November 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in w/o 6/13

This is a check in for those of us who are experiencing pregnancy after a loss (miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, stillbirth, child loss, to name a few). Hopefully we can all lend support to each other through the hormone-filled craziness that is pregnancy! Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 

4. Any appointment updates?

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 

GTKY: Are you planning to take a baby moon? If so, where?

Re: PGAL Check-in w/o 6/13

• Options
    18w3d. Past my milestones

I'm ok. Baby boy goes between laying fully on my cervix or curling behind my placenta in a tiny ball, which is just uncomfortable. 

I'm a little nervous. My MFM appt is tomorrow, so I will find out what they think.

MFM appt tomorrow, then OB next week. I basically get two AS!

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 
    I was hoping that this pg would be less drama than with ds, but so far it has been more. The cramping episode really freaked me out especially with how sore I am after. My stomach was tight, I couldn't even press in and my muscles just now feel a little better. It really felt like I had done heavy weights with crunches, my and, pelvis, all of it hurts. BH started up yesterday, which is really not helping my mental state. 

Not really. We are going to the beach July 1st, but it is with FIL and friends. H and I do get a date night, but that is about it. 
  • Options
    16w,6d, past loss milestones.
    so much stomach acid. also, my belly is feeling so tight, like being massively bloated 24/7. moving around in bed and picking up dd is a pain.
    good for the most part.
    had an appointment with a midwife at my obgyn yesterday, and it was nbd. took dd1 with me and she got to see the babies on an ultrasound for the first time. she was standing on the chair to get a better look, but she didn’t have anything to say.
    yesterday felt like the longest day i’ve had in awhile. left the house at 7:30am with dd1 and didn’t get home until 3pm for a day full of doc appointment related stuff. obgyn appointment. then emergent appointment at pediatrician bc dd1 hadn’t pooped in 10 days, then back to pedi because somehow i lost her prescription between check-out and getting her buckled in the car. then lunch at nearby hospital cafeteria. then appointment with radiology for abdominal xrays for her, including a lengthy hospital registration. then pharmacy where she got to pick out a toy while we waited for her script fulfillment. then additional store for something pharmacy didn’t have. got home and had my first foray giving dd1 a suppository. she acted so upset and betrayed after i told her what the suppository was suppose to do, whoa. my dd was such a trooper for such a long boring day. i mean, she was still antsy and crabby, but she’s 3 and under the circumstances she did great. lollipop count: 2; slices of hospital pizza: 2; times i unsuccessfully tried to get dd to pee in a cup in a public restroom: 3; steps where i had to carry dd1: a zillion; years off my life: 5.
    i was this close to booking a babymoon/family trip to the bahamas in september, but then we found out baby was actually babies, and all the money flew out of our savings account  :#
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wildrainbow i’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. fingers crossed that the mfm gives you acceptable news about your cholestasis situation.
  • Options
    @wildrainbow - I hope your appointment goes well! The braxton hicks stress me out a little too.
    @highsteaks - wow 10 days!! I hope she's pooped now! I'm sorry for the long day yesterday.

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 18w3d - past my loss milestones 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? ok. sciatic/lower back pain, dreaming all night long, braxton hicks... 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? I am ok. The weird pains in my uterus have me nervous (although I've read it's likely scar tissue stretching from my previous csection). I just want to have my anatomy scan and get good news and hopefully feel a little better. Oh and start feeling more consistent movement! I feel like I could see DS moving around in my stomach at 20 weeks, so I hope this one is similar 

4. Any appointment updates? 6 days until my anatomy scan! 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): Every time I do a reasonable amount of cleaning (and lord knows my house needs it) I get braxton hicks contractions. When I rest they go away, but it still makes me a little anxious. I really need to start cleaning out the house because whether we stay or move for DH's job it needs to be done. We've really been up to the same ole same ole overall. 

I don't think so. If we move we might try and get to the beach depending on cost (because we'll likely never live this close to one again). Even if we don't we might try to go for some pictures.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @highsteaks - I think all peds are so different! If your daughter was comfortable and wasn't leaking (DS would leak in his underwear if he held it more than 5-6 days) I can see being less concerned/waiting longer. I'm glad the suppository worked! 

@middleschoolmommy - hopefully sweet baby girl stays in a long long time! 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 16 weeks, 6 days

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Great actually! My heart rate keeps going from my resting  (70 bpm) to 120bpm (thank you fitbit for tracking).  I get super exhausted when its high- like i cant get a deep breath in... so weird.  

