December 2018 Moms

FTM Check-in • 6/19

Just realized that this thread didn't get started this week - better late than never!

How far along are you?

Any appointment updates?  

RR/Q/DD? 

GTKY: Among your friends or family, what are you famous for?
NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: FTM Check-in • 6/19

• @binxybaby I had extra itchy nips a few weeks ago, but I chalked mine up to dry skin that wasn't sloughing off because I they were too sensitive. I fixed it with a mild AHA, yay!

How far along are you?
    15+2

Any appointment updates?  
    Not yet, today DH is getting the ball rolling on our healthcare. He needs to tell the base that we're here, then I can change our region, get assigned a new PCM, then get the referral I need to see the OB that I already have an appointment with. Whew.

RR/Q/DD? 
    Turns out that we'll be living out of our suitcases for a month (instead of ten days). And since we apparently have to really renovate the attic, it's actually good that we can have contractors here before our stuff arrives. This also means that if I want to paint, I really need to hurry up the cakes because I have time for once.

Friends: I think the off-hand comments are taking the stage lately. I either accidentally insult someone by speaking my mind ("that speech took forever, I need to go" ...not realizing that the speaker was behind me) or I just get tired and stop using my manners entirely ("where's my drink? I need to pay because I really need to poop"). 
    Family: I'm probably best-known for moving often, and marrying white men they've never met. But I would rather be known for gaining an undergraduate degree and traveling the world, but hey, c'est la vie.

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    14+4

Any appointment updates?  
    Not until my 16 week appointment on July 5. 

RR/Q/DD? 
    @binxybaby My dog and H were hogging the bed so I slept terribly last night and everything is sore today too. I am looking forward to no plans tonight and just stretching out on the couch and binge watching AHS (I'm rewatching the first season since they announced the new season is going to be a crossover)

I "make" tshirts which sounds cheesy and it is haha It started in high school to support my bff who was a star basketball player, I would actually buy the iron on letters and designs but now I've upgraded to just designing them on Custom Ink. My family and friends don't mind being embarrassed and wearing matching tshirts, I've made them for concerts, charity walks we've done, and to support my cousin who is a professional baseball player. I actually got a shout out on national TV for making them for one of his games we all traveled to! 
  • How far along are you?
    16 weeks 6 days!

Any appointment updates?  
    Nothing til anatomy scan on July 3rd! Can't wait to see baby bean again!

RR/Q/DD? 
    Random - I want a root beer float. That is all.

I would say most people know me as a big math dork! I've always loved math and now o teach it at a local university. Numbers are my thing - as I mentioned in the wedding thread, we got married on 01-02-2010 (same forwards and backwards), and we actually had our FET for this baby on March 14, pi day, which I saw as a great sign!!
    Oh, and definitely baking! Cheesecake) and coffee cake are my specialties!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @echo-charlietango That sucks that you won't be able to move in as quickly as expected! I hope all goes well with your reno (and the painting)!

@lippy625 I think it's actually pretty cool you make tshirts! I love custom ink! We've used it for a few fundraisers at school. But I don't do the designing - do you create all your designs yourself?
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• @mag1cbeli3ver Not really, I usually pick from the clip art and silhouettes Custom Ink offers and then think of clever sayings or phrases. Our Black Friday shopping tshirts said "Up all night to get lucky" which I had seen in a Google search and thought was hysterical. Also, I'm jealous that you love math, it gives me anxiety and I always tease that I became a lawyer so I wouldn't have to do math! Now that I work in construction, I have to work with more numbers than I would like. 
  • @binxybaby my nips/boobs and belly have been itching like crazy the last few weeks. I thought maybe it was from growing/stretching? But I've been putting lotion and body butter and it's been helping. 

@echo-charlietango I'm sure there are annoyances, it is pretty cool that you have time to get the house the way you like! 

@lippy625 making shirts is so cool! I had a friend in college who made amazing posters and I was always jealous 

@mag1cbeli3ver my department at work always celebrates pi day with a pie making contest! It's so fun 

How far along are you?
    15+1.... the size of an eggo waffle lol 

Any appointment updates?  
    Ob/doppler appt on Tuesday! 

RR/Q/DD? 
    Not much. I feel like I'm in a weird size between my regular clothes and maternity clothes. Just ready to be a little more pregnant 

I'm gonna say being good at trivia? People mistake it for being "smart" but I actually just have a great memory for facts and such. 
  • How far along are you?
    16+6, woot!

Any appointment updates?  
    I have one next week. Actually finally going to the maternity clinic (before now I have been going to my family doctor. She offered to refer me earlier if I wanted to, but I had nothing but basic questions so far, so I decided to delay that until they decided it was time). I am looking forward to probably meeting the team who will be in the delivery room and, of course, hearing the baby's heartbeat again.

