Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 6.19

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:  
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: WTO Tuesday 6.19

• Month/Cycle: 13/15 (4 benched)

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: hio, opk, pnv, CoQ10, Vit BCDE, Acupuncture, L-arginine, enzymes...so many things

R/R: Everyone seems to be in town this week. DH's colleagues, my old friends from Belize....it is going to be a busy week of lunches and dinners trying to see everyone. Looking forward to my nap at acupuncture this afternoon.  :)

CS/Q:  
  • Loading the player...
  • @meggyme It can help some, I've also used evening primrose oil to increase CM, but if you try that, you want to make sure to not take it after O as it can cause uterine contractions

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • leksiLleksiL member
    Month/Cycle:  0/0

CD:  ?

WAYDTGKU:  Just had my IUD taken out yesterday and so I'm starting temping and until next cycle I'm just trying to be healthy, take my vitamins, work out, and eat well. 

R/R:  Just started temping this morning...My asshole cat woke me up early - it's always something. Hopefully I can start taking it at consistent times for a baseline.

CS/Q:  Since I'm just off BC I'm gonna hang out here until next cycle if that's cool with y'all. My period usually starts the first of the month so should be here awhile.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Month/Cycle: 11/8

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: BBT/Charting, OPK, CoQ10, Prenatal, HIO EOD (and again tonight), softcups

R/R: We had an amazing thunderstorm last night. I love them and I was actually awake and able to enjoy it. Rant is that DH leaves for a 2 day trip tomorrow and I still haven't Od.

CS/Q:  Still not getting + opk (as of last night). Hopefully today as last cycle I got it on CD17 and FF said I O'd on the same day. But, FF and I are going to be at odds soon....Because of yesterday's temp drop, it's going to pin that for O. I'll have to reset it to OPK detector and the wont have a coverline. Unless there is a way to add that myself... 

@nitnat007 everyone should visit during TWW to help keep your mind busy lol. But enjoy your time with friends and your acupuncture (nap  ;)

@meggyme I love when I can find all the evidence in the world before hand but nothing after. Makes sense that you'll get more as your body gears up to a O.  Fx 

And another rant- on mobile typing this with 1 thump because I sliced the other open Sunday. Where are the smartscreen compatible bandaids?!

• leksiLleksiL member
    @meggyme they do have a lot of different flavors of green tea available! if you have a large teapot you could also put some green tea and some raspberry or lemon tea in it to switch things up.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @meri-mac AF is the worst! Hopefully you can do something to "treat" yourself today :) Also, I'm with you on the ads. HELLOO.. we don't want to see that. 
  • Month/Cycle: This time trying, 4/4

CD: 11ish

WAYDTGKU: OPK, cm, prenatals, BD EOD

R/R:Only two more days of work then I'm off until for a friends wedding!
    Also a rant; *Period related* My last period was so weird, three days of spotting, two normal days, then three more of spotting. So I'm not sure which to label my first day. If I pick the first day of spotting it has me ovulating yesterday which I'm quite certain didn't happen. So I plugged in the first day of the heavier and now it says Friday which seems very late for my previous cycles based on my current cm, and opks. I think my body thinks I'm bored or something and is trying to give me more to figure out. :neutral:

CS/Q:  Has anyone had luck temping if they get regularly woken throughout the night? I mean I have one solid stretch but its not as long as suggested before temping. I would really like to be able to get a better idea of things.

@nitnat007 That sounds like a fun week. It'll help you zoom to O day haha. I'm glad you can sleep through it, I would run right out the door!

@meggyme If I remember correctly, in some people Green tea can increase bleeding including the potential for bleeding between periods. So maybe you're just more sensitive to it?

@diaphena Hi! :smile:

@prpl11butterfly We had one too! I watched it roll in during dinner last night, one minute fairly clear skies, the next it looked like a hurricane! I love that kind of weather :smiley:
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited June 2018
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs, HIO

R/R: I'm helping with my sister's wedding in late August, and we finally got the invites out last night! Nothing like planning a wedding in 3 months :lol:

CS/Q:  Just had a dip in my temp this morning and we HIO last night. Hoping for some temp rises the next few days. I forgot to do a OPK yesterday, so I think it might be too late to get a + this cycle.
  • @leksiL the one I've been drinking is green tea/pomegranate. I finished that box yesterday and I think the new one I have is raspberry, pom, and strawberry. I might also need to just make a pitcher so I can drink it cold. We have a heat advisory today.

@prpl11butterfly That's what I hope will happen.

@lulu1180 That will probably be my next step if I don't see a change. I just worry about adding supplements without a doc's approval and I'd rather not deal with that.
  • @meladams10 I think the positive OPK's predict a 12-48hr LH surge, so you might have a longer surge.
  • Month/Cycle: 21/?

