February 2019 Moms

Announcements

Hi ladies,

So confession- I found out Sunday that I had a bfp.  I had told SO Friday or Saturday that I dont think I was pregnant (bc I've been peeing on all the things and all were negative, thought af was coming).  I was highly surprised when I got that second line. So I haven't told him yet. I haven't had any symptoms yet.

So my question is- did anyone plan an announcement to their SO? What did you do? How did they react? 

Btw, his bday is next week, kinda want to hold out till then.

Re: Announcements

• I am highly impressed you managed to wait! I couldn’t. I needed someone else to tell me they saw the second line too lol. 
  • etnyahetnyah member
    Congrats! That’s some self control. There’s no way I could wait, the way I told my husband was to shout out from the bathroom that he needed to come right away to see if there was a line, because I wasn’t sure if I imagined it. So we found out together!
  • Loading the player...
  • I could never not tell DH - the longest I waited was about 6 hours with DD (#1) - I tested at work, stopped and bought him a "you're going to be a dad" book and a gift bag and gave it to him. With DS, I was testing daily as we were trying. With this one, it was a "uh, you should come here and look at this...." when the line showed up.

This is the longest we've waited to tell our parents. Close friends know and I've told my team at work since I'll need time off and support in the event something does go wrong. I never really announce on social media and don't really plan on it this time either- I just start posting bump pictures when I pop. I don't share my kids names or birth info on FB, so I just post a picture a few days after they are born.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Haha well now I kinda feel bad! With our first I told him right away- along with my mom.  But his mom is very judgemental and I dont want her to know till we are unable to hide it anymore. And he has a hard time keeping secrets from her. 
    And I have to tell the girls I work with bc I have to take safety precautions. So it helps I talk to them about it. 
    But I ordered a cute daddy^2 shirt and big sister shirt. Thinking I may wrap it up as a bday gift. Along with energy drinks
  • I had great plans to keep it secret when we got KU with #3 - so much for that  :D

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• McKBabyMcKBaby member
    edited June 2018
    I could never wait that long!  Hats off to your self control!

For our first, he was waiting outside the bathroom while I POAS. Our second, I took a test in the middle of the night and told him immediately (it was unexpected!). 

For this pregnancy, I took the test at home and texted it to him when he was in a meeting at work!  He didn’t even know I was taking it, or that our timing had been good this month!

ETA: What about a “dad from baby” birthday card to break the news? (Sorry the bump ate part of my post). 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• McKBaby said:
    I could never wait that long!  Hays off to your self control!

For our first, he was waiting outside the bathroom while I POAS. Our second, I took a test in the middle of the night and told him immediately (it was unexpected!). 

For this pregnancy, I took the test at home and texted it to him when he was in a meeting at work!  He didn’t even know I was taking it, or that our timing had been good this month!

ETA: What about a “dad from baby” birthday card to break the news? (Sorry the bump ate part of my post). 
    Aww that's cute! I may have to do that! 
  • We announced to my parents and the ILs today over the phone - my MIL was flipping out that we wouldn’t tell her if we could go on vacation with her 11 months from now. I’d have just taken 3 months leave and don’t want to travel 6+ hours with three kids with people who won’t even help us with the kids. So we told them. And I couldn’t not tell my parents if we told ILs. Fx everything is still ok next week at my US and we don’t have to break the news of a loss to them again. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @corgicreator I love the t-shirt gift idea & I like the card from baby idea that @McKBaby suggested.  There is a cute thread about fathers day announcements too.  

I was 7 days late & had 6 BFN tests that I had taken over 10 days. My husband told me to wait a few days before I took another but I couldn’t help it.  When I got my BFP I kept it very cool for about 20 mins - I hoped for a father’s day announcement but We were eating breakfast & he looked and me and said “sooo?” And I blurted out “I’m pregnant” & jumped on him.
  • My partner was getting daily updates of all of my tracking from FF so I called him as soon as I did the test. I love the idea of getting a little gift to surprise him with but have zero self control! 
  • I wish I had any self control at all when it comes to telling my DH! I got my BFP the Wednesday before Father’s Day and I wanted to badly to tell him on that day. He was away for a work trip and returned on Wednesday. I waited approximately 30 seconds after he got home. Oh well!
  • lea-v3lea-v3 member
    This one was a surprise for us. Like, a big surprise. We had been discussing the big snip for DH. I got super sick with some sinus/migraine stuff and was vomiting. Went to dr on day of expected period and they tested jic, but came up negative. Fast forward 1 week - still late, still negative. Then a week later and I was still late and feeling uneasy about it, so I tested again. Instant BFP. DH got called at work because Houston, we had a big problem! Idk how we'll tell others. My grandma was upset when we had baby #2 because she thought #1 had the temperament of an only child. I have a feeling we'll have some not so pleased family members :(
  • ThePax89 said:
    Baby #2 was my most special announcement. She was our rainbow baby and I made my husband a box full of rainbows and rainbow cupcakes to surprise him. 

With baby#3 I threw the pee stick on his chest while he was sleeping. 
    This made me legit lol.  I also threw the pee stick for my first.  Haha so I wanted this time tobe special.  Count down to 5 days. I've made it a week so far!
  • For all 3 pregnancies I ended up waiting for him to wake up like a total creeper then shoving a pee stick in his face. I have no chill. 

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• That is super cute @lifeofboggs!! 
  • Thank you!! It was a spur of the moment thing! @becks_726