Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday - 06/21

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:  

Re: WTO Thursday - 06/21

• Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, opk's

R/R: General rant: I'm in a bit of a slump. I'm just feeling stuck and like I'm not where I want to be in any part of my life. I feel like this happens everytime we're in limbo with DH's next set of orders. Too late to make a change here, but no info to be able to start making plans for where ever we end up next. I'm not where I want to be physically, professionally, or family-wise and I feel like I'm spinning my wheels.

CS/Q:  Nothing yet, but my temps are staying pretty consistent, which is good. Spotting finally stopped after I stopped doing green tea. Might be coincidence. I also refreshed myself on The Great Sperm Race and TCOYF last night.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Month/Cycle: 13/12

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: Ava, OPK, Pre-seed, CM

R/R: Rant: work has been crazy the last few days. I didn't even have time to get on here during the day and by the end of the day the last thing I wanted to do was look at a computer screen. But I was reading, just didn't have time to post.

CS/Q: No

@meggyme I understand. I'm not where I want to be physically either and it's been weighing on me a lot more lately as to how much of a contributing factor it is with TTC. I was just talking to DH about getting back into our routine of walking in the evenings. It's just been so hot and I feel like there's always so much to do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 11/8

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: BBT/Charting, OPK, CoQ10, Prenatals, HIO EOD (still :/ .....), softcups

R/R: See below for rant 

CS/Q: Appears as though I still have not Od. I'm annoyed. I guess it's good DH will be home today but he's going to be exhausted from the travel and may not be up to it. Why can't my body just stop being dumb. 

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, OPKs, BBT, HIO

R/R: Rave: My husband and I had a really good talk about communication and I feel like we are in sync more than we have been recently. I've been trying to ask for his help more around the house and he's been doing chores without me asking!

CS/Q:  My OPK came back negative last night even though I have had a slight drop the past two days. This morning there was over a half a degree drop from my normal, but FF marked it as an open circle because it was logged at 4:30am instead of my normal 5:30. Hoping for a + OPK this evening, but do you think FF won't hold as much weight to the dramatic drop since it was outside my normal time frame?

@meggyme Could you make some short term plans to help you feel better? Like coffee with a friend this weekend, something next weekend. That way you have things to look forward too that shouldn't get disrupted by the orders. Also, this is fun for me, but may not be fun for other people, but I enjoy making plans even if they may not come to be. Like if you think Virginia Beach is a possibility, start looking for houses there even if there's only a 20% chance of moving there.
  • nitnat007nitnat007 member
    edited June 2018
    @meggyme The waiting for the change orders is awful. Do you even have an idea of what might be coming through? It is really tough to find your own routine when so many factors are up in the air and totally out of your hands. *hugs* Here if you need to vent at all. I totally understand. 
    @thrgirlwhowaited Hope your day is better today!
    @prpl11butterfly You got this girl! We start our hio tonight. 
    @marebear15 Oh man, can you tell me what you said to YH to get him to do more chores?? jk! Glad that he is helping out more. FF will still take that temp into account and give you CH's if you get the + opk, or your temp spikes.  

Month/Cycle: 13/15 (4 benched)

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: all the things

R/R: I did a HIIT workout yesterday at this little boutique gym that just opened and today I feel like I have "old lady hips". I can barely walk over here. I don't know how I am going to get through teaching today. Fake it 'til you make it??  :#

CS/Q:  
  • @meggyme that time frame of nothing to do is so frustrating. How often do you guys have to relocate?

@thrgirlwhowaited at least being busy keeps your mind occupied. I hate when it's slow and I can't seem to stop thinking because it always goes back to obsessing about TTC.
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 2, I think? (TMI: I thought AF started yesterday, but total over 24 hours there wasn’t enough to fill a tampon. Some old and some new blood, looking like the same so far today. I usually have light cycles but not this light - seems more like spotting.)

WAYDTGKU: bbt, pnv, opk, hio, PCOS supplements

R/R: Rant: Still no idea what’s happening with my body... Rave: My OB appt is tomorrow so hoping to get some questions answered!

CS/Q:  nothing to see yet
  • Sorry to P&G, ladies. I am training the woman who will cover my vacation and she on break right now. Good thoughts to everyone!

Month/Cycle: 17/15

WAYDTGKU: O and CM tracking

R/R: Home stretch! I can see the end and it is glorious! Decided to start proper CM tracking as I am nervous I might be missing my FW. This is what late night googling does to you.

CS/Q: -
  • @meggyme Ugh I can totally understand your frustration. Hopefully you get some info soon!
    @prpl11butterfly Bodies are so frustrating!! FX you O soon! 
    @marebear15 Maybe try adjusting your temp for the 1 hour difference to see if it’s as dramatic of a drop, and keep your original temp in the notes?
  • @marebear15 I've got some fun stuff planned for the weekend and 4th of July, but it's just not scratching the itch right now. I do need to start exercising again, but like you it's to dang hot, humid and buggy here. We had a heat index in the triple digits the other day.

@thrgirlwhowaited a lot of it is being homesick and not having the vacation time to make the cross country trip too.

@nitnat007 YGPM I'm always impressed with your workout schedule! I wish I had half that energy and willpower to workout.

@prpl11butterfly the last 2 sets of orders have been for ~3 years, but this next set will be for about 1 1/2 years. We're hoping after that it will be more local moves, if any move at all.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Month/Cycle: 21/?

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: bbt,cm,opk,hio

R/R: Got a half hour jog in this morning without the bugs, it was cooler out so it was nice not to overheat.

CS/Q:  nope
  • @meggyme so sorry you’re struggling. I definitely understand feeling like you’re not where you want to be in aspects of your life. As marebar said, are there some things you could do, not tied to your next local to help you feel better – maybe some on-line continue ed course to help boost your career, or committing to a new exercise routine (I love youtube yoga classes – don’t have to leave the house and make a fool of myself in front of people, but get a decent workout!).

@prpl11butterfly ugh – sorry your body is messing with you this cycle. Throw on his favorite lingerie and he’ll come around

@marebear15 teach me your ways! I would give my left arm to get MH to take out the kitchen trash regularly…  

@nitnat007 fake it ‘til you make it is my general life motto!

@dogmomma271 hope you get your questions answered at your appointment!

@meri-mac wedding and vaca countdown is on!

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: pnv, B6, CoQ10, cm, charting, BD EOD

R/R: Grumpy day rant: I love MH, and really he’s generally loving and supportive and great. But last night we were talking about how my new FitBit monitors heart rate which, theoretically, can help pin-point O. He told me I should stop stressing and overthinking it and it will just happen, that I didn’t need to worry so much. I really almost threw something at him, and cried… The last few months have just sucked, and it made it that much harder to hear that from him.

CS/Q:  my body is a confused mess this cycle…

• @LElkCot I hate when they say stop worrying. They cannot grasp how literally impossible it is to escape thinking about it. DH said it to me once and now knows better..... FWIW, I still don't think my RHR is indicating much of anything.
  • Month/Cycle: 9/10

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: HIO

R/R: Rant: I'm just feeling down today about TTC. Starting to think I'll never get my BFP while everyone around me does. I hope it will be my turn (and of course all of yours) soon.  Rave: My DH and I were thankfully able to HIO last night.

CS/Q: Nothing really to see. Just waiting on confirmation of O but it looks good.
  • Month/Cycle: 7/5

WAYDTGKU: OPK, Clue App

R/R: AF is done! Yay! But I don’t typically O until around CD 20, so I feel like this is going to be a long 2 weeks, especially with being off of work and having so much more time to think about it. 

CS/Q: -
  • @prpl11butterfly I just do not understand how he can be so cavalier. And thanks - I'm not banking on RHR for O, just hoping maybe it helps? Mostly want it to help ensure I'm not overdoing it when I run...   :/
  • Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: All the things, but really nothing at the moment.  Waiting for HSG...

R/R: Rave: 16 posts already?  Love seeing more activity here these days!

CS/Q:  Nope.  I always take a temping break until CD7ish.
  • @meggyme Being in limbo is the worst, sorry it’s so rough on you. I would tell you to just be patient but that’s not what I’d want to hear so I doubt you do either. I’m sorry, hugs.
    @prpl11butterfly we’re twins today, I’m so annoyed 

Month/Cycle: 1/1 but a year overall

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: Charting, supplements, HIO EOD

R/R: I love you guys but I’m really annoyed to still be stuck here. My CM and a slight dip pointed to O I thought two days ago but still no temp spike as of today. That also means we need to HIO tonight but DH has been dealing with what he thinks is food poisoning from canned tuna. So overall I’m just in a pissy mood 

My Chart
    CS/Q:  

