Plus-Size Mom Check-In (6/20) — The Bump
November 2018 Moms

Plus-Size Mom Check-In (6/20)

A place for plus-size moms to talk about anything and everything!  You can use the template below, or just free-post if you'd like. 

What is your estimated due date and how far along are you?

How are you feeling? What are your symptoms? Any anxiety?

How are you doing with activity and nutrition?

What are your questions, comments, and/or concerns?
      Nov. '18 September Siggy Challenge: Falling into Fall

Re: Plus-Size Mom Check-In (6/20)

• serabjornserabjorn
    10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited June 2018
    What is your estimated due date and how far along are you?
    11/17/2018 ~ 18w4d (confirmed today that my due date will NOT be changing)

I am feeling a bit more tired this week.  My feet are super swollen, I am thirsty all the time, and I wake up 3-4 times in the night needing to pee.  I am going to take a blood test tomorrow to make sure these symptoms are not anything to do with diabetes (something I haven't had in the past).  Also, I am starting to get random aches and pains, particularly in my groin, abdomen, and breasts.  I just ordered a pregnancy pillow which will hopefully help me sleep better.

My regular walks have slowed down a little bit, but I am still pretty active at home with chores and trying to help (as much as I am able) my hubby with some house renovations.

I already feel pretty "big" and, realizing that I am not quite half way through, I am a little worried on how I am going to maneuver with more growth.  Baby is already at the 90th percentile in length!  He is a really long sweet potato (the veggie of the week!) this week!  :D  
          Nov. '18 September Siggy Challenge: Falling into Fall

lurvleybunchococonutsmiddleschoolmommywamam027
  • What is your estimated due date and how far along are you?
    11.18, 18+3
    I'm not too sure how I'm feeling. I remember my best friend telling me (when she was very pregnant with her first) that she just still couldn't believe there was a baby in there. Then when she actually had him, her first words were "oh my God... baby?" lol I didn't understand at the time, but I completely get it now. I see myself saying "holy crap, there really was a baby in there?" in the delivery room. I feel her moving, but I'm having a hard time picturing her actually being here and part of our family. I wonder if I'm distancing myself because of the trauma from having DS early?
    SO much better. I had to start the low carb thing due to insulin resistance increasing and I've lost 2 lbs. I keep a food diary and share it with my OB. She said it's perfectly find for me to be losing weight since I was so overweight to begin with. I've lost 2lbs since last week. I'm actually hoping to lose more since I know baby girl will be adding on some pounds in the months to come. 
    I'm trying not to focus on weight too much, but it's hard. I only gained 20lbs with DS (but of course he came at the beginning of 3rd trimester). It was AFTER he was born that I really packed on the weight. I stress ate and used food for comfort and ended up gaining ANOTHER 70lbs in 4 months. I was almost 350lbs, so I had gastric sleeve surgery when DS was 8 months old and ended up loosing 120lbs from that. I ended up gaining 10-15 lbs back, but have held steady until now. I've gained 15lbs this pregnancy so I'd like to reverse that as much as possible (safely, of course) in the next couple months. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    jessielynn1lurvleybunchococonutswamam027Amber1174
  • Loading the player...
    11/18!  18+4 (@middleschoolmommy - how did I JUST realized we're due date twins?)
    Pretty good... of course I have anxiety, that's a given for me.  Overall I'm feeling alright.  Random aches and pains.  My back bothers me occasionally, but pretty good so far this week.
    Alright, trying to stay aware of what I eat mostly.  Usually I fail, but I'm trying not to stress about it too much.  I'm slowly getting more energy so I've been feeling up to doing more than just loafing around when I'm home.  At my last appt (16+5) I was down officially 12 lbs from pre-pregnancy.  I fully expect to start gaining now that we're 2nd  trimester, although I'm hoping not too much!  Honestly my OB doesn't really mention/bring up weight ever.  I know I have more than extra that she'd likely be fine with me continuing to lose weight and if I started gaining weight quickly I imagine she'd bring it up? Dunno.  Kinda just going with the flow of things for now.

LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 31 | DH: 39
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018!!!! 16DPO Beta 1: 732 | 18DPO Beta 2: 1278
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

middleschoolmommywamam027
    Another 11/18er!  18 weeks and 4 days!

I feel like rubbish but that's mainly because I have my third cold of this pregnancy!  The saddest part is I got it after being at an outdoor concert on Sunday where it was 95 degrees out.  It doesn't make any sense!  Still not really any symptoms.  I was feeling anxious about our NIPT screening but everything came back normal so that's one less thing to worry about!

I try to walk every day at lunch (if I actually take a lunch instead of working through them and eating at my desk) my nutrition could be better but I'm still working on it.  I'm right at the same weight I was when I got pregnant so I guess I can't be doing too poorly?

We had our anatomy scan on Monday and our girl is as average as average can be!  I'm praying that she's not gonna have a big head like her daddy as she's measuring 2 days ahead for her head but right on schedule for everything else!
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188
    November/December 2019 - FET #2