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: BBT,OPK,CM,HIO

R/R: All the plants are finally planted, we started to run out off room to plant stuff. Mainly the vining plants and big bush type plants are outside and smaller stuff like broccoli and lettuce are safe in the greenhouse. H also put in a new flower bed in front of the house and I planted tiger lilies and regular lilies but the old hens thought they would help and dug up all the blub I planted  :s  

CS/Q:  nope

• @third_time_round CD1 is the first full day of flow.  If you are using OPKs then I'm not sure why you say it has you Oing yesterday.  I wouldn't trust if an app is just randomly telling you when you O, I would trust the OPKs.  As for temping, you'll get the best results with at least 4 hours of sleep.  I have successfully temped when I've woken up during the night, however, I found that the temps were less rocky if I didn't move around a lot when I would wake up

@meggyme I can certainly appreciate that!  I just like to make sure people know there are other options.  Personally, I didn't really enjoy drinking the green tea and was happy when I decided to quit drinking it.

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • @lulu1180 It was the app and my math based off of start date and previous cycles trends as to when I would probably O. I know better than to just go by the app haha. I don't always get a positive with the opk which is why I wanted to start temping but I don't get four hours sleep at a time. I shall have to try regardless and see what happens.
  • Month/Cycle: 6/4

CD: 3 (I posted CD 3 yesterday, but it was only 2. I guess it feels like AF has been here longer!)

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, Clue App for cycle tracking

R/R: Rave - Our new bed gets delivered tomorrow! We are upgrading from a queen size to a king and I am So. Freaking. Excited! Rant - It’s raining here today, so I probably won’t get my morning walk in. Grr.

CS/Q:  None! 
  • @meladams10 You'll be off to TWW soon! FX for you!

@meri-mac I am with you today. Both on the ads and the AF zombie train. I am guzzling coffee today and still so sleepy... Fortunately work is slow this morning :)

@Stargazer1lily Your garden sounds amazing!
  • @purpleteacher82 Where did you get your bed from?

@diaphena One of our clinicians is sick so it is slow for me too. Thank goodness. I treat myself to 2 cups of coffee a day during the more harrowing days of AF. We deserve it :p
  • @meri-mac We bought a Layla mattress and our headboard/frame is from Wayfair. We are going from a sleep number to more of a memory foam so I am a little nervous, but it has a 120 trial period so we can get a refund if we don’t like it. 
  • @nitnat007Have fun with all of your various visitors :) I love catching up with old friends.

@meggyme The only time I drink tea is when I'm sick, and then it's black tea and hot. I don't think I could do the green tea thing, especially every day! I'm drinking more water this cycle and while I only recently finished with AF, I feel like I'm already starting to notice a difference. (OTOH, maybe it's just my mind tricking me...haha) And yay to DH coming home :)

Hello @diaphena :) Sorry for CD1 but welcome to the group!

@prpl11butterfly Sorry to hear you're having discordant results AND that hubs is headed out of town :\ How frustrating! We've got some thunderstorms on and off expected today - I love them too :)

@meladams10 Ooh, girl, I like how this is all coming together! FX!

@meri-mac I'm sorry you feel so crummy <3 It's bad enough to have to see AF but then to feel miserable on top of it...ugh!

@Stargazer1lily I've given up planting anything in my backyard, the girls looove to dig it all up. Like I planted it just for them. Sigh.

@purpleteacher82 We got a king-sized sleep number when we first bought our house 3yrs ago. It is DIVINE.

---
    Month/Cycle 2/2
    CD 9
    WAYDTGKU sex. I'm also loosely monitoring CM and taking prenatals (have been for a while now).
    R/R: Today is my last day of work before wedding festivities kick off for my sister! I finished my surgeries early and am home for lunch to snuggle with the dog...but I have to go back to see appts this afternoon! Boo.

Question...I've been thinking that when I run out of my prenatal gummies I'd switch over to tabs/capsules since they contain iron. Has anyone had any stomach upset from them? One brand of gummies used to make me feel sick so I switched. I usually take mine in the AM anyway so could take with breakfast if it helps.
  • @Swiftlet I almost gave up too but H decided to put chicken fence around all our planting beds except the new flower bed he wanted to wait till I was done planting so the fence is going up today.
  • @Swiftlet I used to get mild nausea with my PNV (I take NatureMade brand) but then switched to taking it with breakfast and I haven't had any problems with it since.

