Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 6/13

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:  
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: WTO Wednesday 6/13

• Apparently I missed a gross drive by yesterday  :s

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: pnv, b6, charting, bd

Rave: the weather has been lovely the last few days! Adoring the slightly cooler temps. Rant: my company was acquired and my job is being cut. I thought I had two possible opportunities, only they’ve both gone quite this week. I need to follow up so I know if I need to keep looking. 

CS/Q: nope

• @LElkCot I'm sorry to hear about your job. Job hunting sucks! I would always keep looking though until you have signed an agreement or something. 

Month/Cycle: 14/15

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 
    sexing

R/R: 
    I’m on a different antibiotic that should hopefully be strong enough to kick this sinus infection in the butt. So far I feel the same (it’s only been 2 pills tho lol. What can I say, I’m a millennial. I expect instant results!)

**TW Death mentioned

So, one of my coworkers is from Kenya. Most of his family still lives there, and he plans to move back there when he retires. One of his brothers is a surgeon and lives in a suburb of Nairobi. Yesterday he got a phone call that his brother and wife were ambushed. They had just pulled up to their driveway and were opening the gate when these men attacked them. They shot them both. The wife (my coworkers SIL) died at the scene and the brother is in the ICU. He’s going to live but was shot in the chest (no vital organs were hit). They have no idea what these guys wanted, they didn’t steal anything. I guess there had been another attack on his life a couple weeks ago but he was able to escape. It just all feels so surreal to me, like something from a movie. You hear about corruption and murder but you’re never connected to it. 
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @LElkCot EEK! Sorry to hear that about your job position. I'm sure you will find something better :) 

@LJMoon6 I hope you start feeling better soon. I hate to hear that about your coworkers family.. that is just terrible and sad!! 

Month/Cycle: 9/10

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: OPKs start today as well as the HIO marathon. 

R/R: No rant today! Rave: We did get all of our bedroom furniture in our bedroom last night.. yay! Now we just have to hang stuff on the walls and decorate. It's coming along! 

CS/Q:  Nothing to see here. I did temp this morning. I planned to take the month off but it is an addiction. We'll see what happens!
  • **Lurking from TWW**

@LElkCot I'm sorry about the job prospects. Hopefully they will resurface soon.

@LJMoon6 That is crazy. I'm so sorry for your co-worker and I hope you feel better soon.
  • Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD: 40

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, BBT, PCOS Diet, Supplements

R/R:  I let myself have McDonalds last night (really breaking my diet) and I knew I would regret it and I do lol.  I just feel gross.  

CS/Q:  I am so annoyed that I wasn't able to take my temp today.  Someone woke me up last night and was fidgety so I couldn't get back to sleep and couldn't sleep a long enough stretch to take my temp.  It always happens on the important days.  So still in limbo now I guess.
  • @LElkCot I am so sorry!  I hope you find something soon.

@LJMoon6 Hopefully you feel better soon!  And wow I am so sorry about your coworker's family.  That is so awful.

@meladams10 Ha!  Every time I say I won't temp, I usually end up doing it anyways.

• Month/Cycle: 11/8

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: same as usual

R/R: Finance guy brought coffee in this morning. Starbucks Mocha Frappe. It's pretty good but still not moving him up on my list. And lawyer meeting went better then I could have guessed yesterday so I'm in a pretty rant-less mood today!

CS/Q: Still nothing major but hot damn these temps are consistant. Forgive me while a AW them again.... and oh many have I decimated my battery life. Maybe I should actually do some work....

@lelkcot you for sure missed that but be thankful. When I lost my job last year, everyone told me I'd find better and while it was hard to believe then, it turned out true. I hope you get the same!

@ljmoon6 I know what you mean about expecting to feel better asap. Esp when it's been going on so long. So sorry to hear about your coworkers family. It's so hard to realize that these things really do happen when your not faced with them regularly.

@meladams10 yey for furniture! Was it great to sleep on the bed for real (not a mattress on the floor lol)

@sparklingdiamond I haven't had McDs in about 3yrs and know trying to have it now would end in disaster. Sorry your still in limbo. Maybe it would be less stressful to just out the thermometer down for the remainder of this cycle?

• @prpl11butterfly Yea I probably should, but I really would like to know if I did finally O or not.  If I didn't I am taking Provera.
  • @sparklingdiamond The universe really does have an annoying sense of humor. It always is after ovulation where you can't sleep, wake up early, etc. So frustrating!
    @prpl11butterfly Yum to your Starbucks Mocha Frappe! Never had one but it sounds delish. What a pretty chart you have. No major outliers! It was wonderful to actually sleep in a bed in a bedroom haha! Right in time for our HIO marathon too. Something about being on a mattress on the floor in the dining room doesn't really set the mood, haha!
  • Month/Cycle: lots

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: bbt,cm,opk,hio

R/R: Finally going to get rain but not liking the thunderstorm that brings it. I`m a worry wort about forest fires.

CS/Q:  nothing yet
  • @Stargazer1lily The forest fires in my area are already insane this year. I know they would be becuase our winter was so darn dry. We’ve been waking up to heavy smoke every morning due to a close by fire and I’m over it. My eyes burn and the smell is killer. 

@LJMoon6 What a crazy story. I get what you mean about it feeling like a movie. Our minds don’t want us to think about those things happening in real life. 

WTO here as well but nothing changed from yesterday so no need to post my stats again. 
  • Thanks for all the support/encouragement on the job front- doing my best to keep my hopes up, as well as continuing to look! Fx for something signed soon.

@LJMoon6 hope your new antibiotics kick in quickly! I’m the same with wanting results from meds fast!

@meladams10 good timing on getting the bedroom furniture back it place!

@prpl11butterfly mmmmm Starbucks always helps people get in my good graces! And thank you, this has been a great job, so I’m sad to lose it. But definitely hopeful that whatever’s next is a good change!

• @general_organa I read in The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant by Jean Twenge, PhD, that high caffeine consumption can lower the chances of conception, but about a cup a day is fine, so I might skip or go decaf on either the coffee or the soda. The book was well-researched and supported by peer-reviewed studies, but I don't have the citation for that study handy. 
  • Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: pnv, b complex vitamin, bbt, cm, opk

R/R: Had a rough day at work (never mind that’s it’s been crazy hence I’ve been MIA) and I had a momentary daydream of giving it all up and letting DH work while I just stay home.  I’d get up each day around 8, go work out, clean the house, read a book... sigh.  Haha then I snapped out of it.  10 years of schooling, can’t be doing that.

CS/Q:  This month and last month I have had trouble deciphering my OPKs. I have several days in a row where it’s either positive or not quite positive but I can’t tell which.  Obviously it’s too early to tell this month but last month I didn’t have an obvious temp shift so I guess it’s just a waiting game like everything else.
  • @LElkCot I’m so sorry about your job.  That just stinks.  FX something comes up soon.

@prpl11butterfly hahaha those are amazingly consistent!  Nice!
  • Sorry ladies I’m so busy again but I read. 

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: all things 

R/R: positive opk today finally. I’m happy with our timing so far. We almost didn’t get it done this morning. My husband had big time performance anxiety. Thankfully, he tried the cup in the other room and it worked out. Starting to feel crampy so I know O is coming. 

CS/Q: 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN