Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY Thursday 6/14

meri-macmeri-mac member
edited June 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
What is your worst roommate or house guest story?

Re: GTKY Thursday 6/14

• Hmmm... I've never had any bad roommates or house guests. I once had rats in my attic space and after the initial infestation went away they left a rat trap up there. A year later (right after DH had deployed) I heard a loud CLUNK and then a whole lot of scurrying and thumping. Called the exterminator to check the trap and there was nothing in it. ***Spine tingling, there's still a rat in my house shiver*** I also had a palmetto bug that wanted to live in my silverware drawer. He eventually met his death in my vacuum cleaner. I still flinch if I see something unexpected in my silverware drawer.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @meggyme Oh so gross! I was trying to find a GTKY that would elicit some laughs, but I never had a really bad roommate either unless you count MF. He is a slob and encourages my inner slob to be free. Not a good thing in a small house.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh man, I could not stand my freshman year roommate in college.  I went in blind and when we first met before moving in, we got along great.  This girl turned out to be nuts. 

She snored SO LOUD, which was the worst.  She also went to bed super early (like 9:30 or something crazy) and I'm a night owl - so every night I'd still have lights on at my desk to do homework or whatever and if I went into the bathroom, she would get down from her loft and turn off all the lights so I would come back into the room in complete darkness.  Then she'd audibly sigh and groan when I'd have to turn a light back on. 

In our room, we had a shelf for any food we had and then some shelf type things we had pictures on, etc...  One day, I got back from class and she literally had put every.single.thing. I owned in the room piled haphazardly on my desk.  I mean everything - my trash can, my pictures, all my food boxes, literally everything.  She left a note on top and said "I cleaned the room, here is all your crap" (or something along those lines).  After that, we never spoke again.  We lived in silence when we were both in the room. 

Thankfully, I got along with our suitemates and all the other girls on our floor, so I would just stay out of our room most of the time.  She was dating a guy from her hometown and he would pick her up and take her home every single weekend which was the best part.  I ended up friending her on facebook for funsies a few years ago (so like well over a decade after we last spoke).  She accepted and I got a good laugh out of it. :D
  • @Sparty18 Wow. She was the queen of passive aggressiveness. Although, I don't know how confrontational I would be at 18  :D  
  • @navete No way!  The "She Bangs" guy!  Must know more!   :D
  • Senior year of college I wanted to live off-campus so I shared a house with some acquaintances (a few teammates (T&F) and their friend).  I'm pretty sure these girls never had to worry about money in their life because in the winter they would have the heat cranked up to like 80 with the freakin' windows open (for "fresh" air). Our electric bill in the winter was over $450 per month. I was a poor college student and pretty much all the money I earned from my $7/hr job went to pay the dang bills because those girls couldn't put on a sweatshirt in the house.

@navete I remember "She Bangs"!! That guy was so hilarious!!!

• JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited June 2018
    Oh god I still get angry just thinking about mine. I rented a room from a group of girls over the summer and I made the mistake of asking a friend at the time to go halfers on the room with me and share the bunk bed. Well she insisted on having the bottom bed even though I’m taller. Then she literally never stayed the night but maybe once a week at our place becuase she was always at her bf house. So end of the summer comes and she insisted that I need to pay for her half of the room becuase I was the only one that used it.  Also, she didn’t want to waist her mom’s money on it becuase you know she never worked a day in her life. But she would always call her mom up and ask her to buy a $100+ pair of jeans from the Buckle. Meanwhile I’m busting my ass working a full time job and taking summer classes but it’s completely  okay for her to insist that I pay her share. 

ETA: I didn’t pay it btw.
  • meri-macmeri-mac member
    edited June 2018
    @navete That is crazy. I concur with @Sparty18. Inquiring minds wanna know!

@lilly91613 How did you not lose it at them? Did they not know how heating works?

@JLaVO888 Good for you! Entitled b**ch.
  • Every time we go out of town we have my MIL watch the house and our animals. It’s great. I really appreciate her doing that. Except, every time something bad happens. Here’s a list of just a few things:

Our dog got sick on our carpet in multiple spots and she didn’t clean it up. Her excuse was that we didn’t have any white vinegar, because that’s what she read online to use to clean it… We had vinegar in the cupboard the whole time.

Our puppy peed on the carpet and she must not have noticed, so she never cleaned it up. When we got home she said to us that our house smells of piss (in a condescending way, like we don’t clean enough)… Well no shit it does, you left pee on the floor!

My dog and her dog got into a fight. Her dog bit mine close to the eye and it got badly infected. Not completely her fault but still…

She spilt red wine on our nearly white carpet… twice.

She thought she was being nice and raked a bunch of leaves away from our fence line. But then she just left them there. They ended up killing our grass.

One time she broke our washer. She put it on a weird cycle and changed a bunch of nobs. I’ll admit that maybe it wasn’t actually her that broke it and that it could have happened to any of us. But seriously no one likes to go out of town and come home to a broken washer.

I’m almost to the point where I don’t want to ask her to watch the house any more. She complains that we’re not appreciative enough… It’s hard to be when you’re scared you’re going to come home to the house burned down!

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 Oh gosh. That is quite the list. She seems plagued by Murphy's Law. I don't blame you for not wanting to ask her again.
  • @meri-mac She really is! This is normal for her in her every day life too. Not just when she's watching our house lol.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Oh this is a great question!

I lived with 3 girls all through college and I love them still. We laugh about one's promiscuity back then. The worst time was when I got up to go to class and a stranger was brushing his teeth with MY toothbrush! Yuk!!!

Another question: is anyone allowed to start these kinds of posts or just admin?
  • @mdmommymegs anyone can start the GTKY question for the day. The admins only get involved when people don’t play nice or break the rules.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::