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • @Swiftlet I have taken brand name and generic PNV without any issues. I always take them in the morning with breakfast otherwise I would forget.
  • @Swiftlet Thank you!! In regards to PNV, I take the NatureMade brand and always before bed! I don't ever have any issues with an upset stomach when I take them at night.
  • @meggyme Not to freak you out at all, but I just stumbled onto a new podcast/YouTube channel and they happened to mention green tea. They said it had adverse effects on lining. Definitely the first time I have heard that and not sure where they have gotten their research from either, but found it interesting. I was always led to believe that it was good for you. Like lulu said, I have used EPO with success. 
    @diaphena Welcome! So sorry for your loss. 
    @leksil Cats can be such jerks! Hopefully not a regular occurrence. 
    @prpl11butterfly Right?! It is like they didn't consider my cycle at all lol. Come on positive OPK! FX for tonight. 
    @meladams10 I tend to test out to a negative, but that is only because I get a couple days of positives so want to be sure the surge is done. 
    @third_time_round I really don't needles so thought I would hate it. But once needles are placed they don't bother me at all. Great nap time!  :)
    @marebear15 Have a great time planning! 
    @purpleteacher82 Enjoy the new bed! Nothing beats it. 
    @Swiftlet Man, so many weddings around here right now. have a wonderful time! So jealous that you are home early for puppy snuggles. For pnv I don't have issues with mine and they are tablet form. Rainbow light I think? But have been considering switching to "smartypants" though. 
  • @Swiftlet I never had issues with any brands of prenatals. I found the gummies tended to turn my stomach more than anything. But I just couldn't stand the flavor of them.
  • @nitnat007 interesting! I started listening to a couple Fertility Friday podcasts on increasing cm hoping to find some more info on a specific path forward, but the science research doesn’t seem to point to any one quick fix. Everything else is anecdotal.
  • Opk finally +! We BDd last night and will again tonight. Hopefully enough.....

@meggyme have you upped water intake?
  • @prpl11butterfly - you can manually override and set a coverline if needed in detector tuning (on comp) or settings>detector override for the app. :) i had to do that this cycle. so glad you finally got a + opk!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @prpl11butterfly I haven’t upped it, but I do try to drink 100 oz per day
  • @meggyme your probably fine. I've noticed the past few days it increases if I'm drinking enough. Trying to keep up with it....
  • Thank you @catlady2015! I plugged a few misc temps in for the next couple of days to see what it will do and it might actually agree with me, for once lol.
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 9... still spotting. Why am I cursed with the million day period?!

WAYDTGKU: apparently HIO schedule starts tonight. Hopefully the spotting goes away enough. I hate sex on my period, even a little spotting. 

R/R: I did not do well with my diet this weekend. I still have 3.5 lbs to go to reach my goal weight and I'm afraid I'm not going to have a loss this week. Weigh Day is Thursday, so we'll see. 

CS/Q:  Nothing interesting yet. 

@nitnat007 enjoy acupuncture! I'm definitely looking forward to my session next week! 

@prpl11butterfly patent that idea for touchscreen friendly bandaids! Seriously, that's such a good idea. I hope your cut heals up soon! 

@meri-mac I am super sick of the videos, too. *barf emoji*

@third_time_round FF counts the first day of flow as CD1.

@purpleteacher82 I'm so jealous of your bed upgrade. Our staircase and bannister are the limiting factor for getting a king - we'd have to take the whole bannister off to get it up there and in the future to take it back down. DH doesn't want to deal with it. Whomp whomp. 

@swiftlet iron supplements make me super constipated 
    :|  I think that's a pretty common side effect. I take all my vitamins after dinner, and that seems to help with nausea!  
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• @general_organa We have a ranch style house so no stairs to contend with. I have started having difficulty sleeping in the last year or so and end up sleeping in the guest room several nights a week, so this new bed is necessary for the sake of our marriage and TTC! Lol. 
  • @meggyme I have personally tried both EPO and Mucinex and both worked for me. EPO I found not really the first month, but definitely the second. Hopefully you can find something that works for you. GL

@general_organa Just 3lbs away?! That is awesome girl!! Good luck on Thursday, and FX that the spotting stops for you. In the same boat over here too. It bites. 
  • @nitnat007 have fun this week, I love excuses to eat out a lot lol.
    @meggyme yay for DH!!!
    @meri-mac I’ve been highly annoyed with those videos as well <insert angry face>
    @Swiftlet  I have to take my vitamins at lunch or they make me horribly sick, brand doesn’t seem to matter for me.

I’m late checking in today, been busy

Month/Cycle:  1/1, been a year in all

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: HIO EOD, Charts, a number of supplements 

R/R:  Rant: Pretty sure today was O day, going to HIO soon, even with this raging headache, fake it till you make it right 

CS/Q:  meh

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Thanks all for the supplement advice :)@general_organa perhaps TMI but I'm not a frequent pooper to begin with so that scares me a little, haha. Sorry you're still spotting, that really sucks! I am also not a fan of sex on my period. I know some people love it, which is so weird to me because I really hate it! Not just because of the mess but it actually never feels good to me :\
  • *Lurking from TWW
    @meggyme I make my green tea in the morning, let it seep in a travel mug while I get ready, then put it in a glass water bottle in the fridge. I drink it when I get home from work, sometimes with a little squeeze of lemon. I definitely saw in increase in CM this cycle compared to last cycle when I wasn't drink green tea. I stopped drinking it 2DPO because I needed a break from the taste.