December 2018 Moms

Re: Monday BF

• I forgot my lunch at home so now I'm starving AND lazy. What's a gal to do?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• oh no @texas_t! the worst of all fates! 

Mine is that my employer is eroding retirement benefits and they just released that I won't be eligible for retirement until i'm 62! (it used to be 55). I don't even know if I want to stay with this company for 31 more years, but i would like to have had the option to leave at 55. PLUS, i missed the cut off by 3 months- ughhhhhh. This is one of many benefits that they are tweaking, but it is the most annoying one. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @morgantu Wow, that's depressing.  I think they should compensate you with 7 years of vacation, lol!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t Right?!?! they make sure a huge deal when hiring people about the "total compensation" package and the wonderful benefits. But they not only are drastically reducing the benefits for new hires, now they are getting rid of benefits that were part of my contract when I was hired. It's a mess. 
  • @morgantu That seems illegal.... Are there loopholes in your contract that help them justify it? So wrong.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t Any good options for you to pick up?

@morgantu - That is awful and just doesn't seem right

My BF is that work is slowly sucking the life out of me.  And total FWP - I can't decide where we should babymoon and I really need to book this week since it will be the first week of August.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @morgantu Oh wow, that's crazy! I don't have any experience with that since I work freelance (so no pension or retirement stuff), but it sounds really unfair! 55 to 62 is a huge jump! I'm sorry!
  • My BF today is that my kid took a 40-minute nap. I just don’t know what to do with him. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @lexidawg I meandered to the work kitchen and scavenged some leftover rotisserie chicken from catered lunch on friday, cherries, and a whole wheat bagel! Not too shabby!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @lexidawg Are y'all looking to fly or drive? How long are you staying?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @PensiveCrayon boo. Let him play in the bath?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• DH is on day two of a severe migraine I wish I could punch them they disrupt our lives so much. He's so miserable and has had a cold for a week on top of that so we've been sleeping in separate rooms. There's a big front coming through the midwest, so hopefully once it get here/passes, he can find some relief.

Also, I'm feeling very much in my own head lately about this pregnancy and wondering if there's anything wrong. I don't have much of an appetite, I don't have almost any symptoms except having to pee & am feeling anxious all of the sudden for some reason. I JUST heard the heartbeat last week, so calm down temmetime.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @temmetime I have no appetite either, if that makes you feel any better. I wasn't able to eat dinner last night because of vomiting and I assumed I'd wake up feeling ravenous and I had no appetite at all. My belly is getting larger though and I have heard the heartbeat several times, so I am telling myself it's just the ebbs and flows of pregnancy symptoms! And I'm so sorry about your DH's migraines - migraines are torture!
  • @texas_t Actually, he is outside playing with his new water table while I attempt to get some writing done! I think he's pretty tired though, because he's been a lot quicker to cry than normal. I'll probably try to nap him again this afternoon. I would maybe attempt to power through except that we have swim lessons tonight (!) at 6, and I don't want him to have a meltdown there and hate the experience.
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @texas_t Good job on the rummaging!  We want to do 4 nights and 5 days. I am good with either flying or driving. We live in NYC and I just want a relaxing beach vacation!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PensiveCrayon Oh my gosh. Solidarity. Mine didn’t sleep AT ALL. Both of her sleep sacks were peed on and I didn’t have a chance to wash yet so I gave her a blanket. 2 hours later we can officially call that a failed experiment. Now she’s just miserable. It’s gonna be a long afternoon.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @temmetime @maureenmce I also have a small appetite right now, but it is not because of nausea. I'm 13 weeks so am supposed to start eating 300 calories a day more. I planned out my meals to make sure I'm getting it in and I'm having so much trouble! It's 12:20 PM and I just got through my breakfast shake (chocolate protein powder, banana, almond milk, water, splash of cinnamon) and I was also slowly snacking on my morning snack of yogurt and a slice of whole wheat toast. I need to have my lunch, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to fit it in.  :D

I've been worried about the baby too, since I haven't had an appointment since the end of May. I had some interesting symptoms this weekend that might mean a yeast or other infection (likely not though), so they're having me come in today just to be safe. I'm kind of relieved to go in because I know we'll check the heartbeat.  :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • +1 for no appetite. Ugh. 

AFM, I actually have BF material! 
    So AL is super weird with utilities, and the local companies are real sh!tty because there’s no competition...so they can be jerks and still be in business :rage:
    So the gas company’s records say that the gas is on...but it definitely is not. So we don’t have gas (so no hot water). 
    Earlier, the water company decided to turn off our water because they effed up and didn’t read our closing documents. So we’re waiting for the water to get turned on again...I’m thirsty!
    And our internet cable was cut (from the inside) so our quick install has turned into needing a technician tomorrow. 

