Baby Names
Options

Help! Baby girl needs a name, at a loss :/

DH and I have a list, but I don't really LOVE any of the names we have on it. 

-Josephine - my top but he thinks it's too long & old lady, and I don't want her name to be just Josie, so right now it's marked for her MN (I love the name and it's a family name)
-Leah - my second, but the more time that goes on the less exciting it is for me
-Teagan - DH's #1
-Reagan - used to love this name but not so sure anymore
-Ella - I really like this name, especially with how it flows with our last name, but it's gotten way too popular with all the Eleanors, Bella's, Isabella's, etc.

I'm 34 weeks and starting to wonder if I'll find anything I love!  I want something normal, not super popular but not uncommon.  I don't like weird spellings, not a fan of BNOG (even though apparently there are some Teagan and Reagan boys!), don't like super super girly or old lady....
I told my mom a name like Maya or Morgan is what I'm looking for but unfortunately I don't love those names much.  Any suggestions???
Pregnancy Ticker
IVF baby girl born 7/2018  <3
TTC 2013. FET 11/17 - BFP after attempt #6!

Re: Help! Baby girl needs a name, at a loss :/

• Options
    Taylor
    Harper
    Avery
    Gemma
    Arden
    Audra
    Cora
    Cara
    Rosalie
    Eliza
    Ramona

• Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    I love Josephine but it also works well as a middle for many names. I dislike Reagan.  Ella is meh, feels so common. Leah is starting to feel that way too, but Leah Josephine is nice together.  

Reese
    Avery
    Leona
    Jacqueline
    Paige
    Phoebe
    Freya
    Fiona
    Jocelyn
    Zoe
    Mia
    Quinn
    Wren
    Blake
    Brooke
    Tara
    Sienna
    Ciara/Kiera
    Maeve

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cara Josephnie
     Anya Josephine
    Ava Josephine
    Adele Josephine
    Ada Josephine
    Grace Josephine
    Isla Josephine
    Anna Josephine
    Mia Josephine
    Amelia Josephine
    Lila Josephine
    Lily Josephine
    Olivia Josephine
    Paige Josephine
    Ruby Josephine
    Vera Josephine
    Quinn Josephine
    Avery Josephine
    Blair Josephine
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Mallory
    Allison
    Holly

• Options
    bawagsbawags member
    Eliza Josephine
    Elena Josephine
    Calla Josephine
    Norah Josephine
    Sadie Josephine
    Miriam Josephine
  • Options
    I like Reese...a lot actually...how often do you think that gets mistaken for a boys name? I see it occasionally but seems it could go both ways. What do you think about Sydney?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Etta Josephine
    Celia Josephine
    Rayna Josephine
    Josephine Leah
    Samantha Josephine
    Lael Josephine
    Thora Josephine
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member

hoff079 said:

I like Reese...a lot actually...how often do you think that gets mistaken for a boys name? I see it occasionally but seems it could go both ways. What do you think about Sydney?

These days I don’t think Reese is assumed to be a boy.  Reese Witherspoon is the first Reese that comes to mind for me.  I heard a mother at the park calling “Reese” last week and assumed she was calling a girl- she was.  I don’t normally like many boyish names on girls but I do like Reese.

Sydney ok but feels a little dated to me.  I think it was trendier in the 90s
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member

hoff079 said:

These days I don’t think Reese is assumed to be a boy.  Reese Witherspoon is the first Reese that comes to mind for me.  I heard a mother at the park calling “Reese” last week and assumed she was calling a girl- she was.  I don’t normally like many boyish names on girls but I do like Reese.

• Options
    mb0112mb0112 member

hoff079 said:

• Options
    mb0112mb0112 member

hoff079 said:

• Options
    mb0112mb0112 member

hoff079 said:

• Options
    I also like Vera and Danica but DH axed them both.  Why is this so hard!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I think Reese Witherspoon, where Reese is a family name used as a stage name for her. I assume boy but am not surprised to (but disappointed) when it's a girl. 
  • Options
    I know the feeling! I’m having the same problem with names this time around! I’ll give some suggestions that I like, and have proposed, but has been shot down by my H. 

Piper
    Collins
    Millie
    Rosalie (still on my list as a possible middle)
    Clara 
    Juliet
    Violet
    Tilly (nn for Matilda)
    Lucy (nn LuLu)

• Options
    Sounds like you are really looking for a unisex name (even if you don't think you are)-- it's why you are drawn to Morgan, Reese, Sydney. I agree with others about Regan and Teagan (ick). How about:

Kerrigan
    Marlowe
    Barrett
    Cassidy
    Delaney
    Layne/Lane
    Laird
    Blake
    Drew
    Kyle
    Blair
    Sawyer