to needing medication.

@lilly91613 I feel like things always break down at the worst time. Sorry for the truck going out!

• Options

@JLaVO888 Yes, I have super painful O!  If I get the pain in the MOTN, it wakes me up, and if it's during the day I just want to curl up on the couch and not move for an hour.  I always wonder about this when I think back to the days before ever TTC and when I didn't track my cycles.  Like, did I think I was dying once a month back then when I got this pain?  Did I not get it before tracking (which doesn't make sense)?  I don't know.  

Cycle/Month? 9/8

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 18 months

Any thoughts about this cycle?  Just had my HSG this morning and my tubes are clear, confirming that a spasm caused my "blocked tube" during my SHG.  Trying to remain hopeful moving forward.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Car shopping for my H this week and now I want all the cars he is looking at...

GTKY: What BSC superstitions do you have from having gotten pregnant the before?  I just feel like everything has to be exactly the same, timing, symptoms, etc...
  • Options
    @Sparty18 @Jlavo888 I didn't used to get O pain until after having a child. In fact I always thought "O pain" was more of a sharp feeling on one side or the other instead of the cramps I get now. I wonder if all those organs stretching lead to some kind of muscle memory when it comes to ovulating and that's why I feel more.
  • Options
    @meggyme I definitely had them when trying for our first, but I do not remember them before trying.  Very odd.
  • Options
    I remember getting little pinches for O and I know for sure I had a tingle of O pain the month we conceived DD but the last few months it’s more than a pinch. Now it’s jist getting down right painful. I don’t know if I should blame pregnancy or IUD. But it makes me feel better that I’m not alone becuase Dr. Google likes to stress you out when you type in “extremely painful ovulation”.
  • Options

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5 yrs

Any thoughts about this cycle? I think I'm getting my hopes up too much because I'm going back to acupuncture and we'll actually be able to hit all the days in FW this week (for the first time since we started trying). I had plenty of cycles of hitting all the good days when we were trying for DD that ended up with me not being KU. 

Any questions? Anyone ever have hemorrhoid intervention? I'm thinking I might need to have that rubber banding procedure done. Pushing out my melon head child (she's literally been 99% head circumference since the day she was born so... yeah.) left me with a "cluster of hemorrhoids" that has never gone away. They've recently been getting worse. I recently started drinking diet soda pretty frequently (since we went on WW), and I'm now cutting that out to see if it will help. I really don't want to sacrifice a cycle to deal with hemi intervention, but it's been pretty bad lately. Shooting pains that stop me in my tracks until they pass, discomfort walking, sometimes pain with sitting. I am wishing them away and using Prep H, but I don't know if that's gonna work. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I'm kind of feeling like it's going to take forever to get KU again. I'm thinking about all the big events we have coming up that I was envisioning being pregnant and and instead now seeing myself still with an empty womb. Ugh. If we're unsuccessful this month, we're going to have crappy timing next month due to BIL's bachelor party weekend. I'm just feeling really low today. 

GTKY: What BSC superstitions do you have from having gotten pregnant the before? We won't get pregnant if we don't hit -2 and -1. We won't get pregnant if we use any kind of lube. I can't get pregnant without going back to acupuncture. I think that's it. 

@sparty18 I totally get feeling like everything has to be exactly the same in order to get KU again. I haven't had those conditions yet, and I feel like even if I get them, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'm over 30 now *gasp* so I feel like maybe my egg quality isn't as good. DH is more stressed this time around. Sigh. 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• Options
    @general_organa @prpl11butterfly Hugs and more hugs ladies. It’s so hard when you hit an emotional down when TTC. I think sometimes we force ourselves into a negative downspiral so that when we see the BFN it hurts less. But I’m keeping my hopes for both of you. Butterfly I hand to go check your hart out in TWW and it still looks BEA-U-tiful!! 
  • Options

@meggyme I can see how camping is super relaxing and why you'd be hopeful. I'm so so sorry it got canceled  :'(

prpl11butterfly I got pregnant with DD on Christmas Day, so I'm definitely hopeful for the 4th :)

LElkCot I thought pineapple core was supposed to send you into labor. How does it help with pregnancy?

RE: O pain. I used to think I was going to start my period early when I felt those pains. It wasn't until I started tracking that I realized it was around my O. Strangely I feel them after I've Oed, instead of before.

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 9 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I feel like we timed everything really well, but this is my first cycle temping and everything, so I'd be very surprised if this was the one.

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD finally got her top teeth and has been worlds sweeter and happier!

GTKY: What BSC superstitions do you have from having gotten pregnant the before?  Not really any superstitions, but we got pregnant the first time we HIO after a + OPK. So I'm definitely going to be hopeful when that happens again.
  • Options
    @marebear15 supposedly the bromelain in the pineapple (specifically the core) has properties that will aid in implantation. Really no strong science behind it, but I figure it can't hurt... (I'm grasping, but pineapple is tasty, so I'm ok with it)
  • Options

What number are you trying for?  3

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)?  4 year old son and a daughter in heaven

Any thoughts about this cycle? I really hope this one is better than last cycle.  Last cycle was so long and crazy and my body kept gearing up to O and then not doing it.  Just glad it finally decided to do it.  I am not getting my hopes up this cycle though because the timing may not work out.  We go on family vacation with my mom and brother next week and then DH will be out of town for two weeks at the end of the month.  So if O doesn't happen in the time he's here, we will miss out.

Any questions? I don't think so.