The best east part is that a gas tech came out to fix the gas...but out here they can’t turn on gas without water service. So the gas is still off because some asshat had our water turned off for no reason (at least, no fault of ours). 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @lexidawg How about Tampa?? Clearwater has a great beach!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t My husband suggested Tampa!  I should actually consider it. LOL
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t Take me there right now!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lexidawg I'm stowing away in your luggage, lol
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Dang @echo-charlietango what a run around. Hopefully it all gets cleared up soon so you can have a drink and a shower! 
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited June 2018
    Ugh, sorry for all the nonsense @echo-charlietango ! Hope it gets sorted out soon.
  • @echo-charlietango That's super annoying! Hopefully it gets sorted out soon!

I realized I have one too. I absolutely hate people who run through stop signs. There is this 4-way stop near my work. This morning I come up to it and stop and look around and there's a car also pulling up to stop across from me but no one to the left or right. I slowly start moving forward and out of the corner of my eye see this red thing jetting forward. Seriously this guy was going fast. He must have been going at least 35 mph (in a 25 mph zone) and definitely moved so fast that he can't have stopped at the stop sign or even done a "California roll" as I like to call them. I had to slam on the brakes so as to not t-bone him as he tailed it through the intersection. The car on the other side of the street and I exchanged bewildered expressions before we both continued driving and going on with our day.

It's an extremely dangerous place to run a stop sign, since it's a high pedestrian area (close to downtown) and there are a ton of bus stops a long that street. Gah. I'm just glad I have a good reaction time. But I definitely was almost hyperventilating afterwards and my heart rate was sky high.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @texas_t I've been excessively planning a trip there for fall 2019. I have the flights, hotel & car rental allll planned out :D 
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • hkomhkom member
    Biiig BF.

We've been coordinating with our neighbors for months to get some trees behind our houses cut down (cheaper for everyone if they do it all at once).  For some reason H abd I volunteered to be the organizers. We finally got a company to do a cost estimate. The contractor is currently an hour and a half late to come do the quote, and haven't called to let us know what's going on.  I called the main office but all they could tell me was that they are out and I'm on the list.  What contractor doesn't call when they are running late?!  How can you do business like that?!  Now I look like a dope because I'm the one who picked these people (based on recommendations from my dad and uncle,  both of whom are regular customers of this company) .

BabyFruit Ticker

• hkomhkom member
    @echo-charlietango Thanks!  They never showed up - but I'm going to give them one chance to redeem themselves.  YAY for your utilities!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @echo-charlietango Yay to gas and water! It’s hard enough to move as it is, man. I can’t imagine not having two of the most important utilities up and running. 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon & @rosebud332 I also had a non napper today. We spent 3 hours at an indoor play place, so I had high hopes, but no luck. At least he was fairly pleasant the rest of the day.
    @echo-charlietango That really sucks! I am glad it got corrected.
    @omnommer I don’t think people realize how dangerous vehicles are! They never think anything will happen to them. So stupid!
    @lexidawg I third thevtampa suggestion. We love St Pete Beach. We stayed at the Guy Harvey Outpost for our honeymoon and at the Beachcomber in January for our 5 year anniversary. I highly recommend both!
    @hkom That is terrible business. We had the same happen to us with 2 different landscaping companies. Don’t they want business?
  • ebk20ebk20 member
    I also agree with Tampa. Clearwater is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. 

Another route,  it is beautiful here in Michigan in August and great beaches. Love lake Michigan!
  • @Katy0990 @ebk20 Thank you! I will look into both!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lexidawg +1 for Clearwater. I've stayed at the Sandpearl Resort.
  • hkomhkom member
    It's not Monday anymore but I still have some bitching to do.  We have new neighbors and they have a lovely yellow lab - looking dog.  They currently have him tied up in the back yard - which is fine - I have no problem with leaving a dog in the backyard for the day (I would do it with ours but she'll climb over the fence).  BUT I guess they are new enough that they don't know the sun/shade patterns in their yard and don't realize that where they have their dog tied up there is no shade at all, and that his leash won't reach to where the shade is.  He's been out there for hours and it's very clear he is hot.  They have a kiddie pool filled with water but I don't think that's enough given that it's in the mid-90s today.  I may try to nicely say something to them about it whenever I run into them, but IDK.  I don't know these people at all and I'm not sure how to approach them.  Blah. Poor doggie :(  

BabyFruit Ticker

• @hkom That irks me so badly. It's so sensitive because people are legitimately crazy so you'll never know how they'll react.  

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @Jens_Hoes That place looks awesome. Unfortunately, it's sold out!
    @hkom This makes me RAGE.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hkom Oh no, that's awful. I really, really hope they just don't know and it's not that they don't care. :( Poor doggo.