RR/Q/DD? 
    More like needing emotional support..*TW* The fact that two Bump ladies in the past week have had to say goodbye is making me sad and nervous. Just somebody tell me everything is okay. Thank goodness my next appointment is on Tuesday, so only a few more days *End TW* 

Being the smart one, I think. Nothing too exciting ;)

• @ab_canada The ladies saying goodbye has made me extra nervous too. I know the likelihood of something happening are extremely low, but I'm still terrified. T-minus 11 days until my next appointment. I'll be happy to hear his heartbeat again.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • The losses this week have been so brutal. Especially when so many of us are getting to the point where we start feeling 'safe'. Every day closer to another listen to bbs heartbeat is a good day. 
  • Right there with you @ab_canada , @binxybaby , and @lexidawg. The losses are so heartbreaking and they just make me think that, it can happen to me too. My heart aches for those ladies and anyone who has suffered a loss. Just when I felt like I was getting comfortable with the idea of being pregnant...
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• I think the moral of the story is that there will always be reasons to be scared. Even after our babies are born, we will be scared over various things happening to them. Motherhood is a tough job...

• hkomhkom member

How far along are you?
    16 weeks and some change

Any appointment updates?  
    Had a good appointment on Tuesday.  Just the Doppler but they found the heartbeat right away and everything looked/sounded good.  Absolutely love both of the doctors in my office that I've seen to far.

RR/Q/DD? 
    Rave / Dear Diary:  Today has been a day.  I worked my ass off today to get done in time so I could go to the County Clerk and SS Office to change my name.  Unfortunately, Kentucky still exists in the dark ages so I couldn't find anything helpful online about what I needed to do first.  What I found sounded like I needed to file the request with the County Clerk first, and then go to the SS office.  Apparently that isn't correct.  But by the time I got out of the county building it was too late to go to the SS office because it's forever and a prayer away and they close at 4pm.  Plus I just knew it was going to be packed.  So now I'm mentally fried and all I want is several glasses of wine.  I bought some expensive chocolate instead.  I'm debating on doing the mail in option.  It takes longer, but I don't have to deal with the SS office.  H will be disappointed.  He hasn't insisted on me changing my name, but is really happy that I'm doing it.  I told him I was going to do this today and he was excited.  Looks like he'll have to wait a little longer. Sigh.

At least I'm excited for dinner tonight?  I'm making chicken marsala, which is one of our favorite meals to make at home.

In my immediate family, I'm not sure.  I would say cooking/baking, but both of my parents and my brother are also enthusiastic cooks/bakers.  Maybe for being the one of my siblings who has their shit together the most haha.  My half brother does pretty good though - his head is screwed on straight, doesn't get in trouble, he has a good job, and is studying to be a nurse.  My half sister is hopefully just going through her early 20s phase and will snap out of that soon (we've all been there - I was also a handful at that age).  My older brother is just... a mess.

Definitely cooking and baking for my friends and my in-laws.  My in-laws also think I'm practically a sommelier because I drink $15 bottles of wine instead of Carlo Rossi and/or $6 bottles of Riesling / Whit Zin :D  

BabyFruit Ticker

• hkomhkom member
    @binxybaby The pregnancy pillow takes some getting used to.  I wasn't sure about it the first night or two, but now I'm obsessed.  Also, fellow bug kid here!! I looooooved collecting them from the garden.

@mag1cbeli3ver My husband has been on a root beer float kick since it got hot outside!  He actually prefers them with chocolate ice cream, which I think is insane/blasphemy.

BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you?
    16 weeks, 1 day.

Any appointment updates? 
    I have my 16 weeks checkup on Tuesday.  It seems like a boring/kinda pointless appointment, but I'm hoping they will use the doppler so I can get assurance that everything is going ok.  Like others, I was really sad and scared to see two losses amongst us this week.

RR/Q/DD? 
    @binxybaby I've been going back and forth on the pregnancy pillow.  I find it is good for naps, but I get sore if I try to use it for extended periods.  I think I will not use it overnight until I get more uncomfortable.  My dr told me not to worry about sleeping on my back until 20 weeks, but I still get nervous about doing it since I read second tri elsewhere.  I am a back sleeper so I usually end up on my back without the pregnancy pillow, which does keep me on my side.

Family: going back to school several times and studying random stuff and traveling/moving a ton like @echo-charlietango
    Friends: being super competitive about games

@hkom I hope you are able to successfully change your name without too much more hassle.  It seems like such a pain!

@lexidawg good luck at your NT scan!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • hkomhkom member
    @kadeephd I asked my doc specifically about back sleeping on Tuesday and she said not to worry about it until the third trimester, which seems pretty late.  I'll probably make the switch around 20.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @hkom That is good to hear.  Maybe I'll let myself sleep on my back a while longer after all.  Are you sleeping on your back with the pregnancy pillow like @binxybaby (not on purpose in her case)?  I don't really get how I'd position myself comfortably on my back with the pillow.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • hkomhkom member
    @kadeephd I kind of rotate throughout the night, which includes on my back.  I think I may have my snoogle upside down?  I have the more hooked end toward my feet, which helps me sleep on my back more comfortably.  I don't see how the hooked end would work up toward my head - I feel like I'm being strangled.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @hkom I was wondering if I was using it upside down too lol.  I also have the more hooked end toward my feet.  I have a knock off snoogle though so I'm not sure it's the same exact design.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hkom I made a face at chocolate root beer floats. Sounds gross to me. 
    How far along are you?
    Any appointment updates?  
    Had an appointment at 11 weeks, next one is a couple days before 16 weeks. At first I was glad to have them spaced out, now I’m feeling as anxious as everyone else. No time is “safe” and I don’t really have many symptoms and I can’t feel the baby move and I’m just like “I hope you are still ok in there”
    RR/Q/DD? 
    Dear Diary, it was embarrassing/funny that I cried in my dream last night because someone put mayo on my order again and I was so upset that my order was wrong because I asked for no mayo and no one else in my dream understood how serious it was. The real kick was when I woke up with real tears. I actually cried. Lol. 
    Friends- Being the crafty/resourceful problem solving one, and the one who is good at drawing and art things. Also the calm-under-pressure one. Once my friend’s toddler was helping with dinner and accidentally flung boiling hot pasta on her mom and me and her mom reacted loudly to the surprise/pain. I stood there silent and looked at my arm, then said to the kid, “ow, that really hurt. Are you ok? Did you get any on you?”
    And she’s like “how are you so calm??”

Family- being the diplomat between my siblings and our squabbles (mostly as kids, but my little sisters still come to me now as mediator/advice giver). I’m also the indecisive one in the family. Like in the store, they’d say which thing do you want? And leave me to think about it and do all the shopping and come back and I’d still be making up my mind. I’m trying to be better about that. 
  • @hkomI gagged at the thought of a chocolate float! I love chocolate,  and I love floats, but keep the things separate!

How far along are you?
    13w5d 

Any appointment updates?  
    Nothing until July 6.  I feel like these long gaps between appointments are so stressful. I would rather be at the doctor all the time checking in on little one than spend an entire month wondering and hoping everything is ok. I think it's especially stressful now that we've told almost everyone. 

RR/Q/DD? 
    *TW* I'm glad I'm not alone @ab_canada  @binx@binxybaby and @lexidawg.  I cried so much over the two recent goodbyes.  Heartbreaking.  I felt pretty comfortable the last couple weeks with frequent appointments and the fact that my spotting stopped, but now no more appointments for a few weeks and of course my spotting started back up this morning!  Worst of all my SO is gone until Monday so he's not even around to help calm me down. It also doesn't help that I'm having strange, uncomfortable feelings in my lower abdomen, not quite pain, but I think associated with not being able to empty my bladder completely?  I keep thinking something is wrong.   I'm so uncertain of everything and these losses are making me extra nervous/ emotional. Feeling so vulnerable!

I am known for being the unmarried rule breaker!  Living together with SO for 10 years unmarried, and now a child out of wedlock!  Tsk tsk.
  • @hkom like the others said, chocolate with root beer floats is a no-go for me!! Classic simple is what I prefer!

@scaredunprepared I'm sorry your spotting is back and that your SO is gone for the weekend! Maybe you can chat with him on the phone at some point to share what you're feeling so he can help that way? Sending some positive vibes your way!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• I'm with everyone on the hell no to chocolate ice cream in root beer floats.  I actually don't like chocolate ice cream at all.  I love chocolate, but chocolate ice cream tastes nothing like chocolate to me.  Lately I have been on a peach ice cream kick.  Not that peach ice cream tastes much like peaches...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • hkomhkom member
    I tell H he is a weirdo every time he makes one.  He insists it's good but he's wrong.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @kadeephd peach ice cream ftw! I am already a fruit ice cream fan, but peach is the best. There is a place in my hometown that has an amazing peach milkshake and I cannot wait to get one when I visit over 4th of July. I have been on a peach kick in general, though. Wow, didn't realize I had so much to say about my love of peaches 
  • hkomhkom member
    Aw man, peaches are the best.  The ones around here should be ready in a week or two and I will buy every one.

BabyFruit Ticker

• edited June 2018
    Re: chocolate root beer floats
    I’m okay with chocolate, but certainly prefer vanilla. 