Rant/Rave/Brag:  I have gone 4 days without an energy drink, but want one sooooo bad right now.  I won't give in but dang they are addicting.

GTKY: What BSC superstitions do you have from having gotten pregnant the before?  That I have to have sex the day before O and that's the only day that will work.  And that apparently I only get pregnant in August.
  • Options

What Number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 1/1

Ages of other Child(ren)? 2 boys 5&3

Any thoughts about this cycle? I am just praying my husband can get with the program and remember to pull out until my cycle gets regulated! This is more of a practice cycle and next month as well.

Rants/Rave/Brag: Well because I know I wont be able to do lots of things once I am pregnant I have been going overboard. Like I need to eat tuna every day for the next month+. So dumb

GTKY: What BSC superstitions do you have from having gotten pregnant the before? I don't think I have any superstitions.

• Options
    @klmcguire I was the same way on my first cycle. I had my bucket list of need to dos before being pregnant again. Sushi, subway drinking etc. Now it seems silly becuase that was 6 months ago but I do think I use the possibility of this being my last cycle drinking to enduldge in a few extra summer beers than I usually do! 

• Options
    If anyone is interested, another bumpie and I are trying to get some regular activity going over on the Parenting board. Check it out if you're interested and would like another place to more openly discuss our kids.
  • Options
    JLaVO888  I am always good for a couple extra summer beers! Bring on the leinenkugel
  • Options

Hi! Ready to jump right in!

What number are you trying for?  3

Cycle/Month?  I'm going to call it 1/1 since we weren't really trying before

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)?  3 year old twin girls

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I think we missed it, but I'm not temping so who knows really.

Any questions?  

Rant/Rave/Brag:  I'm trying to potty train my girls because I have some irrational fear of being judged for have 3 year olds in diapers.  It's a nightmare.

GTKY: What BSC superstitions do you have from having gotten pregnant the before?  That I need to gentle rub my belly to help implantation?  Ugh.  One of my friend's moms told me it's the best way to "connect" to the baby.

Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mermaidca best of luck with potty training - it's stressful/trying, but man it's nice to be (mostly) done with diapers! 
  • Options
    @mermaidca I'm potty training my LO also. She just turned 2, so she still requires a lot of help just in getting her pants off. At least at 3 they're a bit more capable and independent. Good luck with the two of them!
  • Options
    Thanks @LElkCot and @meggyme . I know it will all be worth it - it's just crazy with 2 of them.  I usually miss the timing with one because I'm helping the other.  I think I'll have to do a naked backyard weekend and see if that works!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
  • Options
    @mermaidca that's how I started with my LO. At least then I don't have to worry as much about cleaning up. I can hit the whole deck with a hose.
  • Options
    I am loving all the potty training tips. LO is only 13 months, so we are really far from potty training, but these are helpful!

Does anyone have any insight on transitioning from bottle to cup for milk?  When did you do it? How? DS is great at drinking water out of his "Miracle 360" cup, so I was thinking of just getting another one of those (in a different color) for milk.
  • Options
    @lilly91613 if he already drinks from the 360 cup you shouldn't have too much of a problem. DD transitioned pretty easily at 1 year.
  • Options
    @lilly91613 my DS has a 360 cup and he loves it for milk. He drinks water out of an open cup or a CamelBak (or anything that his dad and I drink water out of DS wants a drink out of). I think the different colored 360 cups would work! From a developmental stand point, a child doesn't need to go from a bottle to a sippy cup to an open cup. 
  • Options
    @meggyme, @luckywife10 Thank you!  I'll have to go out this weekend (or just Prime it) to get the new cups.
  • Options
    @meggyme Happy Birthday to DD, Good Luck HIO! Sorry about cancelled camping.
    @LElkCot  I chuckled at the core comment. A lot of woman were doing that when I conceived DS but haven’t seen it much this time around. DS said to me the other that he wished we had baby in our family. I feel your pain.
    @JLaVO888 So I get O pain that last all day generally, but it’s weird because it’s 2-3 days before I actually O. It’s always worse with my left as well. @meggyme  I never had them before DS either.
    @general_organa  ouch, sorry about the hemmroids.
    @mermaidca DS is 3.5 still working on PT here too, naked is great if you’re ok with a few days of mess.
    @lilly91613 my 3.5 still doesn’t drink well from a cup. He find it hard to control how much he takes it. We do straws, because otherwise he just won’t drink.

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    Sorry for being MIA and popping in late. I’ve been painting most of the week. 

What number are you trying for? 2 biological, 4 overall

Cycle/Month? 1/2, a year overall

WTO/TWW? Twwy

Ages of other child(ren)? DS 3.5, DSS 20 soon, DSD 16

Any thoughts about this cycle? Timing wasn’t great

Any questions? not today

Rant/Rave/Brag:

nope 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options

mermaidca  @meggyme and anyone I missed... If yall haven't tried the 3 day method, I highly suggest it. I potty trained both of my boys at 23 months and I have lent my copy to parents in my youngest class and they all come back from a 3 day weekend raving about it!

I loved Potty training... Maybe I should go put that as my FFC :)

• Options
    @klmcquire I've been doing a mix of the three day and the oh crap potty training methods. We're still in pull ups because it takes away some of the stress of accidents, but she definitely does better when she's naked. Once she's a little more reliable about telling me she needs to go we will probably transition to underwear.
  • Options
    We did a prize system for Dd at 2.5 close to 3. It was like a triangle reward system with stickers and the prizes where from the dollar store. She also wanted to dance and had to be potty trained for that.