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Started getting nervous about the NIPT results (we had to wait an extra 2 months since we lost one of the twins) I'm 36 (37 next week) so I know there are added risks.......

4. Any appointment updates? I've gone 1 week without an ultrasound for the first time since 6 weeks and havent started to feel too anxious! No appointments until mid July when we get the NIPT results. 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): I just found out my dad has lung cancer, 1 week after him and my mom got divorced (who gets divorced at 65?!?!?!) My brothers are being little shits about helping him through chemo and its breaking my heart he's doing it alone- even though they both live relatively close to him.  I'm in the Philippines and can't take time off to go back since all my days are going to my extended maternity leave (since i have to fly to the states to deliver).   The "good" brother got hit by a car a year ago and has a TBI so is being a difficult (TBI effect) and isnt even visiting him on fathers day.  I'm a huge daddy's girl and this is killing me being away from him.  I really wish I could be home and take care of him.......... 3 more months until I can come back to the States. 

GTKY: Are you planning to take a baby moon? If so, where?  I have promised my Australian wife we will visit my extremely small town hometown for a weekend while we are back in the States to deliver the baby.... there are more cows than people and it will be an amazing cultural experience haha!  I think to add some real true small town america culture i'll also bring her to a Buffalo Bills game.  It'll be amazing. 
  • Options
    @preggersabroad - Have you mentioned your increased heart rate to the doc? I know I've seen you post about it more than once, and if you're not doing any activity to cause the increase AND you're symptomatic with them I'd definitely call your doctor if you haven't already. I assume they'll have you wear a holter monitor for 1-3 days and try and catch what your heart is doing. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Do you know what his prognosis is? I hope your brothers will stop being jerks and help him.
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    @wildrainbow Did the doctor say what might have caused the cramping? I had some BH with cramping last week that made me really nervous. It lasted for a while while I was at work, and I was feeling bad afterward like I probably should have called the doctor. It let up though and hasn't happened again, although I still get BH a couple times a day (without cramping though, thank goodness). How did the MFM appointment go today?
    @highsteaks Yikes! It sounds like you had a super stressful day. I hope your DD is feeling better now and that you don't have to give her any more suppositories.
    @mockingjay1 Hooray for the AS coming up so soon! I'm so excited to hear how it goes. Sorry about the weird pains in your uterus. That sounds really stressful and disconcerting. :( Hopefully it doesn't last too long. Maybe it'll cease after your uterus grows past the c-section scar area? 
    @middleschoolmommy I can't imagine how stressful it is wondering if you'll go into preterm labor again. That must be really scary! Know that we're all crossing our fingers that your baby stays in as long as possible. Your trip to Houston/Galveston sounds like fun! You'll have to let us know how it goes.
    @preggersabroad That seems pretty scary about your heart rate. Ditto what @mockingjay1 said. Have you talked to the doctor about it? I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, and that your family isn't helping out.  :'(
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 19w 6d. I moved myself back in time after talking to my OB today. I had been using the date they gave me at my dating ultrasound (baby was measuring several days ahead with a due date of October 27th), but the OB said to stick with the LMP due date of November 2nd. The due date fits though, because the baby was measuring on par with the November 2nd due date at my AS. 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Thirsty all the time and feeling some BH a few times a day. No other major symptoms.

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Pretty good now that I feel the baby moving around all the time. Now I'm starting to get a little nervous about preterm labor (even though I was overdue with DD and never experienced preterm labor), but I feel like there's always something to be anxious about during pregnancy. 

4. Any appointment updates? Just had a regular OB check up today. It was the first time the OB measured my uterus. It was measuring at 16cm, which he said was great. 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever: I'm just waiting for tomorrow because MH bought me a Playstation 4 so I can play all the old Kingdom Hearts games. I'm so excited! I don't play a ton of video games, but Kingdom Hearts is my favorite. Other than that, it's a warm day today so we might go to the pool in a little bit.

GTKY: We aren't planning an official babymoon. We're going to NYC to see a show in July, and we may try to fit in a short beach trip sometime this summer. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 17w6d

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Everything good except super exhausted and with no energy. I need the 2nd tri energy burst to kick in. 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? I am feeing baby everyday now so feeling pretty relaxed right now. 