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kindbytealikat I wish we were twins over in TWW instead.
  • nitnat007 It's been an on going fight/discussion for awhile and he finally got fed up with me saying it's "fine" when it's not. So he told me to tell him when I need help and he's not busy. And since I started doing that, he's been anticipating my asking him to help.
    dogmomma271 Good idea about the time change. I might do that as soon as I get my cross hairs to see if it changes anything.
    LElkCot haha, no luck on the trash front yet. I still have to tell him 3 or 4 times before he does it.
  • edited June 2018
    @nitnat007 thanks!
    @prpl11butterfly it has been nice to not have free time for my mind to obsess. I just wish that would happen when its TWW!
    @meggyme I'm sorry. I know how it feels being so far from family and not being able to do anything about it. FX your husbands orders come soon and it puts you closer to family!
    @meladams10 my days have been going by fast! But yesterday I thought it was Thursday almost all day so that was a bummer when I realized it wasn't. Almost to the weekend!
    @LElkCot I'm sorry you had to hear it from him. I have to say that I am a skeptic about the "just relax" theory. I know stress can affect your hormones sometimes, but I haven't seen any scientific evidence that proves if you stop thinking (if you even could) about TTC that your chances are higher. Regardless of how many grandmas and age 50+ women keep telling me about their friend, niece, daughter, etc. that "stopped" trying and it "just happened". I say do what helps you feel like you are being productive if ultimately that will help you feel better about the process.

*edited for grammar 
  • It’s the beginning of the weekend’s wedding festivities for my sister so just wanted to pop in and say I won’t be around much the next couple of days but I’m thinking of you ladies and hoping all the sad feelings and frustration swing the other way soon <3 
  • edited June 2018
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: lots of stuff. B complex, temping/charting in FF, got some wondfo OPKs to try this month, acupuncture next week

R/R: Feeling better than yesterday. But I've had some spotting today, and I'm not sure if it was from sex Tuesday night, or if I'm still spotting from AF.  If it's AF, that means all in all this period has been 13 days long (2 days of light spotting prior to CD 1), which would *TW* indicate to me that I really did have a CP last month. My only other cycle I had a "period" that long was with my CP. Ugh. I've also been having either ute pain or intestinal pain yesterday and today, and I'm kind of embarrassed that I can't tell which one it is. 

CS/Q:  TMI Question: Does anyone know when it's time to see a proctologist about hemorrhoids? I haven't been bothered by them until recently, but now that I've lost 10 lbs, I think there's less padding (aka my butt shrank) between my hemorrhoids and chairs, and they are really uncomfortable now. I also don't know if I should wait until after hypothetical baby we're trying for to get hemorrhoids fixed because I am pretty sure pushing out that little watermelon will just create more. I hate them.  :s Also, if I do start the process to get them fixed, idk how long healing time would be and if it would defer trying a full cycle. 

I'll be back to @ ppl! 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• @meggyme sorry you are feeling like you're in a slump. Is there anything you can start doing to make yourself feel better? A new hobby maybe? 

@thrgirlwhowaited I feel ya on not being able to get on a computer much. I hate bumping on the app - it's too difficult! 

@prpl11butterfly sorry your body isn't cooperating! I hope YH decides to step up to get good timing tonight! 

@marebear15 I always get temp anxiety as the month moves along, but FF still seems to be able to figure out O day. Just keep track of CM, add your OPKs and it'll figure it out. Some people get multiple LH surges, so maybe you'll get another + in a few days? 

@nitnat007 I totally feel like I have an old lady body. I haven't even done any hard workouts recently - I always just feel stiff and broken when I get up and walk around after sitting for a while! Ugh. 

@dogmomma271 I hope you get some answers at your OB appointment tomorrow! 

@LElkCot I have had that convo with my H more than once. It sucks to feel like they don't understand. Last month when AF came and I was feeling sorry for myself, DH goes "Oh, I'm sorry." Like not getting pregnant is only happening to ME, and he's just like whateverzzzz. It's really frustrating and I told him that, but I think they just don't feel the disappointment the same way we do. 

@purpleteacher82 I didn't O until CD 19 last month (usually 17 or 18), so I feel you on the long waits. I know some people have much more irregular cycles and wait much much longer, but man, it does feel like a long time.

@Sparty18 It's crazy how activity has picked up! When I first joined it was very, very quiet around here. I like seeing the threads grow, though it's harder to keep up now! 

@kindbytealikat food poisoning is the worst. Sorry, friend! I hope YH feels better by tonight! 

@meladams10 sorry TTC is getting you down. It's definitely hard to stay positive during this process. Hugs!

*TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018

• @general_organa Really glad to hear that you are feeling better today! 
    I ended up going to the chiropractor after teaching today and it helped. I actually had moved for a while, but we are back to stiff now. Ugh. I try and stretch out and get on the roller when I can. Do you do yoga or anything? 
  • @nitnat007 thanks! I don't do yoga - I've always meant to try it and just never have. Sometimes I'll stretch if I have time, but I'm usually too tired or lazy by the time I get free time! 
    *TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018

• @nitnat007 I don't use OPKs. I'm trying to keep the process as simple as possible. It would probably make me obsess a bit too much :p
  • @general_organa yoga does wonders for my back! You can search YouTube for at home videos- I really like Yoga with adriene :) I bought a yoga mat at the dollar store and it’s been awesome. And free!