Re: peaches
    Hell yeah. @hkom last year we went to a you-pick orchard and brought home so many peaches. I hope I find some good ones down here in ‘Bama!

@scaredunprepared I’m sorry your spotting is back! Are you putting yourself back on pelvic rest?

Anniversary
  • @morgantu It really is amazing.  I was working at a relatively ritzy private schools for the last two years and it's like another world from the public schools I went to growing up.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @echo-charlietango we haven't really been making use of the lifted pelvic rest, so I guess it doesn't really matter lol. My doctor seems to think it's related to activity more than anything, which is crazy because I can't not move and live life. We started moving to the new house Thursday (we only moved light stuff with our cars, the rest we left for the movers), and even that seems to have been "too much".  Ugh.
  • general FTM thought re: registry- I really thought i would be totally fine to do the registry online, mostly amazon. So i started an amazon registry, went on lucie's list, etc etc. Today we went in to buy buy baby (really just for the free gift) and started a registry there too. IT WAS SO HELPFUL. They had a specific employee in each department to help us go through all the items and what might fit our needs best. I don't know why this blew my mind, but if you have the opportunity to go into the store to look at stuff, it's overwhelming af, but I would do it. Plus, I think it helped MH connect more with everything and get excited. Ok, you might all know that, but I was super scared to go in, but it was very nice. 
  • @scaredunprepared Has the bleeding gone away yet?

@morgantu Hm. Our nearest BBB is an hour away. Not that far i'll admit, but not sure if I want to drag DH out there if everyone is going to mail gifts anyway. Might be handy to try carseats though. 

Anniversary
  • @morgantu I have spent so long researching what to put on my registry.  I probably should have gone to a store for advice.  Oh well. 

At this point I have 31 items on our Amazon registry and most are under $20.  I am worried it is not enough and people are going to go rogue and buy us stuff we don't want or need. How many items do you other FTM think you will register for?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @echo-charlietango I did like it for trying out strollers, looking at cribs, and trying out gliders. You can always find what you like in person, and then put it right on the amazon one :) 

@kadeephd yeah i only have like 40 things between 2 registries lol. a few expensive but mostly not. I also don't know if we are having a shower. If we do, I will probably add some more stuff (maybe stuff we would need as the baby gets older?). I really have no idea what I'm doing. That's why i liked going into the store. I also have a lot of people offering to hand me down stuff so i want to check through that before i fill up a registry with new stuff. 
  • @kadeephd
    I made three registries for our families (aaaand completion discounts), they are
    Amazon - 114 remaining items, one purchased
    Target - 36 remaining items, six purchased
    Pottery Barn Kids - 8 remaining items, seven purchased

I learned from our sparse wedding registry (that I only made by request, we didn't expect gifts for eloping!) that when DH's family wants to buy us things, they want to really spend, so I have learned to include higher priced basics on registries. I'll be the first in line to say "a blanket is a blanket, not a competition" but I have to admit that the velvet bordered blanket is ultra soft and I hope DS loves it so I can touch it often :lol:

Anniversary
  • @kadeephd I have 84 items on my Amazon registry, 75 on my target registry, and about 30 on my buy buy baby registry. Ugh I just put down everything I thought I might ever need.  Too much! 

@echo-charlietango it has mostly stopped but not 100%. Still not going to join the 2nd tri dance party just yet until I have my next appointment so I know all is well. Thank you so much for checking up on me!  

@morgantu I never thought to go into buy buy baby in person. Their website is SO difficult to use!  I got frustrated and stopped adding things. I didn't even realize they had a free gift. Is it worth it?  I might go in anyway to try to get advice to pare down and simplify my three registries!

And FYI if you all haven't gotten your welcome gifts from target yet, GO NOW! Omg it is so awesome!  I love all the free things! Lol
  • @scaredunprepared the bbb gift is not that great. Mostly coupons. Amazon's is muuuch better! 
  • @morgantu I still haven't been able to get my Amazon gift :( tomorrow when SO is back I'll have him login to his Amazon account to see if we can have it sent from his account. 
  • Agree on the Amazon welcome gift -- it is great!

I guess I will try to think of some other stuff to put on this registry.  Things might get a little non-traditional...  I already registered for delivery of meals from Foodhini for a few weeks after the baby is born.  They employ immigrant chefs and will deliver three vegetarian meals for two for about $30 per week!   I'm also considering registering for a deep clean of the apartment for before the baby arrives.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ^ oh, I haven’t heard of Foodhini!
    DH found a deli with grab ‘n’ go casseroles, so we’re going to request those for our local Mealtrain. 
    I thought about cleaning services too, but since we’re in a smaller house it is easier for me to keep up with myself (thank goodness). I might coerce someone to vacuum for me in January though - just as a house cleaning back up. 

Anniversary