February 2019 Moms

Fit Mom Friday Check-In 06/15

How far along are you? 

How did this week’s workouts go for you? 

Planning on making any adjustments for the upcoming week? 

GTKY: What is the craziest workout or fad diet you've tried?  
DS1 8/11/10 
DS2 8/21/12
DD 9/26/14
Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 

Re: Fit Mom Friday Check-In 06/15

• How far along are you?  5w4d

Good! A little more tired, just because I haven’t been sleeping well and I can’t drink ALL the coffee. But once I get started I’m good to go. 

Planning on making any adjustments for the upcoming week?  Nope.

GTKY: What is the craziest workout or fad diet you've tried?  The South Beach Diet. My roommate in college had the book so we tried it and failed. 
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • How far along are you? Almost 7 weeks

Ok, didn’t work out as many days as I would have liked to because of morning (all day) sickness.

Planning on making any adjustments for the upcoming week? Just going to hope some of this MS eases up or try and just power through it.

GTKY: What is the craziest workout or fad diet you've tried?  When I was 19, my roommate and I tried to do the master cleanse (which we really didn’t need to). We barely made it a day if I recall correctly, haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 6 weeks today

How did this week’s workouts go for you? it’s just so hard to get motivated because I’m so sluggish. And the nausea is tough. But once I get going I’m good and always feel better after

Planning on making any adjustments for the upcoming week? trying to incorporate some yoga this week - I have some pretty significant anxiety and yoga has always helped to keep that in check. 

GTKY: What is the craziest workout or fad diet you've tried?  I haven’t tried anything too crazy that I can think of. I was doing IF before I found out I’m pregnant and loveeeeed how I felt, but I felt like it was a little too intense for pregnancy? Lol maybe that’s the craziest thing I’ve tried. 
  • How far along are you? 6 weeks 

I only got one walk/run in. I’m usedto DD waking up by 6 so I can do it before work, but she’s been sleeping in. I got one in on my lunch hour but it was SO hot. 

Planning on making any adjustments for the upcoming week?  Hopefully more active 

GTKY: What is the craziest workout or fad diet you've tried?  I haven’t really done any fads. DH does Atkins all the time and I tried it for a couple weeks with him once. 
  • How far along are you? 5 weeks 2 days

Good. I got in 3 strength sessions, which was my goal.

Planning on making any adjustments for the upcoming week? I really want to start consistently going for at least a 20 minute walk during my lunch rather than working through it. I know the fresh air will do me a lot of good. 

GTKY: What is the craziest workout or fad diet you've tried?  Nothing too crazy. I don't think I could stick with a fad routine or diet.
  • @BourbonBiscuits I was doing IF (16/8) too and loved it. It's so easy for me to follow since it's pretty much how I naturally eat anyway. 
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • How far along are you? 7 weeks tomorrow 

pretty good. I made it to two Zumba classes and made it to the gym last night with a friend but since we are both pregnant we were kind of lazy and only did 30 minutes before hitting the massage chairs, it’s also been really nice all week so I’ve taken DD out for walks almost every day .

Planning on making any adjustments for the upcoming week? no , same routine as always. 

GTKY: What is the craziest workout or fad diet you've tried?   I don’t think I’ve ever done anything crazy . Ive been on a liquid diet twice with jaw surgeries so I’ve had weird and crazy liquid food but that’s about it . 
  • How far along are you? 
    6w5d

Ran/walked 2x, some weight training. Goal is to do weights tomorrow, yoga Sunday.
    Planning on making any adjustments for the upcoming week? 
    Depends on how bad the MS gets
    GTKY: What is the craziest workout or fad diet you've tried? 

I once tried a sugar cleanse (not even fruit, dairy, or grains). I did this for a month, and was so irritable that I ruined relationships. 
    I did the south beach diet last summer and lost about 15lbs.

• How far along are you? 6+4 (wow, when did that happen?!)

How did this week’s workouts go for you? Eh, not so great. It’s been on and off since DD was born where I have a good month followed by a bad month. Last month was my good month. This week, we’re getting ready for the end of school and most of us are moving classrooms so we are staying late to pack beyond just the regular end of year stuff. Paired with my newly arriving MS, I only got in one solid run. Five miles! DD has also been sick and not STTN again, so that doesn’t help. 

Planning on making any adjustments for the upcoming week? Hopefully just getting in more runs than walks. We are really good about going for walks after dinner with DD but that takes time away from a run. 

GTKY: I’m more lifestyle fitness/nutrition. I’m all about everything in moderation, so no crazy diets or workouts here. 

• @mel689 me too! It was so natural for me to just skip breakfast. That does NOT fly anymore with this MS lol
  • lea-v3lea-v3 member
    edited June 2018
    @corgicreator - this thread :)

Edit - or one like this on Friday's. This is last weeks I think..
  • How far along are you? 6 weeks

not great - I feel like puking all the time and the weather isn’t great (which really doesn’t help)

Planning on making any adjustments for the upcoming week? focus on at least walking more. Even if that’s just parking at the back of the parking lot. 

GTKY: What is the craziest workout or fad diet you've tried?  being vegan or whole30. Life isn’t worth living without cheese. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• lea-v3 said:
    @corgicreator - this thread :)

Edit - or one like this on Friday's. This is last weeks I think..
    Thank you!
  • I miss my Pilates workouts so much. My morning sickness has just made that completely impossible for three weeks now. The good days are the ones when I manage to even just take a walk around the block. I feel like such a couch potato. 
  • These past two weeks workouts haven't been feasible. I'm just so tired all the time. Yesterday I vacuumed the house and basically had to take a nap after! I've been trying to walk more to not become completely sedentary. 
  • I'm only almost 5 weeks so still feeling okay, so I got a workout in every day. I ran over 5 miles Tuesday, Saturday, and today, and did pilates/p90x the rest of the week. Hopefully I can keep it up the next few weeks.  So and I are going on a week long canoe trip next month. Roughing it hardcore- I want to be in shape for this!

• Since week 7 hit, workouts have gone to shit. I stopped because I threw up after my run, but the throwing up has become a daily occurrence anyway so I might start walking.
    diet has also been complete garbage since I have aversions to leafy greens. Also can’t drink water...lost a few lbs so I may ask for a prescription so I can at least keep myself hydrated. 
  • @conchispita yikes girl! I cant imagine not even holding down fluids. I hope you find something that helps. 
  • lea-v3lea-v3 member
    @conchispitita I'm sorry :( I was the same way with my first. 
  • Throwing up is daily here. As of yesterday, I’m down 7 lbs since I weighed in at the MW like two weeks ago. I can keep down water, but no fluids with calories and food is a crap shoot. The same thing happened with DD. I ended up dropping 15 lbs and then putting on 20 after that. I just want to eat and get some exercise. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• I finally tried unisom + b6 which has kept the vomit at bay, and now I can drink water :D  kinda feel like a zombie but I’ll take that over dehydration. @kayjay44 have you tried zofran? 15 lbs is a lot :/