November 2018 Moms

Moms of Multiples chat w/o 6.19.18

Hi girls, 
I hope you all are having a good week! 
I’m sorry I’ve been slacking on this thread. We been working in our house,closing in our carport to make room, moving kids bedrooms, etc. I have taken a job working from home...suppose to be flexible .. but I’m regretting it now because I realize my three kids are never going to leave me alone long enough to make phone calls. What was I thinking?! I’m supposed to start tomorrow and I’m feeling overwhelmed.  
I had my first appointment with my new doctor today, after a very thorough anatomy scan. Thankful to say everything looked great. The tech used me to teach a student she had, so it took longer than I think it usually would. The doctor is sending me to MFM for a routine scan. Baby A is head down, but B has her head in my ribs. Doctor said I could deliver vaginally if A stayed head down, she would just turn B during delivery. If I don’t go into before 37 or 38 weeks she will induce. She said three previous healthy pregnancies and vaginal deliveries was great, gives us hope for a normal pregnancy and delivery this time around. Fingers crossed! Oh! And we have two plancentas! -Remember my last doctor said we wouldn’t know until delivery. (Eye roll) So we have di/di, fraternal, boy/girl twins! 
Let’s hear about your recent appointments! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Moms of Multiples chat w/o 6.19.18

• @EM0704 I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling overwhelmed. Here's hoping that you start the job tomorrow and it's not as bad as you thought it would be. And it sounds like you definitely made the right choice in switching doctors - but what is with all the new techs?? I had the same thing happen at my first MFM appointment and it ended up taking over 2 hours to get the scans done!

I don't have any appointments this week, but I did get a call on Monday to schedule an echo with peds cardiology for July 9, which is standard protocol for mo/di twins at my MFM office since heart defects are apparently one of the most common issues. Then I'll also have my normal MFM appointment that same morning...that's going to make for a loooong morning of appointments, but it'll be worth it to make sure the babes are healthy - or that we're prepared for whatever issues may come up. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • had another scan at mfm, and this time it only lasted about 10/15 minutes tops!  babies were looking great, but there was definitely a moment while i was by myself waiting for the doctor to come in when i suddenly started to panic that the scan was short because the tech found something wrong! tw***the only other ultrasound that i’ve had that was that quick was when i found out about my mmc tw*** i had a better chat with the doc about ways to relieve my hip pain, and she even mentioned that she is seeing an acupuncturist for her pregnancy— i always find it exciting and interesting to see western docs embracing “eastern” medicine.
  • Loading the player...
  • EM0704EM0704 member
    My hip is KILLING me. I feel like an old lady. I need to go to the chiropractor (I see one periodically, and saw one through my entire first pregnancy), but we have a high deductible... 
    Are any of you experiencing tailbone pain? Mine has started this week...almost 19 weeks?... That’s way too early. I’m going to be a miserable lady by the end of this! Hahahahaha But hey! At least I may get to enjoy some mama pampering... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @EM0704 i feel the same way, can’t imagine how much worse it could get if it’s this bad already. no tailbone pain, just my left hip when i suddenly move, twist, or get up from sitting/laying down. for me, the mfm suggested some yoga moves to help realign the pelvis.

do you have to pay the full amount for the chiropractor until your deductible is met? i have to recheck, but i think mine (and the ones previously) gives me a set co-pay up to x number of visits, no need to hit deductible.
  • @EM0704 I've been so surprised that I haven't had more back/hip pain, but I've also been going to my chiropractor every two weeks - just to get ahead of it. I had a bad lower back and hips before getting pregnant (since I was a teenager, really), so I totally know what you mean about feeling like an old lady. It sucks! Here's hoping it gets a little better for you. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EM0704EM0704 member
    @highsteaks The last time I went it was like $75 every time I went before the deductible was met, the x rays and everything were covered but we have to hit that mark before our copay fmdrops to something like $15 per visit. I need to call them and see how much it is again. I know it would be worth it, but trying to get ready for these kids is draining my extra funds! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • EM0704EM0704 member
    @smulrich16 Thank you! You did the smart thing by starting early, that’s for sure!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @EM0704 yikes. i have been putting off the chiropractor, but i shouldn’t wait too much longer. i have to check with our insurance to verify what the initial costs will be. the eob always made it seem like it would just be a co-pay, but i should know by now to expect surprise bills. the doc bills this pregnancy have been really mind boggling lately.