4. Any appointment updates? None

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): Ugh, I've been getting so impatient with DH this week. He hasn't been helping at home much at all and with me being so tired, things and housework keep piling up. I was super rude this morning and then I felt bad because he is the nicest, most patient guy and responded with complete patience. I am going to have to apologize when he comes home but we're also going to have to talk about him not helping at home. 

We haven't discussed but we usually take a weekend trip every spring and fall just the two of us and I'm sure he will want one before the baby comes. We normally go into the mountains so it's not like we go too far but it's nice to have the time to just focus on each other. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    @offtoneverland I posted an update on the appointment thread. 
  • Options
    @offtoneverland and @mockingjay1 Thank you both for the push- I've made a dr appointment for tomorrow morning- and through in a ultrasound while I'm there!
  • Options
    @wildrainbow sorry to hear about your pregnancy woes, but jealous you get two AS! 
    @preggerasbroad I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis and your brothers' inattentiveness. It must be so hard to be so far away with so much going on at home. (hugs) Hoping your doctor's appointment went well!

16w3d, past my milestones

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Pretty well - not much nausea and getting a little energy back. I did something to my neck this week so that's been ramping up the headaches the last few days. Good excuse to go to the spa for a massage this weekend!

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Great. We had our 16w pre-AS yesterday at the MFM office which I was nervous about, although I've consistently been able to find her with the doppler at home so that has been helping. Appointment went so well, we are ecstatic! 

4. Any appointment updates? No more appointments until July, boo! 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): Besides the great scan yesterday, this week has been a rough one. As mentioned, I injured my neck on Tuesday and the pain is still going strong today thanks to not being able to take anti-inflammatory meds. In addition, a colleague of mine was put on a performance development plan at the end of last year, meaning he either needs to ship up this year or ship out this year. I feel like my pregnancy announcement has kind of expedited that process, since they know he won't be able to fulfill my job responsibilities he's going to be leaving within the next few months and they'll be hiring a replacement. The only thing is, my manager decided that he would allow this guy a month or two to find a new job before kicking him to the curb IF AND ONLY IF he could prove to him that he could do my job, which he was trained on extensively last year but never grasped. So here I am, a year later, taking over his entire job responsibility so he can concentrate on learning my job and finding a new one for himself, while still doing my job and training this guy who has no clue, plus double checking everything he does.  That's nice of my manager to do since this colleague of mine is the sole provider for his family of 4, however it's really unfair to me because I'm stuck doing two jobs for the rest of the month while this guy continues to have no motivation or desire to do anything besides the bare minimum and is just a miserable person to deal with on top of it all. Ugh

Trying to figure it out! Have been thinking Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Fire Island or the Hamptons but haven't been able to find anything I like - I'm picky about the hotels and Airbnbs I stay at. TBD
  • Options
    16 weeks, 6 days, past all my milestones

I feel great for the most part. Not really having any pregnancy symptoms. Occasionally I will have some cramping/pain down there which I think is RLP. 

I was doing a lot better last week. I was feeling bubbles or some type of movement every day. However, after our Disney trip I feel like a ball of anxiety. It was so hot there and we walked so much. I drank water all the time but that whole week I barely felt anything. Now that we are home, I really haven't felt anything and it it is making me so scared.

I have my OB appointment tomorrow and my 3 hour test. I just want to hear the little one's heartbeat. 

Just got back from Disney and it was an exhausting trip. This week is all about DD's dance recital with lots of rehearsals and the recital this weekend.

Probably not with going to Disney!!
  • Options
    @bfpafter4years The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I had started feeling movement pretty frequently, then went to visit my sister and didn't feel any movement the 5 days I was there. I was really nervous about it, but at that stage, I was only feeling movement when I would sit really still. My sister and her kids are very active, so I didn't sit still the whole time I was there! 

I'm sure your baby was not harmed by the heat. Baby is so well protected inside you, and you would know if you got dehydrated or overheated. Take some time to sit still today if you can, and hopefully you'll feel something!

@ginny_203 So happy your scan went so well! I'm sorry you have to fill in for your awful coworker. That would be really stressful. Good luck with it. Hopefully they find a replacement for him asap. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @offtoneverland thank you for the reassurance! I am trying to stay positive and just wait it out until tomorrow. I hope this anxiety let's up soon! This PGAL brain is the worst!